3) Weber
4) ?

Tribe4SF
October 26th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I'll bite.

1) JMU
2) ASU
3) Weber St.
4) Villanova or Wofford (depending on how Wofford plays ASU)

jmu_duke07
October 26th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I don't think both Wofford and App St. will have a seed. The winner of the halloween game will have the #2 seed, the other will not be seeded.

Appstate29
October 26th, 2008, 04:31 PM
If the season ended today or with what we think the season is going to end like? because those are two different htings

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 26th, 2008, 04:32 PM
If UNI runs the table, they could get it. Otherwise, it should be the 2nd CAA or SoCon team.

millwoga1
October 26th, 2008, 04:41 PM
If the season ended today or with what we think the season is going to end like? because those are two different htings

Very true - I was speaking of end of season

Khan4Cats
October 26th, 2008, 04:45 PM
If UNI wins out, they will be 10-2. That should get them a seed, even if SIU wins out for the auto-bid.

Same thing for Montana. If they win out, they will be 11-1. I think they will get the seed over Weber State even if Weber gets the suto-bid.

I think the winner of Wofford/Appalachian State gets a top 2 seed (providing they don't stumble elsewhere).

JMU looks like they should get the top seed, again assuming no stumbles.

griz&beer
October 26th, 2008, 05:03 PM
If UNI wins out, they will be 10-2. That should get them a seed, even if SIU wins out for the auto-bid.

Same thing for Montana. If they win out, they will be 11-1. I think they will get the seed over Weber State even if Weber gets the suto-bid.

I think the winner of Wofford/Appalachian State gets a top 2 seed (providing they don't stumble elsewhere).

JMU looks like they should get the top seed, again assuming no stumbles.

Look this guy has it wright, xthumbsupx

stevdock
October 26th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Why would UNI get the seed over SIU?? If they both won out wouldn't they have the same record?? I thought the seeds were determined by the top 4 teams in the nation and my guess would SIU would win the tiebreaker wouldn't they??

Eight Legger
October 26th, 2008, 06:54 PM
We all know Montana will get seeded every year no matter what. JMU is a lock too. I don't think UNI will have done enough to deserve a seed even if it wins out, but it will probably get one anyway. Unless App loses two more games, it will probably get seeded too.

FCS Go!
October 26th, 2008, 07:12 PM
We all know Montana will get seeded every year no matter what. JMU is a lock too. I don't think UNI will have done enough to deserve a seed even if it wins out, but it will probably get one anyway. Unless App loses two more games, it will probably get seeded too.

xnonox Homegame yes, seed no.

If the Griz win out they probably get a seed. If Weber wins out too they may both get seeds. Right now I don't see the MVFC with a seed unless there is a big shake up at the top of one of the other Big Four (SoCon, CAA & Sky). Cal Poly can really mess things up by winning out (Wisconson incl.)- that would knock the second team out from one of the Big Four. Right now I think we're looking at JMU, SoCon champ, whoever wins out in Sky &/or a second team from SoCon, Sky or CAA (in that order).

santosballnewhampshire
October 26th, 2008, 07:47 PM
If UNH were to win out and go to 10-1, that would mean beating Hofstra, Villanova, Umass, and Maine, would the 'Cats get a seed?

skinny_uncle
October 26th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Why would UNI get the seed over SIU?? If they both won out wouldn't they have the same record?? I thought the seeds were determined by the top 4 teams in the nation and my guess would SIU would win the tiebreaker wouldn't they??

SIU would be 9-2 and UNI would be 10-2 although they would have identical conference records. SIU does have the tiebreaker over UNI for the autobid since they won head-to-head. UNI will have their hands full next week with a very good WIU team. I'll be impressed if they escape Macomb with a win.

GolfingGriz
October 26th, 2008, 07:52 PM
If Montana can win out they will be a seed.

blackpanther
October 26th, 2008, 07:55 PM
same reason UNI is ranked 4thish and SIU 13thish

rcny46
October 26th, 2008, 08:03 PM
If UNH were to win out and go to 10-1, that would mean beating Hofstra, Villanova, Umass, and Maine, would the 'Cats get a seed?

I don't expect that scenario to develop,but if they do surprise everyone and go 10-1,I would bet the farm that they would be seeded.

dungeonjoe
October 26th, 2008, 08:14 PM
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early for Wofford to even consider this stuff. We need focus not forecast at this early date.

McNeese75
October 26th, 2008, 09:34 PM
If Montana can win out they will be a seed.

