PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston State at Northwestern State - Game Thread

TexasTerror
October 20th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Sam Houston State Bearkats @ Northwestern State Demons
Saturday, October 25 · 2 p.m · Turpin Stadium (Natchitoches, La.)
Northwestern State Homecoming

Live Video: http://www.nsudemons.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?SPSID=93051&SPID=11371&db_oem_id=20000

Live Stats: http://www.nsudemons.com/liveStats/liveStats.dbml

Audio:
NSU: http://www.nsudemons.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?SPSID=93051&SPID=11371&db_oem_id=20000
SHSU: http://www.gobearkats.com or http://www.ksam1017.com

Releases
NSU: http://www.nsudemons.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=20000&KEY=&ATCLID=1345313&SPID=11371&SPSID=99682
SHSU: http://www.gobearkats.com/pdf1/148394.pdf?ATCLID=1607672&SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_OEM_ID=19900

Team Web Site:
NSU: http://www.nsudemons.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=20000&KEY=&SPID=11371&SPSID=93049
SHSU: http://www.gobearkats.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19900&KEY=&SPID=11345&SPSID=92955

Team Fan Sites:
NSU: http://forums.delphiforums.com/forkemdemons
SHSU: http://www.katfans.com/

Game Day Weather Information: http://www.wunderground.com/sports/CFB/hometeam/Northwestern_State:Demons.html

TexasTerror
October 20th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Bearkats release is out...

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19900&ATCLID=1607672

TexasTerror
October 21st, 2008, 11:08 AM
Todd Whitten Teleconference (paraphrased as always)

(Opening Statement) #1, I thought last week's game -- McNeese really took it to us. They contorlled line of scrimmage on both sides of ball. Never had an answer for that. They are certainly a good football team. I thought we'd play better, but I was dissapointed we did not make more plays. A large part of that was due to how McNeese played. Ran ball well, did not commit turnover. Small handful of penalties. Really took it to us. Got to bounce back. Got to go to Northwest for their homecoming. Very tough, hard fought game. Another typical day in SLC. We got respect for NW Louisiana. Agressive, play fast. Going to have to have a good week of prep. Main thing we got to do is protect our QB better and be more balanced. A week ago, we ran the ball well and we're going to need more balanced to be effective. Going to be a good game this week, we're going to need to be effective.

(Big Finish Last Year/Kevin Gore) We are a veteran team, have a good senior class. We've lost three games -- Kansas, UCA by two points and McNeese. We're going to try to stay the course, keep preparing well. I think we got a pretty good team. We'll take it one week at a time. That's what we do every year, count them up at the end and see how we did. I got great confidence in our team in bouncing back. Nothing that has happened this year that is confusing to me, beaten by a good Kansas team, Central Ark team and McNeese team. See if we can get back at it and get this thing right.

3rd Coast Tiger
October 21st, 2008, 11:18 AM
Does Northwestern have a defense to stop Bomar?

TexasTerror
October 21st, 2008, 11:20 AM
Does Northwestern have a defense to stop Bomar?

Question is -- will we have a balanced enough offensive attack? A lot of the Kat faithful were upset that SHSU dropped the run despite early success and did not hog up the time of possession...

Demons are known for that Purple Swarm!

3rd Coast Tiger
October 21st, 2008, 11:23 AM
Question is -- will we have a balanced enough offensive attack? A lot of the Kat faithful were upset that SHSU dropped the run despite early success and did not hog up the time of possession...

Thanks buddy!

patssle
October 21st, 2008, 11:30 AM

The problem isn't being balanced. The problem is our coaching staff not going with what works. Passing worked for all the games, except McNeese. So they did what they do best, did not change their gameplan and continued with what didn't work. Meanwhile, Aston only gets 7 carries and averages 4.7 YPC.

If something doesn't work, YOU CHANGE YOUR GAMEPLAN.

TexasTerror
October 24th, 2008, 08:16 AM
NSU QB situation with more news on the link below...

Drew Branch will start at quarterback again Saturday. John Hundley, who started the first six games, will dress but play only in case of emergency.

Branch completed 20 of 33 passes in a 26-21 loss to Southeastern last week.

"I thought Drew came in and played very well," Stoker said. "You take away the five, six, seven dropped passes, he probably throws for 350 yards on about 26 of 33."

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20081024/SPORTS10/810240355/1006

SFA 71
October 24th, 2008, 10:33 AM
If something doesn't work, YOU CHANGE YOUR GAMEPLAN.

..this is the game plan. TW has sent a top secret newsletter to all the SFA faithful with his plans to destroy the shs program from inside by losing all the games he can while acting like he cares about the foundering beercat program. xnodx He's willing to screw his whole career to bring down the hated beercats. His next objective is to get the game ball painted Purple to throw off the offensive linemen when they come to the line of scrimmage then ..... Watch over the next couple of weeks & you will see our plans fulfilled. xwhistlex

xthumbsupx

Panther88
October 24th, 2008, 11:53 AM
..this is the game plan. TW has sent a top secret newsletter to all the SFA faithful with his plans to destroy the shs program from inside by losing all the games he can while acting like he cares about the foundering beercat program. xnodx He's willing to screw his whole career to bring down the hated beercats. His next objective is to get the game ball painted Purple to throw off the offensive linemen when they come to the line of scrimmage then ..... Watch over the next couple of weeks & you will see our plans fulfilled. xwhistlex [/COLOR]

xthumbsupx

Sounds about right.

