PDA

View Full Version : Next 5 weeks in the Patriot League..

LehighFan11
October 19th, 2008, 05:18 PM
are going to be very interesting. The league race is wide open in a year that there will be no at-large possibility. 5 teams don't have a loss in league play and a chance. Here are the teams remaining games (league games only) and some predictions:

Holy Cross (1-0)
Lehigh (W)
Bucknell (W)
Fordham (W)
@ Lafayette (L)
@ Colgate (L)

Colgate (1-0)
@ Bucknell (W)
Lafayette (W)
@ Lehigh (L)
Holy Cross (W)

Bucknell (1-0)
Colgate (L)
@ Holy Cross (L)
Lafayette (L)
@Lehigh (L)
Fordham (W)

Lafayette (1-0)
@ Fordham (L)
@ Colgate (L)
@ Bucknell (W)
Holy Cross (W)
Lehigh

Lehigh (1-0)
@ Holy Cross (L)
@ Gtown (W)
Colgate (W)
Bucknell (W)
Lafayette

I refuse to try and predict the Lehigh vs. Lafayette game. Given those results: Colgate and Lehigh would have 1 loss, Lafayette and Holy Cross would have 2 losses. So, going into the last game of the season 4 teams would have a shot at the league title. Bucknell is likely to pull off an upset, but I would be kidding myself if i could predict that. Discuss...

Bogus Megapardus
October 19th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Discuss...

Only a Lehigh fan would predict that Lafayette, fresh off a drubbing of No. 14 Liberty, would lose two of their next three games.

I'm so glad that Lehigh was my safety school.

LehighFan11
October 19th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Only a Lehigh fan would predict that Lafayette, fresh off a drubbing of No. 14 Liberty, would lose two of their next three games.

I'm so glad that Lehigh was my safety school.

Both on the road, good luck. Talk to me in 2 weeks, i bet you guys lost 1 if not 2.

crusader11
October 19th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Here's how it is going to go:

Holy Cross (1-0)
Lehigh (W)
Bucknell (W)
Fordham (W)
@ Lafayette (L)
@ Colgate (W)

Colgate (1-0)
@ Bucknell (W)
Lafayette (W)
@ Lehigh (W)
Holy Cross (L)

Bucknell (1-0)
Colgate (L)
@ Holy Cross (L)
Lafayette (L)
@Lehigh (L)
Fordham (L)

Lafayette (1-0)
@ Fordham (W)
@ Colgate (L)
@ Bucknell (W)
Holy Cross (W)
Lehigh (W)

Lehigh (1-0)
@ Holy Cross (L)
@ Gtown (W)
Colgate (L)
Bucknell (W)
Lafayette (L)

That would leave Holy Cross, Lafayette, and Colgate all with 1 loss. This would end up going to a league vote by the AD's I believe, and I would imagine Lafayette would probably get the bid to the playoffs because of its out of conference record (especially their big win against Liberty).

carney2
October 19th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Give me some of what you're smoking. I can't even hazard a guess as to what I'll have for breakfast tomorrow.

Bogus Megapardus
October 19th, 2008, 06:42 PM
That would leave Holy Cross, Lafayette, and Colgate all with 1 loss. This would end up going to a league vote by the AD's . . . .

So, offense will be at a premium because margin of victory will be a factor, a scenario that would seem to favor Holy Cross at this point. I agree with your predictions, but I fear that Bucknell is going to play a spoiler role for someone. The Bison clearly are capable of doing so, if history is any indication.

Colgate-Lafayette will be a slugfest; Fordham's numbers against Yale were impressive and the Rams could derail anyone (HC - be aware) but I worry about Lafayette's ability to keep pace with HC, even at home. Lehigh-Lafayette, of course, can never be predicted regardless of either team's record or past performance.

LehighFan11
October 19th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Give me some of what you're smoking. I can't even hazard a guess as to what I'll have for breakfast tomorrow.

Cmon have some fun!xsmiley_wix

Bogus Megapardus
October 19th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Cmon have some fun!

I had my fill with the Far Hills crowd yesterday. You could have had a contact buzz in five zip codes.

Since we're predicting, I envision another long, twenty-two mile bus ride home for the Engineers in November.

LehighFan11
October 19th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I had my fill with the Far Hills crowd yesterday. You could have had a contact buzz in five zip codes.

