PDA

View Full Version : SIU vs. UNI Predictions

UNI MadCat
November 8th, 2005, 12:58 PM
I dont see a thread on this yet so...

UNI 31
SIU 27

Many more thoughts on this game but gotta run to a meeting.

Discuss.

igo4uni
November 8th, 2005, 02:11 PM
SIU hasn't won in the Fabulous UNI-Dome in the last 9 tries.

They are a good team. Should be a great game. UNI is really pushing to get a lot of butts in the seats.

Fill the UNI-Dome (http://unipanthers.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/110705aae.html)

peace

igo4uni

nmatsen
November 8th, 2005, 02:25 PM
This will be a great game, the reason I like UNI so much in this game other than the obvious (SIU+UNIDome = Bad) is the fact that UNI is really taking care of the football and their defense is playing so tough right now. The virtually shut down YSU and WKU, 7 and 10 points respectively(within regulation anyway)

UNI Rolls, SIU gets score late:

UNI 35
SIU 21

FlyYtown
November 8th, 2005, 02:39 PM
SIU leads the NATION in Offense.... NO DIFFERENCE SATURDAY. They get their average of 30 and more.

SIU 35
UNI 27

LacesOut
November 8th, 2005, 02:51 PM
This might be a game I would want to see. If it was outside a Dome, that is.

nmatsen
November 8th, 2005, 03:16 PM
SIU leads the NATION in Offense.... NO DIFFERENCE SATURDAY. They get their average of 30 and more.

SIU 35
UNI 27

Maybe if we (UNI) would have scheduled a 3-6 NAIA School (Union College) to put up 82 on like SIU did we would be leading the country in Offense.

It just cracks me up how much everyone in the GFC hates UNI. Are you all that Jealous? Even 4 weeks ago when I said we would win the conference you all laughed, now we will. I don't see the Saluki's talking any smack, they know what they're in for!

By the way, what was your average before we held you guys to 7 points, hell, it took WKU two overtimes to get close to their average!

siugrad99
November 8th, 2005, 04:19 PM
What a minute ? I have been sat back and watched the new UNI fans to AGS run their mouth for a few days, but the comments your making today have got me to finally post on the subject. Don't go talking about SIU fans knowing what they are in for as last time I looked UNI lost to SIU (2004). You fans act as if SIU is going to roll over and let you, well come on and get realistic. Since your so in love with 2 years ago then lets call it like it was. SIU had a 21 point lead at half and blew it to you with less than 1 minute to play. Honestly if SIU had 15-20 more seconds on the clock we might not even be talking about our inability to win in the dome. Not making excuses for the loss at all just stating fact that SIU was driving and ran out of time. SIU fans are not talking because to be honest what more is there to say? UNI & SIU have both put themselves into a position to represent the gateway in the playoffs and that awesome. We know we have trouble in the dome and we know your QB is solid there is no sense coming here looking to start arguments by talking smack or staring a pissing contest. Seems you might be wanting to do so with yoru comments about our game vs. Union which has been discussed to death oh say... 2 months ago. Seems to me UNI played a non scholarship 1AA program as well as D2 Minnesota Duluth (yes I know 8-3 in D2 congrats to them) so please don't start with that crap. You won't find true SIU fans on here trying to discredit what UNI has accomplished, we respect UNI and their program. This will be an awesome game, I dont' expect either team to run away from the other. I'd ask maybe you would join most of the other UNI fans in doing the same for SIU and theirs.

UNI MadCat
November 8th, 2005, 04:28 PM
I dont know if we're all as "new" as it seems. Can't speak for everyone I guess but, on the old board I had over 400 posts and then once back here, for some reason, my name wouldn't register so I had to start over. I'm not exactly new here as I've been frequenting for almost 3 seasons now, I just dont happen to post all the time.

As for the actual meat of your post... I think you are right. Lets not turn this into a Western Illinois vs. UNI argument thread that causes a shut down like what happened in 2001 on the old Gateway board!!! What a shame that was as that board had some passionate Gateway football fans and its never really returned to its full extent.

I for one, am just extremely pumped about this game. I can hardly contain it... just wish I could go!!! :mad:

Cap'n Cat
November 8th, 2005, 04:28 PM
You silly *****ers can argue about schedules, but here me now, as I was right with the Youngstown game, so will Cap'n Cat be right re: SIU.

