PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Week 10

skinny_uncle
October 28th, 2008, 04:29 PM
You know the routine.

UNI @ WIU Going with the home team.
YSU @ Ill State Last hoorah for the Redbirds.
MSU @ SDSU Bunnies trying to hang in the race
UND @ SIU Lennon beats his alma mater.
Indy State @ NDSU No explanation needed.

Last week all the road teams won. This week is the home team's turn.

BisonCM
October 28th, 2008, 04:46 PM
UNI @ WIU Bounces back after close call
YSU @ Ill State Closest game of the week
MSU @ SDSU Get the first of the 2 home games to gain momentum before going on the road
UND @ SIU UND has a football team??
Indy State @ NDSU FFD empty by halftime

UNI Pike
October 28th, 2008, 04:47 PM
As the contrarian, I'll bite the dog

UNI @ WIU - UNI D saves the offensive coordinator's #@%# play calling in the 2nd half once we get up by 10 at one point. Decided by a FG.
YSU @ Ill State - Out on a limb with this, but I think with their QB Summers back for week 2 after his injury, he gets a better performance this go round than against the Panthers.
MSU @ SDSU - I think MSU's offense could light up the Jacks. If the weather turns nasty, I will switch sides, as MSU tends to be pass happy.
UND @ SIU - Surprising close as UND attempts to be the spoiler.
Indy State @ NDSU - ISU goes to 1-41 since 2005.

NeckPride08
October 28th, 2008, 04:54 PM
You know the routine.

UNI @ WIU Going with the home team.
YSU @ Ill State Last hoorah for the Redbirds.
MSU @ SDSU Bunnies trying to hang in the race
UND @ SIU Lennon beats his alma mater.
Indy State @ NDSU No explanation needed.

Last week all the road teams won. This week is the home team's turn.

UNI @ WIU Leathernecks win 21-17 in the 4th after a hard fought defensive game.
YSU @ Ill State Redbirds win at home 28-14
MSU @ SDSU MSU begins to play spoiler and takes down the rabbits 24-21
UND @ SIU SIU stays in command of the MVFC 35-21
ISU(blue) @ NDSU Let's have fun and say NDSU wins 28-14 as ISU tries to double their amount of touchdowns in a game. :)

RabidRabbit
October 28th, 2008, 05:14 PM
UNI @ WIU Going with the home team, and the solid game in trenches, at QB, at running, and special teams. WIU earns the respect of the voters.
YSU @ Ill State YSU meek show up for the road game. New coach a coming at YSU?
MSU @ SDSU Bunnies healthy for the first time since end of 1st half of Western IL game. Comfortable 14pt win at CAS.
UND @ SIU Lennon beats his alma mater. The Jedi trainee still gets Master's domination.
Indy State @ NDSU No explanation needed. But Indy St. scores a non-junk TD.

skinny_uncle
October 28th, 2008, 09:12 PM
As the contrarian, I'll bite the dog

UNI @ WIU - UNI D saves the offensive coordinator's #@%# play calling in the 2nd half once we get up by 10 at one point. Decided by a FG.
YSU @ Ill State - Out on a limb with this, but I think with their QB Summers back for week 2 after his injury, he gets a better performance this go round than against the Panthers.
MSU @ SDSU - I think MSU's offense could light up the Jacks. If the weather turns nasty, I will switch sides, as MSU tends to be pass happy.
UND @ SIU - Surprising close as UND attempts to be the spoiler.
Indy State @ NDSU - ISU goes to 1-41 since 2005.
I might have went with UNI if Grace was healthy. Without him, I think the Leathernecks prevail.
I don't think weather will be a factor in the South Dakota game. It's supposed to be in the 50s with no rain.

Houndawg
October 28th, 2008, 09:19 PM
I might have went with UNI if Grace was healthy. Without him, I think the Leathernecks prevail.
I don't think weather will be a factor in the South Dakota game. It's supposed to be in the 50s with no rain.

The big question with MSU is how will last week's last play loss to SIU affect them this week, they're not the same team that lost to Washburn and they're going to be dangerous if last week didn't break them.

siuham
October 28th, 2008, 09:35 PM
UNI @ WIU - Tie? Leaning towards WIU.
YSU @ IlSU - Homefield nod.
MSU @ SDSU - Getting 5 turnovers in a game and having nothing to show for it is a glaring sign of a really bad team. SDSU will handle MSU.
InSU @ NDSU - NDSU turns the ball over 20 times and still wins 30-2.
ND @ SIU - oh ho ho. Welcome to D-I.

JayJ79
October 28th, 2008, 09:45 PM
UND @ SIU SIU stays in command of the MVFC 35-21

It's a non-conference game. It has zero effect on the conference standings. But a loss to UND could hurt at-large chances (as demonstrated by UNI in 2006)

Chi Panther
October 28th, 2008, 10:24 PM
The big question with MSU is how will last week's last play loss to SIU affect them this week, they're not the same team that lost to Washburn and they're going to be dangerous if last week didn't break them.

MSU has the best coach in the conf....however I agree with you, how do the kids react???

SiouxFallsJack
October 29th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Home teams complete a sweep this week.

MSUBear42
October 29th, 2008, 12:04 AM
MSU has the best coach in the conf....however I agree with you, how do the kids react???

That's the question of the week.

Well, the real question of the week is "Is it basketball season yet" but that's the question of the week that pertains to footballxlolx

Home team's sweep, MSU loses by 1 on a last second safety.

nmatsen
October 29th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Farley has never lost a YSU, last week that held true...
Farley has never lost at WIU, this week that will also hold true. WIU will have a non existent running game against the Panthers.

leatherneck177
October 29th, 2008, 11:36 AM
UNI @ WIU - Panthers pull out a close one late, 24-22.
Missouri State @ SDSU - Rabbits in a high scoring affair, 37-31.
YSU @ ISU Red - Penguins win on the road, 24-17
North Dakota @ SIU - Salukis win this one in 2nd half, 30-17
ISU Blue @ NDSU - Bison win big, 43-3

DOME
October 29th, 2008, 02:11 PM
As to the UNI game, last year UNI took the WIU offense and ran it better than they did while shutting them down. I'd like to see that happen again, especially since Pat wont be 100% if he plays at all.

Can we stuff Herb two years in a row?

nmatsen
October 29th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Yes.

