PDA

View Full Version : Montana better not be looking ahead

Ronbo
October 24th, 2008, 11:08 AM
To the NAU game at home next week.

Don't be very surprised if this game tomorrow with Northern Colorado is a lot closer than many of you think it will be. Look at what these guys have done. Yeah, they're 1-5 but could have easily been 5-1 also. They have lost 4 games by a total of 17 points. And look at the teams they lost to in FCS, they have a combined record of 20-11. Anyone that thinks this will be an easy game needs to re-think about it.xeyebrowx xrulesx

9/06 @ Purdue 0-1 (0-0) L 42-10
9/20 Texas State 0-2 (0-0) L 38-35
9/27 Northern Arizona 0-3 (0-1) L 25-22
10/04 @ UC Davis 0-4 (0-1) L 34-30
10/11 Idaho State 1-4 (1-1) W 29-9
10/18 @ Weber State 1-5 (1-2) L 17-10

AZGrizFan
October 24th, 2008, 11:12 AM
To the NAU game at home next week.

Don't be very surprised if this game tomorrow with Northern Colorado is a lot closer than many of you think it will be. Look at what these guys have done. Yeah, they're 1-5 but could have easily been 5-1 also. They have lost 4 games by a total of 17 points. And look at the teams they lost to in FCS, they have a combined record of 20-11. Anyone that thinks this will be an easy game needs to re-think about it.xeyebrowx xrulesx

9/06 @ Purdue 0-1 (0-0) L 42-10
9/20 Texas State 0-2 (0-0) L 38-35
9/27 Northern Arizona 0-3 (0-1) L 25-22
10/04 @ UC Davis 0-4 (0-1) L 34-30
10/11 Idaho State 1-4 (1-1) W 29-9
10/18 @ Weber State 1-5 (1-2) L 17-10

I predict 38-10. :) :)

Wolfman
October 24th, 2008, 11:14 AM
I agree. As one former college coach stated "no matter how hard you try to convince kids to get up for a game which should be an easy win, it never works". If the Griz, being on the road, don't bring their "A-game", they could be in for a big surprise. The road is the great equalizer.

AZGrizFan
October 24th, 2008, 11:15 AM
I agree. As one former college coach stated "no matter how hard you try to convince kids to get up for a game which should be an easy win, it never works". If the Griz, being on the road, don't bring their "A-game", they could be in for a big surprise. The road is the great equalizer.

And UNC is one of the top three teams in the Western US, right? ;) ;)

AshevilleApp2
October 24th, 2008, 11:21 AM
And UNC is one of the top three teams in the Western US, right? ;) ;)

Is there more than three teams out west? xconfusedx

AZGrizFan
October 24th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Is there more than three teams out west? xconfusedx

Pay no attention, East-coast boy. I'm tryin' to get a rise outta Wolfboy. Move along... xeyebrowx

AshevilleApp2
October 24th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Pay no attention, East-coast boy. I'm tryin' to get a rise outta Wolfboy. Move along... xeyebrowx

xlolx Carry on..

Ronbo
October 24th, 2008, 11:26 AM
They need to be VERY careful. This is a classic trap game. A very good team that has played a brutal schedule and barely lost in most with victory being snatched away in the final seconds. It makes a team very hungry and dangerous. Also you have a very young Griz team coming in. No matter what the Coaches say will these young inexperienced guys take the Bears lightly? God, I hope not. Then you have the proverbial target that is on our backs. It is said to be the biggest game of the year for everyone in the Sky.

The stars are lined up for the perfect TRAP GAME.

grizband
October 24th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Lou Holtz was the master of downplaying his teams' success, and lauding any accomplishments by the opponent, in an effort to keep his kids grounded. I agree, that while Montana should win this game, they cannot not overlook this game en route to NAU.

AZGrizFan
October 24th, 2008, 11:30 AM
They need to be VERY careful. This is a classic trap game. A very good team that has played a brutal schedule and barely lost in most with victory being snatched away in the final seconds. It makes a team very hungry and dangerous. Also you have a very young Griz team coming in. No matter what the Coaches say will these young inexperienced guys take the Bears lightly? God, I hope not. Then you have the perverbial target that is on our backs. It is said to be the biggest game of the year for everyone in the Sky.

You mean, like Weber almost got trapped while looking ahead to NAU? ;) ;)

ncbears
October 24th, 2008, 11:39 AM
I don't think we have the horses to pull this one off this year. But Ronbo is correct. We lost three straight games at the very last second and could easily be 5-1. I say 28-10, Griz.

appfan2008
October 24th, 2008, 12:17 PM
They need to be VERY careful. This is a classic trap game. A very good team that has played a brutal schedule and barely lost in most with victory being snatched away in the final seconds. It makes a team very hungry and dangerous. Also you have a very young Griz team coming in. No matter what the Coaches say will these young inexperienced guys take the Bears lightly? God, I hope not. Then you have the proverbial target that is on our backs. It is said to be the biggest game of the year for everyone in the Sky.

GSU used to have that problem in the socon but now ASU is getting a pretty good taste of that medicine

Grizzaholic
October 24th, 2008, 12:20 PM
GSU used to have that problem in the socon but now ASU is getting a pretty good taste of that medicine

GSU??? Aren't they that HS team from down the road?

appfan2008
October 24th, 2008, 12:23 PM
GSU??? Aren't they that HS team from down the road?

yeah the one that has 6 national titles 3x as many as the griz...

i cant believe i am defending them but it is true

Grizaholic17
October 24th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I have posted over and over again that the score in that Weber State game shocked me. Weber State is a quality playoff caliber team. They only beat UNC 17-10. That is an impressive feat by UNC
Look for this game to be scary in the first half for the Griz, but I predict we will pull away in the second half.

appfan2008
October 24th, 2008, 12:27 PM
I have posted over and over again that the score in that Weber State game shocked me. Weber State is a quality playoff caliber team. They only beat UNC 17-10. That is an impressive feat by UNC
Look for this game to be scary in the first half for the Griz, but I predict we will pull away in the second half.

yes but the griz will probably win by 2 touchdowns but they wont score 50 like another thread implies...

Grizzaholic
October 24th, 2008, 12:28 PM
yes but the griz will probably win by 2 touchdowns but they wont score 50 like another thread implies...

xnodx xnodx xnodx The game will be closer than most think.

already123
October 24th, 2008, 12:38 PM
no team can afford to look forward to the next week...this conference is pretty solid