PDA

View Full Version : SLC Predictions - Week Ten

TexasTerror
October 26th, 2008, 08:55 AM
TT's Predictions
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 35-12 (4-8 SLC)
Total: 81-26 (28-12 SLC)

Stephen F. Austin at Sam Houston State - Both teams had less than impressive showings this past week. Big rivalry game where no one knows what to expect. I just can't see the Kats going 0-4 and the best thing about this game is that SFA is not a team that runs the ball a great deal, which has hurt SHSU. Can the Kats contain the pass after getting a good dose of Pendland and Lawrence the last two weeks? SHSU is at home and has dominated this rivalry as of late outside of a Ryan Rossner field goal a few years back from 50 out. SAM HOUSTON STATE

McNeese State at Southeastern Louisiana - McNeese lost against Nicholls in a tight game while the Lions fell a touchdown short of UCA. The Lions have the potential to burst on through, just a game out of the auto-qualifier and with McNeese coming to town, there's a good chance they do just that. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Central Arkansas at Nicholls State - Nicholls with the big win last week. A win against by the Colonels would bring the Bears back into the mix as teams fight it out for the SLC title. That'd be fun! For Nicholls, only the second home game. Still think UCA has what it takes to win this one. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

* GAME OF THE WEEK *
Northwestern State at Texas State University - San Marcos - Demons were not too impressive against Kats. Did what they had to do to win. The Bobcats on the otherhand put points on the board and beat SFA in Nacogdoches. The Bobcats are in the driver's seat and this will be another win for TXST as they have their eyes firmly set on winning the autobid. TEXAS STATE-SAN MARCOS

blackfordpu
October 26th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Stephen F. Austin at Sam Houston State - This is a big game for many reasons and TW has shown he can not get his teams ready.

McNeese @ Southeastern La. - Cowboys coming off an emotional game at Nicholls. I see a potential hangover and the Lions catch them at the right time.

Central Arkansas @ Nicholls - Nicholls is coming off a big win against the Cowboys and could have a let down. Also, the Bears have shown they are the team to beat and I don't see them going down this week.

Texas State @ Northwestern St. - The destroyed a potent offensive team in SFA last week. The Demons are not dominant on either side of the ball. I think the bobcats will pull away around the third quarter.

BEAR
October 26th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Having a problem picking the Southland this year TT?? xlolx

Stephen F. Austin at Sam Houston State-c'mon Bearkats, give the Bears a little cushion for the conference championship! Seriously though, if Bomar plays like he did at Estes, SHSU should win this one, but if not...Kats 21-Jacks-14
McNeese State at Southeastern Louisiana- Toss up but Lions by 3
Central Arkansas at Nicholls State- Defense of UCA too tough for Nicholls, repeat of Lions game but with Brown in the whole game. UCA by 7.
Texas State at Northwestern State- Demons by 7.

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 26th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Stephen F. Austin at Sam Houston State--the Kats can't go 0-4 can they? hmmm...i'm really just guessing...

McNeese State at Southeastern Louisiana--i don't think the cowboys have lost 2 in a row in a long time. they will be focused and will (attempt to) crush SELA.

Central Arkansas at Nicholls State--I'm picking UCA to run da table bc 1) they're our only loss and 2) can't go to playoffs, which effectively means that if they beat everyone else, the Bobcats are goin to the playoffs. selfish? you bet your ass. plus, i honestly think UCA will beat the colonels.

Texas State at Northwestern State--Bobcats always struggle in Louisiana. However, we do (for some weird reason) play much better on the road and it seems we have an offense now...

IFall this comes true, here are your post-week ten SLC standings:

*UCA 4-0
TxSt 3-1
SFA 2-2
NW St. 2-2
McNeese 2-2
Nicholls 1-3
SELA 1-3
Sammy 1-3

* UCA ineligible (UNFORTUNATELY) for the FCS playoffs.
...with TxSt. owning the tie breaker over all the 2-2 teams...

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 26th, 2008, 09:51 AM
...however if we lose, then NWSt. would be in the driver's seat at 3-1 and we'd have to hope they lose TWO more.

ugh, whatever. i hate it. JUST WIN 'CATS!

Bobcat94
October 26th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Ummmm, We play the Demons at home.....

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 26th, 2008, 11:55 AM
oh...well....oops.

hope we don't lose even though we play better in the road. still think the cats wake up and produce a W at home.

slycat
October 26th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Stephen F. Austin at Sam Houston State - This will be a close game I think. I'll lean to the Kats since its at home.

McNeese State at Southeastern Louisiana - Another close game. I can't decide which one I think will win. I'll go with McNeese just because a Lions loss could help the Bobcats.

Central Arkansas at Nicholls State - UCA is good and Nicholls surprised me last week. I'll go with the Bears though.

Northwestern State at Texas State - The Bobcats need this win. Its a home game and we need to start playing better their. The Demons don't have the weapons that McNeese, UCA, or SFA have so I'll pick the Cats.

TexasTerror
October 26th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Ummmm, We play the Demons at home.....