They ain't got what it takes to win at CF. They know it.

UNI 34
SIU 20

Now, just sit back and take yer beatin' houndheads.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

nmatsen
November 8th, 2005, 04:32 PM
SIUGRAD;
Sorry, I probably should have chosen my words a little better. I did not want to dis-credit your accomplishment or your schedule as I know we had our share of cupcakes as well. I most definitly was not insinuating that you are not talking about the game due to the fact that you know you are going to lose. Not my intentions at all. What I meant was that you show respect for our team unlike others. I am very much so looking forward to what should be an epic battle between the two teams who have placed themselves in a position to be one of the best two teams in the GFC. I found it funny that people are chiming in and all of them are picking SIU with no credible reasons. UNI should win this game given the past history of UNI vs SIU in the dome, that does not mean that SIU will roll over for us or even lose, they might win! Who knows? I hope you accept my make shift apology and I look forwad to a great week on AGS followed by a great game. Will the game be televised back in Carbondale?

Cap'n Cat
November 8th, 2005, 04:35 PM
SIUGRAD;
Sorry, I probably should have chosen my words a little better. I did not want to dis-credit your accomplishment or your schedule as I know we had our share of cupcakes as well. I most definitly was not insinuating that you are not talking about the game due to the fact that you know you are going to lose. Not my intentions at all. What I meant was that you show respect for our team unlike others. I am very much so looking forward to what should be an epic battle between the two teams who have placed themselves in a position to be one of the best two teams in the GFC. I found it funny that people are chiming in and all of them are picking SIU with no credible reasons. UNI should win this game given the past history of UNI vs SIU in the dome, that does not mean that SIU will roll over for us or even lose, they might win! Who knows? I hope you accept my make shift apology and I look forwad to a great week on AGS followed by a great game. Will the game be televised back in Carbondale?

Mattie,
Don't apologize to them. Look at their skeddy the past coupla years. An absolute shame.

:mad:

siugrad99
November 8th, 2005, 04:36 PM
UNI I wasn't referring to you at all. I think you have been very objective in yoru comments and I respect that. I see Capn decided to join us to spew his venom as usual (what a surprise) I will be shocked to see SIU held under 30 points Saturday, does that mean we don't give up 45... no, but I can see us not being able to score. I have predicted all along a SIU lose for this game. I love my salukis, but I also am realistic about how we've played against UNI especially at the dome. I know our seniors are really excited about this game since they don't want to graduate without winning in the Dome, but unfortunately I don't see that happnening as UNI is just to tough at home. You have the right to post whatever you feel about the game, all I ask as is put some honest thought and information into your posts rather then just typing from your heart. Best of luck to UNI, I know you'll be ready as will my Salukis. Just hoping we have the chance to redeem ourselves for our last visit. Look forward to intelligent & insiteful game chat.

nmatsen
November 8th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Mattie,
Don't apologize to them. Look at their skeddy the past coupla years. An absolute shame.

:mad:

Cap'n
Can Mr. Rothchild and myself expect you in C.F. Saturday? Its Jeg from over at PNation, I too last season had Jegbomb52 here and could not sign in as such this fall so had to start over.

Cap'n Cat
November 8th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Cap'n
Can Mr. Rothchild and myself expect you in C.F. Saturday? Its Jeg from over at PNation, I too last season had Jegbomb52 here and could not sign in as such this fall so had to start over.

Yes, Mr. M, Cap'n Cat will be there. I have Reed's cell number - we'll hook up.

You gonna make it up?

UNI MadCat
November 8th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Don't go talking about SIU fans knowing what they are in for as last time I looked UNI lost to SIU (2004). You fans act as if SIU is going to roll over and let you, well come on and get realistic. Since your so in love with 2 years ago then lets call it like it was. SIU had a 21 point lead at half and blew it to you with less than 1 minute to play. Honestly if SIU had 15-20 more seconds on the clock we might not even be talking about our inability to win in the dome. Not making excuses for the loss at all just stating fact that SIU was driving and ran out of time.

