Albany (4-3, 3-0) St. Francis (PA) (0-7, 0-4) @Albany, NY 4:00 pm

MU at home in the best and closest game of the week
Wagner at home
SHU in what could be a high-scoring duel
Albany on homecoming

danefan
October 21st, 2008, 11:14 AM
And Bryant @ UMass.

I'm really interest in that game. I'm hoping Bryant can keep it respectable.

dgreco
October 21st, 2008, 11:39 AM
CCSU @ Monmouth - Because MU is at home
RMU @ Wager - I think RMU is the better team, even though they didn't play well last week.
Sacred Heart @ Duquesne - long bus ride, plus SHU has been playing better, but I think the Dukes can win this one.
St. Francis @ Albany - Albany by 4 or more touchdowns.
Bryant @ UMass - no doubt about this one, I just hope Bryant keeps it within 17 points. I wonder if Liam Coen is out from his hurt hand and will that have any effect on the game?

Seawolf97
October 21st, 2008, 07:13 PM
After a scheduling FUBAR earlier this season for Albany-now a scheduling masterpiece. St Francis for Homecoming. The Great Danes will feast in an easy one.
That CCSU-Monmouth could be a good one.
Bryant up in Amherst. Tough one , but interesting as the Bulldogs face their toughest team yet.

seahawkfan2007
October 21st, 2008, 08:00 PM
I am going with all the home teams this week:

SHU (6-1) @ Duquesne (2-4): Really like what SHU has accomplished thus far including a very good showing vs. Albany. No doubt that SHU is improved but their weak early schedule has started to work against them. I am going with Duquesne in a shoot-out. Duquesne 34-31

RMU (2-5) @ Wagner (3-4): Always a good game between these two rivals. On the last play of the game in 2006, RMU held Wagner on the 1 yd. line to win 14-10 and last year Wagner pulled one out in the 4th Q to win 20-13 at RMU. This should be a close low scoring game.
Wagner 17-14

St. Francis (Pa) (0-7) @ Albany (4-3): Not much to analyize in this one. McCartney and Co. will be on the field all day. Albany 41-7

CCSU (5-2) @ Monmouth (4-3): Interesting homecomming opponet selection for MU. The last two years, the Hawks are 2-0 vs. CCSU and have put up 70 pts. In the best match-up this week, I like the home team. Monmouth 28-24

Bryant (4-3) @ U. Mass (4-3): When U. Mass originally scheduled Bryant it looked like a nice break amid a tough CAA (and OOC) schedule but Bryant has quickly proven to be a solid FCS team. If U Mass takes this one lightly their starters will be playing all 4 quarters. Bryant will score some points but in the end may have trouble stopping the Minutemen.
U Mass 38 Bryant 20

UAalum72
October 21st, 2008, 09:14 PM
St. Francis (Pa) (0-7) @ Albany (4-3): Not much to analyize in this one. McCartney and Co. will be on the field all day.
McCartney, huh? We're gonna have to get that boy a Payton nomination and into everybody's spellchecker. The Sacred Heart announcers (and news report) were calling him McCarthy all day.

David McCarty

Original_RMC
October 22nd, 2008, 08:57 AM
SHU (6-1) @ Duquesne (2-4):
I think the Dukes bounce back and win a close one here. I think showed that they are a legit team this year but I think the passing game of the Dukes at home is the difference here.
Dukes 31-27

RMU (2-5) @ Wagner (3-4):
That Bryant game was rough and losing LT Setticase will hurt but the coaches will be the players for this game unlike Bryant. Wagner & RMU have had many great battles over the years..also remember Robert Morris won against Wagner in 1999 on a last second pass from Steve Tryon to JT Kirk. I don't think it will take a last second play or a goal line stand to win this game but it will be close with Wagner jumping out early and Robert Morris putting together a late 2nd half comeback.
RMU 24-21

St. Francis (Pa) (0-7) @ Albany (4-3):
Over by half time?....perhaps. Albany wins big
Albany 43 - 13

CCSU (5-2) @ Monmouth (4-3):
CCSU will control the clock and the ball forcing a low scoring game.
CCSU 17-13

Bryant (4-3) @ U. Mass (4-3):
Bryant keeps it close for a bit but U.Mass is just too much in the end
U.Mass 42-17

aceinthehole
October 22nd, 2008, 09:05 AM
All games are great matchuups this week, could be the best week of the year in the NEC.

