PDA

View Full Version : TXST/SFA

HPCAT
October 25th, 2008, 12:03 PM
TXST Release:

http://txstatebobcats.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/txst/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/StephenF

Bobcats 5th ranked offense goes for 3rd straight road win to move into serious playoff contention.

MaximumBobcat
October 25th, 2008, 12:08 PM
We'll see how the Bobcat secondary holds up against Moses.

I'm predicting a BIG game for Karrington Bush.

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Hard to believe that your inconsistent offense is ranked top 5 in FCS.

Then again with your squad having the #115 ranked defense which allows your offense plenty of more drives than most every other offense in the nation, it makes sense...

Bobcats have also played UCA (which would be #97), #107 Texas Southern, #97 Northern Colorado and #103 Southern Utah.

There's just real no good gauge of your team since you have not really played anyone with a solid defense by any stretch. McNeese is #75 if you need them...

I'm just as perplexed as possible with your squad...a win though against SFA could really push you into the playoff discussion...

slycat
October 25th, 2008, 12:14 PM
This will be a very interesting game. Both teams have very good offenses and bad defenses. I'm worried that pass happy SFA will score easy on Texas State. It gives me hope though that the Bobcat defense looked better int he last two games. Although UCA didn't pass as much as SFA will.

I'm glad this game is on TV.

slycat
October 25th, 2008, 12:16 PM

Then again with your squad having the #115 ranked defense which allows your offense plenty of more drives than most every other offense in the nation, it makes sense...

Bobcats have also played UCA (which would be #97), #107 Texas Southern, #97 Northern Colorado and #103 Southern Utah.

There's just real no good gauge of your team since you have not really played anyone with a solid defense by any stretch. McNeese is #75 if you need them...

I'm just as perplexed as possible with your squad...a win though against SFA could really push you into the playoff discussion...

I think any team from the SLC will get lit up in the playoffs thanks to the poor defenses. Its hard to judge when everyone in the conference can score 40 points a game.

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 12:16 PM
This will be a very interesting game. Both teams have very good offenses and bad defenses. I'm worried that pass happy SFA will score easy on Texas State. It gives me hope though that the Bobcat defense looked better int he last two games. Although UCA didn't pass as much as SFA will.

The UCA game plan in itself was a bit surprising. I do like UCA's backfield options, but when you have Nathan Brown and you have one of the worst defenses in the FCS, you go pass-happy -- put some points up, take the lead and let your running game completely take off the clock against the tired defensive unit for your opposing team...

slycat
October 25th, 2008, 12:17 PM
The UCA game plan in itself was a bit surprising. I do like UCA's backfield options, but when you have Nathan Brown and you have one of the worst defenses in the FCS, you go pass-happy -- put some points up, take the lead and let your running game completely take off the clock against the tired defensive unit for your opposing team...

I was surprised too but UCA fans seem to think they could have beat us anyway so they practiced their run offense against us.

MaximumBobcat
October 25th, 2008, 02:07 PM
TD
RIVAS

FIRST PLAY O THE GAME

18 seconds in

7-0 TXST

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 02:10 PM
How'd that happen...? Busy with SHSU/NWST (we're down 7-0 after Lawrence controlled a drive on his own)...

MaximumBobcat
October 25th, 2008, 02:11 PM
76 yard pass for SFA

hahahah...gotta love the defense

1:12 into the game...148 yards of total offense...

tied 7-7

MaximumBobcat
October 25th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Karrington Bush TD

14-7 TxSt

bobcatfan06
October 25th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Karrington Bush TD

14-7 TxSt

I luvs me some KB. That boy is a beast.

MaximumBobcat
October 25th, 2008, 02:29 PM
FG Cats

17-7

bobcatfan06
October 25th, 2008, 02:30 PM
SFA might have the worst uniforms in the history of football.

bobcatfan06
October 25th, 2008, 02:34 PM
And SFA punts again...2 in a row.

And of course EJ LeBlanc promptly fumbles, but luckily the Bobcats recover. WTF is wrong with LeBlanc? He does not need to be returning punts, because he dove for one and just fumbled that one.

MaximumBobcat
October 25th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Cats D have held the Jacks twice this game...

Cats driving...

jacks jump offsides, free play...25 yd pass to luke is good.

bobcatfan06
October 25th, 2008, 02:39 PM
24-7 Cats on a QB Draw by Toon with George out to the right.

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 02:44 PM
As Max and I discussed in KatFans chat...that lead is not safe by any stretch. Would say the same if SFA had the lead...this game is going to be wild!

NWST 14-3 if you wondered..

MaximumBobcat
October 25th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Cats D just held em again...wow

MaximumBobcat
October 25th, 2008, 02:46 PM
due to LeBlanc mishandling two punts earlier, CAMERON LUKE is back receiving punts...weird.

MaximumBobcat
October 25th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Rivas just had TD called back...cats driving...start of the 2nd q

HPCAT
October 25th, 2008, 02:55 PM
George is 9 for 12 for about 180 yards in the 1st QTR.

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 02:57 PM
George is 9 for 12 for about 180 yards in the 1st QTR.

