PDA

View Full Version : U of North Texas drug problems

UNI Pike
October 28th, 2008, 06:55 PM
HOLY CR4P BATMAN!

15 out of 86 tested were positive, or 17.4%. I do drug testing for a living, and employment related drug tests range at about 5-8%, depending on type of job and location in the country. (Construction & restaurant industries test highest, regulated truck drivers & pilots lowest).

This testing was done at the request of the head coach - congrats to him for taking responsibility. Bad news is the university does not kick someone off until the fourth positive.

Story here (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-northtexas-drugtests&prov=ap&type=lgns)

NoCoDanny
October 28th, 2008, 08:15 PM
5 or 6 years ago they were the best program in the Sun Belt and now they are terrible. What a decline... I know how that feels.

Silenoz
October 28th, 2008, 08:30 PM
I'd start hitting drugs if I played for North Texas

PaladinFan
October 28th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Strange. There's really no excuse for being that bad in the state of Texas. Half the high school teams out there could play in the FCS and be competitive.

wkuhillhound
October 28th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Hopefully WKU can help their losing extend this Saturday...... :D

Franks Tanks
October 28th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Strange. There's really no excuse for being that bad in the state of Texas. Half the high school teams out there could play in the FCS and be competitive.

That is so not true. No high school team in the Histroy of the world could compete with a FCS team. The difference between 16-17 years olds and 20-22 year olds is huge. Even the absolute best high school teams still only have a portion of their players go on to D-I. Every kid on the field at a college is obviosuly a D-I caliber player.

BobcatTXST04
October 28th, 2008, 10:35 PM

I don't know why so many Texas teams are so bad. We have some of the best recruits in the country, but few of them choose to stay in state if they can't play for UT.

That is so not true. No high school team in the Histroy of the world could compete with a FCS team. The difference between 16-17 years olds and 20-22 year olds is huge. Even the absolute best high school teams still only have a portion of their players go on to D-I. Every kid on the field at a college is obviosuly a D-I caliber player.

You haven't seen our 16-17 year olds. xlolx

Shellin
October 28th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Apparently even the egos are bigger in Texas :)

Big Al
October 28th, 2008, 10:42 PM
I'd start hitting drugs if I played for North Texas

Man, they've fallen a long way from the days of Mean Joe Green and Hayden Fry.

DFW HOYA
October 29th, 2008, 04:42 AM
Man, they've fallen a long way from the days of Mean Joe Green and Hayden Fry.

Those were the days UNT (then North Texas State) played in the Missouri Valley and made an effort to join the Southwest Conference, but when it was going nowhere Fry left for Iowa.

UNT had sucess in the I-AA playoffs before moving to the Sun Belt, where it went to four straight bowl games. The problem now is that it buys too many guarantee games and its defense is nonexistent. Last year the Eagles lost to Navy 74-62.

Better news, though--students have approved a new stadium to replace what could be I-A's worst stadium, the aging Fouts Field.

The old:
http://www.meangreensports.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?PAGE_ID=&ZID=414640

The new:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:UNTstadium.jpg

PaladinFan
October 29th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Come on people. I'm joking. My high school is 8-0 in 2008, and they couldn't hang with anyone at this level.

Franks Tanks
October 29th, 2008, 07:41 AM
I don't know why so many Texas teams are so bad. We have some of the best recruits in the country, but few of them choose to stay in state if they can't play for UT.

You haven't seen our 16-17 year olds. xlolx

I've played with many guys from Texas. It seemed about half of the guys on my prep school team were from all over Texas. Good players? of cousre. Better then guys from other places? not really.

Texas has a ton of people, it makes sense they will produce a lot of quality FB players.

Panther88
October 29th, 2008, 03:13 PM

Obviously you haven't seen some of the semi-pro teams lol @ a few of the local HSs. lol

Recall that commercial w/ Bill Parcells and the team in black w/ the "T" on their helmet. Meet Mr Euless Trinity University Semi-Pro. lol They reload every single year. xthumbsupx

PaladinFan
October 29th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I'm just wondering who the high schooler was that had to block the kid who plays nosetackle for Alabama (Cody). That kid was probably every bit of 350 lbs as a senior in high school.