PDA

View Full Version : Most Dangerous team lurking #10-25 in the rankings?

KAUMASS
October 26th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Who is the most dangerous team lurking in the top #10-25 rankings that may crash the playoffs and why?
(I could only do 10 in the poll)
Weber State
Elon
William and Mary
Western Illinois
Maine
UMass
Furman
Southern Illinois
Georgia Southern
UC Davis
Lafayette
McNeese State
Liberty
South Dakota State
Northern Arizona

Honorable mention(pending rankings)
UT Martin
Jacksonville State
E. Washington
Tennesee State
North Dakota State
Hampton
Samford

Notes: C. Arkansas not eligilbe for playoffs, Harvard does not participate in playoffs.

gbhmt
October 26th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Weber

Go...gate
October 26th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Lafayette.

ToTheLeft
October 26th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Liberty :)

introvertedGSUfan
October 26th, 2008, 06:25 PM
We definitely could be a dangerous team that's not in the limelight this season, but that's assuming our offense will never play those awful three quarters. When we're clicking, it's definitely something special though.

LehighFan11
October 26th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Georgia Southern if by some act of god they make the playoffs, but most likely Weber St.

introvertedGSUfan
October 26th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Georgia Southern if by some act of god they make the playoffs, but most likely Weber St.

You know, if we can somehow win out and finish 7-4 but not receive a playoff bid, I'll still be one happy senior.

KAUMASS
October 26th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Coin flip for Weber State and William & Mary for me. Distant 3rd for me is UMass. Limped to a 5-3 record, tough losses to JMU, Richmond and Texas Tech. In-cosistant all year on all 3 phases of the game, do they find thier stride the last 4 games and make a run? Potentially. Havn't bought tickets yet to Chatty this year like I did in 06' and '07. Probably couldn't buy them now anyhow..xeyebrowx

LehighFan11
October 26th, 2008, 06:43 PM
You know, if we can somehow win out and finish 7-4 but not receive a playoff bid, I'll still be one happy senior.

Yea too bad Citadel has fallen off the map. If GSU were to get in, I would feel for the CAA team that got that draw. GSU @ JMU? That would be a hot topic.

ekufbfan
October 26th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Who is the most dangerous team lurking in the top #10-25 rankings that may crash the playoffs and why?
Weber State
Elon
William and Mary
Western Illinois
Maine
UMass
Furman
Southern Illinois
Georgia Southern
UC Davis
Lafayette
McNeese State
Liberty
South Dakota State
Northern Arizona

UT Martin
Jacksonville State
E. Washington
Tennesee State
North Dakota State
Hampton
Samford

Notes: C. Arkansas not eligilbe for playoffs, Harvard does not participate in playoffs.

Interesting..EKU has already beat Jacksonville State, UTM has never, NEVER beat EKU...yet we aren't mentioned....EKU's loses are to FBS, UCinn and WKU, and to TSU...so while we are nothing to brag about we certainly, at this point are no worse than UTM and JSU! And Samford, check their record against EKU......

crusader11
October 26th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Great poll...W and M got my vote.

apaladin
October 26th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Furman could be dangerous if they can hold onto the ball. Held Armanti Edwards to 16 yds. rushing yesterday and held ASU to 319 yds.

FCS Go!
October 26th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Weber shouldn't even be an option in the poll. I'd take W&M if Weber was in the top 10 where they belong.

GolfingGriz
October 26th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Weber shouldn't even be an option in the poll. I'd take W&M if Weber was in the top 10 where they belong.

Exactly what I was thinking. They need to be given the respect they deserve.

skinny_uncle
October 26th, 2008, 07:33 PM
I guess my Dawgs are still flying under the radar.
xwhistlex

malibudude
October 26th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Davis

igo4uni
October 26th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I voted for SIU.