NeckPride08
October 29th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Can we stuff Herb two years in a row?

I think the honest answer is no. I believe that Western has an improved running attack with Herb and Dre Gibbs that will keep the UNI D-line busy most of the night. Matt Barr has also shown improvement over last year, not to mention Zach Wells is ready and available after a successful game two saturdays ago.

If UNI is without Grace, I do not see them putting up many points against Western's defense. Western leads UNI in both PF and PA points stats, not to mention WIU is riding a 4 game winning streak while UNI is trying to balance out after a near disaster against Youngstown.

nmatsen
October 29th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I think the honest answer is no. I believe that Western has an improved running attack with Herb and Dre Gibbs that will keep the UNI D-line busy most of the night. Matt Barr has also shown improvement over last year, not to mention Zach Wells is ready and available after a successful game two saturdays ago.

If UNI is without Grace, I do not see them putting up many points against Western's defense. Western leads UNI in both PF and PA points stats, not to mention WIU is riding a 4 game winning streak while UNI is trying to balance out after a near disaster against Youngstown.

OOOOHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Serously, are you retarded? You just said that WIU is riding a 4 game winning streak, before you say something like that take the two seconds it would take to realize that UNI is on a FIVE game winning streak. Neither are much to be proud of. UNI has them every year, don't get too excited about your wins against Indiana State and SMS, neither of which are included in UNI's FIVE game winning streak. We have faced the top, and are left with the bottom, you have faced the bottom and now are left with the top. Good luck with that. UNI by 10+.

We are going to stop Donaldson, the only way that changes is if you have learned how to throw the football, my guess is no. Sure, he will get 80-100 yards because they will give it to him a million times! Oh, how about that brilliant run defense that absolutely got the cans kicked in last year. We wouldn't have had to throw the whole game. I think we threw it like 8 times the whole game.

unialum95
October 29th, 2008, 04:10 PM
OOOOHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Serously, are you retarded? You just said that WIU is riding a 4 game winning streak, before you say something like that take the two seconds it would take to realize that UNI is on a FIVE game winning streak. Neither are much to be proud of. UNI has them every year, don't get too excited about your wins against Indiana State and SMS, neither of which are included in UNI's FIVE game winning streak. We have faced the top, and are left with the bottom, you have faced the bottom and now are left with the top. Good luck with that. UNI by 10+.

We are going to stop Donaldson, the only way that changes is if you have learned how to throw the football, my guess is no. Sure, he will get 80-100 yards because they will give it to him a million times! Oh, how about that brilliant run defense that absolutely got the cans kicked in last year. We wouldn't have had to throw the whole game. I think we threw it like 8 times the whole game.

It is a four game streak for UNI too. UNI will need Lewis back at 100% to win this game. I have confidence that our D can slow down the WIU rushing attack as long as we can sustain drives on offense. But without a clock control offense like we had last year, this could be a very close game. Both teams need this win for the playoffs so it will be interesting to watch.

NeckPride08
October 29th, 2008, 04:25 PM
OOOOHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Serously, are you retarded? You just said that WIU is riding a 4 game winning streak, before you say something like that take the two seconds it would take to realize that UNI is on a FIVE game winning streak.

I would take your post seriously if you weren't so "retarded" by stating that your team is on a five game winning streak.

Let's recap:
Oct 25 - UNI 21 - YSU 20 W
Oct 18 - UNI 23 - NDSU 13 W
Oct 11 - UNI 31 - ISU(red) 17 W
Oct 2 - UNI 34 - N.St. - 14 W
Sept 27 - UNI 24 - SIU 27 L

Last time I checked that would be a FOUR game winning streak. I don't mean to be a jerk about it, but you really need to do some RESEARCH before you run your mouth. Oops!xoopsx

UNI Pike
October 29th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Counting his chickens

skinny_uncle
October 29th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Farley has never lost a YSU, last week that held true...
Farley has never lost at WIU, this week that will also hold true. WIU will have a non existent running game against the Panthers.
Stuffing Donaldson will be a good trick. He's already over a thousand yards this year (again).

UNI Pike
October 29th, 2008, 04:53 PM
He can't run if he is not on the field. We may go jumbo run package the entire game. Last year UNI 37 minutes to WIU 23. 334 yards rushing vs 114 for WIU.

I would say our O-Line is off from last year, but the D-Line is much better.

UNIFanSince1983
October 29th, 2008, 04:58 PM
If Bob Swift isn't back we may struggle in the o-line again...

crunifan
October 29th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Stuffing Donaldson will be a good trick. He's already over a thousand yards this year (again).

Well, in our defense, we have done it before. Last year in Macomb we beat WIU 42-3. We only passed the ball eight times, and completed all eight.

Now, this year is different. Sanders is gone, Grace isn't 100% (might not even play), and we just aren't as good as last year. But, we have reasons to be optimistic...

skinny_uncle
October 29th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Well, in our defense, we have done it before. Last year in Macomb we beat WIU 42-3. We only passed the ball eight times, and completed all eight.

Now, this year is different. Sanders is gone, Grace isn't 100% (might not even play), and we just aren't as good as last year. But, we have reasons to be optimistic...
How did you end up playing them in Macomb two years in a row? That's not normal.

crunifan
October 29th, 2008, 09:18 PM
How did you end up playing them in Macomb two years in a row? That's not normal.

Because of the addition of NDSU and SDSU, our schedule had to be moved around so that we had equal home and away games. Thus, we got stuck getting sent to Macomb two years in a row.

I was really hoping for a second straight game with SIU in the Dome!xlolx

Cap'n Cat
October 29th, 2008, 09:21 PM
UNI @ WIU by 14+
YSU @ Ill State by 3
MSU @ SDSU by 2
UND @ SIU by 20

INSU @ NDSU 3-0 final

skinny_uncle
October 29th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Because of the addition of NDSU and SDSU, our schedule had to be moved around so that we had equal home and away games. Thus, we got stuck getting sent to Macomb two years in a row.

Not the Dome. Thank heaven the Valley officials didn't put us through that.
xeekx

Cap'n Cat
October 29th, 2008, 09:22 PM

No way, cr. They'd be whinin' worse than Montana fans.

xrolleyesx

skinny_uncle
October 29th, 2008, 09:25 PM
UNI @ WIU by 14+
YSU @ Ill State by 3
MSU @ SDSU by 2
UND @ SIU by 20

INSU @ NDSU 3-0 final

I can't believe you picked the Penguins to win a game. Have the Bison become your new target? Indiana State hasn't held anyone under 24 points this year.