But, in fairness... lets not forget that last year UNI blew a 20 point lead and then fought back to within 40-36 and drove down to the SIU 20 with 20 seconds left. Sanders, seeing his first real collegiate game action starting in the 2nd half after Petrie was knocked out for the year, played gutsy (albeit mistake-filled) ball and almost won the game. Now, in no way do I think UNI deserved to win the game, but, we could make the same argument as it was a VERY similar scenario to the win for UNI in '03.

In all honesty, I think it was a classic case of two great teams and maybe just the sheer law of averages. I expect the total opposite of the last two years and instead expect the two teams to keep it within 10 points the whole game.

Cap'n Cat
November 8th, 2005, 04:43 PM
I see Capn decided to join us to spew his venom as usual (what a surprise)

Love you, too, cookie puss!!!!

http://www.anniescostumes.com/4549.jpg

Come to UNI, go to the tailgater and see the "venom" Cap'n Cat spews. Probably never meet a nicer guy.

siugrad99
November 8th, 2005, 04:44 PM
All good my friend, I appreciate your comments and look forward to amazing game Saturday. Best case for the Gateway is a SIU loss ( assuming SIU coud then win the following week) but as a Saluki fan I would love for us to win and use next week as a tune up for the playoffs. Will be fun to listen to ! :)

As for Capn i'm sure he's just a big teddybear, unfortunately that hates my Dawgs :) Nothing but love Capn, just wish as a Saluki fan we had a leg to stand one when it comes to our history in Cedar Falls (football & basketball)

:)

Cap'n Cat
November 8th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by siugrad99:

Don't go talking about SIU fans knowing what they are in for as last time I looked UNI lost to SIU (2004). You fans act as if SIU is going to roll over and let you, well come on and get realistic. Since your so in love with 2 years ago then lets call it like it was. SIU had a 21 point lead at half and blew it to you with less than 1 minute to play. Honestly if SIU had 15-20 more seconds on the clock we might not even be talking about our inability to win in the dome. Not making excuses for the loss at all just stating fact that SIU was driving and ran out of time."

No, you ARE making excuses. You lost. Period. Forever a big, fat "L" in your media guides.

Following your logic, UNI woulda won last year, had Petrie not been hurt.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cap'n Cat
November 8th, 2005, 04:47 PM
All good my friend, I appreciate your comments and look forward to amazing game Saturday. Best case for the Gateway is a SIU loss ( assuming SIU coud then win the following week) but as a Saluki fan I would love for us to win and use next week as a tune up for the playoffs. Will be fun to listen to ! :)

As for Capn i'm sure he's just a big teddybear, unfortunately that hates my Dawgs :) Nothing but love Capn, just wish as a Saluki fan we had a leg to stand one when it comes to our history in Cedar Falls (football & basketball)

:)

I don't hate SIU. Sister Cat is an alum.

FlyYtown
November 8th, 2005, 05:01 PM
All of you UNI Fans are absolute Jerks. You have won nothing at all yet; you act like you own this Conference. SIU IMHO as well as SIUGrad's is the better team. We have room to argue; they lead the Nation in Offense EVEN VS. YSU AND WKU AND ISU when they lost....

SIU Wins with 30+ Like I stated before. And this criticism by you best stop; because I don't want to hear you guys next week.

nmatsen
November 8th, 2005, 05:14 PM
All of you UNI Fans are absolute Jerks. You have won nothing at all yet; you act like you own this Conference. SIU IMHO as well as SIUGrad's is the better team. We have room to argue; they lead the Nation in Offense EVEN VS. YSU AND WKU AND ISU when they lost....

SIU Wins with 30+ Like I stated before. And this criticism by you best stop; because I don't want to hear you guys next week.

Flytown,
I don't see any UNI people going around saying anyone else are Jerks, thats just you. As far as this conference is concerned we do own it, does anyone have half the arches we got in our trophy case? Hell, even the last N.C. you guys have we won the conference. In 02' WKU didn't even win our conference. We've won 11 of 20 and i'd bet you a 100 spot right now that it will be 15 of 25! What happened to your fans saying we WILL start 7-1, you had not started 7-1 yet that did not stop YSU fans from posting it did it?Granted you did start 7-1 so good for you but you made a prediction boldly and now I am doing the same! WE WILL WIN THE GFC BY BEATING SIU ON SATURDAY! If I am a jerk I so be it, at least i'll be a jerk watching football at the end of this month! If anyone should know about the odds of winning in the dome it should be you Flytown!

crunifan
November 8th, 2005, 05:15 PM

You might want to rethink your statement.