Since we're predicting, I envision another long, twenty-two mile bus ride home for the Engineers in November.

xconfusedx what is that suppose to mean?

MDFAN
October 19th, 2008, 06:56 PM
lehigh will not beat Bucknell..

Bogus Megapardus
October 19th, 2008, 07:06 PM

Sorry - I meant twenty-two minute ride - the time it takes to get back to Bethlehem from Easton for the losing team. I drove this route many times, since my then-girlfriend (and future wife), sadly, did not get into Lafayette and had to settle for your lesser school.

I imagine the ride will seem much longer than twenty-two minutes for you, though . . . .

Pard94
October 19th, 2008, 07:07 PM

it means if it's brown flush it down...you loose again brother.

Bogus Megapardus
October 19th, 2008, 07:12 PM

Bucknell will beat at least one of its remaining PL foes, without question. It would have been nice for you folks to have made a better showing against Marist, though. That was a liitle too close . . . .

bison137
October 19th, 2008, 07:17 PM
That would leave Holy Cross, Lafayette, and Colgate all with 1 loss. This would end up going to a league vote by the AD's I believe, and I would imagine Lafayette would probably get the bid to the playoffs because of its out of conference record (especially their big win against Liberty).

Yes, the above scenario would require a vote of the other AD's. The tiebreakers that come after head-to-head - (a) comparison of result vs the next highest team etc; and (b) result vs common opponent(s) - don't break the tie.

I think the only 3-way tie that would be broken before it got to a vote of the AD's would be a tie among Lehigh, Colgate, and Bucknell - where Colgate's win over Cornell would give them the title.

bison137
October 19th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Bucknell will beat at least one of its remaining PL foes, without question.

I'd like to think this is true, but the injury situation is not helping matters. QB Marcello Trigg is playing with a high ankle sprain and cannot move at all. Top defensive player, Sam Nana-Sinkam was on crutches for much of the Georgetown game following an ankle injury. And two top returning OL have yet to see the field this year. Also two other returning starters have missed the whole year due to knee injuries.

The Bison do not have enough depth to overcome a lot of injuries.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 19th, 2008, 07:49 PM
A week where

* Lafayette was down to their third-string runningback;
* Jordan Scott left with an injury against Cornell;
* Lehigh had no less than five players go down with injury during the Harvard game;
* Marcelo Trigg is hurt

And you want to prognosticate through the rest of the season? xconfusedx

I don't even know who I'll take next week.

crusader11
October 19th, 2008, 08:08 PM
A week where

* Lafayette was down to their third-string runningback;
* Jordan Scott left with an injury against Cornell;
* Lehigh had no less than five players go down with injury during the Harvard game;
* Marcelo Trigg is hurt

And you want to prognosticate through the rest of the season? xconfusedx

I don't even know who I'll take next week.

At least Holy Cross got by unscathed. I would think at this point now that Lafayette would be the team to beat after their W vs. Liberty.

TheValleyRaider
October 19th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Bucknell's the game that scares me the most

We've played 4 straight close games with the Bison, and lost our last two trips to Lewisburg. Bucknell has looked alternately dangerous and very beatable this year.

Reports on Scott indicate a high ankle sprain, we'll see how fit he is for next week, though Eachus certainly did a solid job

Bucknell fans predicted a win two years ago when Colgate was coming off a League title and the Bison were coming off a rough year, so your picking the Bison to top Lehigh improves my mood a bit :)

DFW HOYA
October 19th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Why is Fodham not included? They can still win this.

Well, that makes six teams in the mix....

carney2
October 19th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Why is Fodham not included? They can still win this.

Well, that makes six teams in the mix....

Fordham is too close to the edge to be taken seriously at this point. As they say in golf: it's not how many shots back, but rather how many guys are in front of you. Lots of teams in front of the Rams.

And stop feeling sorry for yourself. You're closer to having a team than at any time since the Buchanan administration.

DFW HOYA
October 20th, 2008, 05:07 AM
And stop feeling sorry for yourself. You're closer to having a team than at any time since the Buchanan administration.