Yep xnodx but Weber will never get a seed xsmhx

JmuSkinsfan
October 26th, 2008, 10:16 PM
1) JMU
2) ASU
3) Weber St.
4) Villanova

Also, I think if JMU beats UD and Towson but stumbles against W&M they will get the #3 seed with #1 ASU, #2 WSU, #4 Nova

jmu_duke07
October 26th, 2008, 10:23 PM
1) JMU
2) ASU
3) Weber St.
4) Villanova

Also, I think if JMU beats UD and Towson but stumbles against W&M they will get the #3 seed with #1 ASU, #2 WSU, #4 Nova

If we lose to W&M, then our record would be the same as that of '04... an FBS loss and a loss to W&M. However, I do not think W&M is as good this year as they were in '04, but they still scare me. :(

JmuSkinsfan
October 26th, 2008, 10:24 PM
If we lose to W&M, then our record would be the same as that of '04... an FBS loss and a loss to W&M. However, I do not think W&M is as good this year as they were in '04, but they still scare me. :(

Yes, but in 2004 we also hadn't beaten the #1, #3, #5 and #7 teams in the country. That should stand for something...

AZGrizFan
October 26th, 2008, 10:29 PM
1) JMU
2) ASU
3) Weber St.
4) Villanova

While I agree with you Skinsfan, I also think McNeese75 is right. In fact, if Motana wins out, THEY are in all likelihood the 3 seed, and not Weber. xeyebrowx

smcwildcat
October 26th, 2008, 10:49 PM
no way villanova gets a seed

TheValleyRaider
October 26th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Same thing for Montana. If they win out, they will be 11-1. I think they will get the seed over Weber State even if Weber gets the auto-bid.

While I agree with you Skinsfan, I also think McNeese75 is right. In fact, if Motana wins out, THEY are in all likelihood the 3 seed, and not Weber. xeyebrowx

Where exactly are you getting this "Weber cannot be seeded idea" from?

If the Wildcats win out, they're Big Sky Champs, unbeaten in one of the Top 3/4 conferences in the country, and have a win over Montana in head-to-head competition

What would make them unseed-worthy? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

Dukie95
October 26th, 2008, 11:09 PM

I would have to agree only because they're ranked too low today and have been underrated the entire season.

If they win out, they would have a FBS loss and a loss to JMU...why would they be any less qualified for a seed than ASU who could do the exact same thing?

Because ASU started the season ranked #1, and Nova was #21.

AZGrizFan
October 26th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Where exactly are you getting this "Weber cannot be seeded idea" from?

If the Wildcats win out, they're Big Sky Champs, unbeaten in one of the Top 3/4 conferences in the country, and have a win over Montana in head-to-head competition

What would make them unseed-worthy? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

They'll also have 2 losses against FBS teams and two of their wins are against sub D-I competition. That, and ECB. xcoffeex xcoffeex

TheValleyRaider
October 27th, 2008, 12:00 AM
They'll also have 2 losses against FBS teams and two of their wins are against sub D-I competition. That, and ECB. xcoffeex xcoffeex

If ECB were truly real, Montana would never get a seed, so there :p

I realize Weber has some deficiencies on their resume, but that will really only haunt them if it comes down to a potential at-large birth

As it stands, now, Weber should be seeded if they win out. FBS losses aren't automatic penalties (App was seeded #2 in 2005 with 2 FBS losses), and Weber would have wins over Montana (who has a strong resume), EWU, NAU and Montana State. The computers all had Weber in the top 10 coming into this week, before they beat NAU

I'd be shocked if the Wildcats win out and do not recieve a seed. Drop a game, though, and that slim margin of error they have could haunt them

putter
October 27th, 2008, 12:45 AM
If ECB were truly real, Montana would never get a seed, so there :p

I realize Weber has some deficiencies on their resume, but that will really only haunt them if it comes down to a potential at-large birth

As it stands, now, Weber should be seeded if they win out. FBS losses aren't automatic penalties (App was seeded #2 in 2005 with 2 FBS losses), and Weber would have wins over Montana (who has a strong resume), EWU, NAU and Montana State. The computers all had Weber in the top 10 coming into this week, before they beat NAU

I'd be shocked if the Wildcats win out and do not recieve a seed. Drop a game, though, and that slim margin of error they have could haunt them

I have to agree. If both Montana and Weber win out, Weber has to get the seed. If Montana got a seed over the only team that beat them, it would set the playoff and selection system back a few years.

FargoBison
October 27th, 2008, 12:50 AM
1.JMU
2.App St
3.Weber
4.UNI

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 27th, 2008, 08:58 AM

Why?

appfan2008
October 27th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I love how everyone in this thread is talking about if/when they win out... very few teams will win out :)

Dukie95
October 27th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I love how everyone in this thread is talking about if/when they win out... very few teams will win out :)

Yes, I'm guilty of this. But in my defense, JMU and Nova will be favorites in each game from here on out.