I've never seen such a sad collection of fans bytching and moaning in my entire life. :|

Can't wait to get SHSU @ Blackshear so we can give them "the treatment." lol

3rd Coast Tiger
October 24th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I've never seen such a sad collection of fans bytching and moaning in my entire life. :|

What are you talking about? xconfusedx

Panther88
October 24th, 2008, 12:13 PM
What are you talking about? xconfusedx

U do read comments on their fan site, eh? katfans. xrolleyesx

Some of the comments from a few alleged "alums" permeates of stupidity and geeks who've never been athletic in their entire life and thusly know nothing of the inner workings of sports rather than to bytch and moan THINKING they could somehow do better. I fault madden and ncaa college games for nintendo for geeks having the gall to even ATTEMPT to think they could THINK or PERFORM better than what they're seeing on the field of play. People like those are the types that make me want to rip their ACL to shreds lol if they ever ventured onto a basketball or tennis court anytime soon. lol They'd never venture into a game of "flag" xrolleyesx football w/ someone like myself because I'd seriously try to injure them. lol xlolx

More parents need to read those type fan sites before they send their kids to schools. :)

3rd Coast Tiger
October 24th, 2008, 12:25 PM

Some of the comments from a few alleged "alums" permeates of stupidity and geeks who've never been athletic in their entire life and thusly know nothing of the inner workings of sports rather than to bytch and moan THINKING they could somehow do better. I fault madden and ncaa college games for nintendo for geeks having the gall to even ATTEMPT to think they could THINK or PERFORM better than what they're seeing on the field of play. People like those are the types that make me want to rip their ACL to shreds lol if they ever ventured onto a basketball or tennis court anytime soon. lol They'd never venture into a game of "flag" xrolleyesx football w/ someone like myself because I'd seriously try to injure them. lol xlolx

More parents need to read those type fan sites before they send their kids to schools. :)

katfans.com? Hmmm..... I may need to make it over there one day. Thanks for the heads up! :D

Alums, fans, supporters bytch on EVERY message board so what makes what you say about katfans posters any different? xconfusedx

Go to one of your "big brothers" message boards www.texags.com and you'd see the exact same frustration.

Panther88
October 24th, 2008, 03:03 PM
katfans.com? Hmmm..... I may need to make it over there one day. Thanks for the heads up! :D

Alums, fans, supporters bytch on EVERY message board so what makes what you say about katfans posters any different? xconfusedx

Go to one of your "big brothers" message boards www.texags.com and you'd see the exact same frustration.

It's not like you haven't been on katfans before pulling excerpts of quotes directed @ Terror. xrolleyesx Geez man.

Bytching about coaching and such is one thing. When one is bytching about a particular player(s), well, that's another. :| Too bad those guys aren't as quick to read and confron, I mean, get into nice dialogue w/ the "fans." xlolx That would be something to see! A 280+ lb tub of lard w/ a 12.0 flat 40yd time attempting to belittle the skills of someone who is eons beyond them physically and more than naught, academically as well. xreadx

Regarding that "big brother" comment, I know not of what you speak. I called my mother to ensure that I'm the only male she birthed and she just verified that I was right. xthumbsupx And, if you're thinking PVAMU is the "little brother" of that school @ bryan/college station, well, that too is very wrong. They were birthed @ the same time on the same piece of raggedy state constitutional paper. lol The only "little" and "big" whatever regarding the A&M that is we and the a&m that is they is the travesty that's occurred over the last 120+ years in regards to stupid people from backwards texas settling (pro status quo) for the disparity in treatment ($$$$$-funding, specifically). :) "Brotha'." xrolleyesx xlolx

gokats85
October 25th, 2008, 08:37 AM

The ones that are yelling the loudest on katfans.com ARE graduates of SHSU (I personally know most of them). Almost all are season ticket holders and have made contributions in money, sweat and time to the athletic department. We're the ones who power-washed Bowers Stadium last summer (on our own dime along with the blisters and sunburns), paid for the inflatable tunnel that the Kats run out of before kickoff, the "stomp banner" and other contributions. So excuse us if we are not exactly happy with how our team is doing this season (especially the coaching). Katfans.com is not affiliated with SHSU, so we can gripe if we want to, but if you look close enough, we also give praise when it is due. That's what forums like AGS and Katfans are all about.

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Kats seek turnaround against Demons (Huntsville Item)
http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_299015929.html

Demons defense prepares for battle (Shreveport Times)
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081025/SPORTS02/810250334/1001/SPORTS

Transfer Duffy gives NSU a boost (Shreveport Times)
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008810230320

Panther88
October 25th, 2008, 10:19 AM
The ones that are yelling the loudest on katfans.com ARE graduates of SHSU (I personally know most of them). Almost all are season ticket holders and have made contributions in money, sweat and time to the athletic department. We're the ones who power-washed Bowers Stadium last summer (on our own dime along with the blisters and sunburns), paid for the inflatable tunnel that the Kats run out of before kickoff, the "stomp banner" and other contributions. So excuse us if we are not exactly happy with how our team is doing this season (especially the coaching). Katfans.com is not affiliated with SHSU, so we can gripe if we want to, but if you look close enough, we also give praise when it is due. That's what forums like AGS and Katfans are all about.