Robert Morris at Wagner - I think the Seahawks can pull this one off, but its a hard one to read. IMO, its a make or break game for both teams.

Sacred Heart at Duquesne - SHU has a passing game, and not much else; ditto for the Dukes. SHU can gain some respect in the NEC or the Dukes will prove they were a great choice for membership. I'll take the home team in a shootout!

St. Francis (PA) at Albany - The Danes won't overlook this game, but since SFPA can't stop the run, it will be a long bus ride back to Loretto.

Bryant at UMass - Good for the Bulldogs taking this game. It could be a very long day for them in Amherst, but I expect UMass to rest guys early and the final score should be respectable.

Central Conn. St. at Monmouth - Hawks are the favorite at home, but I can't see the CCSU dropping this one too. Stop Sinisi (not an easy task) and we have a very good shot!

(If CCSU does lose this game it will be a wasted year in New Britain. If we can't beat Albany and MU with regularity, we will remain the 3rd team in this 3-horse race. We have a very good team this year, but its just not showing up vs the better teams. :( )

danefan
October 22nd, 2008, 09:20 AM
CCSU @ Monmouth - I'm taking CCSU. They are due and I feel like Coach Mc has to wake up at some point this season and play Wanket and he'll light up Monmouth. Plus this is best case scenario for Albany.

RMU @ Wager - long bus ride, but I feel like RMU needs a win and they should get one here.

Sacred Heart @ Duquesne - Toss-up game, but homefield advantage goes to Dixon and the Dukes.

St. Francis @ Albany - St. Francis is walking into a firestorm here. Its homecoming, its fireworks night, its going to be cold and windy, it will likely be a 6,500+ crowd. I expect McCarty to have another 200+ game and Albany to win by 3TD's. Don't be surprised if St. Francis puts up some numbers though, as a lot of Danes will be getting some time in front of their family and friends.

Bryant @ UMass - Bryant has played really well this year against NEC competition. With that being said...UMass is 1.5TD's better then the NEC's best. I expect UMass to win in a big one, but Bryant will hopefully come out of this game with good experience and without any major injuries.

dgreco
October 22nd, 2008, 11:14 AM
I wonder how the RMU players do with 2 long bus rides in back to back weeks. It was over 10 hours to Bryant and I assume it will be almost 8 hours to Wagner. Thats a lot of bus riding.

danefan
October 22nd, 2008, 11:16 AM
I wonder how the RMU players do with 2 long bus rides in back to back weeks. It was over 10 hours to Bryant and I assume it will be almost 8 hours to Wagner. Thats a lot of bus riding.

That really sucks for them, but scheduling Bryant in that week is there own fault.

The bus ride to/from Pittsburgh is horrendous.

downbythebeach
October 22nd, 2008, 11:32 AM
do any teams fly to in conference games, or are they even allowed?

with Bryant being added that should probably be changed

danefan
October 22nd, 2008, 11:38 AM
do any teams fly to in conference games, or are they even allowed?

with Bryant being added that should probably be changed

Teams can do whatever they want for travel according to what fits in their budget.

I agree though, teams should start flying, especially on the Pittsburgh-area trips. They are really brutal on the bus.

dgreco
October 22nd, 2008, 11:49 AM
Teams can do whatever they want for travel according to what fits in their budget.

I agree though, teams should start flying, especially on the Pittsburgh-area trips. They are really brutal on the bus.

That was talked about a lot during last weeks game. a 10 hour ride just had the RMU kids tired, and they looked it out there. they didn't seem all their mentally. It doesn't help to lose, drive home another 10 hours and then in 6 days make that trip again. When I lived in MD I hated making the 5 hour trip more than once a month it would kill me, so I feel bad for them.

