PDA

View Full Version : The road to Boone

URMite
October 26th, 2008, 03:57 PM
If the winner of W&M/UR has 3 losses and makes the playoffs, what would it take for them not to play the 1st round at Boone? Maybe some of the OVC/MEAC contenders are closer?

Dukie95
October 26th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Is Hampton out of the MEAC picture?

appfan2008
October 26th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I wouldnt be surprised at all if we got the meac or ovc winner... i want nothing to do with the caa even though we beat them 3 times in the playoffs last year

millwoga1
October 26th, 2008, 04:29 PM
If the winner of W&M/UR has 3 losses and makes the playoffs, what would it take for them not to play the 1st round at Boone? Maybe some of the OVC/MEAC contenders are closer?

UR played at Wofford and at App (if I'm not mistaken) in playoffs last year so would be interesting to see where selection committee would place them. I'd be glad to see someone else shipped out west this year.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 26th, 2008, 04:37 PM
UR played at Wofford and at App (if I'm not mistaken) in playoffs last year so would be interesting to see where selection committee would place them. I'd be glad to see someone else shipped out west this year.

I would prefer to play neither of them in the first round, but if I had to pick one, I'd rather get a chance to pay back ASU than have Wofford get a chance to pay us back ... no matter the venue.

We could host Wofford, but there's no way we host ASU.

DSUrocks07
October 26th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Is Hampton out of the MEAC picture?

Pretty much. They'll need to win out and have SC State lose twice to get the auto. And the MEAC is not getting an at-large this year...maybe if the Pirates took down SIU when the had the chance. Too many teams with better resumes right now. Things could change but right now it doesn't look good.

URMite
October 26th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Pretty much. They'll need to win out and have SC State lose twice to get the auto. And the MEAC is not getting an at-large this year...maybe if the Pirates took down SIU when the had the chance. Too many teams with better resumes right now. Things could change but right now it doesn't look good.

So who is SCSU's closest competition for the MEAC crown?

So I could look west, how about Tenn ST., UTM or EKU?

DSUrocks07
October 26th, 2008, 06:15 PM
So who is SCSU's closest competition for the MEAC crown?

So I could look west, how about Tenn ST., UTM or EKU?

Morgan surprisingly. If they win out they'll be MEAC champs. FAMU needs two losses by SCSU also.

MEAC Standings:

South Carolina State 4-0 6-2
Hampton 4-1 5-2
Morgan State 3-1 5-3
Delaware State 3-2 3-4
Florida A&M 2-2 6-2
Bethune-Cookman 2-2 5-2
North Carolina A&T 1-4 3-6
Norfolk State 1-4 2-6
Howard 0-4 - 1-6

But things can change week to week, if we beat SC State next week, then we'll have the tie-breaker over FAMU and SCSU and then anything can happen. xthumbsupx

It'll probably be a OVC team to play at ASU in the first round.

beauvighn
October 26th, 2008, 06:36 PM
You don't have to worry about Wofford. If we do get in the field I'm sure the committee will send us back to Bum Freak Egypt to beat some other poor unsuspecting team.

PaladinFan
October 26th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Probably depends more on the SoCon. They won't pit conference schools against one another in the first round or really even the second.

Eight Legger
October 26th, 2008, 07:06 PM
If we win out, we should not be the team that is sent to Boone in the first round, considering we would probably be ranked 4 or 5 in the nation at that point. That said, I am happy to go back there whenever they send us, because I am confident we could win. Anyway, it's a little early for App to be handed a seed, considering it has two big games left in conference and could lose both.

Syntax Error
October 26th, 2008, 07:23 PM
what if App has three or four losses?

FCS Go!
October 26th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Probably depends more on the SoCon. They won't pit conference schools against one another in the first round or really even the second.

The Com won't hesitate to match up conf. opponents in the second round. First round match ups against OOC opponents are also a possibility though probably not for App St this year. If Cal Poly doesn't get a seed I expect to see them in Missoula for a first round game this year.

Like others have said I think a likely opponent is the OVC champ. Weber St would be another contender. MEAC teams seem like they have a closer team to play (SC State @ Wofford for ex.). A Southland team is a possibility too.

FCS Go!
October 26th, 2008, 07:28 PM
what if App has three or four losses?

See the Montana Rule. xsmiley_wix

SideLine Shooter
October 26th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Why are you worried about App. St.? They may not make the playoffs the way they are playing.

Syntax Error
October 26th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Why are you worried about App. St.? They may not make the playoffs the way they are playing.As long as App gets 7 D-I wins they will be in the playoffs.

Appaholic
October 26th, 2008, 07:38 PM
As long as App gets 7 D-I wins they will be in the playoffs.

Agree.....even with losing another two games, we could end up with a share of SoCon title or, at worst, 2nd place....we ended up with 2 conf losses last year....IMO, with 4 losses, we might get a home game due to attendence, but would be travelling until we upset someone....