JayJ79
October 29th, 2008, 09:29 PM
INSU @ [B]NDSU 3-0 final

That score would crack me up.

PantherRob82
October 29th, 2008, 09:32 PM

It would be no different than last year. He got his yards all season. We smoked em anyway.

skinny_uncle
October 29th, 2008, 09:41 PM
It would be no different than last year. He got his yards all season. We smoked em anyway.

Last year you had a healthy starting QB.

Khan4Cats
October 30th, 2008, 07:33 AM

No, then it would have been two straight on the road against Illinois State.:D Sorry, I had to. xrolleyesx

Khan4Cats
October 30th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Last year you had a healthy starting QB.

We didn't need a starting QB last year, he only threw 8 times. We'll be fine if Grace plays, we'll be fine if he doesn't. I expect a battle, but UNI will hold it's own defensively, just how many yards rushing did SIU have against us? The difference will be turnovers (another game like at SIU won't cut it) and special teams (can't keep giving up great field position on kickoffs).

Khan4Cats
October 30th, 2008, 07:58 AM
oops, didn't throw in my picks:

YSU over Illinois State
North Dakota State, now accustomed to MVFC style play, gets to say WTF when Indiana State shows up, enjoy the game Bison fans.
South Dakota State and Missouri State have a good battle, but I go with Jackrabbits at home.
Southern Illinois wins over a game North Dakota bunch, pulling away in the second half.
UNI takes down WIU in a really tough battle. Game is close at half, UNI widens lead in the third, only to have WIU battle back. Typical UNI MO this year.

nmatsen
October 30th, 2008, 08:08 AM
I would take your post seriously if you weren't so "retarded" by stating that your team is on a five game winning streak.

Let's recap:
Oct 25 - UNI 21 - YSU 20 W
Oct 18 - UNI 23 - NDSU 13 W
Oct 11 - UNI 31 - ISU(red) 17 W
Oct 2 - UNI 34 - N.St. - 14 W
Sept 27 - UNI 24 - SIU 27 L

Last time I checked that would be a FOUR game winning streak. I don't mean to be a jerk about it, but you really need to do some RESEARCH before you run your mouth. Oops!xoopsx

My post will make more sense to you on Sunday. ;)

Killsback
October 30th, 2008, 09:29 AM
UNI over WIU...the Panthers stuffed SIU's running game and will do the same to the Necks and Donaldson...24-10
YSU loses to ISU..Denver's last stand....
SMS loses at SDSU....the road is a tough place for Allen's minions especially after last week's loss at home to SIU
UND loses big at SIU. SIU's "D" holds ND to less than 150 total yards. Salukis win in a romp.
Indiana shows up at NDSU..that's the only thing that goes well for the Sycs.

SIU and UNI will tie for the MVFC title and we all know who gets the auto bid!!!

skinny_uncle
October 30th, 2008, 12:06 PM
We didn't need a starting QB last year, he only threw 8 times. We'll be fine if Grace plays, we'll be fine if he doesn't. I expect a battle, but UNI will hold it's own defensively, just how many yards rushing did SIU have against us? The difference will be turnovers (another game like at SIU won't cut it) and special teams (can't keep giving up great field position on kickoffs).
With Grace out, you guys just don't look like the same team. You barely escaped Youngstown with a win. I think you will have your hands full this Saturday.

UNI Pike
October 30th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Obviously we are not the same, how many other teams have a fullback that passes and has the fiery personality of Woody Hayes?

I think that last week's result is just a prime example of the style of play that UNI has under coach Farley & crew. We simply do not put the hammer down when given the opportunity. Once we are up by two scores, the play calling on OFF gets reigned in. Look back on the past three years, the pattern repeats itself. I have personally lost about 3 years off my life because of this phenomenon. xbawlingx

That the only good thing about Earl Bruce as coach way back when- he ran up the score. Other than that, he was a train wreck.

skinny_uncle
October 30th, 2008, 12:34 PM
We have our own date with the Leathernecks the following week. This will all get sorted out pretty soon. Hang on. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

Chi Panther
October 30th, 2008, 01:46 PM
We have our own date with the Leathernecks the following week. This will all get sorted out pretty soon. Hang on. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

We'll try and soften them up for ya.....

skinny_uncle
October 30th, 2008, 01:47 PM
We'll try and soften them up for ya.....
That would be appreciated.
:D

Houndawg
October 30th, 2008, 02:01 PM
With Grace out, you guys just don't look like the same team. You barely escaped Youngstown with a win. I think you will have your hands full this Saturday.

I think so too, but I like UNI if the game is low-scoring and in the style of last year's 10-9 game between WIU and SIU. UNI's special teams the difference in that sort of game.

I think UND hangs with us for a half and SIU rests some dinged starters.

JayJ79
October 30th, 2008, 11:24 PM
I'd love to see SIU lose to UND.
(even though SIU would still hold the conference auto-bid barring another loss).

But I don't think it will actually happen.

MSUBear42
October 30th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Maybe I'm silly, but I have a really good feeling about MSu this week. It seems to me that SDSU is more of a passing team and we have a LOT better of a shot against a passing team than a team with a dominant running back. I don't think our WRs will drop as many passes as they did last week and I really think that we'll come out and attack the endzone every single drive instead of waiting until we're behind in the 2nd half.

NeckPride08
October 31st, 2008, 11:47 AM
From TSN -

No .5 Northern Iowa (6-2, 4-1 MVFC) at No. 12 Western Illinois (5-2, 3-1 MVFC), 1:05 p.m.

Had it not been for cornerback Darrell Lloyd's right hand that blocked Youngstown State's potential game-tying extra point last week, Saturday's contest between Northern Iowa and Western Illinois might not have such a championship-like fervor surrounding it.

However, the Panthers were able to escape the Ice Castle with a 21-20 win setting up a titanic tilt between the Panthers and Leathernecks. The winner of the looming contest will go a long way in deciding the Missouri Valley Football race and have a firm grasp on the league's title.

