PDA

View Full Version : Conference Championship Question...

uofmman1122
October 26th, 2008, 12:22 AM
I know that they use a tiebreaker to award the autobid in the Big Sky, but what about the championship?

The reason I ask is that looking back at 2005 and 2003, when there were split titles, Montana still shared it, but lost to the other team(s) that won a share.

So, using this season as an example, if Weber loses once and goes 7-1 in conference, while Montana wins out and ends up 7-1 in conference, do they split the title? I know Weber would win the autobid, but I'm confused as to how they award the conference title. Would they share it, or would they, like in 2003 and 2005, share the conference title, since they're both 7-1?

xconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedx

mvemjsunpx
October 26th, 2008, 12:27 AM
As far as I know, there is no tiebreaker for the conference rings. Any team that ties for first can claim a title.

The system is kind of stupid, though. I think that, if you tie for first & beat the other teams you're tied with, you alone should get the crown. I don't mind the concept of a shared title if it comes down to common games or the Sagarins or something, but not if head-to-head results are sufficient.

GolfingGriz
October 26th, 2008, 12:29 AM
As far as I know, there is no tiebreaker for the conference rings. Any team that ties for first can claim a title.

The system is kind of stupid, though. I think that, if you tie for first & beat the other teams you're tied with, you alone should get the crown. I don't mind the concept of a shared title if it comes down to common games or the Sagarins or something, but not if head-to-head results are sufficient.

You are correct. Anyone in first place or a tie for first place at the completion of the conference schedule can claim a conference championship.

uofmman1122
October 26th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Gotcha. Makes sense.

Thanks. xthumbsupx