PDA

View Full Version : So I just got back from Statesboro....

ERASU2113
October 19th, 2008, 06:21 PM
and I have to say I had an amazing time there.

My bud and I didn't see any ASU fans Friday night - we thought we may be the only two there. We finally found a bunch on our way to Paulson.

Southern fans, you guys know how to have fun. I wasn't sure how we'd be welcomed down there - but the ones I tailgated with made it feel like we were at home. Yea, of course there were the few bad apples who wanted to make us feel like we should, "GO BACK TO THE MOUNTAINS, YA HICKS!!!" and so on. Didn't ruin it one bit.

We actually left the game in the middle of the 3rd quarter with some people we knew who went or graduated from GSU and went to Retrievers to watch and drink for the rest of the game. They played the sound of the game from the radio - so we knew what would happen before it did on TV...kind of ruined the game - kind of.
When the game was over I felt like I should slide down in my chair haha, a lot of drunk and pissed off people. However, I was wrong. One guy I was standing with goes, "Good game, shoulda won it but ya know what? here's to the victors." handed me a drink and we started having fun. From what I remember our night was spent going from there to Rude Rudy's and back.

Unless your from Furman - they don't like ya'll it seems - I would recommend making the trip down there. A great college atmosphere - whoever they are playing.

Overall, I had always wanted to visit the 'Boro before and I was not let down one bit. Helluva game and the experience was more than I asked for. I didn't want to leave cause I had so much fun. I am glad though to be back in the mountains - with the rest of the hicks xthumbsupx

(Sorry for it bein so long)

Syntax Error
October 19th, 2008, 06:37 PM
... We actually left the game in the middle of the 3rd quarter...xeekx xeekx xeekx

griz37
October 19th, 2008, 06:58 PM
xeekx xeekx xeekx

No kidding, why on earth would you do that?

ButlerGSU
October 20th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Glad you enjoyed your trip to Statesboro. As the city and university continue to grow it is getting better all the time.

appfan2008
October 20th, 2008, 07:39 AM
WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU LEAVE EARLY???...

idiot

Eaglesrus
October 20th, 2008, 07:52 AM
It is really great to hear that you had a good experience, thanks for sharing it. When that extra point try hit the upright I thought it was an omen that we were finally going to win one of these close ones, but so much for that. There are several people on the GSU board saying you can't consider it a classic if your team lost, but I'm sorry, that was a classic if there ever was one.

ASUMountaineer
October 20th, 2008, 10:30 AM
YOU LEFT?!? YOU LEFT?!? WHAT?!? I couldn't make the trip, but wish I could have. I can't believe you left early. I'm not trying to be a D-bag, but holy crap. Why in the world would you leave? Like I said, not trying to be a D-bag, but your fanhood may need to be questioned. xlolx xpeacex

appfan2008
October 20th, 2008, 10:45 AM
YOU LEFT?!? YOU LEFT?!? WHAT?!? I couldn't make the trip, but wish I could have. I can't believe you left early. I'm not trying to be a D-bag, but holy crap. Why in the world would you leave? Like I said, not trying to be a D-bag, but your fanhood may need to be questioned. xlolx xpeacex

I agree... xrulesx xnonono2x xnonox

'neers80
October 20th, 2008, 11:05 AM
NOT TO PILE ON BUT ... IT says you are a sportswriter for The Appalachian and YOU LEFT??? OOOOOOOO MAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!

WUTNDITWAA
October 20th, 2008, 11:09 AM
You don't leave an ASU game for any reason other than if you get a call that your mother is seriously ill. Even then, you tell them to keep her on life support until the band finishes the last note of The Waltz.

Of course, I'm kidding.
Kind of.

bobbythekidd
October 20th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Glad to hear you had a good time.

*must resist urge to pile on...*

GGASU
October 20th, 2008, 11:27 AM
We actually left the game in the middle of the 3rd quarter with some people we knew who went or graduated from GSU and went to Retrievers to watch and drink for the rest of the game.

It better have been girls that you were with, that wanted to leave early...and you better have gotten laid!

If not then you need to turn in your man card. xrulesx

ERASU2113
October 20th, 2008, 08:42 PM
No kidding, why on earth would you do that?

Guy I was with was completely drunk first off. There were some Southern fans that began yelling towards him and of course being drunk he wanted to go after them. We had to drag him out the gates for his own safety.

ERASU2113
October 20th, 2008, 08:44 PM
It better have been girls that you were with, that wanted to leave early...and you better have gotten laid!

If not then you need to turn in your man card. xrulesx

There were no girls with us at the time but after I consoled a couple for losing and of course go a nice taste of Southern. xwhistlex xwhistlex

I WISH I could have stayed for the whole thing. Just circumstances got out of hand for me and some Southern friends to enjoy the game and make sure everyone stayed civil.

eaglewraith
October 20th, 2008, 10:00 PM
There were no girls with us at the time but after I consoled a couple for losing and of course go a nice taste of Southern. xwhistlex xwhistlex

I WISH I could have stayed for the whole thing. Just circumstances got out of hand for me and some Southern friends to enjoy the game and make sure everyone stayed civil.

What kinda girls are we getting at GSU these days if they're desperate enough to get with an App man? :p

Wolfman
October 20th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Bet you have those Statesboro Blues.