PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Matthews to be on Van Pelt show between 3-4pm EST

bodoyle
October 28th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Just heard on ESPNRADIO

smcwildcat
October 28th, 2008, 01:26 PM
today?...great I get to hear him talk about himself somemore...do you have the link?

mcveyrl
October 28th, 2008, 01:31 PM
today?...great I get to hear him talk about himself somemore...do you have the link?

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

espnradio.com

Click on Listen Live.

I would expect FCS fans to be happy that the division's getting exposure, but that would require getting over the MM-hate syndrome.

EDIT: Just heard VanPelt say that JMU was the only school that turned him down.... xlolx

smcwildcat
October 28th, 2008, 02:31 PM
ok this is actually really cool....ive sent in emails but nothing yet...

mcveyrl
October 28th, 2008, 02:36 PM
xlolx

VanPelt just bashed the spread right before Mickey's coming on...

smcwildcat
October 28th, 2008, 02:39 PM
haha i know what will mickey say?... something smart or dumb...prolly along the lines of app state is the team to beat and we have gotten lucky etc..

bandl
October 28th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Cue the haters in 5, 4, 3, 2.... xrolleyesx

smcwildcat
October 28th, 2008, 02:41 PM
this stinks...I have class at 4

Rob Iola
October 28th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Cue the haters in 5, 4, 3, 2.... xrolleyesx
Mickey's just there for the "green room" buffet - hopefully he remembers to make it into the studio for the interview...

:D

Attn Mr. Mod - this isn't smack, Mickey Matthews is a great coach, I luv JMU, and I just wanted to bring closure to bandl's open hater invitation!

bandl
October 28th, 2008, 02:46 PM
MM just mentioned Atlantic City.

Does this offend anyone? I'm sure there's SOMEONE out there who this offends...speak up!!! xrulesx

mcveyrl
October 28th, 2008, 02:47 PM
MM just mentioned Atlantic City.

Does this offend anyone? I'm sure there's SOMEONE out there who this offends...speak up!!! xrulesx

He's the devil.

mcveyrl
October 28th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Mickey's hyping the level of play in our subdivision.

bandl
October 28th, 2008, 02:48 PM
He just mentioned:

Joe Flacco
Brian Westbrook
Kurt Warner

What an a$$! xcoolx

NYJMUSupporter
October 28th, 2008, 02:49 PM
He is doing a great job of promoting FCS football. Van Pelt is also really building up FCS. Anyone who complains about this interview is nuts!

grizband
October 28th, 2008, 02:51 PM
He is doing a great job of promoting FCS football. Van Pelt is also really building up FCS. Anyone who complains about this interview is nuts!
It was funny to here Van Pelt's comment about being glad they still call our level "I-AA" football, that he just can't get used to FCS, or whatever we're called now.

danefan
October 28th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Great interview for FCS.

"I catch it on Youtube and I'm calling down to the highlight guys to get this stuff on Sportscenter."

He really just hyped FCS...too bad the other guys at ESPN don't get on board.

Cranium716
October 28th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Great interview! Not just because MM hyped up the unseen talent in I-AA, but also because VanPelt clearly would like to see more I-AA on SC and on TV in general.

danefan
October 28th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I'm about to pop off an email to Van Pelt telling him what a great interview it was!

NYJMUSupporter
October 28th, 2008, 02:53 PM
It is great that a major anchor at ESPN is banging the drum for FCS football. The more great plays that happen in FCS games, the more likely ESPN will pick up more games! This is great for JMU and the FCS

mcveyrl
October 28th, 2008, 02:54 PM
The hour's not over, but it would be nice for VanPelt to hype the Friday night game on ESPN2.

danefan
October 28th, 2008, 02:57 PM
The hour's not over, but it would be nice for VanPelt to hype the Friday night game on ESPN2.

I put that in the Email for him to look out for the Friday night game. Maybe he'll touch on it later in the week too.

mcveyrl
October 28th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I put that in the Email for him to look out for the Friday night game. Maybe he'll touch on it later in the week too.

Would be nice if he could get Ayers or Moore, or both on, but that's probably asking too much.

NYJMUSupporter
October 28th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Everyone on hear should send him a quick email thanking him for the interview. If he gets a ton of email from FCS fans, he is likely to cover more of the games.

mcveyrl
October 28th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Everyone on hear should send him a quick email thanking him for the interview. If he gets a ton of email from FCS fans, he is likely to cover more of the games.

I already sent one. But that's a great idea.

EmeryZach
October 28th, 2008, 03:46 PM
What is the email address?

mcveyrl
October 28th, 2008, 03:49 PM

I just went through the ESPN radio webpage...

Cranium716
October 28th, 2008, 03:49 PM

[email protected]

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 28th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Solid interview. Great press for all FCS football, unless you throw up a little in your mouth anytime you hear the term "I-AA" used, which I do not.

Sent in my Thank You note as well.

Dukie95
October 28th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Link to the Interview, if you missed it, like I did...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=scottvanpeltshow#

Near the top under "Show in Review"

bodoyle
October 28th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Also if you missed it, it is on espnradio1000.com at midnight est

Uncle Buck
October 29th, 2008, 03:00 PM
He always gives props to 1AA, Van Pelt is a big supporter and has mentioned 1AA in other rants.

catamount man
October 29th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Just sent him a thank you email and pimped the WCU-ASU rivalry as well even going so far to inviting him down to Cullowhee on November 22. Could you imagine SVP doing an ESPN radio remote at the battle for the old mountain jug?! THAT WOULD ROCK!!!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!