PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Week - Week 10

89Hen
October 27th, 2008, 10:34 AM
HOLY COW, are you kidding me? This could be the worst week of I-AA games I have ever seen in my life. I just threw some dogs up there to fill in the 10 for fun. WTF?

89Hen
October 27th, 2008, 10:41 AM
BTW, I didn't miss the WC/App game... it's just that it's no contest. xsmiley_wix

CamelCityAppFan
October 27th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Ummm, not trying to be a homer, but I think you missed one...check out ESPN2 Friday night...

james_lawfirm
October 27th, 2008, 10:43 AM
BTW, I didn't miss the WC/App game... it's just that it's no contest. xsmiley_wix

I presume you are not serious. The winkey-thing was a clue.

mcveyrl
October 27th, 2008, 10:45 AM

I think he is serious. In other weeks, even when there was an obvious choice (JMU-App) there was at least an argument for another game.

There's no conceivable argument that any game in the country is bigger than ASU-Wofford. That would be the case if it were on SportsSouth, but the fact that it's on the Deuce makes it that much more so.

89Hen
October 27th, 2008, 10:46 AM
No contest as to which game is the game of the week. I think the game itself is going to be a doosie. But, in all honesty, this is the worst overall week we've had in I-AA for many moons.

brownbear
October 27th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Brown-Penn?

Only two undefeated teams in the ivy league face off this weekend in Philly.

mcveyrl
October 27th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Brown-Penn?

I used to have a brown pen, but it never looked very good when I wrote with it...

The brown highlighter I had was just disgusting...

89Hen
October 27th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Brown-Penn?

Four losses between them = xcoffeex

siuham
October 27th, 2008, 10:50 AM
UNI/WIU and NAU/Montana will be good. Not to mention Wofford/App

wkuhillhound
October 27th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Among the listed choice I picked the UNI/WIU game.

appfan2008
October 27th, 2008, 10:55 AM
i dont care if you are trying to be funny or whatever but the poll is worthless unless you include the actual game of the week... with the ones listed it is uni wiu

89Hen
October 27th, 2008, 11:09 AM
i dont care if you are trying to be funny or whatever but the poll is worthless unless you include the actual game of the week... with the ones listed it is uni wiu
It's worthless if you put that game in. We don't need a poll to tell us which is the GOW this week. Besides, this is my poll and as I've said from week one of last year... if you don't like it, do your own. :p

appstate38
October 27th, 2008, 11:26 AM
I voted for the NAU-Griz game.... Because how often does the BSC get to have to Game of the Week!xsmiley_wix

appst97
October 27th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I voted Davidson, Go Stephan Curry

Dane96
October 27th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Honestly, if you like old school smash-mouth football...Albany vs. Monmouth is going to be a doozy; Both teams like to bring it.

grizband
October 27th, 2008, 11:41 AM
I voted NAU/Montana, without noticing the absence of Wofford/App this Friday night. Halloween night, ESPN 2, both teams undefeated in conference - this should clearly have the spot as GotW.

Silenoz
October 27th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Northern Iowa vs Western Illinois

MaximumBobcat
October 27th, 2008, 11:45 AM
The Northwestern State/Texas State game this week will most probably determine the winner of the autobid from the Southland Conference, so it's pretty important.

bandl
October 27th, 2008, 11:46 AM
If we changed the name of the thread to 'Cupcake of the Week', we could include Towson :)

89Hen
October 27th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Halloween night, ESPN 2, both teams undefeated in conference - this should clearly have the spot as GotW.
It does. xpeacex

alexale23
October 27th, 2008, 11:59 AM
The northern Arizona Montana game is a playoff game. The loser will be sitting at home

art vandelay
October 27th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I used to have a brown pen, but it never looked very good when I wrote with it...

The brown highlighter I had was just disgusting...

HAHAHA
Zing!
xlolx xlolx xlolx

DetroitFlyer
October 27th, 2008, 12:12 PM
OK, the entire PFL slate is a bit silly, but.... Jacksonville at Butler and Dayton at San Diego both promise to be potentially great FCS games this coming weekend. Currently in the PFL:

Dayton 4-0
Butler 4-0
San Diego 4-1
Jacksonville 3-1

This coming weekend will go a long way to determining the PFL champion. For those who missed it, JU defeated USD in Jacksonville on Saturday with a last second, 50 yard field goal, 30-29. Butler.... You remember Butler, typically one of the worst teams in all of FCS.... Well, they have had some excellent recruiting classes the last two years and things are starting to come together. Dayton has an embarassing OOC loss to Duquesne on its record, but the last two weeks, Rob Florian has played MUCH better at QB. UD seems to be peaking at about the right time. USD suffered three, (yes three), broken legs to starters at JU. Tough break(s) for USD, but they have enough depth that they will be there to the end.

