PDA

View Full Version : Video: JMU Wins it On A Hail Mary!

vaughtdj
October 25th, 2008, 07:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrotoFmp8wc

unbelievable...

JmuSkinsfan
October 25th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Wow. Again. Wow.

uofmman1122
October 25th, 2008, 07:18 PM
A win is a win, I guess.

Damn.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 25th, 2008, 07:23 PM
That should be nominated for the Pontiac Game-changing performance play. Most of the plays in it so far are pretty lame.

Tod
October 25th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Apparently JMU is magic this year. Damn good, yes, but...magic too.

Wow!

94Terrier
October 25th, 2008, 07:43 PM
How in the hell does Nova not knock that ball to the ground!

UNI Pike
October 25th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Wow - is that the karma coming back to make up for the fumble against Appy?

Monarch History
October 25th, 2008, 07:49 PM
That's the first time I've see the catch. WOW! xeekx Great win for JMU and a heartbreaker for 'Nova.

thmst30
October 25th, 2008, 07:57 PM
What the hell 'Nova? Where are your fans?

introvertedGSUfan
October 25th, 2008, 08:17 PM
That should be nominated for the Pontiac Game-changing performance play. Most of the plays in it so far are pretty lame.

Completely agree because this really sets up the CAA outcome for this season, though there will be so much hate for it because it's a FCS vs. FCS game.

blur2005
October 25th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Holy crap, I couldn't watch the second half of this game - this is crazy.:D :D

Rob Iola
October 25th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Wow! Karma, truly...

furpal87
October 25th, 2008, 08:54 PM
It takes a certain amount of luck to win it all: See App. but don't use it all up early!!

leatherneck177
October 25th, 2008, 09:15 PM
ridiculous!

beauvighn
October 25th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Man, that is unbelievable. I bet those guys are just sick. Congrats to JMU. Great teams make those kinds of plays. They are not the best team in the land for nothing xsmiley_wix

Zoo
October 26th, 2008, 02:04 AM
That's the first time I've see the catch. WOW! xeekx Great win for JMU and a heartbreaker for 'Nova.

That was my first time as well. Unbeliveable play, I had to re-watch it about three times to soak it in.

blackfordpu
October 26th, 2008, 02:10 AM
That is what FCS football is all about. Great game, great finish.

smcwildcat
October 26th, 2008, 02:53 AM
jesus I didnt know it was that epic

aust42
October 26th, 2008, 08:26 AM
What the hell 'Nova? Where are your fans?

Nova is a 1A Big East basketball school. They could care less about their 1AA football team even when their having a good year.

AppMan
October 26th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Looks like a little bit of the Jerry Moore luck has rubbed off on Mickey.

Dukie95
October 26th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Here's a longer version with more footage of the final drive included. They started on their own 40 with 51 seconds and one timeout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLvsbwHxg9s

Sure that helmet bounce was lucky, but when you watch the entire drive you can see how it takes more than simple dumb luck to get yourself in that position to win in the first place.

What you don't see, however, is Nova's previous drive that was stopped by a sack and a TFL. I don't think any of that was luck, either.

Uncle Buck
October 26th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Things seem to be breaking very good for JMU this year, makes you wonder if this will continue through the playoffs.

Jackman
October 26th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Nova is a 1A Big East basketball school. They could care less about their 1AA football team even when their having a good year.
The game was also in a driving rain storm.

AZGrizFan
October 26th, 2008, 11:07 AM
How in the hell does Nova not knock that ball to the ground!

How it he hell does Nova not CATCH that ball? xconfusedx xconfusedx

alexale23
October 26th, 2008, 11:10 AM
MAGIC BABY MAGIC

DUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKES

AppIAA
October 26th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Wow, just wow. As someone else said in another thread, the App V.s Wofford Friday night game on ESPN2 is a punt return and hail mary away from being a 1 vs 2 showdown.

Good job Dukes. I hope the luck runs out soon ;)

JMU2004
October 26th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Wow, just wow. As someone else said in another thread, the App V.s Wofford Friday night game on ESPN2 is a punt return and hail mary away from being a 1 vs 2 showdown.

Good job Dukes. I hope the luck runs out soon ;)

The punt return stopped the game from going to overtime....

The Hail Mary I'll give you....

ASU was 16 seconds away from being knocked out in the 1st round last year....

AppIAA
October 26th, 2008, 12:00 PM
The punt return stopped the game from going to overtime....

The Hail Mary I'll give you....

ASU was 16 seconds away from being knocked out in the 1st round last year....

I am not doubting JMU. I am just saying that if JMU lost those 2 games (you can even throw a 3rd against App since we decided not to play defense in the second half.. yea yea i know you just out played us blah blah) the Wofford at ASU matchup would be a 1 vs 2..