The Leathernecks have lost four of their last five to the Panthers and haven't played this much on the line since the 2003 campaign. Western Illinois completed that season with a 9-4 mark and an appearance in the FCS quarterfinals.

Last week, the Leathernecks won their fourth-straight game with a 56-0 blanking of Indiana State on Homecoming to enter as one of the hottest teams in FCS. Offensively, it was again the Herb Donaldson (1,091 rushing yards and 16 TDs) show, as he rushed for 137 yards and two scores to continue his bid to win the Payton Award. He is the ringleader of the nation's fourth-ranked rushing offense (268 yards per game).

Quarterback Matt Barr (980 yards, five TDs and an interception) has done what has been asked of him in regards to managing the Leathernecks' offense. Barr rested a minor injury last week against the Sycamores in order to ready himself for the monumental matchup.

The Western Illinois defense (295 yards per game) again lived up to its No. 13 national ranking in total defense, and allowed a season-low 135 yards to the Sycamores.

Leading the unit is linebacker and Buchanan Award candidate Jason Williams (45 tackles, team-best 12 tackles-for-loss and 3.5 sacks), who had four tackles- for-loss alone in the win over Indiana State.

Northern Iowa, by virtue of Lloyd's FCS-best fifth blocked kick of the season to help the Panthers escape with their fourth-straight victory.

Like Western Illinois' Matt Barr, UNI starting signal-caller Pat Grace (1,104 passing yards, nine TD passes and five interceptions) was sidelined with an injury last week, suffering a sprained knee in the win over North Dakota State. The status of Grace for Saturday's game is unknown, meaning redshirt freshman Zach Davis (162 yards passing and a TD vs. Youngstown State) could garner his second consecutive start.

Star running back Corey Lewis (672 yards rushing and three TDs) ran wild in the Panthers' 42-3 win in the UNI Dome last season, finishing the contest with 166 yards and two rushing scores and a TD reception. But Lewis seems to be recovering well from an ankle injury suffered three weeks ago after rushing for 97 yards last Saturday.

The Panthers' defense, which afforded Western Illinois just 163 yards in last season's meeting, was the only FCS team to hold Donaldson (80 yards in '07 meeting) under 100 yards last season.

This should be a tight, defensive-oriented game, with WIU holding a slim advantage playing at home.

Western Illinois 17, Northern Iowa 16

X-Factor
October 31st, 2008, 12:00 PM
UNI @ WIU - Tie? Leaning towards WIU.
YSU @ IlSU - Homefield nod.
MSU @ SDSU - Getting 5 turnovers in a game and having nothing to show for it is a glaring sign of a really bad team. SDSU will handle MSU.
InSU @ NDSU - NDSU turns the ball over 20 times and still wins 30-2.
ND @ SIU - oh ho ho. Welcome to D-I.

18 interceptions and 2 fumbles under center? sounds about right.

UNIFanSince1983
October 31st, 2008, 12:09 PM
TSN always has trouble with their analysis of games. Not saying anything about the prediction, but saying the game was in the UNI-Dome last year. I know it doesn't make sense to an outsider, but you would have thought they could have done a little more research.

pantheralum16
October 31st, 2008, 12:10 PM
From TSN -

in the Panthers' 42-3 win in the UNI Dome last season

xconfusedx

X-Factor
October 31st, 2008, 12:10 PM
WIU - best MVFC defense gets the job done
ISU - Even with ISU this beat up, I'm not sure anything can go right for YSU this year
SDSU - SDSU's porous defense will catch up with them eventually, but not this week. Berry for 3 scores.
NDSU - the shutout hopefuls go into this week ready for a dogfight xlolx yeah right xcoolx
SIU - Go ahead and run up the score dawgs!

mango43
October 31st, 2008, 12:11 PM
Maybe I'm silly, but I have a really good feeling about MSu this week. It seems to me that SDSU is more of a passing team and we have a LOT better of a shot against a passing team than a team with a dominant running back. I don't think our WRs will drop as many passes as they did last week and I really think that we'll come out and attack the endzone every single drive instead of waiting until we're behind in the 2nd half.

SDSU does pass a lot more this year than they have in past years but they still have a very good running back in Minett. The Jacks need to be balanced, if not run 60% of the time, which they are capable of.

NeckPride08
October 31st, 2008, 02:06 PM
xconfusedx

You would think things like that would get caught. Is anybody coming down for the game tomorrow?

leatherneck177
October 31st, 2008, 02:41 PM
Yes, I should be in town by 10(4 hour drive) to get in some tailgating.

Sturgisjeff
October 31st, 2008, 04:18 PM
Illinois State announced yesterday that Parrish Fischer has been dismissed from the team.

UNI Pike
October 31st, 2008, 04:44 PM
Seems just playing YSU causes problems...

Saluki09
November 1st, 2008, 11:36 AM
I'd love to see SIU lose to UND.
(even though SIU would still hold the conference auto-bid barring another loss).

But I don't think it will actually happen.

Why would you want us to lose to UND? The MVFC looks bad enough with all of our other OOC losses, we don't need to look any worse.

Drblankstare
November 1st, 2008, 02:45 PM
18 interceptions and 2 fumbles under center? sounds about right.

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Chi Panther
November 1st, 2008, 02:47 PM
ISU - Even with ISU this beat up, I'm not sure anything can go right for YSU this year
SDSU - SDSU's porous defense will catch up with them eventually, but not this week. Berry for 3 scores.
NDSU - the shutout hopefuls go into this week ready for a dogfight xlolx yeah right xcoolx

Bad post....dead wrongxthumbsupx

Chi Panther
November 1st, 2008, 02:50 PM

UNI had the ball for 40mins.....WIU has a Real Good Defense....xthumbsupx

crunifan
November 1st, 2008, 02:51 PM
GAME OVER!

UNI blows out Western Illinois 30-6

MSUBear42
November 1st, 2008, 02:56 PM
Wow...

Drblankstare
November 1st, 2008, 03:04 PM
UNI winning the game doesnt suprise me, its how they did it that does. Pounding a team as good as WIU, on the road. xeekx

JayJ79
November 1st, 2008, 03:06 PM
Why would you want us to lose to UND? The MVFC looks bad enough with all of our other OOC losses, we don't need to look any worse.

sorry. still harboring a grudge over the UNI/SIU game. :p

I'm sure plenty of Saluki fans got a kick out of UNI losing to UND in '06.

crunifan
November 1st, 2008, 03:09 PM
Wow...

