PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs SDSU(IAA game of the week)

FargoBison
November 8th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Last year the Jacks beat the Bison 24-21 on a late 4th quarter drive. This year the game will be at the Fargodome a place that has not been kind to Jacks, SDSU hasn't won a game in Fargo since 1964. This should be a great game with the GWFC's #1 offense(SDSU) vs the GWFC's #1 Defense(NDSU) facing off. I think NDSU will take this game in a close one because of the home crowd and revenge factor.

Rabbitlivinginverm
November 8th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Time to defeat the streak and keep the Dakota Marker in Brookings!

FargoBison
November 9th, 2005, 01:18 AM
Here is Matt Dougherty's pick for the game (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN3988600.htm)
"South Dakota State (5-4) at No. 22 North Dakota State (6-3), 7:00

With each team ineligible for the playoffs until 2008, the Dakota Marker game won’t have much meaning for the next couple of seasons. But the trophy is still an extra incentive for the winner in a rivalry that will probably pick up steam as the teams spend time at the I-AA level. Last year’s result, a 24-21 upset win for the Jackrabbits, also adds some juice to this year’s game. North Dakota State had promise of a very good season in the opening weeks, but a tough schedule took its toll with losses to Montana State, Cal Poly and UC Davis. But the Bison do have some nice wins against Northwestern State and Nicholls State, which is something South Dakota State lacks. The Jackrabbits defeated UC Davis, but only have one other win against a scholarship I-AA team. The schedule was tough for SDSU as well, and the Jackrabbits didn’t play all that well in later games against Texas State or Georgia Southern. North Dakota State should be motivated for Senior Day and to avenge last year’s loss, and the Bison have the better unit on both sides of the ball. That should lead to a Bison victory to take the Dakota Marker to Fargo.

Prediction: North Dakota State 28, South Dakota State 17"

Anybody elses have any predictions or thoughts on the Dakota Marker battle?

CKelly
November 9th, 2005, 10:01 AM
There's no column this week due to vacation - but I disagree with both - SDSU will win a close one this week. Their ability to run the ball pretty much against any defense has been impressive this season. Even with patchwork offensivde lines at times they've dominated good defensive fronts of Cal Poly, UCD, GSU, and even ran well against Texas St (even though they lost big) I don't see that changing this week, even in the hostile confines of the Fargo Dome. They gouge teams for big running yards which will force NDSU to commit eight to the box. As teams have been forced to do this the past couple weeks, safeties have crept up and Josh Davis, with single coverage on the outside, has been the benefactor with big games. I think SDSU can run whether Kardoes or Berry is out there, but beleive they'll score enough to top the Bison in another nailbiter. SDSU 30 NDSU 27

89rabbit
November 9th, 2005, 10:05 AM
What is Matt Dougherty talking about "The schedule was tough for SDSU as well, and the Jackrabbits didn’t play all that well in later games against Texas State or Georgia Southern."?

SDSU hung with Georgia Southern all day. You can ask our Eagle friends who were at the game. The final score was Georgia Southern 55 - SDSU 42. We did that with a RS Freshman at QB, becasue our starter was out with an ankle injury, who threw 3 Ints (he also threw 5 TDs). Texas State spanked us but that is the only game we haven't been in.

2005 SDSU Football Schedule

DATE OPPONENT RESULT
Sept. 3 Wisconsin-La Crosse (Shrine Game) W, 42-13
Sept. 10 Valparaiso (Ind.) (Cereal Bowl) W, 69-6
Sept. 17 Montana at Missoula, Mont. L, 0-7
Sept. 24 *Cal Poly (Beef Bowl) L, 16-24
Oct. 1 Texas State at San Marcos, Texas L, 12-42
Oct. 8 *UC Davis in Sioux Falls, SD W, 16-14
Oct. 15 Open Date
Oct. 22 Missouri-Rolla (Hobo Day) W, 64-28
Oct. 29 Georgia Southern L, 42-55
Nov. 5 *Southern Utah W, 55-7
Nov. 12 *North Dakota State at Fargo, N.D.
Nov. 19 *Northern Colorado
* Great West Football Conference game