That's admirable gk85. Can we borrow the power washer so we can clean our stadium? lol (j/k we have our own eqmpt)

I understand the comments towards coaches, to a certain degree; however, I don't understand comments/yells geared towards kids, ever. And how anyone could support someone making a negative remark about a kid who voluntarily enters your school and performs athletically representing your school is beyond me too. That's very disrespectful.

It's not my dog in your "SHSU" fight. The only interest I ever had (have) (personally) is that I wanted Sam to do overly well and win the SLC so that when we beat you guys @ your place, all would know how legit we are (were). xcoffeex The game w/ SAM was to be a litmus as to if we were FCS "ready" or were we still SWAC "ready." xreadx

crossfire07
October 25th, 2008, 12:27 PM
I understand the comments towards coaches, to a certain degree; however, I don't understand comments/yells geared towards kids, ever. And how anyone could support someone making a negative remark about a kid who voluntarily enters your school and performs athletically representing your school is beyond me too. That's very disrespectful.

I'm with you on that one Panther. Its just WRONG to call out a kid that is out there doing the best that he can do. It might not be what other people want but it is the BEST he can do and should always be appreciated not humiliated.

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 02:02 PM
NWST wins the toss, takes the ball and will start at their own 39 after the kickoff...

Branch still at QB for Demons...

Madkins moved to TE for Kats offense from WR...

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Kats have problems with the kickoff. Do a great job on Lawrence on the first play..but Griffin and then Lawrence provide the hurt on the Kats, who just can't stop those third down plays...consecutive first downs for Demons...

1-10 NWLA 30 Ortiz, Lucas kickoff 56 yards to the NWLA14, Perry, Justin return 24 yards to the NWLA38 (Pippins, Jarvis).
1-10 SHSU 38 Lawrence, Byron rush for loss of 1 yard to the NWLA37 (Simon, Frank).
2-11 Hundley, John pass complete to Seastrunk, Kedr for 9 yards to the NWLA46 (Skinner, Billy).
3-2 Griffin, Willia rush for 5 yards to the SHSU49, 1ST DOWN NWLA (Bucek, Nolen;Sparks, Jeff).

1-10 Lawrence, Byron rush for 11 yards to the SHSU38, 1ST DOWN NWLA (Skinner, Billy).

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Well, this is familiar...Kats can't stop the run...and that opens up the passing lanes as Demons are now in the "red area"...

1-10 Lawrence, Byron rush for 10 yards to the SHSU28, 1ST DOWN NWLA (Jenkins, Camero).

1-10 Lawrence, Byron rush for no gain to the SHSU28 (Bucek, Nolen).
2-10 Branch, Drew pass complete to Duffy, Darius for 5 yards to the SHSU23 (Simon, Frank).
3-5 Branch, Drew pass complete to Varnado, Adam for 9 yards to the SHSU14, 1ST DOWN NWLA (Brewer, Wonsele).

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Lawrence. Lawrence.

1-10 Lawrence, Byron rush for 3 yards to the SHSU11 (Brown, Chris;Jenkins, Camero).
2-7 Lawrence, Byron rush for 8 yards to the SHSU3, 1ST DOWN NWLA (Skinner, Billy;Bucek, Nolen).

And Lawrence...TOUCHDOWN.

1-0 Lawrence, Byron rush for 3 yards to the SHSU0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 09:24.

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Sam Houston State at Northwestern State
Unofficial Scoring Summary

First Quarter
NWST: Byron Lawrence 3 yard run (Robert Weeks kick), 9:24 - NWST 7-0 SHSU

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Aston back fielding kickoffs...and another SHSU 3-and-out...but wait, roughing the passer...Kats are bailed out.

1-0 Weeks, Robert kickoff 63 yards to the SHSU7, Aston, James return 14 yards to the SHSU21 (Riggs, Gary).
1-10 NWLA 21 Aston, James rush for no gain to the SHSU21 (Clark, Dennis).
2-10 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Aston, James for 1 yard to the SHSU22 (Loche, Rogers).
3-9 PENALTY NWLA roughing passer (Riggs, Gary) 15 yards to the SHSU37, 1ST DOWN SHSU.

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Madkins hurt on that first-down play in which Aston gained the four yards...came back in though...Kats fall short on the 3rd down, the penalty on the second play hurt...

1-10 Aston, James rush for 4 yards to the SHSU41 (Love, Ledell).
2-6 PENALTY SHSU false start (Houston, Catron) 5 yards to the SHSU36.
2-11 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Aston, James (Smith, Albert).
3-11 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Wells, Justin for 9 yards to the SHSU45 (Riggs, Gary).

Kats down the punt at the NW07.

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Kats have NWST pinned and what happens? Lawrence breaks a tackle behind the line, made a move and gives some cushion. Demons continue to move the ball at will...

1-10 Lawrence, Byron rush for 8 yards to the NWLA15 (Mikolajchak, Er).
2-2 Lawrence, Byron rush for no gain to the NWLA15 (Skinner, Billy;Gloston, Ryan).
3-2 Griffin, Willia rush for 9 yards to the NWLA24, 1ST DOWN NWLA (Stewart, Randy).

1-10 SHSU 24 Branch, Drew pass complete to Seastrunk, Kedr for 13 yards to the NWLA37, 1ST DOWN NWLA (Skinner, Billy).

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Kats defense steps up and got the ball back for the offense...who take over inside their own 15...we've got less than 2 min left in the first quarter. Geez!

