PDA

View Full Version : So what's fun to do in Boone?

woffordgrad94
October 28th, 2008, 04:15 PM
In case I want to come up, is there a good bar? A good restaurant? As a matter of fact, why don't why throw a postgame party complete with halloween costumes, candy, booze and babes? We can all celebrate the greatness that is Wofford football together! xthumbsupx

neersnbeers
October 28th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Haha. Don't think I'll celebrate Wofford football with you but I'll hollar at some girls with ya.
Depends on what your liking is. Do you like the working man's bar? Do you like greek bars? hippy bars? Upscale bar/dining?

woffordgrad94
October 28th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I like bars with girls! Girls that re looking to be "picked up" We'll probably spend the night in Boone. It'd be nice to have some, um, company if you know what I mean! I'm not bragging, but the ladies love me! :p xlolx

HighRyder08
October 28th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Cafe Portofino is right down the street from the stadium....Great atmosphere and food.

Jiggs
October 28th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Fun 'n Wheels.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 28th, 2008, 05:07 PM
http://blog.wired.com/tableofmalcontents/images/antismoking.jpg

AlphaSigMD
October 28th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Cafe Portofino is a wonderful spot to have several post-game beers and a lot of tasty eclectic food.

Mellow Mushroom has the best Pizza in town.

Woodlands BBQ - always solid, but if they have it at the game, its the best food in the house.

Macado's - Great beer specials, appetizers and sandwiches. Lots of beautiful girls.

Klondike - You'll freeze your ass off, but its a great place to get blitzed.

Murphy's - Smoky, Hippie and off the beaten path. Best steer clear unless you have experienced Boone before.

Blowing Rock - Several good places Tiajuana Fats, Meadowbrook, Six Pence for liquor drinks.

House Parties, Frat Parties, Box Socials...take your pick...

AlphaSigMD
October 28th, 2008, 05:11 PM

Yes, there are lots of beautiful, open-minded women.

Seven Would Be Nice might even have a chance to get laid...xthumbsupx

proasu89
October 28th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Fun 'n Wheels.

xlolx I'd hit you up if I could.

xoutofrepx

Skjellyfetti
October 28th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Fun 'n Wheels.

It's a long story... but I am banned for life from there. :( xlolx

As far as nightlife... Cafe Portofino, Murphy's, and Boone Saloon are where I frequent. Those are all on or around King Street.

I usually avoid the trailers (Klondike, Parthenon, and Flipside). They're the fratty places. They're across from the Convention Center.

If you just want to ogle at the ladies... the Library is probably your best option. It's on Blowing Rock Road across from Hardee's.

woffordgrad94
October 28th, 2008, 05:27 PM

As far as nightlife... Cafe Portofino, Murphy's, and Boone Saloon are where I frequent. Those are all on or around King Street.

I usually avoid the trailers (Klondike, Parthenon, and Flipside). They're the fratty places. They're across from the Convention Center.

If you just want to ogle at the ladies... the Library is probably your best option. It's on Blowing Rock Road across from Hardee's.

A. Yeah, I'm sure the library is going to be open on a Friday night that also happens to be Halloween that also happens to be the night of one of the biggest games in history.
B. Even if it IS open, any person in the library at that time is a straight up NERD!
C. I don't want to just ogle ladies. I want to actually talk to some. The library just isn't the best place to do that.

Skjellyfetti
October 28th, 2008, 05:29 PM
A. Yeah, I'm sure the library is going to be open on a Friday night that also happens to be Halloween that also happens to be the night of one of the biggest games in history.
B. Even if it IS open, any person in the library at that time is a straight up NERD!
C. I don't want to just ogle ladies. I want to actually talk to some. The library just isn't the best place to do that.

Nah, the Library is the name of a bar. I wasn't talking about the library with books and such. My fault for not clarifying. xlolx

HiHiYikas
October 28th, 2008, 05:34 PM
After five visits to Flipside, I finally caught them in restaurant mode last Friday. On my other visits, they've either not been open (at times a restaurant should be open), or not been serving food.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 28th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Nah, the Library is the name of a bar. I wasn't talking about the library with books and such. My fault for not clarifying. xlolx

We really enjoyed The Library when we came down there last December. I hope we get to go 'study' again this December.