DSUrocks07
October 26th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Team not on there that should be. SC State. Solid team, Defense should keep them in any game. Coach Pugh needs to implement more of a downfield threat into his offense. xthumbsupx

R.A.
October 26th, 2008, 08:39 PM
South Carolina State by far...

Col Hogan
October 26th, 2008, 08:43 PM

Exactly...Weber should be Top 10...Bill & Mary is the most dangerous team lurking outside the Top 10 this year...

Big Dawg
October 26th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Weber State
Elon
William and Mary
Western Illinois
Maine
UMass
Furman
Southern Illinois
Georgia Southern
UC Davis
Lafayette
McNeese State
Liberty
South Dakota State
Northern Arizona

UT Martin
Jacksonville State
E. Washington
Tennesee State
North Dakota State
Hampton
Samford

Replace Hampton with South Carolina State.

SCSU 35 Hampton 13 Final

Houndawg
October 26th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I guess my Dawgs are still flying under the radar.
xwhistlex

Factor in a new coach and system, new QB, and iirc, a total of four seniors starting, and our accomplishments to date look pretty good.

MaximumBobcat
October 26th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Texas FREAKING State!!!!

Not only CRASH the playoffs, but get some W's too.

xhomerx xhomerx xhomerx

CID1990
October 26th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Furple

RabidRabbit
October 26th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Western Ill is underrated and has major threats on offense, defense, and special teams. Two losses, Arkansas where they lead most of the game losing by 4(it wasn't much), and a two point loss at SDSU, when the Jacks were healthy (1st half at least).

If they knock off UNI in Macomb this upcoming weekend, they only need to win in SIU to probably finish 7-1 MVFC. Only a tie with SDSU with 1 loss would then keep them from the auto bid.

TXST_CAT
October 26th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Texas FREAKING State!!!!

xhomerx xhomerx xhomerx

xshhhx They don't see us coming it's all about UCA McNeese and SAM in the SLC. xwhistlex

dgreco
October 26th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Weber St. no questions

Weems
October 26th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Interesting..EKU has already beat Jacksonville State, UTM has never, NEVER beat EKU...yet we aren't mentioned....EKU's loses are to FBS, UCinn and WKU, and to TSU...so while we are nothing to brag about we certainly, at this point are no worse than UTM and JSU! And Samford, check their record against EKU......

Your worse than a Bama fan talking about Bear Bryant.

History is History. It's in the past. Looking forward to Nov 22:D

JayJ79
October 27th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Texas FREAKING State!!!!

xhomerx xhomerx xhomerx

Not if they decide to take a knee and play for overtime again. :p

Skjellyfetti
October 27th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Weber State... though they probably shouldn't be included.

Other than Weber I vote Georgia Southern.

aggiemba
October 27th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Aggies

JALMOND
October 27th, 2008, 01:06 AM
I chose Weber. Given the list and including Weber State, it is basically a no-brainer.

What I find interesting is that, in looking over some of these topics, it seems the west coast thinks Weber is a top 5 team, and the east coast thinks Weber is somewhere in the teens. Should be a very interesting poll this week.

KAUMASS
October 27th, 2008, 07:22 AM
I chose Weber. Given the list and including Weber State, it is basically a no-brainer.

What I find interesting is that, in looking over some of these topics, it seems the west coast thinks Weber is a top 5 team, and the east coast thinks Weber is somewhere in the teens. Should be a very interesting poll this week.

Weber's GPI should be around 8 this week. They were 9 last week in the GPI, #15 AGS, #16 SN, #17 in the coaches. They should move up a number of spots in each poll. FWIW, I have them just outside the top 10 in my AGS vote.

appfan2008
October 27th, 2008, 07:25 AM
I went with weber

Grizzaholic
October 27th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Weber St. I do not envy the team that has to play them in the first round.

HensRock
October 27th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Georgia Southern if they ever figure out that there are TWO halves to a FB game and come to play in the first.