I'm not, and since when was 1999 (9-2) the Buchanan administration?

letsgopards04
October 20th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Holy Cross (1-0)
Lehigh (W)
Bucknell (W)
Fordham (W)
@ Lafayette (L)
@ Colgate (L)

Colgate (1-0)
@ Bucknell (W)
Lafayette (L)
@ Lehigh (W)
Holy Cross (W)

Bucknell (1-0)
Colgate (L)
@ Holy Cross (L)
Lafayette (L)
@Lehigh (L)
Fordham (W)

Lafayette (1-0)
@ Fordham (W)
@ Colgate (W)
@ Bucknell (W)
Holy Cross (W)
Lehigh (W)

Lehigh (1-0)
@ Holy Cross (L)
@ Gtown (W)
Colgate (W)
Bucknell (W)
Lafayette (L)

Here is how I see it. I think the Lafayette game against Liberty said a lot. I think this team hits the league schedule running (it helps to have a stable of productive backs).

carney2
October 20th, 2008, 07:37 AM

Sorry. That was during the Rothkopf bomb scare. I wasn't paying attention.

letsgopards04
October 21st, 2008, 08:26 AM
Sorry. That was during the Rothkopf bomb scare. I wasn't paying attention.

I thought I was in an alternate universe and you meant that Pat Buchanan had become president.

LBPop
October 21st, 2008, 12:56 PM

I think he was referring to Pat...xrolleyesx

Edit: OOPs...didn't see the above post before I finished mine. Great minds, letsgopard?

Pard4Life
October 21st, 2008, 01:02 PM
Both on the road, good luck. Talk to me in 2 weeks, i bet you guys lost 1 if not 2.

Though I am not a fan of Lehigh11, there is some merit in what he says... if our offense stalls we will have problems. Yes our defense is strong, but it is only average against spread offenses... or teams that can open up the pass with the run. Fordham has these elements. And you all remember what Skelton did last year. Liberty's second play of the game gave me deja vu... that was one of Fordham's TD plays last year. They say defense wins championships, but in our case, I think it will be the offense.

As for Colgate, we never beat them. And Scott/Eachus already has given me a headache.

Our key is ball management. It won us the Liberty game, and it will carry us the rest of the year. We are not the kind of team that can score in 1:00 or five plays like the Flames.

However, we are an excellent road team... the last time we had a five-game swing was in 2004, our last title.

Pard4Life
October 21st, 2008, 01:05 PM
Holy Cross (1-0)
Lehigh (W)
Bucknell (W)
Fordham (W)
@ Lafayette (L)
@ Colgate (L)

Colgate (1-0)
@ Bucknell (W)
Lafayette (L)
@ Lehigh (W)
Holy Cross (W)

Bucknell (1-0)
Colgate (L)
@ Holy Cross (L)
Lafayette (L)
@Lehigh (L)
Fordham (W)

Lafayette (1-0)
@ Fordham (W)
@ Colgate (W)
@ Bucknell (W)
Holy Cross (W)
Lehigh (W)

Lehigh (1-0)
@ Holy Cross (L)
@ Gtown (W)
Colgate (W)
Bucknell (W)
Lafayette (L)

Here is how I see it. I think the Lafayette game against Liberty said a lot. I think this team hits the league schedule running (it helps to have a stable of productive backs).

You have Colgate and Lehigh both beating each other... and ps I am STILL looking for revenge on that blown INT call in 2005 vs. Colgate.

Franks Tanks
October 21st, 2008, 01:25 PM
Though I am not a fan of Lehigh11, there is some merit in what he says... if our offense stalls we will have problems. Yes our defense is strong, but it is only average against spread offenses... or teams that can open up the pass with the run. Fordham has these elements. And you all remember what Skelton did last year. Liberty's second play of the game gave me deja vu... that was one of Fordham's TD plays last year. They say defense wins championships, but in our case, I think it will be the offense.

As for Colgate, we never beat them. And Scott/Eachus already has given me a headache.

Our key is ball management. It won us the Liberty game, and it will carry us the rest of the year. We are not the kind of team that can score in 1:00 or five plays like the Flames.

However, we are an excellent road team... the last time we had a five-game swing was in 2004, our last title.