Girls in Catholic Schoolgirl outfits and 'table toppers' of beer ... what's not to like?

apppackdad
October 28th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Watching App kick pooch butt either live or on the big screen should be a lot of fun!

SideLine Shooter
October 28th, 2008, 05:43 PM

2nd The Boone Saloon!xnodx xnodx xnodx xthumbsupx

SideLine Shooter
October 28th, 2008, 05:44 PM

That looks like a Friday night in Statesboro!

boonegoon
October 28th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Well, you can finally get your liquor on.

AppSt.09
October 28th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Good local band playing at Boone Saloon, was a blast lasy Halloween when they did it.

Also Char behind Portofino is pretty good.

BeauFoster
October 28th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Man, Murphy's used to have $2.00 Michelob Light pitchers on Sunday nights in 2001 & 2002. My roommates and I used to walk down there from Vineyards and get hammered. We went so often that the bartenders all knew us and would start pouring when we came through the doors. They would even waive the cover on nights when they had a band. Dam, I miss Boone.

Appstate29
October 28th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Cafe Portofino is a wonderful spot to have several post-game beers and a lot of tasty eclectic food.

Mellow Mushroom has the best Pizza in town.

Woodlands BBQ - always solid, but if they have it at the game, its the best food in the house.

Macado's - Great beer specials, appetizers and sandwiches. Lots of beautiful girls.

Klondike - You'll freeze your ass off, but its a great place to get blitzed.

Murphy's - Smoky, Hippie and off the beaten path. Best steer clear unless you have experienced Boone before.

Blowing Rock - Several good places Tiajuana Fats, Meadowbrook, Six Pence for liquor drinks.

House Parties, Frat Parties, Box Socials...take your pick...

yeah, you won't have to go far to find a party on Friday night! Flipside is good too, its on the opposite side of 321 as you enter campus, its got decent pizza, and usually a good crowd, not too fratty, not too hippy. If you are staying overnight, for breakfast Melanies downtown is the best, Black Cat burritos and Our Daily Bread sandwiches are the best places to get lunch IMO, although I have heard great things about Vidalia but never eaten there.

kirkblitz
October 28th, 2008, 06:46 PM
i've been to boone like once in my life but most of my family use to go up ever year(without me xrolleyesx ) but the one time i went up there i really enjoyed seeing the million christmas trees there:)

AlphaSigMD
October 28th, 2008, 06:51 PM
yeah, you won't have to go far to find a party on Friday night! Flipside is good too, its on the opposite side of 321 as you enter campus, its got decent pizza, and usually a good crowd, not too fratty, not too hippy. If you are staying overnight, for breakfast Melanies downtown is the best, Black Cat burritos and Our Daily Bread sandwiches are the best places to get lunch IMO, although I have heard great things about Vidalia but never eaten there.

I can't believe I forgot ODB and Boone Drug Company. They are great for lunch before the game if you aren't tailgating.

The Jamaican Turkey Sandwich is the best sandwich I have ever had. Period.

Black Cat is good, but overpriced for just decent Burritos.

BarefootApp
October 28th, 2008, 07:02 PM
BUT the "funnest thing" is sitting in those stands with a gazillion other FCS folks watching the Apps bring home another victory! Enjoy.

bobbythekidd
October 28th, 2008, 07:06 PM
So what's fun to do in Boone?
I can't remember her name. Sorry.

Appstate29
October 28th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I can't believe I forgot ODB and Boone Drug Company. They are great for lunch before the game if you aren't tailgating.

The Jamaican Turkey Sandwich is the best sandwich I have ever had. Period.

Black Cat is good, but overpriced for just decent Burritos.

We must have a lot in common, because I order that everytime I go, I know a few of the waitstaff and they don't even ask me anymore haha. Boone Drug is good. Lunch special is a good deal.
As per Black Cat, "Don't Be A Jerk" with chicken is my favorite burrito. Granted, they don't make'em like they used to. Also, for those there in the morning, there is a donut shop besides Capones Pizza, heard good things.