(I also assumed that Weber State should not be an option. I have them in top 5!)

dbackjon
October 27th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Weber's GPI should be around 8 this week. They were 9 last week in the GPI, #15 AGS, #16 SN, #17 in the coaches. They should move up a number of spots in each poll. FWIW, I have them just outside the top 10 in my AGS vote.

I am just flabbergasted that anyone could think that they are not at least top ten material.

The only real explanation is lack of knowledge of western football.

CAAisBOSS
October 27th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Replace Hampton with South Carolina State.

SCSU 35 Hampton 13 Final

No MEAC team or Patriot team can be considered more dangerous than a CAA team.

WileECoyote06
October 27th, 2008, 09:10 AM

Maybe not, but there are other conferences in the land besides the CAA. xsmiley_wix

Seven Would Be Nice
October 27th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Maybe not, but there are other conferences in the land besides the CAA. xsmiley_wix

Not in the AGS world.

xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx

WileECoyote06
October 27th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Not in the AGS world.

xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx

My bad, I forgot the rules. . . let me catch up xreadx xcoffeex

Anovafan
October 27th, 2008, 10:32 AM
After the loss to JMU, I think Nova will fall into the 10-25 range. My vote just got changed.

mcveyrl
October 27th, 2008, 10:39 AM
After the loss to JMU, I think Nova will fall into the 10-25 range. My vote just got changed.

I think it will be an embarrassment to any poll that drops Nova out of the Top 10, but I'm afraid that you're right.

KAUMASS
October 27th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I kept Villanova in my top 10. I can't justify knocking them down more than a few spots when you lose to the #1 team in the country on a hail mary. If Villanova falls in the polls beyond #10, then they are the most dangerous team lurking....

KAUMASS
October 27th, 2008, 11:03 AM
I am just flabbergasted that anyone could think that they are not at least top ten material.

The only real explanation is lack of knowledge of western football.

Well, the whole country must not know anything about western football then. Weber will still only be ranked around #13-15 by SN and the Coaches and AGS this week. I have them 11th, and probably one of the highest voters outside the Big Sky. Texas State has been thrown in on this thread, they are #39 in the GPI last week. Outside of Weber, UCal-Davis, Northern Arizona, and possibly Sam Houston St-who else is out there...oh yeah, we don't know FCS western football. We must only be concerned about the CAA.

AZGrizFan
October 27th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Well, the whole country must not give a ***** about western football then.

Fixed it for you. ;)

dbackjon
October 27th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Well, the whole country must not know anything about western football then. Weber will still only be ranked around #13-15 by SN and the Coaches and AGS this week. I have them 11th, and probably one of the highest voters outside the Big Sky. Texas State has been thrown in on this thread, they are #39 in the GPI last week. Outside of Weber, UCal-Davis, Northern Arizona, and possibly Sam Houston St-who else is out there...oh yeah, we don't know FCS western football. We must only be concerned about the CAA.

And that is the point. Weber is as good as any team in the Socon or CAA. But they still get little respect.

Pard94
October 27th, 2008, 11:13 AM

THAT'S your first post? Ask Nova what they think about Lehigh or Richmond what they think of Lafayette. I strongly suspect Liberty would have received a number of votes in this category had Lafayette not beat them by two scores two weeks ago.

KAUMASS
October 27th, 2008, 11:22 AM
And that is the point. Weber is as good as any team in the Socon or CAA. But they still get little respect.

That will change when Weber makes a run in the playoffs.

rcny46
October 27th, 2008, 11:30 AM

They still belong in the top 5 IMHO.

JDC325
October 27th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Considering Weber should be top ten I will not consider them GSU by far is the most dangerous based on games played and their results to this point. Outside of the uga game one play in each loss and we are a one loss team.

GATA
October 27th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I'm not gonna doubt that Weber State is legit this year. It seems like they might be similar to the Texas State team from '05 that made a deep playoff run.

They obviously have an awesome quarterback and a team full of very athletic transfers (according to what I hear).