Sounds like 2008 SLC Football... xnodx

MaximumBobcat
October 25th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Cats gt a FG

Jacks score a TD

27-14

HPCAT
October 25th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Rivas is a little stud he already has over 100 yards receiving, and only a true FR.

HPCAT
October 25th, 2008, 03:09 PM
4th down TD from George to Luke.

Bobcats lead 34-14.

MaximumBobcat
October 25th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Cats D hold again... xnodx

MaximumBobcat
October 25th, 2008, 03:26 PM
41-14 TD LUKE

MaximumBobcat
October 25th, 2008, 03:41 PM
41-14 HALF

HPCAT
October 25th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Luke sets SLC receiving TD record and single season TXST TD record.

George 19 of 27 for 298 yards and 3 TDs, with Luke having 100 and Rivas 147.

Bush has 98 and should continue his streak of 100 yard games.

TXST offense has 425 yards at half vs. 171 for SFA.

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Luke sets SLC receiving TD record and single season TXST TD record.

SHSU holds down spots #2 and a tie at #3 (with a Jax St WR). Single-season SLC mark is 17, I believe...

MaximumBobcat
October 25th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Cats D hold on a 4th down attempt on the Jack's opening drive of the 3rd

MaximumBobcat
October 25th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Cats score on first position

9:50 to play in 3rd

48-14 Texas State

McNeese75
October 25th, 2008, 04:15 PM
This is turning into a real woodshed event xnodx

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 04:17 PM
TXST is not too far away from being in the driver's seat in this league...

MaximumBobcat
October 25th, 2008, 04:23 PM
TD...Rivas with a huge catch in stride

55-14

HPCAT
October 25th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Rivas approaching 200 receiving and George 400 passing, and TXST 600 yards offense.

bobcathusband
October 25th, 2008, 04:37 PM
TXST is not too far away from being in the driver's seat in this league...

I would say UCA is in the driver's seat in this league for the championship. The SLC has egg all over it's face for letting UCA in. Division II newcomer wins conference in 2nd year. How bad is this conference?

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 04:39 PM
I would say UCA is in the driver's seat in this league for the championship. The SLC has egg all over it's face for letting UCA in. Division II newcomer wins conference in 2nd year. How bad is this conference?

UCA is an explosive program...they've not only beaten teams in our conference, but those from other conferences at this level. Don't hate on them and the SLC...

The automatic bid is what matters most. Sure, you guys may not win the SLC title at the end of the year and deservingly so, but all that matters for the Bobcats is that AQ, because you folks may be able to put the $$$ to play at home and if anything, helps you guys out with that FBS "situation"...

MaximumBobcat
October 25th, 2008, 04:39 PM
TD Cats

62-14, nearing end of 3rd.

MaximumBobcat
October 25th, 2008, 05:23 PM
62-21 TXST

FINAL

slycat
October 25th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Nice win by the Bobcats. We are now 3-1 on the road. Defense looked better today, although Moses threw some really crappy passes. I'm looking forward to next week.

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Much different tune in San Marcos...

Seems like that Southern Utah loss is far ago in the distance...too bad you guys lost to SUU and McN had that CP game scratched, we could've had two teams in the dance...

slycat
October 25th, 2008, 06:11 PM

Seems like that Southern Utah loss is far ago in the distance...too bad you guys lost to SUU and McN had that CP game scratched, we could've had two teams in the dance...

I'll try not get too excited yet. The SUU loss hurts but it was made up for by the McNeese win.

JohnStOnge
October 25th, 2008, 07:01 PM

I'm not saying I want it to happen but if both teams go unbeaten the rest of the way the Southland could still have two teams in.

On the game: I'm not TOO surprised that Texas State's offense did so well but I AM surprised that Stephen F. Austin's offense didn't do better.

Bobcat94
October 25th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I never thought I would say this, but Texas State plays better on the road than they do at home.... The offense looked about as good as they did in '05 and they will be loaded next year as well. If and that is a big IF the defense can play some ball the rest of the way, watch out....I'd love to eat crow from my thoughts just a few weeks ago.....:D

gokats85
October 25th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Congrats Bobcats. Yeah, we're rivals and all, but I really love seeing SFA lose!xthumbsupx

slycat
October 25th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Congrats Bobcats. Yeah, we're rivals and all, but I really love seeing SFA lose!xthumbsupx

Now we need y'all to return the favor next week.xthumbsupx

Cat79
October 26th, 2008, 12:33 AM

Texas Terror

You are an absolute joke. You built up Sam Houston this year and put down Texas State. How do you like us now clown? Texas State 62 SFA 21

TexasTerror
October 26th, 2008, 09:02 AM
You are an absolute joke. You built up Sam Houston this year and put down Texas State. How do you like us now clown? Texas State 62 SFA 21

Cat79 -- please check your reading comprehension at the door and actually read my writing. Figure you'd like to go Down South and acknowledge that I've given much more credibility to the TXST football program than I've lent to my own.

Sure, what I say on here may be a bit different, but when I step back and into an objective state of being, I've given your program a fairly decent rub...but guess, you are missing out...xnonono2x

KleinTx05
October 26th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Cat79 -- please check your reading comprehension at the door and actually read my writing. Figure you'd like to go Down South and acknowledge that I've given much more credibility to the TXST football program than I've lent to my own.