Appstate29
October 28th, 2008, 07:30 PM

Must have been one of those goats on that farm over near Deep Gap Road (I think its Deep Gap road, can't remember, back road shortcut to 421 from 105 through highlands, passes the jail). Happens once every two years when Gawga Suthern comes to town, several goats and a few pigs get the business...;)

AppIAA
October 28th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I know Geno's on 105 is having a halloween party that is being advertised as the "biggest party boone has seen"

Not sure how they plan on doing that with the game not getting over until close to midnight, but thats what they say

AppStateold299
October 28th, 2008, 07:57 PM
You can not get the Boone experience without going to Murphy's. It is a staple in Boone. Many great nights spent at the Dirty Murphy. If you go there say hello to Kelly...she is the bar tender. Tip her well because she just had a baby. She is one of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Eaglesrus
October 28th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Must have been one of those goats on that farm over near Deep Gap Road (I think its Deep Gap road, can't remember, back road shortcut to 421 from 105 through highlands, passes the jail). Happens once every two years when Gawga Suthern comes to town, several goats and a few pigs get the business...;)

Nah, we know that y'all save that for when y'all are celebrating a victory over us up there on the rock and that hasn't happened in more than two years.

Skjellyfetti
October 28th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Also, football games are a pretty big deal up here. There's a big one this weekend. xeekx

Lulu
October 28th, 2008, 08:31 PM

Bobby, you hurt my feelings... you can't remember my name??? xbawlingx xsmiley_wix

Genos and Macados used to be the meat markets way back when. Don't know about now. But love Macados sandwiches.

Too bad Sollecitos isn't around... GAS used to be a bouncer there. He would always let in hot underage chicks and stamp them 21... :p xeekx xlolx

BeauFoster
October 28th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Macado's always has a big costume party - normally you have to get there EARLY. I have no idea how this year will be, with the game and all. I'd say there will be a mass exodus if either team is up by more than 2 scores going into the 4th quarter. Students will be itchin' to get (even more) hammered.

SideLine Shooter
October 28th, 2008, 10:06 PM

Probably one of those goats at Meat Camp.

siuham
October 28th, 2008, 10:17 PM
*pokes head in*

Yer sister

*leaves quickly*

FCS Go!
October 28th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Whenever I'm in Boone I always get really drunk. I'd start with that and see where it takes you.

There is this great little country store over in Todd (I think) that sells yummy ham biscuits- that's breakfast. They have a woodstove complete with chew spitting old timers and everything!

There are some nice outdoors opportunities around the area. Hiking, fishing that sort of thing. I don't remember much about the town itself.

SoCon48
October 28th, 2008, 10:26 PM

I swear that looks like ther girl I saw in Statesboro the other weekend wearing a GSU class ring.!!!

FCS Go!
October 28th, 2008, 11:06 PM
I swear that looks like ther girl I saw in Statesboro the other weekend wearing a GSU class ring.!!!

Thats not a girl SoCon48. Thats a goat!

The Cats
October 29th, 2008, 06:34 AM
In case I want to come up

There's a Burger King.....xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

http://outhouserag.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/redneck_1.jpg

appfan2008
October 29th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Also, football games are a pretty big deal up here. There's a big one this weekend. xeekx

unfortunately i hear there are a lot of tickets still available for said event

ASUG8
October 29th, 2008, 08:25 AM
There's a Burger King.....xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

http://outhouserag.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/redneck_1.jpg

Better than dining at the outhouse in Dullowhee.....

xrolleyesx

elon77
October 29th, 2008, 08:27 AM

I think it's kind of sad that you keep showing those two ASU women kissing. What is this country coming to.xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

ASUMountaineer
October 29th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Whenever I'm in Boone I always get really drunk. I'd start with that and see where it takes you.

There is this great little country store over in Todd (I think) that sells yummy ham biscuits- that's breakfast. They have a woodstove complete with chew spitting old timers and everything!

There are some nice outdoors opportunities around the area. Hiking, fishing that sort of thing. I don't remember much about the town itself.

Todd General Store. It's a great place and on Friday nights they have the locals come in and play bluegrass. It's a lot of fun. Todd's a nice little community. Some friends of ours have a second home there.

SideLine Shooter
October 29th, 2008, 08:30 AM
I think it's kind of sad that you keep showing those two ASU women kissing. What is this country coming to.xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Yea, I have a good idea what really goes on in Burlington. Just look at those Elon girls. Uhh. That's a scary thought. They don't have to dress for Halloween though.xlolx xlolx xlolx

SideLine Shooter
October 29th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Better than dining at the outhouse in Dullowhee.....

xrolleyesx

Why do they keep posting this photo of the gsu homecoming queen?