I couldn't find a direct flight, but Pitt to Warwick is 3 hours with a layover. IT would make sense for the Duquesne and RMU teams to fly probably. Especially if they have road trips at CCSU and Bryant in one season.

aceinthehole
October 22nd, 2008, 12:55 PM
Its a very long bus ride, but don't most teams bus in and arrive on Friday?

For the Eastern teams heading to Western PA once or twice a year it can't be that bad. Lots of time to review tape on the bus and go over startegy. Maybe kids study or just chill.

If you leave early enough (or are close enough) can't you can get out there on Friday evening and do a light run through? Get a meal and then head to the hotel. Wake up and bus to the stadium for gameday. The drive home after the game sucks if you lose, but its not that bad if you win.

(Now, for RMU who must do this for every away game, it must take a bigger toll than the "reverse" commute of the rest of the NEC)

Dane96
October 22nd, 2008, 12:57 PM
For the Eastern teams heading to Western PA once or twice a year it can't be that bad. Lots of time to review tape on the bus and go over startegy. Maybe kids study or just chill.

Or, if you follow the St. John's model, are tuckered out from a night of extra-curricular activities in Pittsburgh.xsmiley_wix xwhistlex

danefan
October 22nd, 2008, 01:01 PM
Its a very long bus ride, but don't most teams bus in and arrive on Friday?

If you leave early enough (or are close enough) can't you can get out there on Friday evening and do a light run through? Get a meal and then head to the hotel. Wake up and bus to the stadium for gameday. The drive home after the game sucks if you lose, but its not that bad if you win.

(Now, for RMU who must do this for every away game, it must take a bigger toll than the "reverse" commute of the rest of the NEC)

At Albany the team always leaves the morning of the day before the game. When I played we stopped in Buffalo a few times to break up the trip and had a walkthrough at UBuffalo. That was more then half-way from Albany and worked pretty well.

The bus ride home was worse then there. I never played in a game at RMU or St. Francis that we lost, but I can't even imagine having to do the ride home after a loss.

You can fly from Albany to Pittsburgh for very cheap but its not direct. The team could charter a flight, but not many teams have that kind of scratch for conference games. Albany does usually charters flights for its non-conference games that require flights.

Original_RMC
October 22nd, 2008, 07:16 PM
Robert Morris does the same with leaving early Friday morning, stopping for a quick breakfast and small breaks.
For a game at CCSU, I think we left around 4am so we could check into the hotel and still have time for a walk through at CCSU stadium. (For Wagner we did our walk through at Rutgers but that may have changed by now)

But you are right...those bus rides after the games sucked especially after losing.

seahawkfan2007
October 23rd, 2008, 06:12 PM
Wagner leaves on Friday AM for away games with St. Francis, RMU and CCSU. This year we took a bus on gameday to the Stonehill (Mass) game (which was played on a Friday night). In my opinion not a good schedule choice or travel plan. We did fly to both Jacksonville and San Diego a few times which is nice.

PS: I had Paul McCartney and David McCarty mixed up. Both are very good at what they do.

dgreco
October 23rd, 2008, 06:31 PM
Wagner leaves on Friday AM for away games with St. Francis, RMU and CCSU. This year we took a bus on gameday to the Stonehill (Mass) game (which was played on a Friday night). In my opinion not a good schedule choice or travel plan. We did fly to both Jacksonville and San Diego a few times which is nice.

PS: I had Paul McCartney and David McCarty mixed up. Both are very good at what they do.

Bryant drove the same day of the Marist game and it hurt them much like Wagner was hurt in the Stonehill game. Hopefully Bryant learns from that with the rest of their road trips.

Dane96
October 24th, 2008, 08:05 AM
CCSU @ Monmouth - 17-14. CCSU...whether they are #2, or #1a in the league right now...I am not sure of! Get the whirlpool ready for both teams...lots of banging!