If you are truly a fan of the game, there are no better match ups this coming weekend the two PFL games I described above.

I guess I'll have to keep an eye on the Albany/Monmouth game so that I will know which NEC team will be playing, ( and losing to), the second place team in the PFL for the Gridiron Classic. (Yes, I see the PFL champion receiving an at large bid this year).

whoanellie
October 27th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Soup Bowl !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Davidson SoCon don't wanna-be
Vs the clan of the no soup for you!!!!

bandl
October 27th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Soup Bowl !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this a spammer? Seriously, WTF does this mean? xconfusedx

dgreco
October 27th, 2008, 12:42 PM
MU @ UA

mcveyrl
October 27th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Soup Bowl !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this a spammer? Seriously, WTF does this mean? xconfusedx

I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with Davidson (I fail to find a Soup connection) against Campbell (overworked soup connection)...

bobbythekidd
October 27th, 2008, 01:09 PM
I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with Davidson (I fail to find a Soup connection) against Campbell (overworked soup connection)...
He called Davidson "Socon don't want to be". They are Socon for all other sports, just not football.

SeattleGriz
October 27th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Game of the week for me. I finally get to go to the local bar to watch it instead of over the internet!

Although UNI and WIU is going to shed some much needed light on the MVC.

mcveyrl
October 27th, 2008, 01:14 PM
He called Davidson "Socon don't want to be". They are Socon for all other sports, just not football.

I caught that, but what's it have to do with Soup???

Rekdiver
October 27th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Not much to choose from. What happended to Wofford vs. App?

#2 and #3?

bobbythekidd
October 27th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I caught that, but what's it have to do with Soup???
The soup bowl part???

I guess it leans on the Campbell part too much. I can't think of a Davidson Soup reference.

mcveyrl
October 27th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Not much to choose from. What happended to Wofford vs. App?

#2 and #3?

Everybody thought it was a HS game since it was on Friday...our bad.:p xsmiley_wix

Seven Would Be Nice
October 27th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Maybe this is for second place since the obvious GOTW is App and Wofford?

CrunchGriz
October 27th, 2008, 02:20 PM
The northern Arizona Montana game is a playoff game. The loser will be sitting at home

Only if NAU loses--If the Griz lose and then win out, they'll finish 10-2.

There is no way a 10-2 UM is sitting at home on Thanksgiving weekend. Playing at home? Sure. Sitting? Nope.

In other words, some East Coast teams should be one-day Griz fans rooting for the Griz to knock NAU out of the playoff picture this Saturday.

Go...gate
October 27th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Colgate - Lafayette.

Bogus Megapardus
October 27th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Brown-Penn?

I was looking for this game as well.

I see Brown taking it, yet Harvard will remain in the top 25. That's not a slight against the Crimson - I watched them play a few weeks ago and they're very good. I just think there should be a little more room for the Bears in the polls.

Colgate - Lafayette.

I am officially making the drive up to Hamilton for this one.

For the Pards, it looks like Romans and Morrow are "doubtful."

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 27th, 2008, 04:37 PM
If not App.-Wofford, it's gotta be NAU and UM.

KiddBrewer
October 27th, 2008, 06:26 PM
It's worthless if you put that game in. We don't need a poll to tell us which is the GOW this week. Besides, this is my poll and as I've said from week one of last year... if you don't like it, do your own. :p

ha, so why do we need a thread/poll titled "game of the week - week 10", if we dont need a poll to tell us which is the game of the week, week 10?

disclaimer: taken from "deep thoughts with jack handy"xthumbsupx xrotatehx

redbirdtim
October 27th, 2008, 08:04 PM
UNI vs WIU.

blackfordpu
October 27th, 2008, 09:38 PM
No Battle of the Piney Woods?

AsuBucETSU34
October 27th, 2008, 11:08 PM
ASU WOFFORD!!!! how cant you put the top teams in the fcs in thier!! lol wow

Ivytalk
October 28th, 2008, 05:27 AM
No love for Brown-Penn?xconfusedx

I voted for UNI-WIU.

NeckPride08
October 28th, 2008, 05:12 PM
UNI - WIU

woffordgrad94
October 28th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Gotta love that Davidson-Campbell matchup. I'm sure the joint will be rocking.

woffordgrad94
October 28th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I think the poster of this poll knew that if he put Wofford-ASU on it, it would get like 95% of the vote. That's why he said it was "no contest" and why he chose not to include it. To me, that was a bad choice as it weakens the poll, buy hey, it's his poll!