PDA

View Full Version : SoCon - Week 10

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 25th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Furman @ Samford - It's going to be close, but I think the Furples will come away with a win in this one. Furman 24 Samford 21

Chattanooga @ Western Carolina - Looking at the results so far, WCU is clearly the better team. WCU should win by 20. WCU 27 Chattanooga 7

Georgia Southern @ The Citadel - I dread going to play in Charleston especially after The Citadel has lost 4 straight. I really hope that the scare in Cullowhee has our team focused for this one because if it doesn't, we may find ourselves in a deficit that not even 28 fourth quarter points can overcome. Optimistic prediction GSU 31 The Citadel 24.

Wofford @ Appalachian State - the biggun'. I've seen both teams play, and they both seem pretty good. App. isn't that strong against the run, and Wofford runs well. ASU should have a mental edge after losing to WC last year. That, and with the game being in Boone causes me to favor them, barely. Expect a shootout. App 45 Wofford 41.

Elon has the week off - Come on, Ashbirds. It's up to you guys to give us a SoCon champion other than App. or Wofford. xmadx

introvertedGSUfan
October 25th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Picking Samford, WCU, and App. I'm too scared to predict the outcome of GSU's game after today's events.

Mntneer
October 25th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Easiest call to hardest:
WCU. Seriously, can Chatty beat anyone?

GSU. I don't understand what happened to the Citadel this season. Whatever it is, I don't see them pulling an upset vs a very underrated GSU team.

Furman. Samford has shown us all that they are coming to play every week and that they deserve to be in this conference. But Furman is a very good team that had me a little worried for App today.

App. This is totally a homer pick. Wofford scares the crap out of me. Hopefully an insane Halloween environment at The Rock helps to put us over the top.

T-Dog
October 25th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I'll wait until Wednesday, but I must say that Wofford scares me as well.

And remember, Wofford/App is Friday night on ESPN 2, so factor that into your decisions.

Jiggs
October 25th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Samford
WCU
GSU
Wofford

CID1990
October 25th, 2008, 11:47 PM
I don't understand what happened to the Citadel this season. Whatever it is, I don't see them pulling an upset vs a very underrated GSU team.

It's simple. We enjoyed success with a couple players near the end of last season. Those same players returning this season made most of us predict that El Cid would continue to improve from last season to this one.

The reality is that we are very young at almost every position, especially in those skill positions that really require either experience or super talent (you dont get the latter at El Cid, so we have to have the former to win). The OL is where I think we are hurting the most. The irony in all of this is that it was Coach Higgins who hinted that there could be a letdown this year, but none of us could believe that.

The only consolation we have right now is that we are stacked with knobs and sophomores, and many of them are getting a lot of experience already. The bad news is that many of them should have been redshirted this year, but they were needed early. I think we are going to be sitting pretty as early as next year, but it really sucks to have a setback like this, especially knowing what Coach Higgins and his staff are capable of doing.

To be honest, losing the rest of our games this season is not beyond the realm of possibility. The only bright spot is that we are playing for pride now, so we'll be dangerous at home.

catamount man
October 26th, 2008, 07:08 AM
App over Wofford (barely, gonna be a good one)
Samford over Furman
GSU over El Cid
WCU over Chattanooga ("Dear Lord, let it be")

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

boonegoon
October 26th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Furman beats Samford handily
GSU destroys a deflated Citadel
WCU beats Chatty
If App can't slow down the Wofford running game it could be a long night.

The Cats
October 26th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Samford
WCU
GSU
Wofford

yep....

Millwoch
October 26th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Southern Fried Football tour makes it first ever trip to Charleston this week. The bulldogs are down, so maybe Packman can bring some energy down. We just need to get better every week and thus far I do not see this.

They other teams in the bottom half of the conference seem to be getting better.

Hurts me to say...GSU 35 Bulldogs 17

The game of the week and on Halloween at that. I'll be glued to the TV over at my brother's house(a t-dog grad) and pulling for the yip yaps. They proved that they belong by beating Elon(I knew they were overrated)
I am not sure what is going to happen, but if Woffy plays without turnovers, they will be hard to beat. T-dogs 38 Appy 35

Furman will match up better against Samford than my bulldogs as they are bigger on the O and D line. FU 32-17

WCU has been getting better and will win over the only team that is worse of mentally than my bulldogs.. WCU 27 Chatty 13

FUwolfpacker
October 26th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Southern Fried Football tour makes it first ever trip to Charleston this week. The bulldogs are down, so maybe Packman can bring some energy down.

Good luck with the Packman in town. That should be a lot of fun. Just don't get blown out....you don't want to get put on "Southern Fried Football Probation" like Duke! (they have to become bowl eligible to get off probation)

T-Dogg
October 26th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Southern Fried Football tour makes it first ever trip to Charleston this week. The bulldogs are down, so maybe Packman can bring some energy down.