RMU @ Wagner - 23-14 The most disappointing team in the past few years of the NEC, IMHO, loses but gets a pretty view of the NYC skyline. Both are meh teams...but I think Wagner takes it.

Sacred Heart @ Duquesne - 27-17 lI think SHU is VERY improved...but they are probably having a bit of a tough time losing that game to Albany...and with the long trip and weather....I like the Dukes.

St. Francis @ Albany - 45-20. I am a little surprised by Danefan's attendance projections because of weather, ****ty seats, etc....but I do think we will break the 5k mark. St. Francis needs to really think about FCS football and their commitment level. Pine Bowl or not...this team is really bad.

That being said...I will be the first to say it: I THINK ALBANY HAS BEEN VERY DISAPPOINTING THIS YEAR...VERY HELTER SKELTER...and I wont put a blowout in their prediction.

Bryant @ UMass - 41-7 Have to see about Liam, but I think UMASS is going to run away with this one. They need a win...they need a BIG WIN over a decent opponent. Bryant is very similar to how Albany came to the NEC and I think they are two years away from being a team that can compete with ANYONE.

danefan
October 24th, 2008, 08:42 AM
CCSU @ Monmouth - 17-14. CCSU...whether they are #2, or #1a in the league right now...I am not sure of! Get the whirlpool ready for both teams...lots of banging!

RMU @ Wagner - 23-14 The most disappointing team in the past few years of the NEC, IMHO, loses but gets a pretty view of the NYC skyline. Both are meh teams...but I think Wagner takes it.

Sacred Heart @ Duquesne - 27-17 lI think SHU is VERY improved...but they are probably having a bit of a tough time losing that game to Albany...and with the long trip and weather....I like the Dukes.

St. Francis @ Albany - 45-20. I am a little surprised by Danefan's attendance projections because of weather, ****ty seats, etc....but I do think we will break the 5k mark. St. Francis needs to really think about FCS football and their commitment level. Pine Bowl or not...this team is really bad.

That being said...I will be the first to say it: I THINK ALBANY HAS BEEN VERY DISAPPOINTING THIS YEAR...VERY HELTER SKELTER...and I wont put a blowout in their prediction.

Bryant @ UMass - 41-7 Have to see about Liam, but I think UMASS is going to run away with this one. They need a win...they need a BIG WIN over a decent opponent. Bryant is very similar to how Albany came to the NEC and I think they are two years away from being a team that can compete with ANYONE.

I take back my attendance prediction. It was before i saw the rain forecast, which sucks.
Now looks like 60% chance of rain for gametime.

DetroitFlyer
October 24th, 2008, 09:01 AM

Granted the Red Flash are struggling a bit, but come on, it is not like they are losing every game by 50 points every weekend.... The important thing is they have a team, they have decent facilities, and they are working to get better.

Take a look at Butler of the PFL. They have been down for a number of years, but 2008 is looking much better for the Bulldogs. Even though the record does not show it, I would argue that SFUP is in better shape than Butler was three years ago....

Dane96
October 24th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Detroit-- St. Francis has NEVER been up...and they NEVER improve.

There is a big difference between Butler (resources) and St. Francis.

dgreco
October 24th, 2008, 10:08 AM
if St. Francis folds and we continue to up the scholarships we can get URI in the league :D

Marist has committed to no scholarships, Iona hasn't said anything. That only really leaves all the URI rumors that they would be more comfortable in a NEC type league. I think that would make the UAlbany and CCSU admins happy too?

danefan
October 24th, 2008, 10:22 AM
if St. Francis folds and we continue to up the scholarships we can get URI in the league :D

Marist has committed to no scholarships, Iona hasn't said anything. That only really leaves all the URI rumors that they would be more comfortable in a NEC type league. I think that would make the UAlbany and CCSU admins happy too?

St. Francis isn't going to fold. They'll always just be at the bottom of the league.

