PDA

View Full Version : Tx Southern Stops 19-Game Div I Losing Streak

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Big win for Bobby Reid, Johnnie Cole and company...as they topped Alcorn State on the road 30-29 for their first road win against a Division I foe since Sept. 9, 2006 against Alabama State.

The Texas Southern Tigers had lost 19 straight games against Div I competition dating back to a 33-28 win over Grambling on Oct. 28, 2006.

In fact, they lost the five games before that against Div I competition for just one win in 25 games.

TSU is off til Nov. 8 when they become the LAST team in Division I football to play an official home game at their designated home field. Up until now, TSU has played two games at a local Houston ISD stadium and one at Reliant Stadium. The game on Nov. 8 against Mississippi Valley State will be at Durley Field.

Hope 3rd Coast Tiger, newboy and company are enjoying this win...they get an extra week to do so with the bye before getting back to business..

3rd Coast Tiger
October 25th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Poor dude. Sam Houston must have lost today.

JagHammer
October 25th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Good job!

DSUrocks07
October 25th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Congrats sTu! xthumbsupx

You have to start somewhere, just like I would say to A&T, "Rome wasn't built in a day" xnodx

This would be a sign of the Apocalypse:

TSU winning the SWAC and A&T winning the MEAC in the same year xeekx xlolx

3rd Coast Tiger
October 25th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Good job!

Thanks SWAC.

Congrats to all teams that won today.
xlolx

JagHammer
October 25th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks SWAC.

Congrats to all teams that won today.
xlolx

I was really impressed by TSU at homecoming. Your team has come a long way.xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Poor dude. Sam Houston must have lost today.

That's two complimentary threads of TSU in one day! The length of the streaks was noteworthy has it shows what the Tigers have come from...especially the lack of a true home game, shows they've really come through.

Here's the link to my other thread if you missed it...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50766

TSUalum05
October 25th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Big win for Bobby Reid, Johnnie Cole and company...as they topped Alcorn State on the road 30-29 for their first road win against a Division I foe since Sept. 9, 2006 against Alabama State.

You mean C. Harmon

TSU is off til Nov. 8 when they become the LAST team in Division I football to play an official home game at their designated home field. Up until now, TSU has played two games at a local Houston ISD stadium and one at Reliant Stadium. The game on Nov. 8 against Mississippi Valley State will be at Durley Field.

What does this have to do with snapping a 19-Game Div I Losing Streak

Hope 3rd Coast Tiger, newboy and company are enjoying this win

Every win is enjoyable

That's two complimentary threads of TSU in one day!

Sprinkled in with NEGATIVITY as always.

Panther88
October 25th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Very nice win for sTu! Hopefully more will follow in this current season.xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
October 26th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Sprinkled in with NEGATIVITY as always.

No negativity what so ever in this post...see, you guys love jumping on me, even when there's no reason to jump! xnonono2x