The Cats
October 29th, 2008, 08:35 AM

yep, just like homecoming...... Presenting the 2008 asu Homecoming King and Queen....

http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/3/12uggies.jpg

appmaj
October 29th, 2008, 08:36 AM
My vote is library...great bar easy to walk to. During warmer day games always Klondike.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 29th, 2008, 08:42 AM
There is plenty to do in Boone!

Yardwork.
http://www.breakitdownblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/fat_redneck.jpg

Hang out on porches and shoot the breeze.

http://www.dba-oracle.com/images/redneck_mentor.jpg

Call an old friend
http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/gallery/data/500/1440toilet_redneck.jpg

Watch the big race.
http://www.newaudiosociety.com/profiles/redneck_race_fan.jpg

and of course... go hunting!
http://physicsgeek.mu.nu/archives/redneck%20hunting%20trip.jpg

ASUG8
October 29th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Not as much fun as Statesboro, however.

http://www.statesboroherald.com/news/section/11/

xlolx

Seven Would Be Nice
October 29th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Not as much fun as Statesboro, however.

http://www.statesboroherald.com/news/section/11/

xlolx

Wow you put our crime reports up there.. I'm sure Boone doesn't have one of those...xcoffeex

Woof
October 29th, 2008, 09:33 AM
And don't forget to check out the state of the art maritime vessels at the ASU Yacht Club xthumbsupx :

Eight Legger
October 29th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Pretty funny thread. For an impartial opinion, I would recommend the Library. A bunch of us UR guys hung out for awhile there before the playoff game in December and enjoyed ogling waitresses (tastefully, of course). It was a good place, and I am glad that the rumors of its demise I had heard are incorrect!

Seven Would Be Nice
October 29th, 2008, 09:38 AM
http://www.theoutdoorquest.com/images/Redneck_Deer_Blind.JPG

Hunting season is a go!

appfan2008
October 29th, 2008, 09:48 AM
And don't forget to check out the state of the art maritime vessels at the ASU Yacht Club xthumbsupx :

no lakes nearby... xcoffeex

ASUG8
October 29th, 2008, 09:53 AM

Woof recognized an "A" followed by some other unrecognizable letters and assumed it was App when it was actually Alabama.xnodx

AppSt.09
October 29th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Pretty funny thread. For an impartial opinion, I would recommend the Library. A bunch of us UR guys hung out for awhile there before the playoff game in December and enjoyed ogling waitresses (tastefully, of course). It was a good place, and I am glad that the rumors of its demise I had heard are incorrect!

It did shut down from January to August/September but recently opened back up

UNH SUPERFAN
October 29th, 2008, 10:34 AM
That looks like a Friday night in Statesboro!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

neersnbeers
October 29th, 2008, 10:50 AM
http://www.theoutdoorquest.com/images/Redneck_Deer_Blind.JPG

Hunting season is a go!

Got a problem with hunting there city boy?

SunCoastBlueHen
October 29th, 2008, 10:53 AM

Every time I see that picture I think that is an ingenious idea. I'm gonna have to build me one of them. xthumbsupx

Appstate29
October 29th, 2008, 11:03 AM

Price lake, trout lake, bass lake, watauga lake....?????

elon77
October 29th, 2008, 11:07 AM

Don't forget about

ricky Lake :D

appfan2008
October 29th, 2008, 11:09 AM

watauga lake not near by...

price lake works but that is 20 min. away...

i got engaged at bass lake and know all about it... but that is blowing rocks...

the only thing we have is duck pond and lets not go there...

Seven Would Be Nice
October 29th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Got a problem with hunting there city boy?

Hunting?
No.

Home made deer stands made out of old rusted truck cabs?
Yes.

AppAlum
October 29th, 2008, 11:46 AM
After five visits to Flipside, I finally caught them in restaurant mode last Friday. On my other visits, they've either not been open (at times a restaurant should be open), or not been serving food.

My buddy Lucas is an owner of that place, you're right they do operate weird hours. But have a kick arss pizza. I miss the old days with Rafters, that place had it all.

neersnbeers
October 29th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Hunting?
No.

Yes.

Doesnt matter how the meat gets into the freezer. Just as long as it gets there.xsmiley_wix

FCS Go!
October 29th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Hunting?
No.