Settle down a little bit

And on a side note, the 16 seconds away from being knocked out in the 1st round last year.. that was just a stupid call by your coach.. its a little different than heaving the ball in the air and praying

jlcharles
October 26th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Here's a longer version with more footage of the final drive included. They started on their own 40 with 51 seconds and one timeout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLvsbwHxg9s

Sure that helmet bounce was lucky, but when you watch the entire drive you can see how it takes more than simple dumb luck to get yourself in that position to win in the first place.

What you don't see, however, is Nova's previous drive that was stopped by a sack and a TFL. I don't think any of that was luck, either.

Way to cut any discussion of the penalty out of the video.

redspider
October 26th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Wow that catch is ridiculous I am telling you JMU is a very talented team but I dont know if it is luck or magic as another person said but it is on there side. It just seems no matter what or how much time is left they come back and win. Dont worry Villanova fans as Richmond fan I know how it feels the same thing a play to beat us right at the end happened to us. The only question I have is when does the magic run out and for JMU fans you have to hope it is not in the playoffs. And for the rest of us if it does not end there they will win it all.

Frosty The Snowbuff
October 26th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Wow. Again. Wow.

What he said.....xnodx

Anovafan
October 26th, 2008, 11:47 PM
I gotta give the VU president credit for this one, he said it wasn't a Hail Mary because Mary would never have done that to VU, a good catholic institution, it was luck. At least it made me laugh.

Proud Griz Man
October 26th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Apparently JMU is magic this year. Damn good, yes, but...magic too.

Wow!

What if that Magic does not last forever????

alexale23
October 26th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Dont worry griz fan when the magic runs out you will have been at home

AppGrad06
October 27th, 2008, 08:25 AM
How it he hell does Nova not CATCH that ball? xconfusedx xconfusedx

from what I could tell it looked like they just tried to bat it to the ground (b/c that's all they really needed to do) but it got batted into that guy's helmet and bounced back up in the air.

mcveyrl
October 27th, 2008, 08:31 AM
from what I could tell it looked like they just tried to bat it to the ground (b/c that's all they really needed to do) but it got batted into that guy's helmet and bounced back up in the air.

Yea, the DB was doing everything right, just bad luck (or good luck depending on where you're sitting).

LacesOut
October 27th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Awesome. Totally.

Kept flippin' back and forth between this game and the LSU/Georgia game on Saturday.

jlcharles
October 27th, 2008, 08:28 PM
I gotta give the VU president credit for this one, he said it wasn't a Hail Mary because Mary would never have done that to VU, a good catholic institution, it was luck. At least it made me laugh.

He actually commented on the game? I was at the president's club reception in Connelly before the game and he didn't acknowledge the fact that there was a game Saturday. I wasn't surprised.

BDKJMU
October 27th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Yea, the DB was doing everything right, just bad luck (or good luck depending on where you're sitting).

Actually was an LB who jumped batted the ball down but on the way down it bounces off the db's helmet right over to our receiver. I kind of feel bad for those 2, as they appeared to, as they appeared to have played the play right, it was just a freakish play.

Landers looked like he threw the ball from about the 38, and it appeared it was batted about 6-7 yards deep in the endzone. If no one touches it it probably lands aroud the back of the endzone, so that is a high arcing pass into a 20 mph sustained wind (weather had called for that with wind guts up to 30 mph) with a light mist (the rain had mostly stopped in the 2nd half and then starting pouring again about 15 min after the game ended. that travels about 45 yards. landers has an arm. Whats the odds of that happening in good conditions 10-1, 20-1. In those conditions, what 50-1?

That was more incredible than the UR finish which made ESPN's Top 10 Plays of the Week (or is it day?- there were other sports on there). We all thought it would certainly make if not #1 on the ESPN Top 10, would certainly be on the Top 10. But for some reason it didn't make the Top 10 at all. And Play #9 I heard someone say was Women's Bass Fishingxconfusedx :(

I heard 2 theroies on this. ESPN didn't want to have the same I-AA 2x in a 2 week period. Or more likely, the UR game was on CSS, CSN-MA and CSN -NE, and one of the guys who called the game also works for ESPN, while the Nova game was just on CN8.

Anovafan
October 28th, 2008, 09:15 PM
He actually commented on the game? I was at the president's club reception in Connelly before the game and he didn't acknowledge the fact that there was a game Saturday. I wasn't surprised.

Yes, he was in his box throwing a big party. He comes to all of the home games and is a pretty good fan. Much better than Dobbin.

jlcharles
October 28th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Yes, he was in his box throwing a big party. He comes to all of the home games and is a pretty good fan. Much better than Dobbin.

You learn something new every day. I didn't know that and it didn't seem that way with the way he never mentioned the game.

Anovafan
October 29th, 2008, 09:46 PM
You learn something new every day. I didn't know that and it didn't seem that way with the way he never mentioned the game.

Yup, I have said hello to him at every home game. He is a really good guy and has married several former Nova football players. He is very well liked amongst the football alumni.

AshevilleApp2
October 30th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Amazing play. Scary team. #1 Seed. xnodx