PDA

View Full Version : Should Lavan start Glaud at QB next week against SC State?

DSUrocks07
October 25th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Now that DSU's season is over should we make the move of Glaud to the starting lineup against the Bulldogs or wait for the last three games?

Winston-Salem
@Norfolk
@Howard

I think that the last three games will be better because it will be against lesser competition and will give Glaud some confidence leading into next season. Even though he has shown flashes of what he can do, I think that he needs more experience running the offense in practice and in games where he won't have to worry about making mistakes, it will also let him build a rapport with our younger and returning players next season. I'd rather him get the kinks out now in games that won't matter too much than in the beginning of next season where two bad games in a row will take us out of the running for the playoffs.

Opinions welcome. xreadx

EDIT: I accidentally voted "Yes" after making this argument xlolx xoopsx

slycat
October 25th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I agree that you should wait. Confidence could work for him going into next season.

DSUrocks07
October 25th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Potential departing/graduating players (skill positions):

QB Vashon Winton
RB Chris Strother
RB Kareem Jones
RB Phil Morgan
WR Calvin Tolliver
WR Derrick McNeil
WR Eddie Brown
TE Chris Singh

So we'll have plenty of holes to fill, and Glaud will be just the beginning. The Winston-Salem game will be our last home game so it'll be "Senior Night" but our younger players should start getting some looks too.

R.A.
October 25th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Winton deserves to go out as the starting quarterback... Glaud can start next season.

DSUrocks07
October 25th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Winton deserves to go out as the starting quarterback... Glaud can start next season.

Why? The way we've been playing lately we could lose out the rest of the way. We know what we have in Winton...we don't know what we have in Glaud. I think its important to find out what we do have...THIS SEASON. So we won't have to write off another season learning what we have and be in the position like Delaware is now.