I think we are more likley to lose to Colgate then Fordham. I certainly respect what Fordham can do, but I think we match up better with them.

letsgopards04
October 21st, 2008, 01:36 PM
You have Colgate and Lehigh both beating each other... and ps I am STILL looking for revenge on that blown INT call in 2005 vs. Colgate.

oops

Holy Cross (1-0)
Lehigh (W)
Bucknell (W)
Fordham (W)
@ Lafayette (L)
@ Colgate (L)

Colgate (1-0)
@ Bucknell (W)
Lafayette (L)
@ Lehigh (W)
Holy Cross (W)

Bucknell (1-0)
Colgate (L)
@ Holy Cross (L)
Lafayette (L)
@Lehigh (L)
Fordham (W)

Lafayette (1-0)
@ Fordham (W)
@ Colgate (W)
@ Bucknell (W)
Holy Cross (W)
Lehigh (W)

Lehigh (1-0)
@ Holy Cross (L)
@ Gtown (W)
Colgate (L)
Bucknell (W)
Lafayette (L)

Thanks for the catch.

Pard94
October 21st, 2008, 02:48 PM

There's no merit in what he says. What has he said? First he said we're going to lose the next two. Then he hedges his bets by saying we are going to lose at least one of the next two. So within the next two weeks we will either win no games, all games or somewhere in between. Whatever.

And I am so sick of hearing about how we never beat Colgate. The last two years don't count??? granted our record lifetime is not favorable but if we beat them in the next two weeks our current Juniors will only view Colgate as a team they have beaten at least three out of four years they have played them. That's the only kind of history that matters. None of the teams left on our schedule are as well rounded as Liberty was. they had a stud QB, 2 stud recievers and a stud running back. We blew the frigging doors off of them. To me that would suggest that we can do the same to the remainder of our opponents IF we play up to our potential. And if any of our future PL oppnents do get a win against us don't think for a second that all of the their fans won't extrapolate out that they are that much better becasue they beat the team that beat a good Liberty team. We've seen how good this team can be. The only question that remains is are we good enough not to take the foot off of the accelerator. Romas and Leggerio and that crew on Defense are the best in the league bar none. They are certainly good enough to deliver at least one or two wins to us over the next 5 weeks. And they are certainly good enough to support the old addage that defense wins championships. Can't wait for Saturday!

TheValleyRaider
October 21st, 2008, 03:00 PM
And I am so sick of hearing about how we never beat Colgate. The last two years don't count??? granted our record lifetime is not favorable but if we beat them in the next two weeks our current Juniors will only view Colgate as a team they have beaten at least three out of four years they have played them. That's the only kind of history that matters.

Umm, you only won in 2006. Colgate won in 2005 and again in 2007 xcoolx

Pard94
October 21st, 2008, 03:10 PM
Umm, you only won in 2006. Colgate won in 2005 and again in 2007 xcoolx

Is that right? If that's the case I found a mistake in the Lafayette Media guide which has us winning last year 31-21.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/lafa/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2008FB123_150.pdf

You know what...the premise still stands with minor modification. If we beat you in two weeks then the current crop of kids will view Colgate as team they beat as much as they lose to. Hardly a situation where the weight of history is crushing current Lafayette players.

Bogus Megapardus
October 21st, 2008, 03:42 PM
I've read enough. The Pards will down Colgate, even with White or Morrow riding the pine. I predict 24-17, Lafayette.

LehighFan11
October 21st, 2008, 03:49 PM

There's no merit in what he says. What has he said? First he said we're going to lose the next two. Then he hedges his bets by saying we are going to lose at least one of the next two. So within the next two weeks we will either win no games, all games or somewhere in between. Whatever.

And I am so sick of hearing about how we never beat Colgate. The last two years don't count??? granted our record lifetime is not favorable but if we beat them in the next two weeks our current Juniors will only view Colgate as a team they have beaten at least three out of four years they have played them. That's the only kind of history that matters. None of the teams left on our schedule are as well rounded as Liberty was. they had a stud QB, 2 stud recievers and a stud running back. We blew the frigging doors off of them. To me that would suggest that we can do the same to the remainder of our opponents IF we play up to our potential. And if any of our future PL oppnents do get a win against us don't think for a second that all of the their fans won't extrapolate out that they are that much better becasue they beat the team that beat a good Liberty team. We've seen how good this team can be. The only question that remains is are we good enough not to take the foot off of the accelerator. Romas and Leggerio and that crew on Defense are the best in the league bar none. They are certainly good enough to deliver at least one or two wins to us over the next 5 weeks. And they are certainly good enough to support the old addage that defense wins championships. Can't wait for Saturday!

