PDA

View Full Version : Wofford scares me

ERASU2113
October 26th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I caught the tail-end of the Wofford/Elon game on TV yesterday and I was blown out of my mind. I knew Wofford was good and I know Elon is good but wow.

Can someone fill me in? Was it really as dominate of a performance as the score indicate or more of just some bad luck for Elon?

Guess it's kind of ironic that the team that scares me the most....plays in Boone on Halloween.

dungeonjoe
October 26th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I caught the tail-end of the Wofford/Elon game on TV yesterday and I was blown out of my mind. I knew Wofford was good and I know Elon is good but wow.

Can someone fill me in? Was it really as dominate of a performance as the score indicate or more of just some bad luck for Elon?

Guess it's kind of ironic that the team that scares me the most....plays in Boone on Halloween.

Wofford is not that good. Concentrate on the election instead ...treat the week as if it was a week off.

"These are not the droids you seek." Old Ben Kenobi

woffordgrad94
October 26th, 2008, 06:14 PM
It was a dominating performance from start to finish. I myself was surprised by it. It was not at all "bad luck"; we handed them their rear ends. If we can play the way we played at Elon on Friday, you will have good reason to be scared. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

woffordgrad94
October 26th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Wofford is not that good. Concentrate on the election instead ...treat the week as if it was a week off.

"These are not the droids you seek." Old Ben Kenobi

On second thought, go with this post! xthumbsupx

ASU88
October 26th, 2008, 06:18 PM
If Wofford is executing their offense well, I imagine we'll have a hard time stopping them. They will likely score some points. This is a scary game for App St. I don't think our defensive scheme matches up well to their offense.

App St's best opportunities to win this game: 1) The offense scores enough to win a shootout or 2) The defense doesn't give up big plays and makes Wofford drive the field, increasing the chances of turnovers.

woffordgrad94
October 26th, 2008, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE=ASU88;1174041] They will likely score some points.

Yes, we will. I don't think you'll hold us to 0.

Sorry, I know it's a smart-ass post, but I just couldn't resist.

HighRyder08
October 26th, 2008, 06:24 PM
I feel like our coaches know what they need to do to get the kids ready... We all know Wofford has a great offense and the players know it as well... I think its going to be a close game but not a blowout like many are saying

beauvighn
October 26th, 2008, 06:27 PM
If you believe Elon QB Scott Riddle...." They just beat the Crap out of us..That's all I have to say".

WOCO
October 26th, 2008, 07:31 PM

Maybe this will help to fill you in on the offense.

National Ranking
Rushing: 2nd
Total offense: 3rd
Scoring offense: 4th
Sacks allowed: 1st
Turnover Margin: 1st

The part that makes them different and so dangerous compared to last year is the fact that even though we don't pass very much, Wofford is number 2 in the nation in passing efficiency. That is what keeps the linebackers and dbs from crowding the line this year and running to the pitch. If you watched the elon game, you'll see that they are just standing there trying to figure out what is happening. Wofford is playing chess with the offense as opposed to checkers last year!!!

apppackdad
October 26th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Wofford should scare anybody. They are a well disciplined, efficient team.They do not beat themselves and they know who they are. Fortunately, we know who they are, who we are and where they have to come on Halloween.