PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions - Week 9

mvemjsunpx
October 21st, 2008, 06:28 PM
I didn't see a thread for this yet, so I'll start it this time…

Idaho St. (0-4, 0-7) @ Portland St. (1-2, 2-4) - Idaho State is awful. Neither team can play defense. It's being played in Portland. Next game, please… PORTST 58, IDST 35

Montana St. (1-2, 3-4) @ Sacramento St. (1-3, 3-4) - Both teams are coming off 2 straight disappointing losses that killed whatever postseason hopes they had. Sac State looked like the weaker of these two teams over that stretch, losing by an average of 34 points to NAU & Montana, but the Bobcats were no slouch, either, losing to EWU & Weber at home by an average of 20 points. Both teams' defenses match up relatively well here, so I'll go with the home field & against the Bobcats' turnover struggles… SAC 26, MTST 19

Weber St. (4-0, 6-2) @ Northern Arizona (4-0, 6-1) - Battle for the conference title? Could be. The 'Jacks & Wildcats are an even 22-22 against each other all-time. However, the Lumberjacks have won 6 of the last 7 meetings, the only loss coming in Ogden in 2005 when NAU finished last in the conference. The Lumberjacks may be something of a paper tiger, though, as they've taken advantage of a fairly weak schedule up to this point. Add that to the idea that this is likely the best Weber team NAU has played in 21 years & I see another solid Wildcat win… WEBER 30, NAU 20

Montana (2-1, 6-1) @ Northern Colorado (1-2, 1-5) - The Griz have looked pretty dominant since two hair-raising wins over UC Davis & Central Washington and a big loss to Weber. Despite mostly solid performances, a solid win over the lousy Bungles is all they have to show for their efforts thus far. The Bears have had a knack for frustrating decent opposition, but the Griz offense & defense have looked too good as of late for me to predict another narrow escape in this one… UMT 42, NCOL 21

I Bleed Purple
October 21st, 2008, 07:30 PM
Didn't NAU default a win to us and a few others because of an ineligible player recently? Shouldn't it be 5 of 7?

dbackjon
October 21st, 2008, 07:33 PM
Didn't NAU default a win to us and a few others because of an ineligible player recently? Shouldn't it be 5 of 7?

I think so, but if you are talking about on-the-field results, he is correct.

mvemjsunpx
October 21st, 2008, 08:29 PM

No, the forfeit was in '99, so not in the last 7 years.

The 22-22 mark includes the forfeit.

Wolfman
October 21st, 2008, 09:53 PM
PSU 35
ISU 20

WSU 21
NAU 17

Griz 23
NCU 13

MSU 27
SAC 7

Grizzaholic
October 21st, 2008, 10:04 PM
PSU 35
ISU 20

WSU 21
NAU 17

Griz 23
NCU 13

MSU 27
SAC 7

Very good assessment.

ncbears
October 21st, 2008, 10:35 PM
PSU 35
ISU 20

WSU 21
NAU 17

Griz 23
NCU 13

MSU 27
SAC 7

Stop with the NCU! I can handle NoCo, NC, but NOT NCU!

Grizzaholic
October 21st, 2008, 10:37 PM
Stop with the NCU! I can handle NoCo, NC, but NOT NCU!

Isn't it UNC?

grizband
October 21st, 2008, 11:16 PM
PSU 35
ISU 20

WSU 21
NAU 17

Griz 23
NCU 13

MSU 27
SAC 7
I agree with your predictions Wolfman, although I think Montana will put 30 on UNC this Saturday.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
October 21st, 2008, 11:39 PM
I'll take a stab here:

PSU 49
ISU 17
ISU is still strugling and PSU will get on track offensively.

WSU 28
NAU 35
I think Weber is due for a loss/let down and this is the game for it to happen.

Griz 35
NCU 17
Griz are rolling on both sides, Griz will be too much for their little brother bear.

MSU 14
SAC 21
Sac St is gonna look to rebound from last weeks loss, cats are looking for something....

