PDA

View Full Version : Montana@Northern Colorado

Peems
October 25th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Didn't see a thread anywhere. 24-3 Griz at half.

Hellgate60
October 25th, 2008, 02:27 PM
That was a great drive at the end of half. 93 yards in a 1:27

Peems
October 25th, 2008, 02:30 PM
That was a great drive at the end of half. 93 yards in a 1:27

There was a little bit of everything.RB passes, TE passes, QB draws, just a lot great play calls there.

DuckDuckGriz
October 25th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Just checkin in, liking what I see. When I left for breakfast it was 3-3 so it looks like the offense got their isht together. Sounds like there's alot of trash talking going on down on the field.

NoCoDanny
October 25th, 2008, 03:03 PM
How did you guys lose to Weber?

DuckDuckGriz
October 25th, 2008, 03:04 PM

Weber's a good team, I think they'd still have our number if we played them this week. But I think we're starting to get a little tighter as far as discipline goes, especially in the trenches. It's shown the last couple weeks.

DuckDuckGriz
October 25th, 2008, 03:05 PM
UNC FG good,

31-6

AZGrizFan
October 25th, 2008, 03:07 PM
guess that answers the question about whether the Griz can score 30....

Peems
October 25th, 2008, 03:08 PM

No doubt Weber was the better team, that day. But turnovers killed us and it seemed after they came back and took the lead, we had no idea what to do. Plus we're getting better.

Peems
October 25th, 2008, 03:09 PM
So after I talk up Mariani this week, he just gets his first catch!

DuckDuckGriz
October 25th, 2008, 03:12 PM
So after I talk up Mariani this week, he just gets his first catch!

it's the Blue Pony in him...

And as I write that he gets a touchdown xlolx

Peems
October 25th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Mariani TD! All he does is catch Touchdowns!!! Marc "Night" Mariani! Marc "I'm faster than a puma in the thick of the hunt" Mariani! Marc "I'm faster than a Blue Pony" Mariani. Marc "the Man" Mariani!!!

DuckDuckGriz
October 25th, 2008, 03:17 PM
High snap on a UNC punt - 1st & 10 Montana inside the UNC 20. That Grizalltheway 50 is starting to get in sight.

grizband
October 25th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Mariani TD! All he does is catch Touchdowns!!! Marc "Night" Mariani! Marc "I'm faster than a puma in the thick of the hunt" Mariani! Marc "I'm faster than a Blue Pony" Mariani. Marc "the Man" Mariani!!!
I like this one Peems, let's hope it catches on!

DuckDuckGriz
October 25th, 2008, 03:21 PM
McKnight FG

UM 41
UNC 6

NoCoDanny
October 25th, 2008, 03:23 PM
God we suck, we quit in the 2nd quarter and we come out from halftime and immediatly are trying to run out the clock...

Peems
October 25th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I like this one Peems, let's hope it catches on!

I've got so many more. My favorite for the time being is. The Human Touchdown Machine. But Night Mariani is a classic.

DuckDuckGriz
October 25th, 2008, 03:27 PM
God we suck, we quit in the 2nd quarter and we come out from halftime and immediatly are trying to run out the clock...

I admit this is very different from what I expected.

Big run for the Bears to the Montana 35.

NoCoDanny
October 25th, 2008, 03:31 PM
No if ands or buts we quit. 3-3 after the first quarter and then you guys break off a couple big plays for TD's and immediatly we quit. Pathetic really.

DuckDuckGriz
October 25th, 2008, 03:33 PM
UNC misses a FG

Score remains 41-6.

I have a hard time believing the Bears just quit, this was a huge game for them to make a statement.

NoCoDanny
October 25th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah exactly which makes it even all the more disapointing...

My feeling is we were totally intimidated, once some adversity struck we rolled up in a ball and played dead.

DuckDuckGriz
October 25th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Wow - Montana backup QB Jeff Larson in at WR.

DuckDuckGriz
October 25th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Yeah exactly which makes it even all the more disapointing...

My feeling is we were totally intimidated, once some adversity struck we rolled up in a ball and played dead.

Could be - but I think for the first time in years (no offense) the Griz prepared carefully for UNC, knowing what was at stake if they lost this game and well aware of the disaster the Bobcats walked into last year. Twisted compliment - but should tell you how far the Bears have come since joining.

DuckDuckGriz
October 25th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Touchdown Bears
UM 41
UNC 13

4:04 4th

MTGrizzFan
October 25th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Wow - Montana backup QB Jeff Larson in at WR.

I like seeing that

DuckDuckGriz
October 25th, 2008, 03:53 PM
I know we need to give Selle looks but should we really be throwing the ball at this point?

Peems
October 25th, 2008, 03:56 PM
UNC probably going to score here.

Grizaholic17
October 25th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Score by UNC with our seconds in. This is a great game for the Griz. We are back.

DuckDuckGriz
Yeah yeah a win is a win but we should have just been running the clock out and been on the buses by now.

Bronco
and they do
41-20

UNCBears2010
October 25th, 2008, 10:33 PM
UNC misses a FG

Score remains 41-6.

I have a hard time believing the Bears just quit, this was a huge game for them to make a statement.

No...we quit. The coaches quit and the players quit.

mtgrizfan4life
October 26th, 2008, 04:08 PM

Peems, I coined Marc "Night"Mariani at EGRIZ, and mentioned it here too. I love seeing it used. xthumbsupx

NoCoDanny
October 26th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Downing said in the post game press conference they were intimidated by the uniform and quit, how can that not be on the coaching staff? They all need to take a long look in the mirror. xbawlingx

NorthernColorado
October 26th, 2008, 05:31 PM
It's shocking that Downing still has a job. Shocking.

Ronbo
October 26th, 2008, 05:45 PM
No...we quit. The coaches quit and the players quit.

Dude, this years UNC team hasn't quit against anyone. Could it be that you just got steamrolled?xnodx A team with big heart and toughness doesn't play with big heart and toughness for 6 games and then just quit in game 7.

uofmman1122
October 26th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Dude, this years UNC team hasn't quit against anyone. Could it be that you just got steamrolled?xnodx A team with big heart and toughness doesn't play with big heart and toughness for 6 games and then just quit in game 7.Agreed. Methinks everyone in Greeley expected it to be closer, and when it didn't happen, they started coming up with excuses. xnodx

NoCoDanny
October 26th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Excuses for what? It's a pretty big compliment that you kicked us in the teeth we gave you our lunch money and went crying to the teacher.

GolfingGriz
October 26th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Did anyone else love the Hauck quote at the end of the game when he said "I'm impressed with the intensity we brought today, especially playing in an atmosphere like this"?

ncbears
October 26th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Dude, this years UNC team hasn't quit against anyone. Could it be that you just got steamrolled?xnodx A team with big heart and toughness doesn't play with big heart and toughness for 6 games and then just quit in game 7.

Thanks for the props Ronbo. There's a reason you were ranked in the top 5 in the nation. We just got beat by a much better team yesterday.

OB55
October 26th, 2008, 09:01 PM
That, NC is the very positive side. You have a team that is rising from the ruins, learning the little differences between winning and not, and finding some confidence in the occasional instances when they do more right than wrong.

Playing Montana allows our team to see where they need to be, hopefully they will decide they also want to be there.

UNCBears2010
October 26th, 2008, 11:09 PM

No, Downing said we quit, the players said we weren't prepared, and we invented an injury to our QB at halftime.