So, making a trip to the Dome next weekend? We'd love to have you! xnodx

Chi Panther
November 1st, 2008, 03:18 PM
UNI winning the game doesnt suprise me, its how they did it that does. Pounding a team as good as WIU, on the road. xeekx

....and don't forget how beat up we are right now....xrotatehx

UNI Pike
November 1st, 2008, 04:07 PM

UNI & WIU should have just replayed the tape from last year's game and saved the travel costs.

Here's to breaking the even year curse xbeerchugx

skinny_uncle
November 1st, 2008, 04:46 PM
Ill State 54 YSU 44 final
SIU 40 UND 21 final

skinny_uncle
November 1st, 2008, 04:52 PM
Larry Warner of SIU with 256 yards and 2 TDs on 21 carries today.

siuham
November 1st, 2008, 05:04 PM
So...how much will NDSU score tonight?

40, 50, 60, or 70?

skinny_uncle
November 1st, 2008, 05:09 PM

40, 50, 60, or 70?
Probably as much as they want.

JBB
November 1st, 2008, 05:30 PM
Larry Warner of SIU with 256 yards and 2 TDs on 21 carries today.

I watched the web cast, it was good. NDSU held Warner to 65 yds. He really had a great day today. He broke a 75 yarder in the second half that really put him over the top. He was already running all over the place.

The game was never in doubt, Freund had an ok day yards wise but couldnt even come close to keeping UND in the game.

DOME
November 1st, 2008, 05:41 PM
I think Indly St has a chance tonight...I mean the cows aren't really playing for much at this point ;)

JBB
November 1st, 2008, 05:50 PM
They have the third best pass defense in the league.

clenz
November 1st, 2008, 05:52 PM
They have the third best pass defense in the league.
And WIU had the best. That didn't mean anything.

FWIW ISUB doesn't have the O that UNI has

siuham
November 1st, 2008, 06:29 PM
NDSU going to start playing yet? 7-7 1st quarter.

Anyone have Audio for this?

edit: http://www.gobison.com/newMediaPlayer/console.htm?type=live&oemid=2400&id=40803&KEY=

Go Bison
November 1st, 2008, 06:43 PM
NDSU 10 Indiana State 7...Indiana State has 3 personal foul penalties so far, but they have more total yards than NDSU has.

Pantherpower
November 1st, 2008, 07:06 PM
NDSU 10 Indiana State 7...Indiana State has 3 personal foul penalties so far, but they have more total yards than NDSU has.

That is shocking. ISU Blue is very, very bad.

siuham
November 1st, 2008, 07:07 PM
NDSU go up 17-7 on a 15 yard pass.

Set-up by an interception on the other side of the field, can't remember if it was in the RZ or not.

siuham
November 1st, 2008, 07:14 PM
20-7, halftime is 3 seconds away. Bison score on another Turnover.

UNIFanSince1983
November 1st, 2008, 07:40 PM
I heard this was a bus trip for the Sycamores to Fargo...

siuham
November 1st, 2008, 07:42 PM
I heard this was a bus trip for the Sycamores to Fargo...

13 hours isn't *too* bad.

siuham
November 1st, 2008, 07:52 PM
NDSU spent 8 minutes at the start of the half to get 6. 27-7 now. 8 minute drive? Yeesh.

UNI Pike
November 1st, 2008, 07:52 PM
each way?

Get the ACLU on that - cruel and unusual

89rabbit
November 1st, 2008, 09:04 PM
each way?

Get the ACLU on that - cruel and unusual

Could be worse, look what the underfunded other D-I school from South Dakota did:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20081028/SPORTS0203/81028001/1002/sports

Grueling road ahead
After two-week layoff, Coyotes set to travel almost 1,000 miles on bus

mick garry • [email protected] • October 28, 2008

Here’s how it’s going to go down for the USD football team this week, which plays at North Greenville in Tigerville, S.C., on Saturday:

Thursday morning the Coyotes will practice in Vermillion at 6 a.m., then get on a bus and leave for Paducah, Ky., by 7:30 a.m.

It’s an estimated 11 hours and 750 miles to the first stop. The Coyotes will then travel another five hours Friday morning to Knoxville, Tenn., and practice at the University of Tennessee, as arranged by athletic director Joel Nielsen.

From there, it’s another 160 miles to Tigerville, S.C., where the Coyotes will spend Friday night before taking on the 2-7 NCAA Division II North Greenville Crusaders on Saturday at 11 a.m. Central time. . . . (read more)

All this to play a D-II school at their place. xnonono2x

usdfbalum63
November 1st, 2008, 09:18 PM
Could be worse, look what the underfunded other D-I school from South Dakota did:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20081028/SPORTS0203/81028001/1002/sports

Grueling road ahead
After two-week layoff, Coyotes set to travel almost 1,000 miles on bus

mick garry • [email protected] • October 28, 2008

Here’s how it’s going to go down for the USD football team this week, which plays at North Greenville in Tigerville, S.C., on Saturday:

Thursday morning the Coyotes will practice in Vermillion at 6 a.m., then get on a bus and leave for Paducah, Ky., by 7:30 a.m.

It’s an estimated 11 hours and 750 miles to the first stop. The Coyotes will then travel another five hours Friday morning to Knoxville, Tenn., and practice at the University of Tennessee, as arranged by athletic director Joel Nielsen.

From there, it’s another 160 miles to Tigerville, S.C., where the Coyotes will spend Friday night before taking on the 2-7 NCAA Division II North Greenville Crusaders on Saturday at 11 a.m. Central time. . . . (read more)

All this to play a D-II school at their place. xnonono2x

Remember your transition year? Tough to get games this first year as a non-counter -- it was that or nothing for us. The schedule is better next year, but McNeese State just backed out on a trip to play us next year, just like Montana did to you. Even though we are underfunded, I think we would give your Jacks everything they could handle this year. And it would probably draw more than 6100 people to the game.

89rabbit
November 1st, 2008, 09:25 PM
Remember your transition year? Tough to get games this first year as a non-counter -- it was that or nothing for us. The schedule is better next year, but McNeese State just backed out on a trip to play us next year, just like Montana did to you. Even though we are underfunded, I think we would give your Jacks everything they could handle this year. And it would probably draw more than 6100 people to the game.