FlyYtown
November 8th, 2005, 05:21 PM
What happened to your fans saying we WILL start 7-1, you had not started 7-1 yet that did not stop YSU fans from posting it did it?Granted you did start 7-1 so good for you but you made a prediction boldly and now I am doing the same!

Don't start on us YSU Fans; we were dead on with out 7-1 predictions and if you look in the archives of this board; I stated we'd probably end 8-3; and ask any WKU Fan; I said this is the game I bet we will win.

And you own it.. ROFLMFAO.... Where is your Title in the NCAA?

MiloCat
November 8th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Don't start on us YSU Fans; we were dead on with out 7-1 predictions and if you look in the archives of this board; I stated we'd probably end 8-3; and ask any WKU Fan; I said this is the game I bet we will win.

Since when does winning the NCAA Title have anything to do with a Conference title?
11 out of 20, so historically, UNI has owned the conference.

It also goes through the Dome this year, which should be a great game.

nmatsen
November 8th, 2005, 05:30 PM

Ok, You said you would start 7-1 before you started 7-1. You were right!
Ok, You then said you would finish 8-3, you still don't have 8 wins! You are saying you will win this Saturday, I am saying we will win this Saturday, how does that make me a jerk?

FlyYtown
November 8th, 2005, 05:36 PM
I am not saying we will win Saturday; I'm hoping that we win but we have NEVER Beat WKU EVER Since they joined the Gateway. We need a big crowd for a win.. I think we get it with sunny skies and 60 degree temps...

GO PENGUINS

MiloCat
November 8th, 2005, 05:46 PM
I stated we'd probably end 8-3; and ask any WKU Fan; I said this is the game I bet we will win.

I'm not saying we will win Saturday

keep trying.... :confused:

Cap'n Cat
November 8th, 2005, 08:15 PM

All of you UNI Fans are absolute Jerks.
....coming from a guy who's been banned here at least once......LMAO!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

LMFatAO!!!!!!!!!

Last gasps of a drowning team's fan............

:nod: :nod: :nod: xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Is your dad biggger than OURS, too?????

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

LMFatAO @ YSU playoff chances this year, too! Try again next year (a familiar refrain).

And, yes, as a MOFF, we DO own the conference!!!

Yer killin' me!!!!!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Reed Rothchild
November 8th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Yes, Mr. M, Cap'n Cat will be there. I have Reed's cell number - we'll hook up.

You gonna make it up?

Promise you'll be there? Last time I heard that I didn't from you for a month. :eek:

Cap'n Cat
November 8th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Promise you'll be there? Last time I heard that I didn't from you for a month. :eek:

Got you as a numero uno contact on my celly, your Reedness. Will not miss this opportunity to watch FlyBoy squirm as he did in that UNI/YSU thread. God, that musta hurt!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'll call Friday afternoon. Will probably be runningn down Sat morn. When's KO?

Cap'n Cat
November 8th, 2005, 08:29 PM
I am not saying we will win Saturday; I'm hoping that we win but we have NEVER Beat WKU EVER Since they joined the Gateway. We need a big crowd for a win.. I think we get it with sunny skies and 60 degree temps...

GO PENGUINS

WKU 67
YSU 5

...just exercising my right as an arrogant jerk from one of the three elite teams in the Gateway to bash on a perennial also-ran with four dusty trophies in a janitor's closet....

Reed Rothchild
November 8th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Got you as a numero uno contact on my celly, your Reedness. Will not miss this opportunity to watch FlyBoy squirm as he did in that UNI/YSU thread. God, that musta hurt!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'll call Friday afternoon. Will probably be runningn down Sat morn. When's KO?

5 pm sharp. Me and Matsen will be there at noon. Can't wait!

siugrad99
November 8th, 2005, 08:52 PM
I'd love to sa I could make it, but Iowa is a bit far for a one day trip :) Will be glued to the internet Gametracker with fingers and toes crossed ;)

crunifan
November 8th, 2005, 09:25 PM
I'd love to sa I could make it, but Iowa is a bit far for a one day trip :) Will be glued to the internet Gametracker with fingers and toes crossed ;)

Yeah, that's too bad. I hear they have over 12,000 tickets sold and considering students get in free with no ticket and walk-ins, this game is shaping up to be huge. I am interested in seeing how many SIU fans make the trip up here. I have a feeling it will be a lot more than any other team this year, and I hope so too. It adds to the enviornment!

ysubigred
November 8th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Good luck SIU GFC champs once again :) Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people.