NDSU Football - 2005 Schedule/Results

Sep 01 Arkansas-Monticello W, 59-7
Sep 10 Northwestern State at Natchitoches, La. W, 35-7
Sep 17 Weber State W, 41-0
Sep 24 Montana State at Bozeman, Mont. L, 17-20
Oct. 1 Nicholls State W, 26-13
Oct. 8 Cal Poly at San Luis Obispo, CA. L, 6-37
Oct 15 BYE
Oct 22 UC Davis (Homecoming) L, 14-20
Oct 29 Southern Utah at Cedar City, Utah W, 37-21
Nov 05 Northern Colorado (Harvest Bowl) W, 44-0
Nov 12 South Dakota State
Nov 19 Southern Illinois at Carbondale, Ill.

I don't care that he likes the Bison in this game, they should be the favorite, what I don't like is Matt's attempt to make it appear that SDSU is limping into this game and that if we win it will be a huge upset. :nonono2:

I'm with Chris, Jacks by a Parker Douglass FG.

Gil Dobie
November 9th, 2005, 10:46 AM
The way the Bison and Rabbits have been playing this year, I would have to agree with CK And 89Rabbit, that the Rabbits should be favored. That being said, I will be at the Fargodome cheering the underdog Bison on to Victory.

WestRiverBison
November 9th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Interestinmg that SDSU has beaten only two scholarship teams all year.

Jacks99
November 9th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Yes it is an unfortunate schedule this year. However, SDSU has only lost to teams very high in the rankings.

I would expect SDSU to be favored and see NDSU still a bit over-ranked, but not as bad as they were early in the year.

My prediction: more big plays than everyone thinks: 34-31 SDSU

Gil Dobie
November 9th, 2005, 01:23 PM
.... see NDSU still a bit over-ranked, but not as bad as they were early in the year.......

Don't sell yourself short, maybe the Jacks are under-rated.

89rabbit
November 9th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Interestinmg that SDSU has beaten only two scholarship teams all year.

Unlike the Bison, our easy I-AA games are at the end of our schedule (last three weeks). Just kidding. ;)

Jacks99
November 9th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Don't sell yourself short, maybe the Jacks are under-rated.

I can agree with that. But Saturday's results will help with that. :)

Big_BisonFan
November 9th, 2005, 04:39 PM
I am a die hard bison fan, but i can't give either team the edge. This is going to be a great football game though. I think the Bison will be pumped up and ready to take the Marker. SDSU will come in with a little swager. Both teams are coming off impressive wins. I am glad this game is scheduled this late in the season. I bet both teams have been looking forward to this game all season. The border battle should bring both teams best efforts.

It is going to be a dog fight.

FargoBison
November 10th, 2005, 10:27 AM
If anybody was wondering what the Dakota Marker looked like here is a pretty good picture. And you SDSU fans may want to save this picture somewhere because after Saturday it will be a while until you get to see the marker again.

http://www.in-forum.com/gfx/photos/full/200410066-marker.jpg

89rabbit
November 10th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Here of course, is a nice picture of the Jackrabbits celebrating last season.

http://www.argusleader.com/gallery/2004/sdsu_ndsu/images/5.jpg

It will look pretty much the same Saturday night except the Jackrabbits will be wearing their away uniforms. See below.

http://www.uncbearssports.com/images/sdsu-nc-04.jpg

footballer23
November 10th, 2005, 01:26 PM
What's up with the game of the week not being on tv? This is an outrage!

rjacks21
November 10th, 2005, 01:37 PM
I'm planning on watching the webcast of the game from NDSU's website.

Go Jacks :D

WYOBISONMAN
November 11th, 2005, 10:29 AM
What's up with the game of the week not being on tv? This is an outrage!

It is a shame that this classic match wil not be available on TV...... :( :mad: :( :bang:

Jacks99
November 11th, 2005, 10:33 AM

This costs about $8 correct?

Hansel
November 11th, 2005, 10:41 AM
This costs about $8 correct?
Correct

Gil Dobie
November 11th, 2005, 12:28 PM

I'll be at the game with 18,000 of my close personal friends.
Watch for us, we'll be the one's in the Bison logo gear.