1-10 SHSU 37 Stoker, Calvin rush for 6 yards to the NWLA43 (Bucek, Nolen).
2-4 SHSU 43 Griffin, Willia rush for 1 yard to the NWLA44 (Bucek, Nolen).
3-3 SHSU 44 Lawrence, Byron rush for no gain to the NWLA44 (Brewer, Wonsele;Cobb, Antonio).

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Three and out...

1-10 NWLA 12 SAM HOUSTON STATE drive start at 01:54.
1-10 NWLA 12 Aston, James rush for 1 yard to the SHSU13 (Smith, Albert).
2-9 NWLA 13 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Lucas, Chris for 6 yards to the SHSU19 (Arceneaux, Colb).
3-3 Aston, James rush for no gain to the SHSU19 (Lane, Jeremy).
4-3 Raymer, Derrick punt 48 yards to the NWLA33, Edwards, Jasper return 11 yards to the NWLA44 (Brewer, Wonsele).

END OF FIRST QUARTER

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Demons make it work on 3rd and 13. Just can't close it out when we have a team pushed to their limits...

1-10 Start of 2nd quarter, clock 15:00.
1-10 Lawrence, Byron rush for loss of 3 yards to the NWLA41 (Mikolajchak, Er).
2-13 Branch, Drew pass incomplete to Duffy, Darius.
3-13 Branch, Drew pass complete to Duffy, Darius for 14 yards to the SHSU45, 1ST DOWN NWLA (Skinner, Billy).

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 02:34 PM
1-10 Branch, Drew pass complete to Seastrunk, Kedr for 36 yards to the SHSU9, 1ST DOWN NWLA (Bucek, Nolen).

And Lawrence runs it in from 9 yards out...

First Quarter

Second Quarter
NWST: Byron Lawrence 9 yard run (Robert Weeks kick), 12:52 - NWST 14-0 SHSU

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 02:37 PM
First down play -- wide open WR drops pass around 50. Same WR, this time overthrown on second down. Same WR, makes it happen on third down, thank goodness! First time a first down for the Kats, who got one earlier on a NWST penalty...

1-0 Weeks, Robert kickoff 67 yards to the SHSU3, Aston, James return 14 yards to the SHSU17 (Loche, Rogers).
1-10 SAM HOUSTON STATE drive start at 12:48.

1-10 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Houston, Catron, QB hurry by Dampier, Mack.
2-10 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Houston, Catron.
3-10 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Houston, Catron for 25 yards to the SHSU42, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Brown, Kasey).

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 02:40 PM
New TE Madkins gets the big first down as SHSU offense is showing some signs of life...and we're into the "red area"...

1-10 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Wells, Justin for 14 yards to the NWLA44, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Brown, Kasey).
2-10 Sam Houston State 44 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Madkins, Jason for 12 yards to the NWLA32, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Eckles, Wesley).

1-10 Sam Houston State 32 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Payne, Trey.
2-10 Sam Houston State 32 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Houston, Catron for 14 yards to the NWLA18, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Lane, Jeremy).

1-10 Bomar, Rhett rush for no gain to the NWLA44 (Love, Ledell;Clark, Dennis).

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Kats can't do anything when it counts most and can not get into the end zone...

1-10 Sam Houston State 18 PENALTY SHSU false start (Crockett, Chris) 5 yards to the NWLA23.
1-15 Sam Houston State 23 Robinson, TyMag rush for 3 yards to the NWLA20 (Love, Ledell).
2-12 Sam Houston State 20 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Wells, Justin, QB hurry by Delcambre, Blak.
3-12 Sam Houston State 20 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Payne, Trey.

First Quarter

Second Quarter
SHSU: Taylor Wilkins 37 yard field goal, 8:57 - NWST 14-3 SHSU

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Demons are forced three and out...

1-10 Northwestern State 29 NORTHWESTERN STATE drive start at 08:52.
1-10 Northwestern State 29 PENALTY NWLA holding (Seastrunk, Kedr) 10 yards to the NWLA19.
1-20 Northwestern State 19 Endsley, Sterli rush for 2 yards to the NWLA21 (Bucek, Nolen).
2-18 Northwestern State 21 Branch, Drew pass complete to Seastrunk, Kedr for 10 yards to the NWLA31 (Skinner, Billy).
3-8 Northwestern State 31 Branch, Drew pass incomplete to Seastrunk, Kedr (Mikolajchak, Er).

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 02:51 PM
No offense on first two plays and Bomar incomplete pass on third down ends the chance to capitalize on a defensive stop..

1-10 Sam Houston State 29 SAM HOUSTON STATE drive start at 06:48.
1-10 Sam Houston State 29 Aston, James rush for 1 yard to the SHSU30 (Smith, Albert).
2-9 Sam Houston State 30 Bomar, Rhett sacked for loss of 5 yards to the SHSU25 (Wattigny, Scott;Love, Ledell).
3-14 Sam Houston State 25 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Houston, Catron.

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 02:56 PM
The third consecutive third and out between the two teams, second in a row for Demons...Kats are at their own 47 after the punt.

1-10 Northwestern State 15 NORTHWESTERN STATE drive start at 05:09.
1-10 Northwestern State 15 Lawrence, Byron rush for 1 yard to the NWLA16 (Skinner, Billy).
2-9 Northwestern State 16 Branch, Drew pass incomplete to Austin, Dante.
3-9 Northwestern State 16 PENALTY NWLA delay of game (Branch, Drew) 5 yards to the NWLA11.
3-14 Griffin, Willia rush for no gain to the NWLA11 (Simon, Frank).