I continue to lose respect for Lafayette every day. All I do is post a discussion about the rest of the season and get jumped on. If you old guys don't like it, ignore it. Lafayette is a great team and they have a great shot at winning the PL. However, their schedule hurts them. Road trips to Fordham and Colgate aren't easy. I'm not willing to overreact to one win and give Lafayette the Patriot League. Fordham is a talented team that might be turning the corner. I wouldn't want Lehigh to still have them on their schedule, I'm glad we beat them when they were down. Please note I'm not some homer that thinks my team is the best and won't ever lose. Lehigh won't beat Holy Cross this weekend. I do like their chances at home vs. Colgate. The Bucknell game will be competitive but since its at Goodman, I don't see Lehigh losing. Lighten up guys.

Franks Tanks
October 21st, 2008, 03:57 PM
I continue to lose respect for Lafayette every day. All I do is post a discussion about the rest of the season and get jumped on. If you old guys don't like it, ignore it. Lafayette is a great team and they have a great shot at winning the PL. However, their schedule hurts them. Road trips to Fordham and Colgate aren't easy. I'm not willing to overreact to one win and give Lafayette the Patriot League. Fordham is a talented team that might be turning the corner. I wouldn't want Lehigh to still have them on their schedule, I'm glad we beat them when they were down. Please note I'm not some homer that thinks my team is the best and won't ever lose. Lehigh won't beat Holy Cross this weekend. I do like their chances at home vs. Colgate. The Bucknell game will be competitive but since its at Goodman, I don't see Lehigh losing. Lighten up guys.

The thing is that Lafayette tends to do well against Holy Cross and Fordham, but not as well againt Colgate. Of course Colgate has had better records, but I also believe their style of play so similar to ours so a lot of banging heads taking place and we kinda struggle. I'm not that worried about Fordham or Holy Cross, and I may certainly eat my words, and I am somewhat concerned about Colgate. But in my opinion if we play the way we are capable of playing the rest of the way our only worries will be whether or not we get a home playoff game. :)

Bogus Megapardus
October 21st, 2008, 03:59 PM
I continue to lose respect for Lafayette every day.

Of course you do. That's your job.

TheValleyRaider
October 21st, 2008, 04:15 PM
Is that right? If that's the case I found a mistake in the Lafayette Media guide which has us winning last year 31-21.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/lafa/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2008FB123_150.pdf

That's a pretty big oops! xoopsx xlolx

Some of you Pards might not want to focus on Colgate so much. You've still got a trip to the Bronx first xnodx xcoolx

carney2
October 21st, 2008, 06:01 PM
This is a very nasty thread.

TheValleyRaider
October 21st, 2008, 06:34 PM
This is a very nasty thread.

You want nasty?

Pretty soon we'll start comparing entrance numbers, SAT scores and grad rates

Once the accusations of "grade inflation" come out, that's when it'll be nasty xrulesx

Bogus Megapardus
October 21st, 2008, 06:44 PM
You want nasty?

Once the accusations of "grade inflation" come out, that's when it'll be nasty xrulesx

Once again, Lehigh was my safety school. It's a fact.

Next?

Go...gate
October 21st, 2008, 07:30 PM

Didn't you know? That was part of the Georgetown cancellation deal. No game will be necessary - they both get to declare victory and will instead both scout Lafayette that day.

Gotta check the fine print on these PL Presidents' agreements! :D

Bogus Megapardus
October 21st, 2008, 07:43 PM
Didn't you know? That was part of the Georgetown cancellation deal. No game will be necessary - they both get to declare victory and will instead both scout Lafayette that day.

Gotta check the fine print on these PL Presidents' agreements! :D

In that case the Pards, from now on, will be practicing in a double secret, secure, undisclosed location provided by a wealthy alumnus to be named later.

ngineer
October 21st, 2008, 08:25 PM

xconfusedx What route would that be???