Packman and the traveling tailgate is awesome! He was in Sparkle City for our Homecoming this year!

Friday Night, National TV, SoCon........

elon77
October 26th, 2008, 10:01 AM
After this weekend Elon needs a bye. Good luck to everyone else.

ericsaid
October 26th, 2008, 10:05 AM
The Citadel rushed for 2 yards on 28 carries against Samford. Keep that in mind.

RazorEdge19
October 26th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Furman @ Samford

Furman is coming off a difficult loss to ASU, whereas Samford is coming off a huge win against El Cid that has solidified their presence in the conference. Furman is riding the edge now and needs this game more then Samford. The key will be Furman's offensive line against Samford's defense.

Chattanooga @ Western Carolina
Western imploded last week against GSU at home. Now they have to face a Chattanooga team that has a lame duck Coach. If Western can get out early, Chattanooga's pride will be tested. If they don't, Chat will want to send Allison out right.

Georgia Southern @ The Citadel
This game is interesting. El Cid struggled mightly against Samford, whereas GSU floundered till the 4th quarter against Western. GSU hasn't looked to hot on the road, but The Citadel hasn't looked fantastic at all this season. The key is GSU's defense against El Cid's offense.

Wofford @ Appalachian State
The game that has been circled since last season finally comes to pass. The 2007 co-champions come in undefeated. App wants revenge for last year's loss, meanwhile Wofford's offense has been chewing opposing defenses up and spitting them back out. The Rock will be absolutely nuts on Haloween night. The key will be Wofford's defense vs. App's offense. If they perform as the have the last three weeks, it could be interesting. If Armanti runs wild, it could be a long day in Wofford land

fuEMO
October 26th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Wofford is a great team but I'm not sure they will have the same success as Furman did against Edwards. Edwards still made IMO great decisions but he was kept off balanced but Furman's defensive wrinkle's and the play of our rover and bandit. I don't think Wofford can do the same on defense.

I also think Wofford will have to go outside against APP to have running success. Again I think APP can handle that. That leaves the inside stuff, does Wofford have the meat and the runners to take a lickin and keep going. Uhaa is a special player and the battles in the middle were fierce.

My gut feeling APP could win big.

apppackdad
October 26th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Mocs,Paladins,Eagles and Mountaineers.

GaSouthern
October 26th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Samford
WCU
GSU
Wofford

xnodx

WCU LawCat
October 26th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Mocs,Paladins,Eagles and Mountaineers.

hater

T-Dog
October 31st, 2008, 01:01 AM
Furman 28
Samford 24

Nooga 14
WCU 38

GaSo 32
El Cit 25

Wuffies 42
App St 49

appfan2008
October 31st, 2008, 07:24 AM
I think the second best game of the week behind obviously ASU/Wofford is the Furman/Samford game... I think Samford will pull off the upset and through itself into the playoff mix at the same time...

james_lawfirm
October 31st, 2008, 08:08 AM
Wofford is a great team but I'm not sure they will have the same success as Furman did against Edwards. Edwards still made IMO great decisions but he was kept off balanced but Furman's defensive wrinkle's and the play of our rover and bandit. I don't think Wofford can do the same on defense.

I also think Wofford will have to go outside against APP to have running success. Again I think APP can handle that. That leaves the inside stuff, does Wofford have the meat and the runners to take a lickin and keep going. Uhaa is a special player and the battles in the middle were fierce.

My gut feeling APP could win big.

FUEMO:
Wise words. And not only because I agree with them.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 1st, 2008, 03:17 PM
Furman @ Samford - It's going to be close, but I think the Furples will come away with a win in this one. Furman 24 Samford 21

Chattanooga @ Western Carolina - Looking at the results so far, WCU is clearly the better team. WCU should win by 20. WCU 27 Chattanooga 7

Georgia Southern @ The Citadel - I dread going to play in Charleston especially after The Citadel has lost 4 straight. I really hope that the scare in Cullowhee has our team focused for this one because if it doesn't, we may find ourselves in a deficit that not even 28 fourth quarter points can overcome. Optimistic prediction GSU 31 The Citadel 24.

Wofford @ Appalachian State - the biggun'. I've seen both teams play, and they both seem pretty good. App. isn't that strong against the run, and Wofford runs well. ASU should have a mental edge after losing to WC last year. That, and with the game being in Boone causes me to favor them, barely. Expect a shootout. App 45 Wofford 41.

Elon has the week off - Come on, Ashbirds. It's up to you guys to give us a SoCon champion other than App. or Wofford. xmadx

Am I good or what? :D