UNCBears2010
October 21st, 2008, 11:42 PM
I'll take a stab here:

PSU 49
ISU 17
ISU is still strugling and PSU will get on track offensively.

WSU 28
NAU 35
I think Weber is due for a loss/let down and this is the game for it to happen.

Griz 35
NCU 17
Griz are rolling on both sides, Griz will be too much for their little brother bear.

MSU 14
SAC 21
Sac St is gonna look to rebound from last weeks loss, cats are looking for something....

Who the hell is NCU?

Ronbo
October 22nd, 2008, 12:28 AM
Who the hell is NCU?

Isn't it Northern Cal University located in Davis?xlolx xlolx

uofmman1122
October 22nd, 2008, 01:04 AM
ISU - 30
PSU - 48

The break pedal is out on the metaphorical vehicle of football for both teams: They can't stop anything. However, PSU has enough offense to carry them over, however, I'm not too confident, due to the bipolar nature of PSU. Could go either way.

MSU - 35
Sac State - 24

I think MSU finally turns it around against Sac. Despite the fact that Sac played Montana last week, and the team that gets beat by Montana usually has a better showing the next week, I still think the Bobcats can pull it out.

UM - 45
UNC - 24

Montana is firing on all cylinders now. Offense and Defense were both pretty stellar against Sac. State last week, and though I think No. Co. is better than Sac, Montana keeps on gelling.

NAU - 35
WSU - 34

Totally going to homer the ***** out of this pick, but I need NAU to win, and, after the showing WSU had against NoCo, I think they can do it. Do I have any proof from NAU's other games about them being able to beat Weber? No.

Do I need any? xsmiley_wixxlolx

ncbears
October 22nd, 2008, 08:05 AM
Isn't it UNC?

Really the athletic department prefers NC.

Grizzaholic
October 22nd, 2008, 08:09 AM

Okee-Dokee.

NorthernColorado
October 22nd, 2008, 08:45 AM

They were always UNC 'till the move to DI where they didn't want to be confused with North Carolina since they started playing DI teams (especially in basketball).

They will always be UNC to me.

SactoHornetFan
October 22nd, 2008, 09:06 AM
Isn't it Northern Cal University located in Davis?xlolx xlolx

Please don't feed their ego's anymore as it is xlolx

iam4jacks
October 22nd, 2008, 12:24 PM
I might as well jump in right here (first post).

Montana St. over Sac St. (Sac is still wondering how they let the Big Sky freshman of the year get away to Flagstaff)

Idaho St. over Portland St. (they can't lose all of them)

Montana over Northern Colorado (The Grizz will play good for a half, but which one?)

Northern Arizona over Weber St. (Hey, I am a homer)

But if NAU can't keep the ball for 35 minutes and have 300 rushing yards...

Weather Channel prediction- Flagstaff's weather will be better for tailgating on this Big Game of the Week homecoming weekend compared to the last two home games. Highs of 69 and Sunny is in the forecast for the whole weekend.

Game of the Week attendance- I set the over/under at 11,500, so plenty of seats available.

wapiti
October 22nd, 2008, 01:07 PM
A big Welcome to Iam4jacks. A great first post.

Montana St. over Sac St. (Sac is still wondering how they let the Big Sky freshman of the year get away to Flagstaff)

Montana over Northern Colorado (The Grizz will play good for a half, but which one?)

Weather Channel prediction- Flagstaff's weather will be better for tailgating on this Big Game of the Week homecoming weekend compared to the last two home games. Highs of 69 and Sunny is in the forecast for the whole weekend.

Game of the Week attendance- I set the over/under at 11,500, so plenty of seats available.

wapiti
October 22nd, 2008, 01:14 PM
PSU 32
ISU 17
PSU beat a decent EWU squad and will find a way to put away ISU too.

WSU 28
NAU 20
If Weber keeps up its fantastic playing, they will win again.

Griz 22
NC 21
The Griz seem to be getting better as the season goes, but NC will give them a good scare. (The Griz score in the closing seconds.)

