PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League - Week 7

YaleFootballFan
October 26th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Wow, week 7 already. I've always said the fastest 10 weeks of the year is the Ivy League football season.

Saturday, November 1st
BROWN at PENN, 12 Noon (VERSUS)
COLUMBIA at YALE, 12:30 pm (YES)
HARVARD at DARTMOUTH, 12:30 pm (NESN)
PRINCETON at CORNELL, 1:00 pm (SIRIUS)

GAME OF THE WEEK: Brown at Penn. Battle of the Ivy's only unbeaten teams. Versus certainly struck gold here. After this week, Brown will have gotten all of its tough games out of the way (only Yale, Dartmouth and Columbia remain on its schedule) while Penn is just starting to play the tough part of its schedule (Brown, Princeton, Harvard and Cornell). Brown seems to be the better team, but they are playing at Franklin Field, which has always been a tough place to play in for the Bears.

DUD OF THE WEEK: Harvard at Dartmouth. Blowout.

PREDICTIONS: Last week I was 4-0 (now 29-7 on the season). This week I see Brown, Columbia, Harvard and Princeton winning their games.

bulldog10jw
October 26th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Brown, Columbia(can't believe I'm saying this), Harvard and Cornell

YaleFootballFan
October 26th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Brown, Columbia(can't believe I'm saying this), Harvard and Cornell

I know.

Columbia's five losses have been by 10 points or less. They're a much better team than what their record indicates.

brownbear
October 26th, 2008, 02:14 PM
There is no way Yale can be as bad as you all are saying.

Brown, Yale, Harvard, Princeton all win

bulldog10jw
October 26th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I know.

Columbia's five losses have been by 10 points or less. They're a much better team than what their record indicates.

on the other hand Yale's 3 losses have been by a total of 7 points. The problem is, the O is getting worse, not better.

Ivytalk
October 26th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Penn, Yale, Harvard, Cornellxcoolx

bonarae
October 26th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Penn by 8
Yale by 3 (close, again)
Harvard by 21+
Princeton by 6 (close)

bonarae
November 1st, 2008, 06:00 PM
ALL Final Scores:

Brown 34, Penn 27
Harvard 35, Dartmouth 7
Yale 27, Columbia 12
Princeton 31, Cornell 26

Philliesfan980
November 1st, 2008, 07:27 PM
Tough loss for Penn. I really wish they had even an average QB.

Go...gate
November 1st, 2008, 08:43 PM
Princeton's strange season continues. They beat Lehigh, Columbia and Cornell, gave The Citadel, Colgate (leading both at the half) and Harvard very tough games, and were utterly blown away by Brown, a game they went into thinking they could win. Is Brown that good this year or will the Ivy be like 1982 with three 5-2 champions?

bonarae
November 1st, 2008, 11:19 PM
Princeton's strange season continues. They beat Lehigh, Columbia and Cornell, gave The Citadel, Colgate (leading both at the half) and Harvard very tough games, and were utterly blown away by Brown, a game they went into thinking they could win. Is Brown that good this year or will the Ivy be like 1982 with three 5-2 champions?

It depends on how the 12 remaining games will turn out. Harvard I think will win all three of its remaining games. Brown might also win its three remaining games.

bulldog10jw
November 1st, 2008, 11:31 PM

More than likely, Brown will win out. I suppose they COULD lose one game, but with Yale, Dartmouth, and Columbia left, I can't see it.

Cleets
November 1st, 2008, 11:36 PM
Brown is starting to piss me off...!!! xlolx

xoopsx

YaleFootballFan
November 2nd, 2008, 12:00 PM
It depends on how the 12 remaining games will turn out. Harvard I think will win all three of its remaining games. Brown might also win its three remaining games.

Looks like Harvard fans will have to cheer for Yale next Saturday! xrolleyesx

YaleFootballFan
November 2nd, 2008, 12:10 PM
Is Brown that good this year or will the Ivy be like 1982 with three 5-2 champions?

I don't think Brown is THAT good, but right now they are in the drivers seat to win the Ivy. They've already played through its toughest stretch of Ivy games and they're sitting pretty at 4-0. Their three remaining games are games they should win (Yale at home, at Dartmouth and Columbia at home). I'd be shocked if Brown doesn't at least share the Ivy title this year.

Ivytalk
November 2nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
Looks like Harvard fans will have to cheer for Yale next Saturday! xrolleyesx

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Yowza!