My fault -- that makes things even more leaning towards the Bobcats in terms of who I think is going to win. I really hope that the Bobcats or Demons or Jacks win out...we need one of these 2-1 teams win out to give our team(s) the best chance to succeed in the postseason. Need to avoid trips to Montana or Weber State.

slycat
October 26th, 2008, 12:27 PM
My fault -- that makes things even more leaning towards the Bobcats in terms of who I think is going to win. I really hope that the Bobcats or Demons or Jacks win out...we need one of these 2-1 teams win out to give our team(s) the best chance to succeed in the postseason. Need to avoid trips to Montana or Weber State.

I hear that. I want to be able to go to the playoff game if we make it and that will be tough its its in Montana. Plus we all know the SLCs luck there in the playoffs.

JollyRoger550
October 26th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Stephen F. Austin at Sam Houston State

McNeese State at Southeastern Louisiana

Central Arkansas at Nicholls State

Northwestern State at Texas State

BEAR
October 26th, 2008, 04:21 PM
It doesn't matter what team makes the playoffs this year, it doesn't look like there is a strong team in the league..heck, McFans team looked pretty good last year and was bumped early...this year....there's nobody with much of a defense and only a handful of teams with a decent offense. At this point the most a team could want is to make the playoffs to get beat in the first round and maybe..just maybe...win the Southland. xthumbsupx xlolx

McNeese75
October 26th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Stephen F. Austin at Sam Houston State - Home team wins this one

McNeese State at Southeastern Louisiana - If I'm driving to Hammond I damn sure ain't pickin the Lions :D

Central Arkansas at Nicholls State - I don't see the Bears making the mistakes the Cowboys did last night (penalties, etc)

Northwestern State at Texas State - Cats are in a good place right now in the conference race.

MSU_77
October 26th, 2008, 11:13 PM

HPCAT
October 26th, 2008, 11:44 PM
It doesn't matter what team makes the playoffs this year, it doesn't look like there is a strong team in the league..heck, McFans team looked pretty good last year and was bumped early...this year....there's nobody with much of a defense and only a handful of teams with a decent offense. At this point the most a team could want is to make the playoffs to get beat in the first round and maybe..just maybe...win the Southland. xthumbsupx xlolx

Duh, the SLC has 3 out of the top 10 ranked offenses in the FCS, with TXST and MSU leading the way. There is a reason they play the games, because most folks opinions don't settle anything, and are only of value to the originator............LOL

TXST_CAT
October 26th, 2008, 11:54 PM

You obviously didn't see the '05 season. xsmiley_wix

TexasTerror
October 27th, 2008, 07:19 AM
You obviously didn't see the '05 season. xsmiley_wix

What about 2004? xnodx

JoshUCA
October 27th, 2008, 07:54 AM

Frosty The Snowbuff
October 27th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Stephen F. Austin at Sam Houston State ---They say it's hard to predict this one.......So I flipped a coin xlolx

McNeese State at Southeastern Louisiana --- Oh boy....

Central Arkansas at Nicholls State --- Continuing with my trend....First to 30 wins....

Northwestern State at Texas State --- Better win this one.....Next 3 ain't lookin' to pretty....

GeauxLions94
October 29th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Stephen F. Austin at Sam Houston State - Battle of the Piney Woods and Sam Houston has been in control of this series for a while ... should continue with game in HuntsVegas ... SAM HOUSTON STATE

McNeese State at Southeastern Louisiana - Neither team has lost two in a row ... until this week ... Cowboys have second-best offense in the FCS land, but have had their troubles in Hammond ... Lions looked bad offensively in first half at Central Arkansas ... expect a shootout, but will go (unfortunately) with roadies. McNEESE STATE

Central Arkansas at Nicholls State - Nicholls got a big win on the road last week and now get the SLC leaders in Cajun Country ... return home for UCA coach Clint Conque and he should have Nathan Brown for the entire game ... CENTRAL ARKANSAS

* GAME OF THE WEEK *
Northwestern State at Texas State - Demons got big win at home against Sam Houston State and have to go on the road to face one of the top offenses in all the FCS land (didn't I say that about McNeese???) ... Bobcats have played well on the road, but could have trouble stopping the NSU running game, led by Byron Lawrence ... will go with the home team in a squeaker, though would not be surprised with Demon win ... TEXAS STATE

BobcatTXST04
October 29th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Stephen F. Austin at Sammy St. - Jacks have impressed me more this is season than the Kats have. Sammy's offense just isn't clicking in conference, while SFA's was until we played them. It sucks for Kat fans to go 0-4, but the Jacks will probably take this one. SFA

McNeese State at Southeastern Louisiana - McNeese isn't terribly prone to loosing back to back conference games. The lions have been playing some good ball this year and things could easily swing in their direction, but overall I think MSU is the better team and should pull this one out. McNesse

Central Arkansas at Nicholls State - Nichols surprised McNesse last week and proved that anything is possible in the SLC. However, UCA is not McNeese and should come away with a win. UCA

Northwestern State at Texas State - Bobcat Stadium has not been kind to the Cats this year, but look for this game to turn things around. Our offense is rolling and a defense is finally getting it together. NWST has been playing very well lately, and could surprise a lot of people in the SLC, just not the Bobcats. Bobcats!

TexasTerror
November 1st, 2008, 08:59 PM
Looks like a 1-3 week for me...on the bright side. SHSU won as predicted! I'm going against them next week in Thibodaux... xnonono2x