Sure, what I say on here may be a bit different, but when I step back and into an objective state of being, I've given your program a fairly decent rub...but guess, you are missing out...xnonono2x

I agree with Cat79 ...TT yeah you on the bandwagon because we are winning ...Just like i said on here b4 SAM HOUSTON IS OVERRATED and has been OVERRATED for two yrs!!! The Kats are living off of Rhetts image. Much respect to him ... Rhett is a gamer by all means. Keep picking against us...downing us at every turn like you have been all season. WE LOVE IT!!! ...Only one thing that matters and thats WINNNING!!!xthumbsupx ...something Sam is NOT doin. Stick with your guns, your team, and Keep talking your xblahblahx about Texas State ... dont jump on the Texas State-San Marcos Maroon/Gold wagon xnonox ...theres NO ROOM for losers xbandwagonx(ie Sam Houston-Prisonville) After the season, when you have nothing else to do in Huntsville, You and Pat-izzle can crack open a cold one xbeerchugx and watch the Bobcat Pre-game together ... when you throw your ALL WHITE Southland Playoff party xlolx ...cause even you know SAM IS DONE!!! xviolinx

TexasTerror
October 26th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Not much reading comprehension in BobcatLand...Klein, you ever read my writing?

I've already said that I'd be one of the first in line to cast an All-American ballot for Cameron Luke, have plugged K. Bush for Off POTY and even have the Bobcats in my top 25 ballot for AGS and TSN... :)

bobcathusband
October 26th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I never thought I would say this, but Texas State plays better on the road than they do at home.... The offense looked about as good as they did in '05 and they will be loaded next year as well. If and that is a big IF the defense can play some ball the rest of the way, watch out....I'd love to eat crow from my thoughts just a few weeks ago.....:D

I never thought I'd say this but the defense actually plays better against the pass now than the run. I'd like to see this team win out the conference...but I'm cautious of another disappointment on the SLC remaining schedule. If we do make the playoffs teams with bigger backs and mobile quarterbacks are going to give this defense fits just like SUU and UCA did. If they stop either one of those it will be a first for this season.

KleinTx05
October 26th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Not much reading comprehension in BobcatLand...Klein, you ever read my writing?

I've already said that I'd be one of the first in line to cast an All-American ballot for Cameron Luke, have plugged K. Bush for Off POTY and even have the Bobcats in my top 25 ballot for AGS and TSN... :)

Yeah i read ALOT of your nonsense ... Most bandwagon fans ARE the 1st in line. xcoffeex

bobcathusband
October 26th, 2008, 08:43 PM
The Kats are living off of Rhetts image. Much respect to him ... Rhett is a gamer by all means.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say RB actually ruined Sam Houston's program for the last 2 years and for the future. SH was foolish enough to take the bait. After the scandal broke I remember Stoops basically said on the Jim Rome Show he was relieved to see Bomar go and there were lots of things going on with Bomar that were not good for the program even before the car dealer scandal surfaced. I also worked with a guy who graduated with Bomar at Grand Prairie and he said after the OU story broke he wasn't surprised at all. Thing is most people never change and SH took a huge gamble. Maybe RB put a good face on for a while and put up some numbers at SH but who knows what really has gone on behind the scenes the last couple of years with team chemistry.

TexasTerror
October 26th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Yeah i read ALOT of your nonsense ... Most bandwagon fans ARE the 1st in line. xcoffeex

I'm a Bearkat fan full and through, will root them on til the end. But, we're talking about playoffs and we need the SLC to get some 'W' in the postseason. This is ridiculous the last few years...

MaximumBobcat
October 26th, 2008, 08:54 PM
I'm a Bearkat fan full and through, will root them on til the end. But, we're talking about playoffs and we need the SLC to get some 'W' in the postseason. This is ridiculous the last few years...

Agreed...I've been half-heartedly rooting for the Pokes the past few years...and they shat the bed both times. I'm sick of the SLC getting no respect and will be vehemently cheering for whichever SLC team makes the playoffs this year. I'm just hoping its the Bobcats! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xnodx

bobcatfan06
October 28th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Cat79 and Klein must have been drunk posting again. Cat79 does look like an alcoholic most of the time anyway....

Cat79
October 28th, 2008, 08:45 PM

You have no business talking about me.

I will meet you anytime, anyplace. We will settle this man to man.

KleinTx05
October 28th, 2008, 09:22 PM

You have no business talking about me.

I will meet you anytime, anyplace. We will settle this man to man.

YYEEAAAHH what he said ...i wasnt drunk, that day ...( i dont think)xlolx

Cat79
October 28th, 2008, 11:11 PM

I am waiting on your response. xmadx

bobcatfan06
October 29th, 2008, 04:58 PM

I am waiting on your response. xmadx

Response. xwhistlex

Cat79
October 29th, 2008, 05:23 PM

I expect an apology for your comment. Is this why you got banned from Bobcatfans? I had just got home from coaching three baseball games (shows how much you know) when I posted.