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 03:01 PM
No forward movement on first two plays. Kats call timeout and the pass was incomplete to Lucas...SHSU punt taken at NW09, flags down...illegal block, starts at NW05

1-10 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Madkins, Jason (Riggs, Gary).
2-10 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Wells, Justin for no gain to the SHSU47 (Lane, Jeremy).
3-10 Timeout Sam Houston State, clock 02:34.
3-10 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Lucas, Chris.

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Demons run the clock out...

END OF HALF

NWST 14-3 SHSU

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 03:08 PM
NWLA SHSU
FIRST DOWNS 10 5
RUSHING / PASSING / PENALTY 6 /4 /0 0 /4 /1
NET YARDS RUSHING 92 4
ATTEMPTS / YARDS GAINED / YARDS LOST 22 /96 /4 8 /9 /5
NET YARDS PASSING 96 81
COMPLETE/ATTEMPTS/INTERCEPTIONS 7 /10 / 0 8 /17 / 0
TOTAL OFFENSE PLAYS/NET YARDS 32 /188 25 /85
AVERAGE GAINED PER PLAY 5.9 3.4
FUMBLES/ LOST 0 / 0 0 / 0
PENALTIES/ YARDS 5 /45 2 /10
PUNTS/YARDS/AVERAGE 3 /126 /42.0 4 /193 /48.2
PUNTS RETURNS / YARDS 3 / 15 1 /0
KICKOFF RETURNS/ YARDS 2 /37 2 /28
INTERCEPTIONS/ YARDS - /- - /-
FUMBLE RETURNS/ YARDS - /- - /-
SACKS BY/ YARDS 1 /5 0 /0
THIRD-DOWN CONVERSIONS 4/ 7 1/ 6
FOURTH-DOWN CONVERSIONS 0 /0 0 /0
POSSESSION TIME 16:00 11:41

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Kats already in NWST territory...pass to the back of the end zone...said it looked like an outfielder losing the ball in the lights...Kats go for it on fourth down...Kats incomplete.

3-2 Northwestern State 26 Start of 3rd quarter, clock 15:00, NWLA ball on NWLA30.
3-2 Northwestern State 30 Weeks, Robert kickoff 66 yards to the SHSU4, Aston, James return 29 yards to the SHSU33 (Griffin, Willia), PENALTY SHSU holding 10 yards to the SHSU23, 1st and 10, SHSU ball on SHSU23.

1-10 Sam Houston State 23 SAM HOUSTON STATE drive start at 14:49.
1-10 Sam Houston State 23 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Lucas, Chris for 8 yards to the SHSU31 (Eckles, Wesley).
2-2 Sam Houston State 31 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Payne, Trey for 21 yards to the NWLA48, 1ST DOWN SHSU.

1-10 Sam Houston State 48 Bomar, Rhett rush for 8 yards to the NWLA40 (Perry, Justin;Riggs, Gary).
2-2 Sam Houston State 40 Aston, James rush for 6 yards to the NWLA34, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Smith, Albert).

1-10 Sam Houston State 34 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Madkins, Jason, QB hurry by Loche, Rogers.
2-10 Sam Houston State 34 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Lucas, Chris for 5 yards to the NWLA29 (Lane, Jeremy).
3-5 Sam Houston State 29 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Payne, Trey.
4-5 Sam Houston State 29 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Wells, Justin.

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Lawrence gets his first down...Kats force 3rd-and-17 after two solid defensive plays and we got a punt which puts SHSU at around the SH33...

1-10 Northwestern State 29 NORTHWESTERN STATE drive start at 11:58.
1-10 Northwestern State 29 Lawrence, Byron rush for 10 yards to the NWLA39, 1ST DOWN NWLA (58).

1-10 Northwestern State 39 Lawrence, Byron rush for 2 yards to the NWLA41 (Brown, Chris).
2-8 Northwestern State 41 Branch, Drew sacked for loss of 9 yards to the NWLA32 (Brown, Chris).
3-17 Northwestern State 32 Branch, Drew pass incomplete to Guice, Dudley (Brewer, Wonsele).

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 03:44 PM
FIRST TOUCHDOWN OF THE DAY FOR THE KATS!

1-10 Sam Houston State 34 SAM HOUSTON STATE drive start at 10:03.
1-10 Sam Houston State 34 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Houston, Catron for 2 yards to the SHSU36.
2-8 Sam Houston State 36 Aston, James rush for 5 yards to the SHSU41 (Dampier, Mack).
3-3 Sam Houston State 41 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Madkins, Jason for 12 yards to the NWLA47, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Eckles, Wesley).
1-10 Sam Houston State 47 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Lucas, Chris for 47 yards to the NWLA0, 1ST DOWN SHSU, TOUCHDOWN, clock 08:22.
1-0 Sam Houston State 03 Wilkins, Taylor kick attempt good.

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 47 yard pass tO Chris Lucas, 8:22 - NWST 14-10 SHSU

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Lawrence has at it again...but defense steps up the next go around and stops the Demons, but they decide to go on 4th-and-5...and the line jumps for NWST...4th-and-10...punting unit...SHSU ball killed at 3.

1-10 Northwestern State 41 Lawrence, Byron rush for 20 yards to the SHSU39, 1ST DOWN NWLA (Brewer, Wonsele).