We didn't bus to the coast. As far as giving us a game . . . xrolleyesx go get a FCS win before you worry about how you would do against us. xlolx xnodx xlolx

usdfbalum63
November 1st, 2008, 09:26 PM
We didn't bus to the coast. As far as giving us a game . . . xrolleyesx go get a FCS win before you worry about how you would do against us. xlolx xnodx xlolx

Quit ducking us Rabbits!

BisonBacker
November 1st, 2008, 09:30 PM

40, 50, 60, or 70?

One would have thought that but not this NDSU team. xsmhx

BisonBacker
November 1st, 2008, 09:32 PM
That is shocking. ISU Blue is very, very bad.

No it's not shocking, NDSU is not a good team this year.

BisonBacker
November 1st, 2008, 09:34 PM

Sorry reality check for you. SDSU would pound USD right now it wouldn't even be a game.

usdfbalum63
November 1st, 2008, 09:35 PM
Sorry reality check for you. SDSU would pound USD right now it wouldn't even be a game.

You are next Bison........

Rabbit3467
November 1st, 2008, 09:38 PM

When your team can afford to fly, give us a call. Maybe 10 years??? xcoffeex

usdfbalum63
November 1st, 2008, 09:39 PM
When your team can afford to fly, give us a call. Maybe 10 years??? xcoffeex

Did Wisconsin LaCrosse fly when they came to Brookings?

JackTwice
November 1st, 2008, 09:41 PM
go get a FCS win before you worry about how you would do against us. xlolx xnodx xlolx

**bump**

Rabbit3467
November 1st, 2008, 09:49 PM

You dont have to fly to brookings, its just that USD MUST be desperate to have a game where they could MAKE money, so they could afford fly to a game like today's. We're not gonna help.xcoffeex

BisonBacker
November 1st, 2008, 09:51 PM

I fully expect that SDSU will give NDSU everything and then some. I don't see a Bison victory but then again I look at reality. You think you can compete when you can't. UND's coach made some bold assertions about his team and got his butt handed to him today to. You will learn soon enough but in the meantime enjoy your DII schedule I have no sympathy for you guys. Seems like the chickens finally came home to roost. Now you get your turn at it when you and the rest of the NCC along with the Thomas and UND tried to burn the XDSU's with your arrogance. Now that arrogance is rearing it's ugly head again. xnonox

usdfbalum63
November 1st, 2008, 09:51 PM
You dont have to fly to brookings, its just that USD MUST be desperate to have a game where they could MAKE money, so they could afford fly to a game like today's. We're not gonna help.xcoffeex

We didn't make money on the game -- we scheduled it in late May just as a game to get on the schedule -- didn't want three idle weeks in a row.

BisonBacker
November 1st, 2008, 09:53 PM
We didn't make money on the game -- we scheduled it in late May just as a game to get on the schedule -- didn't want three idle weeks in a row.

Besides this forum and thread are for FCS discussion, don't you belong in the GWFC forum? Your still a DII school so take your arrogance to the GWFC forum we don't need it here.

usdfbalum63
November 1st, 2008, 09:54 PM
I fully expect that SDSU will give NDSU everything and then some. I don't see a Bison victory but then again I look at reality. You think you can compete when you can't. UND's coach made some bold assertions about his team and got his butt handed to him today to. You will learn soon enough but in the meantime enjoy your DII schedule I have no sympathy for you guys. Seems like the chickens finally came home to roost. Now you get your turn at it when you and the rest of the NCC along with the Thomas and UND tried to burn the XDSU's with your arrogance. Now that arrogance is rearing it's ugly head again. xnonox

I love the mutual admiration society you have created with SDSU. xthumbsupx xlolx

BisonBacker
November 1st, 2008, 09:57 PM
I love the mutual admiration society you have created with SDSU. xthumbsupx xlolx

No I can admit they have a good team. You on the other hand don't have a clue yet what FCS football is all about. Playing DII and DIII's won't garner you any respect. Tell me again how many DI wins do you have?

usdfbalum63
November 1st, 2008, 10:00 PM
No I can admit they have a good team. You on the other hand don't have a clue yet what FCS football is all about. Playing DII and DIII's won't garner you any respect. Tell me again how many DI wins do you have?

You are right we are in our transition year. You are also right SDSU is a good team and does more than you with less -- I will give them that much credit. If they had the financial support the Bison do, and were based in Fargo they would really dominate you.

BisonBacker
November 1st, 2008, 10:01 PM
Or do you want to hang your hat on the UNI game since they didn't run up the score on you? Yeah hey you can have your moral victory's and pump your chest up all you want. When you get a DI win come back and brag it up to everyone here. Try to make sure it's not against a PFL team either. Say why don't you schedule Minnesota or Central Michigan and beat them at their home stadium. Oh yeah thats right you can't since you don't count.

BisonBacker
November 1st, 2008, 10:03 PM
You are right we are in our transition year. You are also right SDSU is a good team and does more than you with less -- I will give them that much credit. If they had the financial support the Bison do, and were based in Fargo they would really dominate you.

Yeah nice try. They don't and won't likely ever have the support we do just won't happen since Brookings is much smaller. Yeah NDSU is having a down year but the difference is a down year for us would still be a great year for USD xlolx

usdfbalum63
November 1st, 2008, 10:04 PM
Or do you want to hang your hat on the UNI game since they didn't run up the score on you? Yeah hey you can have your moral victory's and pump your chest up all you want. When you get a DI win come back and brag it up to everyone here. Try to make sure it's not against a PFL team either. Say why don't you schedule Minnesota or Central Michigan and beat them at their home stadium. Oh yeah thats right you can't since you don't count.

Never mentioned UNI -- no claim of moral victory. You are right we don't count this year. If we did I would want to schedule Wyoming.

usdfbalum63
November 1st, 2008, 10:08 PM
Yeah nice try. They don't and won't likely ever have the support we do just won't happen since Brookings is much smaller. Yeah NDSU is having a down year but the difference is a down year for us would still be a great year for USD xlolx

I love you too much BisonBacker -- you have great passion. I actually do admire the Bison and their winning attitude. We are trying hard as a program with the total picture now (more than I can say when I played -- in all honesty.) Not there yet, but we will get better.