MSU 17
SAC 21
The way MSU can not stop 3rd conversions with poor pass coverage, Sac St takes advantage of it in the 2nd half to win. Despite MSU's 17 - 0 lead at half time.

UNCBears2010
October 22nd, 2008, 01:39 PM
PSU 32
ISU 17

WSU 28
NAU 20

Griz 22
NCU 21
The Griz seem to be getting better as the season goes, but NC will give them a good scare. (The Griz score in the closing seconds.)

MSU 17
SAC 21
The way MSU can not stop 3rd conversions with poor pass coverage, Sac St takes advantage of it in the 2nd half to win. Despite MSU's 17 - 0 lead at half time.

Damnit! Who is NCU??????

Proud Griz Man
October 22nd, 2008, 02:59 PM
Next to media coverage of the Griz, the flagstaff paper might be 2nd best in all the BSC.

NAU Football Notebook: Reserve QB leaves team
Corey Slater says the reason he quit was because he wasn't given a chance to earn the starting job.

By DANIEL BERK Sun Sports Staff Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The NAU football team is down to two experienced quarterbacks.

The Lumberjacks announced on Tuesday that junior Corey Slater has quit the football team. Slater confirmed to the Daily Sun he's left the program. The Seattle native transferred to NAU from Southern Methodist University in Texas prior to the 2007 season. There, he played in six games and started twice but left the program after one year because he felt like he wasn't given a fair opportunity.

He's now moving on from NAU for similar reasons.

"Football was my love but when it feels like you are going to work for no pay, you have to change your ways," Slater said. "I didn't feel like I was given a chance. It's time for me to find a different path."

Slater said he feels like he was misled by the coaching staff and thought he would get more opportunities in game situations to prove himself. The former Lumberjack didn't elaborate on specific situations where he felt like he was misled.

Slater, Lance Kriesien and Michael Herrick all competed for the starting position during spring and preseason practice before Kriesien eventually emerged as the starter. The trio of quarterbacks took turns working with the first-team offense until just days before the Jacks' season opener at Arizona State.

Kriesien started against the Sun Devils and Herrick got in the game and saw some action. Slater was tapped as the No. 3 quarterback and didn't play. In NAU's next game against Division II New Mexico Highlands, Slater got in the game after Kriesien and Herrick had played and was 4-for-6 for 70 yards and a touchdown. The only other game action Slater saw this season was against Northern Colorado, where he went 4-for-9 for 64 yards and an interception. Slater informed the coaching staff of his decision before the Jacks' game against Portland State. Slater is still in Flagstaff and intends to earn his degree from NAU and won't seek a transfer to another school.

NAU coach Jerome Souers didn't have much to say about the situation, other than a brief comment in a prepared release. "We wish Corey the best in the future," the 11th-year coach said.

Slater competed with Kriesien for the starting job in 2007, but Kriesien was named the starter after training camp. Both of the quarterbacks played in the season opener against Western New Mexico with Kriesien starting. In the team's next game against Arizona, Kriesien started again, but Slater got into the game. On his first play from scrimmage, Slater suffered a season-ending knee injury and didn't begin practicing again until spring practice in April. Pete Hargis, who transferred to NAU from Army in 2006, will serve as the team's No. 3 quarterback. Hargis was working mostly with the special teams before Slater's departure. The Jacks have two freshman quarterbacks, Cary Grossart and Troy Graham, on the roster but both signal callers are redshirting during their first season in Flagstaff.

http://www.azdailysun.com/articles/2008/10/22/news/sports/20081022_sport_183805.txt

DuckDuckGriz
October 22nd, 2008, 03:05 PM
Portland State beats Idaho State 54-21

NAU beats Weber State 31-27

Montana beats UNC 20-13

MSU beats Sac St 28-14

AZGrizFan
October 22nd, 2008, 04:50 PM
PSU 32
ISU 17

WSU 28
NAU 20

Griz 22
NCU 21

MSU 17
SAC 21

You're smokin' crack if you think the Griz only beat UNC by one.