Every league has to have a cellar dweller. I'm OK with St. Francis sucking so long as they play good OOC games, are competitive against the down NEC teams in conference play, and maintain some sort of financial committment to football.

aceinthehole
October 24th, 2008, 10:36 AM
St. Francis isn't going to fold. They'll always just be at the bottom of the league.

Every league has to have a cellar dweller. I'm OK with St. Francis sucking so long as they play good OOC games, are competitive against the down NEC teams in conference play, and maintain some sort of financial committment to football.

I agree. SFPA will be on the low end of NEC schollys (now at just 20) and will be a bad program almost every year. My hope is they can be like Wagner last year or SHU this year. Put together a good team every 4 years and finish as high as 4th in the league. Win some decent OOC games too (vs. down team in MEAC, PL, or OVC).

URI fans have wanted to move to the NEC. They administration at URI has said no such thing! They are linked pretty close to Maine, UNH, and to a lesser extent UMass. The Rams aren't going to the NEC, while the other New England schools stay in the CAA. They would be seen as inferior. Now, as many have speculated, the CAA could split and form a new conference with some of the current NEC (CCSU, UA, MON), but that's another story.

The NEC membership doesn't want or need URI football (although CCSU, Monmouth, and Albany would love the idea).

Dane96
October 24th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I agree as well!

redflash2
October 25th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Hey. St. Francis has had a tough year this year but they won't be a cellar dweller for long. Injuries have depleted this team this year and that's a fact. They have lost two linebackers out for the season, #1 wide receiver out for the season, qb is out for a couple of weeks, corner out for 4-6 weeks. If you look at the numbers this season they where in every game except for the VMI game. Marist only by seven because they folded in the second half. Duquesne umm only 14, score really should have been 7-14. Monmouth wow they had them on the ropes at halftime only down be a few, sacred heart was if im correct a tie ball game at halftime, and wagner a loss by four. St. Francis is not a bad team guys but depth is a key for them they have good skill positions but there interior is kinda soft and that's where they hurt at. Guys I know all of you are saying they are terrible and stuff like that but there really not honestly, and matter of fact the score @ VMI was only 14-0 at halftime.... Depth is the key for Saint Francis there are not that bad honestly.

dgreco
October 25th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Hey. St. Francis has had a tough year this year but they won't be a cellar dweller for long. Injuries have depleted this team this year and that's a fact. They have lost two linebackers out for the season, #1 wide receiver out for the season, qb is out for a couple of weeks, corner out for 4-6 weeks. If you look at the numbers this season they where in every game except for the VMI game. Marist only by seven because they folded in the second half. Duquesne umm only 14, score really should have been 7-14. Monmouth wow they had them on the ropes at halftime only down be a few, sacred heart was if im correct a tie ball game at halftime, and wagner a loss by four. St. Francis is not a bad team guys but depth is a key for them they have good skill positions but there interior is kinda soft and that's where they hurt at. Guys I know all of you are saying they are terrible and stuff like that but there really not honestly, and matter of fact the score @ VMI was only 14-0 at halftime.... Depth is the key for Saint Francis there are not that bad honestly.
Injuries are not always an excuse.

Bryant has lost 18 starters to injury this year. Some of the those starters were not original starters but they became starters after injury and they are out now.

redflash2
October 25th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Injuries can definetly be an excuse for saint franny especially after u look at the backups.

JMG1MON
October 25th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Red, you're joking regarding the Monmouth game correct??? That game wasn't that close at halftime!!! You trailed 21-6 at halftime and the closest you made it the rest of the way was 12!!

dgreco
October 25th, 2008, 01:31 PM
any score updates?

Bryant 7
UMass 35
HALF TIME

Monmouth 21
CCSU 6
HALF TIME

rmutv
October 25th, 2008, 01:43 PM
RMU 21
WAG 3

halftime

dgreco
October 25th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Sacred Heart 22
Duquense 17

in the 3rd

rmutv
October 25th, 2008, 02:03 PM
35-3 Robert Morris over Wagner in the 3rd quarter.