1-10 Northwestern State 39 Lawrence, Byron rush for 9 yards to the SHSU30 (Brewer, Wonsele).
2-1 Northwestern State 30 Griffin, Willia rush for loss of 4 yards to the SHSU34 (Bucek, Nolen).
3-5 Northwestern State 34 Branch, Drew pass incomplete (Brown, Chris).
4-5 Northwestern State 34 PENALTY NWLA false start (Seastrunk, Kedr) 5 yards to the SHSU39.

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Kats have to move it away from their end zone...FB comes in and paves path for Aston to put some yards between end zone and their back...

1-10 Sam Houston State 03 SAM HOUSTON STATE drive start at 06:07.
1-10 Sam Houston State 03 PENALTY SHSU false start (Crockett, Chris) 1 yards to the SHSU2.
1-11 Sam Houston State 02 Aston, James rush for 6 yards to the SHSU8 (Eckles, Wesley;Dampier, Mack).
2-5 Sam Houston State 08 Aston, James rush for 8 yards to the SHSU16, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Eckles, Wesley;Riggs, Gary).

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Kats are moving the ball and into Demons territory...more life from the offense!

1-10 Sam Houston State 16 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Madkins, Jason for 16 yards to the SHSU32, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Brown, Kasey).

1-10 Sam Houston State 32 PENALTY SHSU false start (Watson, Travis) 5 yards to the SHSU27.
1-15 Sam Houston State 27 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Houston, Catron (Arceneaux, Colb).
2-15 Sam Houston State 27 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Houston, Catron for 38 yards to the NWLA35, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Chitman, Patric).

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Penalty followed by INT...Demons put to an end that chance for Kats to take the lead...

1-10 Sam Houston State 35 PENALTY SHSU holding (Watson, Travis) 10 yards to the NWLA45.
1-20 Sam Houston State 45 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Lucas, Chris for 6 yards to the NWLA39 (Dampier, Mack).
2-14 Sam Houston State 39 Bomar, Rhett pass intercepted by Brown, Kasey at the NWLA25, Brown, Kasey return 17 yards to the NWLA42 (Madkins, Jason).

DuckDuckGriz
October 25th, 2008, 03:59 PM
UNC scores

1:21

MONT 41
NO. COL 20

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Demons continue to have offensive line problems. Keep moving around on third and fourth downs...and on the third and long, Kats called for pass interference...

1-10 Northwestern State 42 Lawrence, Byron rush for no gain to the NWLA42 (Sparks, Jeff).
2-10 Northwestern State 42 Lawrence, Byron rush for 6 yards to the NWLA48 (Emerson, D J).
3-4 Northwestern State 48 PENALTY NWLA false start (Booker, Michael) 5 yards to the NWLA43.
3-9 Branch, Drew pass incomplete to Edwards, Jasper, PENALTY SHSU pass interference (Brewer, Wonsele) 15 yards to the SHSU42, 1ST DOWN NWLA, NO PLAY.

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Kats sack Branch to end the 3rd Quarter...

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 47 yard pass to Chris Lucas, 8:22 - NWST 14-10 SHSU

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Big Demons pass puts them in position to score...

1-10 Northwestern State 42 Branch, Drew sacked for loss of 7 yards to the SHSU49 (Mikolajchak, Er;Smith, Kevin).

2-17 Northwestern State 49 Start of 4th quarter, clock 15:00.
2-17 Northwestern State 49 Stoker, Calvin rush for 9 yards to the SHSU40 (Madkins, Jason;Emerson, D J).
3-8 Northwestern State 40 Branch, Drew pass complete to Guice, Dudley for 31 yards to the SHSU9, 1ST DOWN NWLA (Emerson, D J).

3rd Coast Tiger
October 25th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Score?

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 04:07 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 47 yard pass to Chris Lucas (Taylor Wilkins kick), 8:22 - NWST 14-10 SHSU

Fourth Quarter
NWST: William Griffin 2 yard run (Robert Weeks kick), 12:21 - NWST 21-10 SHSU

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Kats return it into NWST territory and for second straight time, it's called back...Aston and the run gets it going...

1-10 Sam Houston State 08 SAM HOUSTON STATE drive start at 12:11.
1-10 Sam Houston State 08 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Payne, Trey.
2-10 Sam Houston State 08 PENALTY NWLA personal foul (Perry, Justin) 16 yards to the SHSU24, 1ST DOWN SHSU.

1-10 Sam Houston State 24 Aston, James rush for 10 yards to the SHSU34, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Riggs, Gary).
1-10 Sam Houston State 34 Aston, James rush for 15 yards to the SHSU49, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Dampier, Mack).

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Big third down conversion as SHSU is now in the "red area"...

1-10 Sam Houston State 49 Timeout Sam Houston State, clock 11:19.
1-10 Sam Houston State 49 Bomar, Rhett rush for 2 yards to the NWLA49 (Delcambre, Blak).
2-8 Sam Houston State 49 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Houston, Catron for 15 yards to the NWLA34, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Brown, Kasey).

1-10 Sam Houston State 34 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Wells, Justin, QB hurry by Eckles, Wesley.
2-10 Sam Houston State 34 Aston, James rush for 2 yards to the NWLA32 (Smith, Albert).
3-8 Sam Houston State 32 Timeout Sam Houston State, clock 09:30.
3-8 Sam Houston State 32 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Lucas, Chris for 22 yards to the NWLA10, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Lane, Jeremy).