RabidRabbit
November 1st, 2008, 10:11 PM

Don't worry BB, Jacks/Bison will and did prove our abilities on the field. UXD will have to figure it out.

UNI is into the driver's seat with win over WIU at Macomb. Jacks are on track to be 5-1 MVFC heading down to Carbondale in two weeks. Likewise, Bison are back to even in MVFC. SIU handled their non-counter with comfort. And Il St (Red) won shoot out with YSU. Pretty much results as expected.

UNIFanSince1983
November 1st, 2008, 11:20 PM
Not quite the drivers seat since SIU would still have to lose a game for us to get the autobid, but we have one real conference game left (since I cannot count the Sycamores as a real conference game). So we do have a good chance of winning out and hoping either SDSU or WIU can pull one off in Carbondale.

Khan4Cats
November 2nd, 2008, 12:35 AM
Next week will be interesting.

UNI should be able to all but lock up a play-off bid with a win over the Bears. Last two games are Indiana State and Southern Utah. SUU should be a tougher test for us than last year since we have to go to their place and I doubt they'll roll over like last year either, they could be playing for a winning record if they take care of the UxD's the next two weeks.

SIU will have their hands full with a WIU team that is fighting for its play-off life now. They control their fate but follow up WIU with SDSU at home, get through those and its up to Illinois State to tune up for another play-off berth.

SDSU gets their last home game in what should be a win over Illinois State to set up what they went through transition purgatory for-a chance to play for the play-offs the last two weeks. Win out and they will likely get in, lose 1 and 7-5 won't cut it.

NDSU gets a week off.

And then there's Indiana State/Youngstown State. Um, yeah. Hope this one isn't broadcast anywhere.

Thunderstruck84
November 2nd, 2008, 01:59 AM
So you're saying if SDSU was NDSU or had NDSU support in Brookings and if NDSU was SDSU or had SDSU support in Fargo then SDSU would dominate NDS- OH NO I'VE GONE CROSSEYED!

Drblankstare
November 2nd, 2008, 03:55 AM
So you're saying if SDSU was NDSU or had NDSU support in Brookings and if NDSU was SDSU or had SDSU support in Fargo then SDSU would dominate NDS- OH NO I'VE GONE CROSSEYED!

exactly what I was thinking.
xlmaox xlmaox

RabidRabbit
November 2nd, 2008, 05:09 AM
And then there's Indiana State/Youngstown State. Um, yeah. Hope this one isn't broadcast anywhere.

xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

Sturgisjeff
November 2nd, 2008, 07:35 AM
Wait now. The sicks were giving the guys on Bisonville.com a fit last night so they must be coming on. Oh wait, the Bison were giving the guys on Bisonville.com fits last night.

JBB
November 2nd, 2008, 08:58 AM

I think USD has a long way to go before they are Fabulous Fargo Dome ready. Both the USD and UND coaches and fans have made the claim there wasn't much difference between the FCS and D2. I think the USD coach called the FCS a super sized D2?

I think USD is 0-4 against the FCS this year and undefeated against the D2 teams or lower and UND is 1-3 FCS and also undefeated against the D2 teams or lower.

I would have to say that both coaches were underestimating the difference and the fan bases had their collective head in the clouds.

DOME
November 2nd, 2008, 10:18 AM
I don't know about you guys but I think UNI should be able to get through the Bears even though a TA team never really rolls over. The Thunderbirds don't scare me that much. Provided we can get a HUGE road win against the trees I think UNI has finally broken the even year curse!

jmc_jackrabbit
November 2nd, 2008, 10:49 AM
I don't know about you guys but I think UNI should be able to get through the Bears even though a TA team never really rolls over. The Thunderbirds don't scare me that much. Provided we can get a HUGE road win against the trees I think UNI has finally broken the even year curse!

The Bears looked completely demoralized yesterday in Brookings. I think that SIU loss hurt more than they're letting on. The loss of Washington hurt a lot, too.

Houndawg
November 2nd, 2008, 10:59 AM
The Bears looked completely demoralized yesterday in Brookings. I think that SIU loss hurt more than they're letting on. The loss of Washington hurt a lot, too.

It shouldn't have, they were on the field and they know they were lucky to be in the game.

Chi Panther
November 2nd, 2008, 11:23 AM

What you are forgetting is that EVERYONE gets up for UNI in this league.

TA used to coach UNI. Its apples and oranges from MSU playing SIU or SDSU....

jackmd
November 2nd, 2008, 11:36 AM

Nice comment. Keep living in the past and the results will be the same. I listend to Lee Timmerman on sportmax yesterday (about as objective a guy as you will find). Mike H., who wanted SDSU and NDSU to fall flat on their face and still won't acknowledge our success, asked Lee about what he thought when the xDSU's announced the move to DI. Lee said he was stunned and uncertain. He know admits that he was naive and wrong. He also said what we all know, its going to be a lot tougher for the UxD's mainly because they aren't prepared. The admin at both schools need to admit that they were forced to move up, they didn't choose to.

Until USD admin and fans admit that they were wrong, that they acted to obstruct our move to DI and that they NEED OUR HELP, I want nothing to do with them.

jackmd
November 2nd, 2008, 11:47 AM
Sorry for the previous off topic post.

I picked more with my heart than my head this week. Really needed WIU to sneak by UNI, didn't happen and I'm not surprised. SDSU should be ranked ahead of WIU by all. Our losses have been to quality opponents and we've beaten teams that we sould have.

SDSU looked great yesterday, other than the kicking game. D-line is healthy and the offense was clicking on all cylinders. We should handle Ill St. next week and then....well we all know.

Good to see SIU stay focused and whoop UND, I've still got SD fans chirping about how they "gave UNI all they could handle" and played them closer than us. Trying to explain in a logical fashion that score comparisons are not relevant doesn't work when thats all you have to compare.

NDSU is getting too much credit from the average fan. They just aren't as good this year as last. No way they should be ranked ahead of SDSU. However, a win is a win and thats what they got.

Must have been a fun one at Ill St. They won't score like that against our fully healthy defense.