RMU safety Michael Landers nearly had two defensive touchdowns in a row. He returned a fumble 59 yards, and then 4 plays later, Landers recovered another fumble and returned it 50 yards but was pushed out of bounds at the 14. RMU punched it in a few plays later.

dgreco
October 25th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Sacred Heart 29
Duquense 17

rmutv
October 25th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Robert Morris has forced six turnovers. Four fumble recoveries, two interceptions.

One fumble returned for a touchdown, one interception for a touchdown. One fumble nearly returned for a TD, one interception nearly returned for a TD.

It is not Wagner's day.

JMG1MON
October 25th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Monmouth wins 30-20, another huge day for Sinisi

rmutv
October 25th, 2008, 03:12 PM
35-3 is the final for the Colonials.

Dane96
October 25th, 2008, 07:27 PM
All I have to say about what I heard from two different people other than Danefan about the SFU game...

...if it werent for 50 mph winds and driving rain, Albany would have been up by 40 after the first half.

Final 27-3.

DetroitFlyer
October 26th, 2008, 09:24 AM
All I have to say about what I heard from two different people other than Danefan about the SFU game...

...if it werent for 50 mph winds and driving rain, Albany would have been up by 40 after the first half.

Final 27-3.

Seems to me that SFUP played in the EXACT same conditions.... Yet another week that SFUP does not win, BUT they do not get blown out either....

JMG1MON
October 26th, 2008, 11:32 AM
NEC title probably on the line next weekend now!!!! Although MU still has to play surprising SHU. Can't wait. I'm glad Albany is a little less than a 2 hour drive for me!!!

UAalum72
October 26th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Yet another week that SFUP does not win, BUT they do not get blown out either....

Seems to me when you're down 21-0 in the first quarter and you never score a touchdown, you're not exactly competitive either.

aceinthehole
October 26th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Seems to me when you're down 21-0 in the first quarter and you never score a touchdown, you're not exactly competitive either.

Exactly. The NEC is pretty conservative in generall and true blow outs are rare.

IMO - both of CCSU loss (2 pts to UA and just 10 to Monmouth) weren't that close. CCSU had to play from behind and were never out of it, but were clerly playing from behind for most of 2nd half.

The UA-Monmouth showdown should be a great one. Wish CCSU put up a better effort vs. both these teams, but we were outcoached and out executed yet again, by the class of the NEC. Whoever wins would represent the NEC well, if we had a spot in the playoffs this year.

Dane96
October 26th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Seems to me that SFUP played in the EXACT same conditions.... Yet another week that SFUP does not win, BUT they do not get blown out either....

Seems to me you are a jackal as usual. ALBANY scored 21 quick first qtr points BEFORE THE TROPICAL STORM. St. Francis did not. Arguably, and logically speaking, that would have continued sans the monsoon.

Now get your shinebox.

Dane96
October 26th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Exactly. The NEC is pretty conservative in generall and true blow outs are rare.

IMO - both of CCSU loss (2 pts to UA and just 10 to Monmouth) weren't that close. CCSU had to play from behind and were never out of it, but were clerly playing from behind for most of 2nd half.

The UA-Monmouth showdown should be a great one. Wish CCSU put up a better effort vs. both these teams, but we were outcoached and out executed yet again, by the class of the NEC. Whoever wins would represent the NEC well, if we had a spot in the playoffs this year.

ACE and JMG-- Can you give me a little insight regarding Monmouth this year; I knew they would be good...but they are much better than I expected...MUCH BETTER. In fact, if I were making odds for the game I would give it to Albany -2 simply because it is a home game and that field is going to be a mess from last week.

I am really interested/concerned about this game.

As for CCSU, you guys are young...I wouldnt worry...and I would expect a MAJOR battle for the top next year.

dgreco
October 26th, 2008, 02:09 PM
ACE and JMG-- Can you give me a little insight regarding Monmouth this year; I knew they would be good...but they are much better than I expected...MUCH BETTER. In fact, if I were making odds for the game I would give it to Albany -2 simply because it is a home game and that field is going to be a mess from last week.