34-21 SIU

Chi Panther
November 8th, 2005, 10:55 PM
5 pm sharp. Me and Matsen will be there at noon. Can't wait!

I'll be back with Mountain Panther and some other buddies.....let me know where y'all be either here or at Panther Nation.......

ysubigred
November 9th, 2005, 07:02 AM
WKU 67
YSU 5

...just exercising my right as an arrogant jerk from one of the three elite teams in the Gateway to bash on a perennial also-ran with four dusty trophies in a janitor's closet....

Damn Cap'n!! What Penguin used your litter box :confused:

nmatsen
November 9th, 2005, 08:07 AM

GO PENGUINS

Thats funny, you have not beaten UNI since WKU has joined the Gateway either. Who are all of your wins coming against anyway, Slippery Rock? ;) ;)

wkuhillhound
November 9th, 2005, 09:37 AM
WKU 67
YSU 5

In many of my dreams that would be the score but I also thought the same thing about Illinois State/Southern Illinois. Everyone knows how that turned out.

ISUMatt
November 9th, 2005, 11:41 AM
I like all you GFC guys but for the sake if ILSU chances I HAVE to say...

SIU 38
UNI 37

and...

WKU 21
YSU 20

This may not reflect what I think will happen, but its what the Birds NEED to happen
Good Luck everyone, should be a great game !!!

Cap'n Cat
November 9th, 2005, 07:00 PM
I like all you GFC guys but for the sake if ILSU chances I HAVE to say...

SIU 38
UNI 37

and...

WKU 21
YSU 20

This may not reflect what I think will happen, but its what the Birds NEED to happen
Good Luck everyone, should be a great game !!!

Puss.

:D :D :D :D :p :p :p

Saluki_man
November 9th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Even though SIU wants to leave Cedar Falls with a monster W and the title. I don't think SIU can pull this one off. Close game but UNI pulls off a GW FG to win it at the gun.

UNI 37
SIU 35

Oh by the way SIU will win the last game vs NDSU to get into the playoffs. Tough game but SIU will be able to pull this one off at home.

igo4uni
November 9th, 2005, 08:26 PM
UNI 37
SIU 35

Bless your heart.

peace

igo4uni

Mountain Panther
November 9th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Even though SIU wants to leave Cedar Falls with a monster W and the title. I don't think SIU can pull this one off. Close game but UNI pulls off a GW FG to win it at the gun.

UNI 37
SIU 35

Oh by the way SIU will win the last game vs NDSU to get into the playoffs. Tough game but SIU will be able to pull this one off at home.

HEAD GAMES! :bang:

Cap'n Cat
November 9th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Open tailgate invite to all SIU fans traversing to the UNI-Dome on Saturday.

At roughly 1:00 pm, Cap'n Cat will be in the parking lot just west of the Dome and a little to the south of the SW entrance with a 20 foot flagpole flying a UNI Panthers flag, attached to a black Ford SuperCrew with Michigan plates. Look for tall, handsome dude in a Cap'n Cat game jersey.

As in 2003, the first Saluki fan to show up and mention this invite gets a brand spankin'-ass new UNI hat for their Gateway collection. Gave away one in 2003 to some young Dawg follower who said he would cherish it forever.

Probably be puttin' down Budweisers and Leinenkugels with "oldputtytat", "Pantherpower", "igo4uni", "Reed Rothchild", "ralph" and "D1B' from AGS, among others.

Hope to see the Saluki faithful there.

:D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

BTW, Cap'n Cat's "Kittens" will be there, serving beer and tins of Fancy Feast:

http://www.kenkomachi.com/animecon/Katsucon01/catgirls.jpg
"Yeah, you're cute, but are you worthy enough to tailgate with His Cap'n-ness?"

