PDA

View Full Version : FCS vs Div II or lower - List?

URMite
October 24th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Does anyone have this list?

And are all 5 of these non-counters?
Bryant
Presbyterian
Winston-Salem
NC Central
Central Arkanas

All are listed as reclassifying by the NCAA

Lastly are UND & USD both in no man's land - They are not listed on the FCS page at all

Just wanted to confirm this stuff as I start looking at playoff selection. :o

gophoenix
October 24th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Presbyterian, NC Central, Winston-Salem State, Central Arkansas all count for D-I.

appfan2008
October 24th, 2008, 02:22 PM
i hope we will need to worry about it but i know our win over presby does count as gophoenix stated

URMite
October 24th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks, I had thought so but started to wonder after the NCAA lumped all 5 together.

So maybe there are only 3 first year transition teams Bryant/UND/USD ? or was 2007 the 1st year (non-counter?) year for Bryant?

Trying to see the reasoning at ncaa.org xconfusedx

Col Hogan
October 24th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks, I had thought so but started to wonder after the NCAA lumped all 5 together.

So maybe there are only 3 first year transition teams Bryant/UND/USD ? or was 2007 the 1st year (non-counter?) year for Bryant?

Trying to see the reasoning at ncaa.org xconfusedx

Hope you can find the true answer about Bryant...I've been asking the questions and got both yes, they count...and no, they don't count...

And since we play them tomorrow...it is critical that they count or we can pretty much figure UMass ain't going to be in the playoffs...

URMite
October 24th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Still not sure but ncaa.org is listing Bryant with the 4 transitional counters and still listing USD/UND as Div II so maybe they are the only non-counters. Could Bryant have found a way to count 2007 as the non-counter year? xoopsx xoopsx xconfusedx