Yes.

Surely you'd have to agree that the one pictured has character. That should count for something in a stand. Hey, maybe the AC & heater still work in that thing!

Appaholic
October 29th, 2008, 01:04 PM

Dude, that's not our yacht....that's our waverunner.....THIS is our yacht...

Appaholic
October 29th, 2008, 01:06 PM
watauga lake not near by...

price lake works but that is 20 min. away...

i got engaged at bass lake and know all about it... but that is blowing rocks...

the only thing we have is duck pond and lets not go there...

You can still use the metal pond...

Appaholic
October 29th, 2008, 01:07 PM
...and don't miss our pre-game tailgate...

Eight Legger
October 29th, 2008, 01:31 PM
It did shut down from January to August/September but recently opened back up

Very nice...There are about 8 of us from UR who are anxious to do some more 'studying' whenever we return to Boone this postseason.

AshevilleApp2
October 29th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Bobby, you hurt my feelings... you can't remember my name??? xbawlingx xsmiley_wix

Genos and Macados used to be the meat markets way back when. Don't know about now. But love Macados sandwiches.

Too bad Sollecitos isn't around... GAS used to be a bouncer there. He would always let in hot underage chicks and stamp them 21... :p xeekx xlolx

xeekx I worked at Sollecito's for several years. Probably knew GAS.

blazrdog#1
October 29th, 2008, 01:52 PM
pickin a banjo,pickin their nose,going out with their cousins......xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Appaholic
October 29th, 2008, 02:12 PM
pickin a banjo,pickin their nose,going out with their cousins......xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

I wouldn't get to excited just yet, Blazr.....beating WCU and El Cid is not exactly virgin territory in the SoCon....xwhistlex

LCFan21
October 29th, 2008, 02:25 PM

Cousin Vicki: I'm going steady, and I French kiss.
Audrey Griswold: So? Everybody does that.
Cousin Vicki: Yeah, but daddy says I'm the best.

ERASU2113
October 29th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Nah, we know that y'all save that for when y'all are celebrating a victory over us up there on the rock and that hasn't happened in more than two years.

Seeing as the past 3 meetings have been 2 and Southern and 1 at App....it has been technical but it hasn't been a dominance if that's what you're trying to state.

ASUG8
October 29th, 2008, 03:58 PM

wow, never heard those before, Beavis.....xconfusedx

23 posts and already a red chiclet? You're making friends fast xeyebrowx

SoCon48
October 29th, 2008, 04:48 PM
In case I want to come up, is there a good bar? A good restaurant? As a matter of fact, why don't why throw a postgame party complete with halloween costumes, candy, booze and babes? We can all celebrate the greatness that is Wofford football together! xthumbsupx

Ummm: All the booze and food you want in the tailgate areas. But mainly there is a football game:

ASU vs WU!!!!!!!

SoCon48
October 29th, 2008, 04:50 PM
aka

Mountaineers vs the Ankle Biters!

SoCon48
October 29th, 2008, 04:52 PM
aka

Mountaineers

vs

Chihuahas!

ASU
October 29th, 2008, 05:26 PM
So what's fun to do in Boone?
Watch Wofford College fans leave with their heads down....again and again. It never gets old.

The Cats
October 29th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Girl watching......

http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/2/female-smoker.jpg

Rekdiver
October 30th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhh! The Western Carolina Homecoming Queen makes an appearance!

madisonfan87
October 30th, 2008, 01:12 PM
This has got to be the greatest thread ever! xlolx

Eaglesrus
October 30th, 2008, 03:25 PM

Seeing as the past 3 meetings have been 2 and Southern and 1 at App....it has been technical but it hasn't been a dominance if that's what you're trying to state.

What I was stating was that y'all only do the goats and pigs when you have beaten us in Boone, and that wouldn't be once every two years as Appstate29 stated since you haven't beaten us in Boone in more than two years. If I was trying to say anything about dominance it is a different kind than you are talking about.

proasu89
October 30th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhh! The Western Carolina Homecoming Queen makes an appearance!

Nah, Cats was just trying to drum up some interest in his sister. Her online profile wasn't getting any hitsxthumbsupx

ASU88
October 30th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Went to both Macadoo's (Schooner!) and Murphy's after the Furman game last weekend.