Monte Madness
October 22nd, 2008, 04:52 PM
Sac. St. 10
Cats 16

NAU 27
Weber 23

Montana 35
No. Co. 20

ISU 33
PSU 30

AZGrizFan
October 22nd, 2008, 04:54 PM
Sac. St. 13
Cats 24

NAU 30
Weber 27

Montana 35
No. Co. 10

ISU 17
PSU 34

wapiti
October 22nd, 2008, 04:55 PM
Damnit! Who is NCU??????

Sorry. :o
I corrected it.xwhistlex

wapiti
October 22nd, 2008, 04:57 PM
You're smokin' crack if you think the Griz only beat UNC by one.

Just like the Griz were going to crush Central Washington too. :p

But a win is a win. I sure you will take it, wherether it is by 1 or by more than 20.

AZGrizFan
October 22nd, 2008, 04:59 PM
Just like the Griz were going to crush Central Washington too. :p

Central Washington would roll UNC by 20, and MSU by 15. xnodx

UNCBears2010
October 22nd, 2008, 05:49 PM
Central Washington would roll UNC by 20, and MSU by 15. xnodx

Central Washington is 17 points better than the #16 team in the country? Really?

Highly doubtful.

GolfingGriz
October 22nd, 2008, 06:45 PM
Sac State 9
MSU 24

Northern Colorado 10
Montana 35

Portland State 48
Idaho State 31

Northern Arizona 23
Weber State 24

Proud Griz Man
October 22nd, 2008, 08:58 PM
excerpt from Bison Kent's article on the FCS West:

CSN West Game of the Week

No. 16 Weber State (6-2, 4-0) @ No. 15 Northern Arizona (6-1, 4-0), 3:05 p.m. Pacific

I don’t think anyone who follows FCS and Big Sky Conference football thought this matchup would be the game of the week and really the game of the year within the conference so far. This, however, is what we have in Flagstaff.

The Wildcats have relied on sophomore quarterback Cameron Higgins, who was added to the official Walter Payton Award Watch List a week ago. Higgins leads the nation with 2,551 passing yards and is second in the nation with 25 touchdown passes. Higgins ranks second in the nation with an efficiency rating of 176.4. He has completed 68.6 percent of his passes with just six interceptions. Higgins also has one rushing touchdown.

He will face a stout NAU defense - leading the nation in rushing defense at 10.9 yards per game and leads the league in pass defense efficiency. The Lumberjacks also lead the Big Sky in sacks with 32 and lead the conference in scoring defense. One of the biggest reasons for NAU’s strong defense is the play of senior cornerback K.J. Gerard, who was added to the official Buck Buchanan Award Watch List last week. Gerard has five interceptions, and he has broken up six more as the Lumberjacks’ shutdown cornerback. Gerard also tallied 22 tackles, one forced fumble and three tackles for loss.

The Lumberjack offense also has produced. NAU freshman Deonte Williams rushed for 194 yards and three touchdowns in the victory over Idaho State in his coming-out party a week ago. NAU ranks first in scoring and total offense within the Big Sky play. WSU is second in those two categories.

The WSU defense is second in scoring defense and third in total defense in the league.

A year ago, NAU defeated WSU in Ogden 29-20, and I think this year might have a similar result for NAU. I like the Lumberjacks to win by a touchdown at home. NAU 24 WSU 17.

CSN West News & Notes

- Eastern Washington Buck Buchanan Award candidate Greg Peach continued his assault on Big Sky Conference quarterbacks last Saturday with three sacks against Montana State. Peach leads the nation with 14 sacks and 17 tackles for loss.

- Montana leads the FCS in total attendance for the 2008 season. The Grizzlies are averaging 25,298 fans in four home games. A Washington-Grizzly Stadium record 25,486 attended last Saturday’s game against Sacramento State. A total of 101,077 fans have attended UM’s four home games.

- Northern Colorado punter Cameron Kaman booted an 80-yard punt against Weber State, tying the school record for longest punt in UNC’s 17-10 loss to the Wildcats.

- Northern Arizona’s current six-game winning streak is tied for the second-longest in the FCS, behind only Elon at seven.