:D :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

rabidsaluki
November 9th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Damn Cap'n I might just change my plans for the "Kittens"

(Everytime you masturbate, God kills a kitten!)

http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Cats/AliensT.jpg

http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Cats/Emotions.jpg

Saluki_man
November 9th, 2005, 09:26 PM
I said at the begining of the year SIU would lose this game, but I also said that we would lose the WKU game. UNI has always had our number and that stupid dome has been the reason. The one thing that really scares me is the passing attack for UNI. IF SIU overcomes that, they win. Unfortunatly I see UNI putting up close to 400 yards in passing on Saturday. That is why UNI will win this game. Although I hope I am wrong.

JCPanthers
November 9th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Open tailgate invite to all SIU fans traversing to the UNI-Dome on Saturday.

At roughly 1:00 pm, Cap'n Cat will be in the parking lot just west of the Dome and a little to the south of the SW entrance with a 20 foot flagpole flying a UNI Panthers flag, attached to a black Ford SuperCrew with Michigan plates. Look for tall, handsome dude in a Cap'n Cat game jersey.

As in 2003, the first Saluki fan to show up and mention this invite gets a brand spankin'-ass new UNI hat for their Gateway collection. Gave away one in 2003 to some young Dawg follower who said he would cherish it forever.

Probably be puttin' down Budweisers and Leinenkugels with "oldputtytat", "Pantherpower", "igo4uni", "Reed Rothchild", "ralph" and "D1B' from AGS, among others.

Hope to see the Saluki faithful there.

:D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

BTW, Cap'n Cat's "Kittens" will be there, serving beer and tins of Fancy Feast:

http://www.kenkomachi.com/animecon/Katsucon01/catgirls.jpg
"Yeah, you're cute, but are you worthy enough to tailgate with His Cap'n-ness?"

:D :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Capn...were usually just to the west of you...so plan on making one big ASS tailgate!!

PantherMan
November 9th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Capn...were usually just to the west of you...so plan on making one big ASS tailgate!!

Separate, but together...separate but together... Just remember that you're together, until the UNI public safety rolls up to ruin your fun. It's not just students that they go after anymore... :eek:

JCPanthers
November 9th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Separate, but together...separate but together... Just remember that you're together, until the UNI public safety rolls up to ruin your fun. It's not just students that they go after anymore... :eek:
I hear you Pman...actually we haven't had any problems all year...and our tailgate for Homecoming was close to 40-50. Key is to have 5 cars lined up which equates to a "legal" party of 125.

igo4uni
November 10th, 2005, 08:05 AM
I'm planning on swinging over to where JC, Cap'n, and oldcat will be tailgating.

My mission: Meet the world famous JCPanthers!!!! :)

peace

igo4uni

crunifan
November 10th, 2005, 09:54 AM
This game is going to be awesome. I have three friends from Cedar Rapids coming up (all three are transferring to UNI next year) and then I have three more friends from UNI coming who have never been to a UNI football game, so this is a good introduction to UNI Football and the UNI-Dome! :D

Reed Rothchild
November 10th, 2005, 11:07 AM
I'm planning on swinging over to where JC, Cap'n, and oldcat will be tailgating.

peace

igo4uni

Hey, I haven't met the world famous "Igo4UNI" yet. I'm looking forward to it!!! I'll be in the AC lot with all the aforementioned crew.

UNI MadCat
November 10th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Drink some for me guys!!! I'll be in Madison watching the Hawks get smoked (fingers crossed) but I'll be wearing a Panther jersey immediately at the conclusion of another Badger win.

Somebody find me a way to be in two places at once!!!

Reed Rothchild
November 10th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Drink some for me guys!!! I'll be in Madison watching the Hawks get smoked (fingers crossed) but I'll be wearing a Panther jersey immediately at the conclusion of another Badger win.

Somebody find me a way to be in two places at once!!!
Skip that crappy game and come see one that matters! Not being in CF should not be an option.