ngineer
October 21st, 2008, 08:42 PM
This League is about as wide-open as any league could be at this stage and based upon the performances turned in. Colgate and Lafayette certainly have to be viewed as co-favorites based upon their recent successes; however, Lafayette's away stretch is far from over and in tough places to win. I think the Liberty game is overblown in that the Flames were overrated. Not that it wasn't a good win for the 'pards, because the atmosphere in Falwell-Land is raucous as Lehigh found four years ago. IF Lafayette's offense can get on track then they will be extremely tough, but they're living off their defense right now. Colgate, OTOH, just got scary with Eachus' breakout game and Sullivan showing he can do it all. Holy Cross's defense is sketchy and I don't think they can win by just flinging the ball 60 times a game. While Bucknell is showing much improvement, they seem to be lacking enough depth to truly threaten this year, though an upset or two of the top 4 would not be a shocker. Fordham, though their dreams are already gone, is a very talented team that will certainly bite some one or two, bad. That leaves Lehigh with the most curious record around. Had they won the three last minute losses, many would be saying their 5-1 record was misleading. Well, so is the current 2-4. The Brown & White have not put together four quarters in one game yet. Last Saturday, though, they physically outplayed Harvard in the second half which was encouraging in view of the injuries sustained before and during the game; and should give Lafayette pause. If they play with the same intensity this week at Holy Cross, they will win; setting up some tremendous confrontations in November.

crusader11
October 21st, 2008, 09:22 PM
If they play with the same intensity this week at Holy Cross, they will win; setting up some tremendous confrontations in November.

That's not true. Holy Cross is a more talented team. They displayed that last year against Lehigh and, if they play well, will display it again. Intensity cannot make up for inferior talent.

LU73
October 22nd, 2008, 08:44 AM
That's not true. Holy Cross is a more talented team. They displayed that last year against Lehigh and, if they play well, will display it again. Intensity cannot make up for inferior talent.
We can hope this is the thought of the Holy Cross players and coaches.

crusader11
October 22nd, 2008, 09:37 AM
It is definitely the thought, but that does not mean they will be looking past Lehigh or any opponent the rest of the way. There is no doubt HC is a very confident team that has a little chip on its shoulder and something to prove. They have been so close the padt 2 years, and I do not think a lack of intensity or preparation will ever be the problem.

LU73
October 22nd, 2008, 10:14 AM
and I do not think a lack of intensity or preparation will ever be the problem.

No, it was not a problem for HC in last year's game. And the talent was also obvious last year. But there was a certain karma in the air the likes of which I haven't seen since the days of Gordie Lockbaum.

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2008, 11:23 AM
xconfusedx What route would that be???

It's twenty-two minutes, not twenty-two miles. I made a mistake.

LBPop
October 22nd, 2008, 12:27 PM
This League is about as wide-open as any league could be at this stage and based upon the performances turned in. Colgate and Lafayette certainly have to be viewed as co-favorites based upon their recent successes; however, Lafayette's away stretch is far from over and in tough places to win. I think the Liberty game is overblown in that the Flames were overrated. Not that it wasn't a good win for the 'pards, because the atmosphere in Falwell-Land is raucous as Lehigh found four years ago. IF Lafayette's offense can get on track then they will be extremely tough, but they're living off their defense right now. Colgate, OTOH, just got scary with Eachus' breakout game and Sullivan showing he can do it all. Holy Cross's defense is sketchy and I don't think they can win by just flinging the ball 60 times a game. While Bucknell is showing much improvement, they seem to be lacking enough depth to truly threaten this year, though an upset or two of the top 4 would not be a shocker. Fordham, though their dreams are already gone, is a very talented team that will certainly bite some one or two, bad. That leaves Lehigh with the most curious record around. Had they won the three last minute losses, many would be saying their 5-1 record was misleading. Well, so is the current 2-4. The Brown & White have not put together four quarters in one game yet. Last Saturday, though, they physically outplayed Harvard in the second half which was encouraging in view of the injuries sustained before and during the game; and should give Lafayette pause. If they play with the same intensity this week at Holy Cross, they will win; setting up some tremendous confrontations in November.

Great analysis. Sadly, I wasn't allowed to give you Rep. points. Thanks.

Go...gate
October 22nd, 2008, 01:53 PM

I would be inclined to agree with you if Colgate's defense were stronger. It is getting a bit better but still, in general, susceptible to the run. This will not help as the weather gets colder. I can see us having trouble with everybody left on the schedule.

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2008, 03:23 PM
I would be inclined to agree with you if Colgate's defense were stronger. It is getting a bit better but still, in general, susceptible to the run. This will not help as the weather gets colder. I can see us having trouble with everybody left on the schedule.