As for CCSU, you guys are young...I wouldnt worry...and I would expect a MAJOR battle for the top next year.

The biggest thing I saw while at the MU game was execution, they hardly made any mistakes and they just kept pounding. Sirisi didn't have that many yards until the 4th quarter, but just kept to their game and eventually he broke out a few big ones. The defense wasn't a big play defense, but they seemed to put a lot of pressure on the QB. 2 good spots for Bryant are its Oline and its "big play" defense(high turnover ratio, but also give up the big play because they are aggresive). And in that game MU dominated the Bryant OLine.

Dane96
October 26th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Well then...so it sounds like it is going to be a typical NORTHEAST STYLE BATTLE...and the boys in the trenches will need extra jacuzzi time.

This is going to come down to a "who is tougher in the street fight" game and Sinisi vs. McCarty should be something special.

redflash2
October 26th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Not true it was definetly raining in the first quarter, I was in the stands. SFUPA played tough if they could get off the field on third down the game might have been different in the first quarter...xnodx

redflash2
October 26th, 2008, 03:43 PM

Agree!!! xnodx

Dane96
October 26th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Why wouldnt you.

Your team had its ass handed to you until the rain came. I am tired of hearing about up and coming SFU.

I will say...the kids played hard from what I was told...and were shorthanded. Particluarly, your QB was tough as nails according to many.

As long as SFU schedules up and doesnt hurt league ratings, I have no problem with them.

Dane96
October 26th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Not true it was definetly raining in the first quarter, I was in the stands. SFUPA played tough if they could get off the field on third down the game might have been different in the first quarter...xnodx

Dude...I know it was raining...but it wasnt a monsoon like it changed. Albany is the headquarters for the NE doppler radar center...and the school features one of the best atmospheric science programs in the country.

They forecast exactly what happened-- rain from 4 to 430...tropical storm conditions the rest of the way.

In any event...SFU got pounded for the first qtr...with the rain.

Monmouth Fan
October 26th, 2008, 05:30 PM

The key to a Monmouth victory is that the defense keeps playing as well as it has this year. Last year, that was the most decimated part of the team from 2006. They could be playing as well as then. This game will be a battle.

Dane96
October 26th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Hmmmm....then I might stay home; I am bad luck when good D from Monmouth shows in Albany. :)

aceinthehole
October 26th, 2008, 06:58 PM
96 - This is going to be one hell of a game, don't miss it. Both teams are very evenly matched. Both have great coaches. And both have monster RBs. It could come to QB play (which has been up and down for both squads).

I'd probably give the edge to UA at home, but this is basically a toss up. Albany must avoid mistakes (penalties/turnovers). Monmouth is too good and will take advantage of any opportunity you give them. The Hawks have been solid this year and we forget they lost to Maine on a final hail mary pass. You could argue that win would have been better than Albany's at Hofstra. Either way, IMO the winner deserves a shot in the playoffs (although it won't happen) and the loser has nothing to be ashamed of. This will be a "good" loss for one team.

(As for CCSU, you're right. We are very young and are actually pretty stacked. We're not that bad, it just hurts to lose the big games again. We are very close to winning both games, but were short on experinece and execution. Funny how we can beat a last year's MEAC champ, yet come up short vs. the top of the NEC. ;) It will remain a "big 3" league for a while, but the NEC has come a long way.)

JMG1MON
October 27th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Monmouth's offense is simple. For the most part its pound the ball with Sinisi and then let Burke throw short 7-8 yd passes, nothing really downfield. Monouth's defense has been playing really well of late. Hopefully that continues.

I watched the entire Maine, Bryant, RMU, Wagner and CCSU games on the internet. I was at the Coastal and SFPA games. (I was at a Yankees debacle that made it impossible for me to watch the opener against URI). They are very very good on the O-line, which is why Sinisi is so good. They do not run the spread like they had been in the past. They now run the pistol offense (similar to the spread but very different).