JCPanthers
November 10th, 2005, 03:15 PM

peace

igo4uni
Hey IGO...your making me blush. :o
Looking forward to meeting you as well and hopefully a few more PN regulars!! Should be a great time.

skinny_uncle
November 10th, 2005, 04:37 PM
What Cap'n cat thinks he looks like:

http://webuser.bus.umich.edu/Sections/Mba2003-5/humor%5Ccat%20from%20argentina.jpg

What he really looks like:

http://www.zianet.com/boje/voice/images_voice/cathumorbadhairday.jpg

What he looks like after Dawgs win:

http://www.despise.net/download/images/bigeyedkitty.jpg

igo4uni
November 10th, 2005, 05:22 PM
What Cap'n cat thinks he looks like:

http://webuser.bus.umich.edu/Sections/Mba2003-5/humor%5Ccat%20from%20argentina.jpg

Priceless. :D

peace

igo4uni

Chi Panther
November 10th, 2005, 05:32 PM
My flight leaves San Diego in 3 hours.....see y'all soon!!!!!!

skinny_uncle
November 10th, 2005, 11:03 PM
45-21 Dawgs.
When it happens, remember you heard it here first.
:D

UNI MadCat
November 11th, 2005, 08:33 AM

What the heck is wrong with them? As long as it's controlled, tailgating should be encouraged, if they ever want to have a sustained, awesome atmosphere at the Dome. That's so irritating. It brings back too many memories. For homecoming, I think, in 2000 we got there at 10 a.m. for a 4 p.m. game which in places like Ames or Iowa City isn't really that early but, of course, we were the first ones there. Public Safety told us we had to leave. It was ridiculous. I think we just went back by the softball diamond and drank for an hour or so until more people showed up. Then was it 2001 homecoming, I came back for it and they wouldn't let people tailgate during the game? Another great rule to curb the fun. Idiots. :bang: :bang: :bang:

UNI MadCat
November 11th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Skip that crappy game and come see one that matters! Not being in CF should not be an option.

I know. If it weren't Barry Alvarez's last home game and the fact that I've organized a tailgate for over 20 people, I'd totally do it. As it is, I'll be running to a buddy's apartment so that I can catch the UNI game on the Internet after the Badger game is over. Should make it there for most of the 2nd quarter and rest of the game.

Just to confirm, there's no TV for this, correct???

YSUinsider
November 11th, 2005, 11:10 AM
I've played for YSU. I was at there practice yesterday, and I don't think this team is ready to give up yet. I whould like to add that the UNI team from last year lost every early in the playoffs. I think the bing national champs is a hell of lot better than bing Gateway chmps. Gateway Champs only mean that you know what the other teams in the Gateway Comfrence are going to do. When you get a national Championship lets talk. Till then stop being ass-holes.

crunifan
November 11th, 2005, 11:14 AM
I've played for YSU. I was at there practice yesterday, and I don't think this team is ready to give up yet. I whould like to add that the UNI team from last year lost every early in the playoffs. I think the bing national champs is a hell of lot better than bing Gateway chmps. Gateway Champs only mean that you know what the other teams in the Gateway Comfrence are going to do. When you get a national Championship lets talk. Till then stop being ass-holes.

"lost every early in the playoffs."

Okay, I will interpret that as lost early in the playoffs. Well, last year UNI did not go to the playoffs. We lost four games (Iowa State, and ranked Stephen F. Austin, WKU, and SIU) very early in the season and finished with six straight wins playing some amazing football. I would have loved to see what that team was capable of in the playoffs.

Reed Rothchild
November 11th, 2005, 11:33 AM
I've played for YSU. I was at there practice yesterday, and I don't think this team is ready to give up yet. I whould like to add that the UNI team from last year lost every early in the playoffs.

In '03 UNI won their first round game at home. Then they had to go on the road to National Champion Delaware to play in a blizzard.

The last 3 times UNI has gone to the playoffs, they lost the eventual National Champs on the road. And those losses were not early in the playoffs.

Reed Rothchild
November 11th, 2005, 11:42 AM
I think the bing national champs is a hell of lot better than bing Gateway chmps. Gateway Champs only mean that you know what the other teams in the Gateway Comfrence are going to do. When you get a national Championship lets talk. Till then stop being ass-holes.

You haven't won crap since Tressel left and won your last NC in the 1st year you joined the Gateway. None since. Farley has NEVER lost to YSU, and you guys got rolled in the Dome this year. In '02 (UNI's first losing season in a long time) one of our only wins was AT YSU. Win the gateway, make the playoffs, beat UNI, stop playing crappy teams early in the year, stop losing to gateway teams late in the year, stop scheduling cupcake Gateway teams at the beginning of the season to make yourselves feel better, get rid of your coach.