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 04:22 PM
On 3rd-and-Goal, Kats go to the running game again and we are stopped. Three times with goal to go and can't do anything...FG team comes on...Bomar tells TW to go for it, but kicker comes in and it's 29 yards out...kick is missed.

1-0 Sam Houston State 10 PENALTY SHSU illegal motion (Powledge, Matth) 5 yards to the NWLA15.
1-0 Sam Houston State 15 Aston, James rush for 1 yard to the NWLA14 (Loche, Rogers;Dampier, Mack).
2-0 Sam Houston State 14 Aston, James rush for 4 yards to the NWLA10 (Wattigny, Scott).

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 04:28 PM
And the Demons are running the clock...Demons are so close, they decide to go for it on 4th and inches on just shy of NW30...Demons call a timeout...now punting...high snap, gotten away...Demons say it hit a Kat, downed at 15...

1-10 Northwestern State 20 Lawrence, Byron rush for 5 yards to the NWLA25 (Brown, Chris).
2-5 Northwestern State 25 Lawrence, Byron rush for 4 yards to the NWLA29 (Sparks, Jeff;Emerson, D J).
3-1 Northwestern State 29 PENALTY NWLA false start (Washington, Mar) 5 yards to the NWLA24.
3-6 Northwestern State 24 Lawrence, Byron rush for 5 yards to the NWLA29 (Skinner, Billy).
4-1 Northwestern State 29 Timeout Northwestern State, clock 04:07.

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 04:31 PM
3:53 left to go...Kats down by 11...and they get put on the spot on 4th down...and three to go...incomplete. Demons win this one...

Hoping Stoker gets his first down and calls it a day...

1-10 Sam Houston State 15 SAM HOUSTON STATE drive start at 03:53.
1-10 Sam Houston State 15 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Aston, James for 7 yards to the SHSU22 (Arceneaux, Colb).
2-3 Sam Houston State 22 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Lucas, Chris.
3-3 Sam Houston State 22 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Lucas, Chris, QB hurry by Dampier, Mack.
4-3 Sam Houston State 22 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Wells, Justin (Eckles, Wesley).

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Demons tack on a FG...

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 47 yard pass to Chris Lucas (Taylor Wilkins kick), 8:22 - NWST 14-10 SHSU

Fourth Quarter
NWST: Robert Weeks 35 yard field goal, 1:19 - NWST 24-10 SHSU

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Player down. Ambulance on field. About 1:11 left. Not sure on the player. Will post when/if I get information.

K&L say the players' family is down there, but they do not want to say who it is until 100% sure. Facemask off of helmet.

Not going to speculate here...

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Still no name and number on the player...K&L are doing this right and not saying anything naming the player until certain...

And the name, Luke McCall...#42. A helluva linebacker for the Kats from Corpus Christi.

Hoping for the best for Luke...thoughts and prayers to his family.

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 04:56 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter

Fourth Quarter
NWST: Robert Weeks 35 yard field goal, 1:20 - NWST 24-10 SHSU
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 17 yard pass to Jake Lebens (kick not attempted), 0:00 - NWST 24-16 SHSU

slycat
October 25th, 2008, 05:52 PM
What happened in this game? I picked NSU to win but it was kind of a guess. I figured SHSU would be better from the way they played GWU and Kansas.

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2008, 06:07 PM
What happened in this game? I picked NSU to win but it was kind of a guess. I figured SHSU would be better from the way they played GWU and Kansas.

NWST just punished us on the run, which is the same thing Viator/Pendland did last week. Our defense was run ragged early and our offense with three and outs was not doing much to keep them off the field...that run opened up the pass.

Officiating came into this game a bit. One official even called for a TV timeout. What the heck was that for? He wasn't in Nacogdoches! That was weird and it seemed like a few calls each way were kind of questionable, though they were targeting NWST's linemen.

Kats had a chance to pull within a score early with a FG, but elected to go for it on a fourth-down, from about four yards longer than our kicker had made from a short while before. Later in the game, Kats went FG instead of go for it and the FG missed.

We also -- if you read a post or two before yours -- had a major player injury at the end of the game. Not sure what came from that, but it was late in the game and had no impact, but really has the Bearkat nation concerned...

slycat
October 25th, 2008, 06:08 PM
NWST just punished us on the run, which is the same thing Viator/Pendland did last week. Our defense was run ragged early and our offense with three and outs was not doing much to keep them off the field...that run opened up the pass.

Officiating came into this game a bit. One official even called for a TV timeout. What the heck was that for? He wasn't in Nacogdoches! That was weird and it seemed like a few calls each way were kind of questionable, though they were targeting NWST's linemen.

Kats had a chance to pull within a score early with a FG, but elected to go for it on a fourth-down, from about four yards longer than our kicker had made from a short while before. Later in the game, Kats went FG instead of go for it and the FG missed.

We also -- if you read a post or two before yours -- had a major player injury at the end of the game. Not sure what came from that, but it was late in the game and had no impact, but really has the Bearkat nation concerned...

Yeah I saw that, I hope the best for him.

TexasTerror
October 26th, 2008, 12:05 AM
** UPDATE **

Courtesy of the Daily Demon Blog...

The Sam Houston State player who had to be taken off the field by ambulance in the last 90 seconds of play is believed to be OK.

Junior linebacker Luke McCall was conscious and had movement in his extremities, according to Sam Houston State officials. He was taken to Natchitoches Regional Medical Center where a complete evaluation will be done.

