PDA

View Full Version : Next 5 Weeks in the Southland

BEAR
October 20th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Here's the upcoming games for the next 5 weeks in the Southland Conference: (Bolded are my predictions for possible wins)

* Sat, Oct 25 McNeese State Nicholls State Lake Charles, LA 1 pm
* Sat, Oct 25 Northwestern State Sam Houston State Natchitoches, LA 2 pm
* Sat, Oct 25 Stephen F. Austin Texas State Nacogdoches, TX 2 pm Southland TV
* Sat, Oct 25 Central Arkansas Southeastern Louisiana Conway, Ark. 6 pm

* Sat, Nov 01 Sam Houston State Stephen F. Austin Huntsville, TX 2 pm Southland TV
* Sat, Nov 01 Texas State Northwestern State San Marcos, TX 3 pm
* Sat, Nov 01 Nicholls State Central Arkansas Thibodaux, LA 6:30 pm
* Sat, Nov 01 Southeastern Louisiana McNeese State Hammond, LA 6 pm

* Sat, Nov 08 Nicholls State Sam Houston State Thibodaux, LA 1 pm
* Sat, Nov 08 Southeastern Louisiana Texas State Hammond, LA 2 pm Southland TV
* Sat, Nov 08 Central Arkansas Northwestern State Conway, Ark. 4 pm
* Sat, Nov 08 McNeese State Stephen F. Austin Lake Charles, LA 7 pm

* Sat, Nov 15 Texas State Nicholls State San Marcos, TX 3 pm
* Sat, Nov 15 Northwestern State McNeese State Natchitoches, LA 6 pm Southland TV
* Sat, Nov 15 Sam Houston State Southeastern Louisiana Huntsville, TX 6 pm
* Sat, Nov 15 Stephen F. Austin Central Arkansas Nacogdoches, TX 6 pm

* Sat, Nov 22 Nicholls State Southeastern Louisiana Thibodaux, LA 1 pm Cox Sports TV
* Sat, Nov 22 Sam Houston State Texas State Huntsville, TX 2 pm
* Sat, Nov 22 Central Arkansas McNeese State Conway, Ark. 4 pm
* Sat, Nov 22 Stephen F. Austin Northwestern State Nacogdoches, TX 6 pm

Just my guesses based on how teams have played this year. If both teams are highlighted, then I have no idea due to evenly matched teams or just lack of knowledge of those teams because of lack of games or strange loss(es)..ie. McNeese v. Texas State. xlolx

TexasTerror
October 20th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Just a reminder -- SHSU lost the first two last year (UCA and McN) and then went on to win the next five. I'm optimistic we could get the same result and that could possibly put us in a position to get a chance at the AQ (especially if UCA and TXST -- outside a loss to SHSU) wins out...

Three-way tie with TXST, McN and SHSU at 5-2 in SLC play with UCA undefeated. Who gets the AQ in that one? Who can break the tie for us?

McNeese75
October 20th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Just a reminder -- SHSU lost the first two last year (UCA and McN) and then went on to win the next five. I'm optimistic we could get the same result and that could possibly put us in a position to get a chance at the AQ (especially if UCA and TXST -- outside a loss to SHSU) wins out...

Three-way tie with TXST, McN and SHSU at 5-2 in SLC play with UCA undefeated. Who gets the AQ in that one? Who can break the tie for us?

I'm not positive but in the 3 way tie scenario, Wouldn't SHSU get it because McNeese has been to the playoffs more recently? xconfusedx