THEN, WE MIGHT STOP.

GO PANTHERS!!!

JCPanthers
November 11th, 2005, 01:13 PM
I'm not one to be critical of someone's spelling or typing skills...but wow, I sure hope you were able to get your degree.

LacesOut
November 11th, 2005, 01:16 PM
I'm not one to be critical of someone's spelling or typing skills...but wow, I sure hope you were able to get your degree.

LMAO

You spelling Nazi!! j/k

skinny_uncle
November 11th, 2005, 05:35 PM
I know. If it weren't Barry Alvarez's last home game and the fact that I've organized a tailgate for over 20 people, I'd totally do it. As it is, I'll be running to a buddy's apartment so that I can catch the UNI game on the Internet after the Badger game is over. Should make it there for most of the 2nd quarter and rest of the game.

Just to confirm, there's no TV for this, correct???
There is TV.
I think it is Fox Sports.
I found the following satellite coordinates on the Salukitalk website:

Satellite: SBS 6, Transponder K02
ARC Location:74 Degrees West Longitude
Uplink Frequency: 14049.5 MHz
Downlink Frequency: 11749.5 MHz (Vertical)

Hope that helps.

skinny_uncle
November 11th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Never assume everyone is an English major.

rabidsaluki
November 11th, 2005, 08:13 PM

If I'm not mistaken - isn't assholes one word too?

Or for the illiterate...

Ifin I ain't mistakin - ain't asshols won word two?

PantherMan
November 11th, 2005, 09:07 PM
If I'm not mistaken - isn't assholes one word too?

Or for the illiterate...

Ifin I ain't mistakin - ain't asshols won word two?

Oh come on Rabid. That was some of the worst spelling I have seen in quite some time on this board. A little joust was fair. ;)

igo4uni
November 11th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Yes, the spelling was very bad. I was going to say something, but didn't want to get it edited!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps someone needs to start a thread on the smack board.

peace

igo4uni

Pantherpower
November 11th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Hey Igo4UNI,

I'll be at JC's tailgate tommorrow. Look forward to meeting you there! Will probably hook up with Ralph at the OP first. Hopefully, Ralph will witness a completely different team than the one that took the field against the Sycamores. :nod:

skinny_uncle
November 11th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Hey Igo4UNI,

I'll be at JC's tailgate tommorrow. Look forward to meeting you there! Will probably hook up with Ralph at the OP first. Hopefully, Ralph will witness a completely different team than the one that took the field against the Sycamores. :nod:
I'm sure he will. The Salukis are going to be there.

Pantherpower
November 11th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Would the "Salukis" include you, Skinnyuncle? If so, look forward to meeting you!!

skinny_uncle
November 11th, 2005, 09:29 PM
I wish I could, but I haven't got out of the county since my surgery.
I will be watching on the tube, though, so you all wave at ol' skinny.

Pantherpower
November 11th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Will do, Skinny. Got surgery myself, 11/18. You in better health than the dog in your avatar? ;)

igo4uni
November 11th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Hey Igo4UNI,

I am gonna swing by JC's tailgate for sure!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you there.

peace

igo4uni

November 11th, 2005, 10:38 PM
I'm sure he will. The Salukis are going to be there.I was at the SIU/UNI game last year too...

skinny_uncle
November 12th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Will do, Skinny. Got surgery myself, 11/18. You in better health than the dog in your avatar? ;)
The Dawg is healthy. Salukis are built for speed.
http://www.sawahin.de/images/topfotos/tas-2843.jpg

rabidsaluki
November 12th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Oh come on Rabid. That was some of the worst spelling I have seen in quite some time on this board. A little joust was fair. ;)

Editing was definitely necessary there. Anyone who butchers the written word that badly deserved a poke or two...

Chi Panther
November 13th, 2005, 12:39 AM
WOW.....

WHITLOCK = STUD.....which we all knew.....

Sanders = CALM and COOL.....

What a great game.....and atmosphere......

nmatsen
November 13th, 2005, 04:14 PM

SIU 35
UNI 27

Hey FlyYtown,
Just wanted to say congratulations on your big win over WKU and good luck in the play-offs. Oh, by the way YOU WERE WRONG! NA NA NA BOO BOO!