PDA

View Full Version : LFN Lambert Power Rankings. 10/18/2008

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2008, 08:07 AM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2008/10/lambert-power-rankings-10182008.html

Pretty even with the Lambert poll - only the LPR includes Maine (which is also included in the Top 10 eastern schools in the GPI) and doesn't include Harvard.

Villanova, interestingly, is ranked behind New Hampshire and Richmond in terms of the LPR, while both the voters and GPI have them second.

The Patriot League's GPI shot up due to the win over Liberty xthumbsupx

Tribe4SF
October 22nd, 2008, 09:41 AM
You show Villanova at 5-2 while they are, in fact, 5-1. Ranking them behind Richmond and New Hampshire is just wrong.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2008, 10:45 AM
My system attempts to rate wins and strength of schedule. While Villanova has a pair of impressive wins, their wins over Lehigh and Penn didn't give them a heap of credit, while New Hampshire's win over Army did. Between 'Nova and New Hampshire, though, the margin is still pretty close (only 3 points).

Richmond gets a lot of credit since they've played 8 games already, and have a bunch of significant wins. They've played the toughest schedule, I think, of all the teams in the ranking, and they get credit for that.

andy7171
October 22nd, 2008, 11:32 AM
How can you rank Richmond over Villanova? Villanova BEAT Richmond.

Tribe4SF
October 22nd, 2008, 11:35 AM
My system attempts to rate wins and strength of schedule. While Villanova has a pair of impressive wins, their wins over Lehigh and Penn didn't give them a heap of credit, while New Hampshire's win over Army did. Between 'Nova and New Hampshire, though, the margin is still pretty close (only 3 points).

Richmond gets a lot of credit since they've played 8 games already, and have a bunch of significant wins. They've played the toughest schedule, I think, of all the teams in the ranking, and they get credit for that.

So Richmond gets credit for losing to Villanova, but Nova doesn't get as much credit for beating the Spiders?xconfusedx Richmond's wins over Elon and UMass count as "a bunch of significant wins", while Nova's over Richmond and W&M don't?xconfusedx You also have Maine ahead of W&M, which is a headscratcher as well.

WrenFGun
October 22nd, 2008, 11:53 AM
UNH is 5-1, too, with wins over Army, NU, URI, Dartmouth and Albany.