- Idaho State’s 11-game losing streak is the third-longest in the nation, behind Indiana State (21) and Columbia (13).

- Sacramento State senior linebacker Mike Brannon had three sacks in the Hornets’ 43-7 loss to Montana, becoming the program’s all-time leader with 26.5.

JALMOND
October 23rd, 2008, 12:55 AM
A lot of discussion here on this weekend's games. Here are my picks. Maybe some separation after this week. Hard to believe that, for as clouded as the race has been all year, Weber State could put themselves in the driver's seat with a win at Northern Arizona. Anyway, I need a perfect week, as I am currently sitting 39-7 for the year. Continue on!

ISU @ PSU---The Vikings come in to this game off of a bye week and still perfect at home (2-0). The Bengals are still looking for that elusive first win of the year. The Vikings could still make some noise in the playoff picture (slightly), the Bengals just want it over...PSU 45, ISU 24.

UM @ UNC---The Griz are coming off an impressive home win over upstart Sacramento State while the Bears threw a scare at Weber State in Ogden, where the Wildcats handled the Griz with relative ease a few weeks back. The Bears have been scaring everyone this year, they just cannot seem to get the job finished, though...UM 30, UNC 24.

MSU @ Sac State---This game is between two teams coming off major disappointments last week. The Bobcats lost to a struggling Eastern Washington at home, while the Hornets were crushed by Montana on the road. Both are looking at this as a chance to resurrect the season. Who wants it more...Sac State 28, MSU 20.

Well, there they are. Oops, wait a minute. I seem to have missed one. Oh, I got it...

WSU @ NAU---Maybe the biggest game of the conference so far, between two teams that hardly anyone outside of Odgen and Flagstaff thought would be in this position. The Wildcats could go a long way towards securing the conference title with a win, having beaten Montana earlier. The Jacks could use this win as momentum heading into Missoula next week. A great game is on tap. Who gets it?...WSU 31, NAU 28.

Well, there you have it. Home team goes 2-2 this weekend. Play on!

AZGrizFan
October 23rd, 2008, 12:59 AM
When did UNC get so respectable that everyone suddenly thinks they're staying within a TD of the Griz? How different can this team be than the one that lost to the Griz 52-7 last year?

UNCBears2010
October 23rd, 2008, 01:15 AM
When did UNC get so respectable that everyone suddenly thinks they're staying within a TD of the Griz? How different can this team be than the one that lost to the Griz 52-7 last year?

They are unbelievably different than the team that lost to the Griz 52-7 last year. It's like night and day, it really is. The Bears are vastly better at every position this year.

JALMOND
October 23rd, 2008, 01:18 AM

Somehow, someway, the Bears have been staying close to everyone. Baffles the mind but it is the truth. Play them like Weber did last week, out gain them in total yards by 3 to 1, beat them by a touchdown, and be relieved at getting the win.

I Bleed Purple
October 23rd, 2008, 01:36 AM
Somehow, someway, the Bears have been staying close to everyone. Baffles the mind but it is the truth. Play them like Weber did last week, out gain them in total yards by 3 to 1, beat them by a touchdown, and be relieved at getting the win.

It was 4 to 1, I believe, or at the very least, 3.5 to 1. Somewhere around 520-130 I believe.

JALMOND
October 23rd, 2008, 01:45 AM
It was 4 to 1, I believe, or at the very least, 3.5 to 1. Somewhere around 520-130 I believe.

I thought it was closer to 4 to 1, but I didn't want to stay up all night researching it. I thought 3 to 1 would be safe. I'll leave the Wildcat reserch to you.:D

Grizaholic17
October 23rd, 2008, 01:51 AM
Everyone is predicting a Griz blowout practically, and as much as I'd love to believe it, the WSU-UNC score scared me last week. The griz will win IMO, but I don't think by 24+ points.

The rest looks good to me xthumbsupx

I Bleed Purple
October 23rd, 2008, 02:19 AM
I thought it was closer to 4 to 1, but I didn't want to stay up all night researching it. I thought 3 to 1 would be safe. I'll leave the Wildcat reserch to you.:D

Will do.

