PDA

View Full Version : Hearts & Prayers Go Out to UCA...

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2008, 12:23 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081027/ap_on_re_us/campus_shooting

CONWAY, Ark. – A shooting on the campus of the University of Central Arkansas left one person dead and two people wounded.

University of Central Arkansas police said Sunday night the campus was locked down and that classes would be canceled on Monday.

Little Rock television station KLRT reports that campus police say one person was killed and two wounded in the shooting just before 10 p.m. near Arkansas Hall.

The UCA Web site says one suspect is in custody and that three more people are being sought.

xbawlingx :(

dbackjon
October 27th, 2008, 12:27 AM
that sucks. and ditto what LFN said

LeopardFan04
October 27th, 2008, 12:28 AM
xsmhx xbawlingx

ToTheLeft
October 27th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Prayers for those affected. :(

TexasTerror
October 27th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Did not hear this until the TODAY show opened with it. There's a thread on UCAFans with some updates from the Bears fanbase that was updated throughout the night...

Thoughts with our SLC bretheren in Conway...

http://www.ucafans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3643

appfan2008
October 27th, 2008, 07:25 AM
sad :(

Weems
October 27th, 2008, 07:25 AM
saw it last night b4 i went to bed. Prays to everyone involved over at UCA. I was there last year, very nice campus, and a terriblething

Dane96
October 27th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Prayers with all in the UCA community.

WTF is wrong with people these days?!?!

JoshUCA
October 27th, 2008, 07:43 AM

My thoughts exactly! Sad, Sad day....

darell1976
October 27th, 2008, 07:46 AM
My heart and prayers go out to the school and its fans. Its a shame.xbawlingx

WrenFGun
October 27th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Awful. My thoughts go out.

buckp
October 27th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Man that's in our (SLC) backyard! xeekx

Prayers to the Bears fans and especially to the families involved....

MSUBear42
October 27th, 2008, 08:41 AM
From one Bear to another, thoughts and prayers to everyone at UCA.

BisonBabe
October 27th, 2008, 08:48 AM
My heart goes out to everyone at UCA that is directly or indirectly affected by this trajic event.

terrierbob
October 27th, 2008, 08:58 AM
God bless them and their families.

UCABEARS75
October 27th, 2008, 09:44 AM
After this and other incidents like it (Va. Tech, etc.) it really is hard to imagine what is going through peoples minds.

As a UCA alum and fan, thank you all for your warm thoughts and prayers. I know the friends and families of these young people who were killed need them right now.

wkuhillhound
October 27th, 2008, 10:57 AM
After this and other incidents like it (Va. Tech, etc.) it really is hard to imagine what is going through peoples minds.

As a UCA alum and fan, thank you all for your warm thoughts and prayers. I know the friends and families of these young people who were killed need them right now.

On behalf of Western Kentucky University AGS posters our deepest prayers and sympathies with the University of Central Arkansas students, alumni, and everyone involved with the university. :(

I can definitely feel your pain. WKU just had a scare and thankful that it was only a scare.

slostang
October 27th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Thoughts and prayers for the families of those involved. Just makes you shake your head.

Go...gate
October 27th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Prayers with all in the UCA community.

Ditto....xnonono2x

GeauxLions94
October 27th, 2008, 12:15 PM
My thoughts exactly! Sad, Sad day....

Ditto that here. Was just up there for the game on Saturday and loved the atmosphere (without a doubt, the best looking campus in the Southland). Saw the upgrades to the baseball stadium and that will be a nice facility when it's finished.

Prayers to all in Bearland.

TheValleyRaider
October 27th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Very sad :( :( xsmhx xsmhx xprayx xprayx

slycat
October 27th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Thoughts and prayers to our SLC brothers and sisters.

Seawolf97
October 27th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Another senseless act of violence! My prayers to the UCA community.

georgiaeagle
October 27th, 2008, 07:10 PM
As a Va Tech grad I can relate to how this impacts everybody associated with UCA, both past and present. We're all Bears this week. The Hokie Nation and Morehead Eagle Country are both with you.

BEAR
October 27th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I just got off work and heard this for the first tiime just after 6 p.m. today.

Killed in this senseless act- 18-year-old Ryan Henderson and 19-year-old and Chavares Block, both students.

Apparently killed by 4 non-students who were on campus.

It's an open campus and very secure with police making rounds constantly. UCA even has an assault type vehicle for the SWAT team. Plus Student Services has services to help students in any way they need it! But all the security and aid doesn't apply to outsiders who come to campus with guns.

A message to the thugs that did this...you will be caught. xmadx xmadx

Sorry...I'm a little more than pissed right now. My emotions are going from deep sadness to pure anger. You think this kind of thing happens to other schools that you see on the news(not that I want this to happen anywhere), never your alma mater, never your own home. :( :( :( :(

JALMOND
October 27th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Very sad. All talk should be on the successful campaign of the football team, and not on some senseless tragedy. All thoughts and concerns go out from the Pacific NW to the Central Arkansas campus and community. Very unfortunate, but something that does put things in perspective...