MSUBear42
November 2nd, 2008, 11:51 AM

Our injuries after the game:

# 1 LB Dawson
# 1 LB Randolph
# 2 LB Hurt
#1 RB Washington
#2 RB Johnston
#1 TE Harbor
#1 OT Brown
#2 OT Duron

xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

This sucks

TCisMYhero
November 2nd, 2008, 01:08 PM
Our injuries after the game:

# 1 LB Dawson
# 1 LB Randolph
# 2 LB Hurt
#1 RB Washington
#2 RB Johnston
#1 TE Harbor
#1 OT Brown
#2 OT Duron

xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

This sucks

Music to my ears. BEAR WEEK!

usdfbalum63
November 2nd, 2008, 01:46 PM
Nice comment. Keep living in the past and the results will be the same. I listend to Lee Timmerman on sportmax yesterday (about as objective a guy as you will find). Mike H., who wanted SDSU and NDSU to fall flat on their face and still won't acknowledge our success, asked Lee about what he thought when the xDSU's announced the move to DI. Lee said he was stunned and uncertain. He know admits that he was naive and wrong. He also said what we all know, its going to be a lot tougher for the UxD's mainly because they aren't prepared. The admin at both schools need to admit that they were forced to move up, they didn't choose to.

Until USD admin and fans admit that they were wrong, that they acted to obstruct our move to DI and that they NEED OUR HELP, I want nothing to do with them.

As an MD you should know all that anger and resentment will lead to a short life.
The USD fans, (I cannot speak for UND fans) as a whole did not wish your program ill will when SDSU went D1. As a matter of fact every one of the former players at USD that I talked to (I know mostly players from the early 90s) thought your program would do well with the move. If anything they were disappointed we did not move up as well. Some fans and probably a few former players wished ill will, but if we are going by that thought process -- there are plenty of SDSU fans and admin that wish USD nothing but the worst. When it is all said and done we will both have full-funded D1 programs probably in different conferences permanently.

I would not have posted here in the first place if an SDSU poster had not brought up USD.

SDFS
November 2nd, 2008, 03:35 PM
Sorry for the previous off topic post.
Good to see SIU stay focused and whoop UND, I've still got SD fans chirping about how they "gave UNI all they could handle" and played them closer than us. Trying to explain in a logical fashion that score comparisons are not relevant doesn't work when thats all you have to compare.

I am with you SIU did hand it to UND fairly well this week. But, I am not sure that it was a "whooping".. I would say that a whooing for a first year FCS transitional team would be more in the order of 63-7 or 52-0.

Sep 04 SDSU vs. UC Davis * - at Davis, Calif. 0 - 52 (L)
Oct 30 SDSU vs. Georgia Southern 1 at Statesboro, Ga. 7 - 63 (L)

Hey, best of luck the rest of the way.. I will be pulling for Jacks.. NOTE: If you try to use the webcast for SIU game - good luck.. I tried to pay for it and use it several times with no luck.

SDFS
November 2nd, 2008, 03:52 PM
He also said what we all know, its going to be a lot tougher for the UxD's mainly because they aren't prepared. The admin at both schools need to admit that they were forced to move up, they didn't choose to.

I think that it will be a very tough transition. Simply because both xDSU have completed sucessful transitions and now we have 4 FCS team within the region competing for talent. As far as your comment about admins, I think the apology you are always asking for is in the form of retirements. UND has a new president and new AD which both support the move to Division I. Now UND can move forward to completing the transition.

Houndawg
November 2nd, 2008, 04:34 PM
I am with you SIU did hand it to UND fairly well this week. But, I am not sure that it was a "whooping".. I would say that a whooing for a first year FCS transitional team would be more in the order of 63-7 or 52-0.

Hey, best of luck the rest of the way.. I will be pulling for Jacks.. NOTE: If you try to use the webcast for SIU game - good luck.. I tried to pay for it and use it several times with no luck.

It was a "whooping"; 323 yds rushing, 6 sacks, held UND to 20 yds rushing. No smack intended, UND is game, well coached, and their QB is a stud.

jackmd
November 2nd, 2008, 05:19 PM

Those games from the PAST were whoopings for SDSU. We all admitted it then and many of us were wondering what we had gotten ourselves into.

That my friend is the major difference here. Nearly every USD fan I talk to has NO UNDERSTANDING of the difference between DII and DI, none. They bolster their naive hopes by referencing losses to DI teams and their relative success at the end of their DII era. Having solid programs in DII does not directly translate to DI. You can't necessarily expect to be even mediocre at the DI level just because you were good at the DII level. That's just a plain fact. UNI defeated USD handily and SIU did the same to UND.

I'm in no way saying they can't both eventually succeed. However, not admitting that they have a LONG WAY to go and need to catch some breaks, like we did, isn't going to convince anyone. It will fool a lot of those same naive fans and supporters but unless something real comes of it, none of it will matter. I'm pretty sure you guys understand that but there are plenty of people who don't. Its much more likely that the programs at USD will end up like our men's BB program than women's BB or FB. Especially if there is not a full commitment to the move. I would say the lack of a solid plan equals less than a full commitment, I hope I'm wrong.

So, I've taken this thread in totally the wrong direction. I do have some resentment towards the admin at USD and I believe its justified. That said, I'll eventually get over it, I think.

Nice win over N. Greenville. Are the guys back in South Dakota yet?

JayJ79
November 2nd, 2008, 07:02 PM
Provided we can get a HUGE road win against the trees....

I'm sorry, but if UNI loses to the Sycamores, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

I never enjoy hearing about injuries, regardless of which team they are. (okay okay, sometimes I'm a hypocrite in that regard with certain NFL players. But that's the pros, not college ball).

MSUBear42
November 2nd, 2008, 09:30 PM

That game's going to be 150-2

89rabbit
November 3rd, 2008, 08:44 AM
http://www.argusleader.com/article/20081103/SPORTS0202/811030314/1002/sports

Fast starts give boost to Jacks in Valley
SDSU tied with two for conference lead

Terry Vandrovec • [email protected] • November 3, 2008

BROOKINGS - South Dakota State has started fast in more ways than one in its first season in the Missouri Valley Football Conference.

Among three teams tied atop the standings with one loss in league play, the Jackrabbits - who won the Great West Football Conference last year - have outscored opponents by a combined score of 86-6 in the first halves of their four Valley victories. They put up the first 19 points in a 43-13 victory against Missouri State on Saturday at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium. . . . (read more)