What I want an explanation on is something that confuses me. You rank UM and NAU ahead of Weber State in your power rankings, justifying UM by saying you think they win at home/neutral field, meaning NAU has to be the same since they're also ahead of WSU and yet you pick WSU to win. I was sure you'd pick NAU, which is fine, definitely could happen. I'm just a little confused, is all.

JALMOND
October 23rd, 2008, 02:49 AM
Will do.

What I want an explanation on is something that confuses me. You rank UM and NAU ahead of Weber State in your power rankings, justifying UM by saying you think they win at home/neutral field, meaning NAU has to be the same since they're also ahead of WSU and yet you pick WSU to win. I was sure you'd pick NAU, which is fine, definitely could happen. I'm just a little confused, is all.

My power rankings this week...

1. UM
2. WSU
3. NAU

Some others have NAU ahead of WSU (and some ahead of UM) but I don't. I think all three are pretty close and those that are solely my opinion (UM beating WSU in Missoula or on a neutral field) could change after this week. All three were pretty close last week, too, and Montana demolished a pretty good Sacramento State team while Weber overwhelmed Northern Colorado everywhere but the scoreboard (and the score is what counts most). Really had no choice but to move Montana up and Weber down this week. I'm not even thinking about next week (I think I'll have a big major headache Sunday). Maybe the Bears will make it easy for me.xlolx

I pondered this game quite a bit, and tried to look at it from all sides. Both offenses are superb and both defenses are sharp. I'd say NAU would be favored on the basis of home field, but the more I looked at it, I'd say Weber is the better overall team. Also, Weber has played a big game already (Montana) and NAU really has not. The more I look at it, the more I think Weber can do it.

I Bleed Purple
October 23rd, 2008, 03:32 AM
I oughta learn how to read, huh. :o :o :o :o

EDIT: Ah, it was gfphhbbbttt (sorry about spelling :D) who had it NAU, UM, WSU.

gbhmt
October 23rd, 2008, 06:19 PM
I oughta learn how to read, huh. :o :o :o :o

EDIT: Ah, it was gfphhbbbttt (sorry about spelling :D) who had it NAU, UM, WSU.

Is that a problem?

I Bleed Purple
October 23rd, 2008, 06:25 PM
Not that. I thought Jalmond had it that way and then picked WSU over NAU, which would have made no sense.

dbackjon
October 23rd, 2008, 06:29 PM

Welcome to a fellow Jack!

gbhmt
October 23rd, 2008, 06:56 PM
Not that. I thought Jalmond had it that way and then picked WSU over NAU, which would have made no sense.

i see now

already123
October 23rd, 2008, 10:42 PM
Welcome to a fellow Jack!

yes welcome...we need as many as possible!

JALMOND
October 23rd, 2008, 11:41 PM

What, you're trying to make sense of my picks? Where were you when I took PSU over EWU? That one was nothing but a pure homer pick (although I was not going to admit it at the time).xnodx xlolx

And no one has picked up that, how I outlined the power rankings, those are based on 33% fact and 67% opinion/speculation. It gives me quite a margin to work with.

DaBears
October 24th, 2008, 11:50 AM

As painful as it is to admit I agree with you. I don't think a 1-5 team is entitled to any respect. I do think our talent is better than last year but Scott Downing is the most pathetic excuse for a coach in the history of football and UNC will not win another game this year.

AZGrizFan
October 24th, 2008, 11:52 AM
As painful as it is to admit I agree with you. I don't think a 1-5 team is entitled to any respect. I do think our talent is better than last year but Scott Downing is the most pathetic excuse for a coach in the history of football and UNC will not win another game this year.

I'm not saying they don't deserve respect, but these two teams have played each other several times, and it's RARELY been close. The last two outings the combined score is 105-28. If the Griz don't put up 45 on UNC I'll be surprised. xpeacex

iam4jacks
October 25th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Back to the Big Sky Game of this Week for control of the conference championship...Wildcats/Jacks.