One note: If leaving Murphy's by the back entrance ... tread carefully. One of our group busted his ankle going down the steps. He was wasted, but so is everyone else.

csubuccaneers
October 30th, 2008, 07:34 PM
any strip club around boone?

ASUMountaineer
October 30th, 2008, 08:28 PM

Closest, I believe, would be Johnson City, TN unless there are some backwoods ones in Meat Camp or Spruce Pine I don't know about. :) They make it very difficult for Hooters to open up in Boone, let alone a strip club.

coover
October 30th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Yes, there are lots of beautiful, open-minded women.

Seven Would Be Nice might even have a chance to get laid...xthumbsupx

He likes the goat!

LCFan21
October 30th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Closest, I believe, would be Johnson City, TN unless there are some backwoods ones in Meat Camp or Spruce Pine I don't know about. :) They make it very difficult for Hooters to open up in Boone, let alone a strip club.

Come see the worlds largest sword fight

feb18blacksunday
October 30th, 2008, 09:10 PM

None. Hickory (45 miles south) has Emersons topless, Grey Tennesee has Mouse's Ear a totally nude place.

LCFan21
October 31st, 2008, 08:16 PM
Start drinking buddy! Abandon the football mind set right away and now go after some tail! Good luck.

ASU88
October 31st, 2008, 08:24 PM
Watching the first half of this game was pretty fun.

Wish I was there!

LCFan21
October 31st, 2008, 10:11 PM
11/1 - 8AM

1. Check lights on scoreboard
2. Clean up behind the wood shed

70!

PantherRob82
October 31st, 2008, 10:21 PM
What's fun? Not going to the game I guess. Ouch.

appstate1998
November 13th, 2008, 09:44 AM
You can not get the Boone experience without going to Murphy's. It is a staple in Boone. Many great nights spent at the Dirty Murphy. If you go there say hello to Kelly...she is the bar tender. Tip her well because she just had a baby. She is one of the nicest people you will ever meet.

I lived in an apartment off Queens Street behind the courthouse for a couple years...I spend many a nights at Murphys and Ms. Kelly was always a hoot

SideLine Shooter
November 13th, 2008, 10:53 AM
You can always go to the Bookstore and load up on great App St gear!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xnodx

elon77
November 13th, 2008, 03:47 PM

Who would want to watch a bunch of Hillbilly's take of their overalls.xlolx

mcveyrl
November 13th, 2008, 03:49 PM
None. Hickory (45 miles south) has Emersons topless, Grey Tennesee has Mouse's Ear a totally nude place.

I just saw this on here. Do not go to the "Gray Ballet"!! If you travel from Boone to Gray for that, you will be disappointed.

Buy some porn and go back to your hotel.

ASUG8
November 13th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Who would want to watch a bunch of Hillbilly's take of their overalls.xlolx

You could always roll down to Dockside dolls near Burlington - classy place - formerly a Western Steer and not a body of water near it.

Is that place still open? Never went there, just saw the signs and the building from I40.

appmaj
November 13th, 2008, 04:51 PM
You could always roll down to Dockside dolls near Burlington - classy place - formerly a Western Steer and not a body of water near it.

Is that place still open? Never went there, just saw the signs and the building from I40.

It is a church now

elonpuckhog
November 13th, 2008, 05:37 PM
No, it turned into a car dealership, but haven't seen any inventory out there for months. The church is next door.

AppStateold299
November 13th, 2008, 06:33 PM
I lived in an apartment off Queens Street behind the courthouse for a couple years...I spend many a nights at Murphys and Ms. Kelly was always a hoot

Nothing was better than getting drunk and playing some good ole shuffle board at Murphy's. Kelly & Bear are the best bartenders you could ever ask for at any bar.

smcwildcat
November 13th, 2008, 06:56 PM
last time someone started this thread their team got killed...

appstate1998
November 13th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Nothing was better than getting drunk and playing some good ole shuffle board at Murphy's. Kelly & Bear are the best bartenders you could ever ask for at any bar.

and never had to worry about a DWI because it was only 1 block from my apartment....shuffle board was the best.

proasu89
November 13th, 2008, 08:25 PM
last time someone started this thread their team got killed...

Good point wildcat. The most important thing to do Saturday will be to keep warm. With the right person that can be Very Fun!