I fear the Colgate-Lafayette game more than any other on the Pards' schedule. I've been to Andy Kerr only once before (for a Cornell-Colgate game) but I think this year necessitates a special trip.

I'll have to dress accordingly.

ngineer
October 22nd, 2008, 11:37 PM
I fear the Colgate-Lafayette game more than any other on the Pards' schedule. I've been to Andy Kerr only once before (for a Cornell-Colgate game) but I think this year necessitates a special trip.

I'll have to dress accordingly.

Yes...The wind is brutal at that place. Last year it just whipped across the stadium. Some one needs to break wind up there!:D

FUrams7
October 23rd, 2008, 08:44 AM
If Fordham beats Lafayette this weekend - which is no sure thing - they have a decent chance of running the table and finishing 8-3. Their schedule gets easier towards the end. If they pulled it off they would complete the season with a 6 game winning streak.. and point to wins over URI-Yale-Lafayette-HC.. to ask for an at large bid.. Although the PL title looks out of reach.. a playoff berth may be possible. :)

crusader11
October 23rd, 2008, 09:50 AM
If Fordham beats Lafayette this weekend - which is no sure thing - they have a decent chance of running the table and finishing 8-3. Their schedule gets easier towards the end. If they pulled it off they would complete the season with a 6 game winning streak.. and point to wins over URI-Yale-Lafayette-HC.. to ask for an at large bid.. Although the PL title looks out of reach.. a playoff berth may be possible. :)

Very slim, but plausible nevertheless.

carney2
October 23rd, 2008, 11:02 AM

I agree with 11, chances are slim but not nonexistent. What the Rams don't have going for them is a win against a "name" team from the CAA or SoCon or a ranked team. Sorry, but URI just doesn't count. The Committee seems to like those. Also, by beating Lafayette, they may actually create the 2,000 pound gorilla that will block their way. If Fordham beats Lafayette, and if both teams then run the table, Lafayette stands at 9-2 with a win against a Top 15 team. The Committee isn't going to give 2 at-large bids to the Patriot League. You can take that to the bank. Frankly, the best bet is that the Rams are eating Thanksgiving dinner with Mom and Dad.

OOPS! If Fordham beats Lafayette AND then both both teams win out, Lafayette does no worse than tie for 1st and gets the autobid. Never mind.

CrusaderBob
October 23rd, 2008, 11:23 AM
I agree with 11, chances are slim but not nonexistent. What the Rams don't have going for them is a win against a "name" team from the CAA or SoCon or a ranked team. Sorry, but URI just doesn't count. The Committee seems to like those. Also, by beating Lafayette, they may actually create the 2,000 pound gorilla that will block their way. If Fordham beats Lafayette, and if both teams then run the table, Lafayette stands at 9-2 with a win against a Top 15 team. The Committee isn't going to give 2 at-large bids to the Patriot League. You can take that to the bank. Frankly, the best bet is that the Rams are eating Thanksgiving dinner with Mom and Dad.

You may be saying this Carney, but just to clarify ...

Doesn't Lafayette get the automatic bid in the above senario since they will have only one PL loss and will have beaten every other potential 1 loss team?

If Fordham has any hopes of an at large, the above must play out, PLUS Fordham has to be the clear #2 team in the PL. For that to happen, Holy Cross, Bucknell and Georgetown must also have at least 2 losses and the two PL teams Fordham has already lost to - Colgate & Lehigh - need 3 losses each.

It could happen, but then is the committee going to look at the PL as strong enough for an at large? Chances of all that happening? Possible, but exceedingly slim.

carney2
October 23rd, 2008, 12:12 PM
You may be saying this Carney, but just to clarify ...

Doesn't Lafayette get the automatic bid in the above senario since they will have only one PL loss and will have beaten every other potential 1 loss team?

You are correct. I appended a mea culpa to my post before I read yours.

LehighFan11
October 23rd, 2008, 12:14 PM
I think the only team that has a shot at an at-large bid is Lafayette. They have the best OOC win. They would have to finish 9-2 and their loss in the PL would have to be to the undefeated winner. They would also probably need Harvard to win the Ivy.

LUHawker
October 23rd, 2008, 01:54 PM
I don't know Liberty's schedule, but I'm not sure Liberty will be a top 25 team at season's end, meaning that LC's win may not look as great come selection time if they aren't the auto-bid.