I have been suscribing to the weekend Arizona Republic. With two PAC-10 teams in this state the NAU squad gets third billing. But the Republic has beeen trying harder. There usually is a preview on Saturday and at least a few paragraphs on Sunday.

I was quite surprised with the 5:30pm start for NAU/Idaho St. last week that they made the paper last Sunday morning! Heck, there was even a box score.

Today's NAU/Weber St. preview made it all the way up to page five, with about two hundred words. There are a few quotes from Jerome Souers in the Richard Obert written story. There is mention of Weber's Bryant Eteuati trouble with the Odgen law enforcement on Wednesday.

But one line has me stratching my noggin'. "A win would be the biggest in Souers' 11 years at the school and refect the legitimacy of the Lumberjacks, who are facing their first ranked opponent since a 2003 Division I-AA playoff game against Florida Atlantic."

Say what?

(OBTW, thanks for the welcome Wapiti, dbackjon, already123)

Tailbone
October 25th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Back to the Big Sky Game of this Week for control of the conference championship...Wildcats/Jacks.

I have been suscribing to the weekend Arizona Republic. With two PAC-10 teams in this state the NAU squad gets third billing. But the Republic has beeen trying harder. There usually is a preview on Saturday and at least a few paragraphs on Sunday.

I was quite surprised with the 5:30pm start for NAU/Idaho St. last week that they made the paper last Sunday morning! Heck, there was even a box score.

Today's NAU/Weber St. preview made it all the way up to page five, with about two hundred words. There are a few quotes from Jerome Souers in the Richard Obert written story. There is mention of Weber's Bryant Eteuati trouble with the Odgen law enforcement on Wednesday.

But one line has me stratching my noggin'. "A win would be the biggest in Souers' 11 years at the school and refect the legitimacy of the Lumberjacks, who are facing their first ranked opponent since a 2003 Division I-AA playoff game against Florida Atlantic."

Say what?

(OBTW, thanks for the welcome Wapiti, dbackjon, already123)

WOW! Senility at such an early age!

already123
October 25th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I like your style...

JALMOND
October 25th, 2008, 08:08 PM
A lot of discussion here on this weekend's games. Here are my picks. Maybe some separation after this week. Hard to believe that, for as clouded as the race has been all year, Weber State could put themselves in the driver's seat with a win at Northern Arizona. Anyway, I need a perfect week, as I am currently sitting 39-7 for the year. Continue on!

ISU @ PSU---The Vikings come in to this game off of a bye week and still perfect at home (2-0). The Bengals are still looking for that elusive first win of the year. The Vikings could still make some noise in the playoff picture (slightly), the Bengals just want it over...PSU 45, ISU 24.

UM @ UNC---The Griz are coming off an impressive home win over upstart Sacramento State while the Bears threw a scare at Weber State in Ogden, where the Wildcats handled the Griz with relative ease a few weeks back. The Bears have been scaring everyone this year, they just cannot seem to get the job finished, though...UM 30, UNC 24.

MSU @ Sac State---This game is between two teams coming off major disappointments last week. The Bobcats lost to a struggling Eastern Washington at home, while the Hornets were crushed by Montana on the road. Both are looking at this as a chance to resurrect the season. Who wants it more...Sac State 28, MSU 20.

Well, there they are. Oops, wait a minute. I seem to have missed one. Oh, I got it...

WSU @ NAU---Maybe the biggest game of the conference so far, between two teams that hardly anyone outside of Odgen and Flagstaff thought would be in this position. The Wildcats could go a long way towards securing the conference title with a win, having beaten Montana earlier. The Jacks could use this win as momentum heading into Missoula next week. A great game is on tap. Who gets it?...WSU 31, NAU 28.

Well, there you have it. Home team goes 2-2 this weekend. Play on!

Dang. Another 3-1 week. Who'd thought the home team goes 1-3 (thank you Portland State). Puts me at 42-8 for the year. Last year I only missed nine so I am still way behind. I need a perfect week!