Sam Houston director of athletics Bobby Williams was extremely complimentary of NSU trainer Ed Evans, assistant Jason Drury and the NSU medical staff along with the EMT personnel who assisted with McCall when he was injured on the kickoff following Robert Weeks' field goal with 1:20 left.

http://thedailydemon.blogspot.com/2008/10/hes-ok.html

Seat16Demon
October 26th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Glad to see that the Luke McCall is alright. I was there in Seat 16 and saw the hit and got really concerned when he went down so quickly and didn't move. We prayed for him in that moment and are glad to hear he is doing better. TT, if you hear any more in his condition, let us know.

TexasTerror
October 26th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Glad to see that the Luke McCall is alright. I was there in Seat 16 and saw the hit and got really concerned when he went down so quickly and didn't move. We prayed for him in that moment and are glad to hear he is doing better. TT, if you hear any more in his condition, let us know.

All indications are that McCall and Justin Wells (concussion) are well... according to Justin's dad, Luke was supposed to be released not too far behind Justin from the hospital... xthumbsupx

Demon Fan
October 27th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Thought that TT might like to see this!

Monday, October 27, 2008
Sam Houston says thanks
NSU head athletic trainer Ed Evans and assistant trainer Jason Drury got a nice e-mail Monday morning from their counterpart at Sam Houston State after the Bearkats had two players needing transport to Natchitoches Regional Medical Center in the last minutes of Saturday's football game.

The injury to receiver Justin Wells wasn't noticed as much, but he got a concussion after taking a big hit from Demon safety Wesley Eckles over the middle with 3:30 remaining on a fourth-and-3 pass attempt. Wells was the intended receiver and Eckles made sure he didn't make the first down.

That collision was forgotten by most of us by the time Sam Houston linebacker Luke McCall was injured on the kickoff with 1:20 left when Demon linebacker Isaiah Greenhouse crashed into him busting up the Bearkats' wedge. It took approximately 10-15 minutes for medical personnel from both teams to evaluate him and load him into an ambulance, due to the concern over a possible neck injury.

Wells didn't go to the hospital until after the game ended.

As noted here earlier, Sam Houston athletics director Bobby Williams made sure to express his gratitude to the medical staff and security for handling McCall's situation so well. Today, Evans got a thank you and good news from Hope Parker at SHSU:

"I just wanted to thank you both for all your help on Saturday, and please let your doctors know how grateful we were for their assistance as well. Both athletes are doing well and also wanted me to pass on their gratitude. Hopefully none of us will have to that again for a while. Good luck on the rest of your season and I am sure we will see you throughout the remainder of the year. Thanks again.
Hope

Hope Parker, MA ATC-LAT
Head Athletic Trainer
Sam Houston State University"

TexasTerror
October 27th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks for sharing -- I've complimented Matt Bonnette in person before about their department's blog. I've emulated it. ;)

Keep'em coming, I never respond -- but I check several times a week!

mikebigg
October 30th, 2008, 09:20 AM

Wait a minute...you ridiculed Grambling for losing to them AT Northwestern early in the season (despite the fact that we have almost 11 new offensive starters---including 3 true and 1 redshirt freshmen on the offensive line, a true freshman receiver, and (agaiinst yall) a transfer qb who didn't even go thru Spring Training. At the time, you said Northwestern was the weakest team in the Southland... seems yall have taken over that title. xlolx xlolx

3rd Coast Tiger
October 30th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Wait a minute...you ridiculed Grambling for losing to them AT Northwestern early in the season (despite the fact that we have almost 11 new offensive starters---including 3 true and 1 redshirt freshmen on the offensive line, a true freshman receiver, and (agaiinst yall) a transfer qb who didn't even go thru Spring Training. At the time, you said Northwestern was the weakest team in the Southland... seems yall have taken over that title. xlolx xlolx

I don't believe you mikeb, find the thread! xmadx

TexasTerror
October 30th, 2008, 12:06 PM

You are right -- we've fallen flat on our face. The whole SLC preseason poll has. At that point in the year, especially after the Cal Poly loss, I thought NWST was the worst team in the league. Apparently, we are now unless we prove someone otherwise by getting some wins on the field. Losses to UCA and McN were not surprising, but now we're falling fast.

And I do not believe, I necessarily ridiculed Grambling, just said at the time that the "best" SWAC team lost to what everyone believed then was the worst SLC team. The SWAC product this year seems to be slacking. Someone on a board I saw said that it seems all the La. schools (LSU included) are feeling the Katrina/Rita hurt right now since these main players come from those recruiting classes...

mikebigg
October 30th, 2008, 01:13 PM
You are right -- we've fallen flat on our face. The whole SLC preseason poll has. At that point in the year, especially after the Cal Poly loss, I thought NWST was the worst team in the league. Apparently, we are now unless we prove someone otherwise by getting some wins on the field. Losses to UCA and McN were not surprising, but now we're falling fast.

And I do not believe, I necessarily ridiculed Grambling, just said at the time that the "best" SWAC team lost to what everyone believed then was the worst SLC team. The SWAC product this year seems to be slacking. Someone on a board I saw said that it seems all the La. schools (LSU included) are feeling the Katrina/Rita hurt right now since these main players come from those recruiting classes...

You have a right to your recollection...xlolx

Don't know about the impact of Katrina/Rita...it might have some impact. However, Grambling recruiting had slacked off in the region...seems it's being targetted now under the new staff.