LCFan21
October 23rd, 2008, 02:50 PM
I don't know Liberty's schedule, but I'm not sure Liberty will be a top 25 team at season's end, meaning that LC's win may not look as great come selection time if they aren't the auto-bid.

If Liberty wins out and knocks off Elon along the way it could change.

DFW HOYA
October 23rd, 2008, 03:15 PM
I think the only team that has a shot at an at-large bid is Lafayette. They have the best OOC win. They would have to finish 9-2 and their loss in the PL would have to be to the undefeated winner. They would also probably need Harvard to win the Ivy.

This is not the year for an at-large bid from the Patriot. It's becoming a one bid league.

Bogus Megapardus
October 23rd, 2008, 05:50 PM
This is not the year for an at-large bid from the Patriot. It's becoming a one bid league.

Perhaps it's time for the Hoyas to step up and do something about that.

LehighFan11
October 23rd, 2008, 06:13 PM

Doesn't have anything to do with Georgetown being bad. CAA gets auto bids even though Hofstra, Towson, and URI are bad. It might have something to do with our record vs. the Ivys.

Lehigh74
October 23rd, 2008, 08:05 PM
Once again, Lehigh was my safety school. It's a fact.

Give me a break. Your comment about Lehigh being a safety school for Lafayette is laughable. Both are highly selective Tier 1 schools. In the most recent US News and World Report rankings they rated Lehigh as the 25th most selective National University in the Nation. These days only students who are very strong Ivy League candidates can reasonably consider Lehigh a safety school.

DFW HOYA
October 23rd, 2008, 08:07 PM

We're working on it, but there are six other schools (and one league office) that need to do their part, too.

LehighFan11
October 23rd, 2008, 08:34 PM
Give me a break. Your comment about Lehigh being a safety school as compared to Lafayette is laughable. Both are highly selective Tier 1 schools. In the most recent US News and World Report rankings they rated Lehigh as the 25th most selective National University in the Nation. These days only students who are very strong Ivy League candidates can reasonably consider Lehigh a safety school.

You have to excuse him, everyone of his posts has to include a shot at someone.

crusader11
November 10th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Here's how it is going to go:

Holy Cross (1-0)
Lehigh (W)
Bucknell (W)
Fordham (W)
@ Lafayette (L)
@ Colgate (W)

Colgate (1-0)
@ Bucknell (W)
Lafayette (W)
@ Lehigh (W)
Holy Cross (L)

Bucknell (1-0)
Colgate (L)
@ Holy Cross (L)
Lafayette (L)
@Lehigh (L)
Fordham (L)

Lafayette (1-0)
@ Fordham (W)
@ Colgate (L)
@ Bucknell (W)
Holy Cross (W)
Lehigh (W)

Lehigh (1-0)
@ Holy Cross (L)
@ Gtown (W)
Colgate (L)
Bucknell (W)
Lafayette (L)

I hate to toot my own horn, but I am perfect thus far in the past 3 weeks. Let's hope I am wrong though with the Lafayette v. Holy Cross game this weekend.

letsgopards04
November 10th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Give me a break. Your comment about Lehigh being a safety school for Lafayette is laughable. Both are highly selective Tier 1 schools. In the most recent US News and World Report rankings they rated Lehigh as the 25th most selective National University in the Nation. These days only students who are very strong Ivy League candidates can reasonably consider Lehigh a safety school.

Are you serious? Calm down. Everyone realizes Lehigh is a great school. Just typical Lafayette Lehigh banter.

crusader11
November 10th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Uh oh, it looks like I brought the never-ending feud between L and L.

Go...gate
November 10th, 2008, 09:37 PM

Right on, 74. xthumbsupx

Great game Saturday - sorry I could not see it at Goodman. Seems to me that you guys deserved the win.

colorless raider
November 11th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Right on, 74. xthumbsupx

Great game Saturday - sorry I could not see it at Goodman. Seems to me that you guys deserved the win.

You couldn't make it from Princeton??? xbawlingx

98hoya
November 11th, 2008, 12:03 PM
You want nasty?

I hope it gets to that: it'll be the first time Georgetown could hands-down trump the other PL schools.

Go...gate
November 11th, 2008, 12:23 PM
You couldn't make it from Princeton??? xbawlingx

My father is not very well and I did not feel comfortable leaving him Saturday. I've only seen one game live this year.