PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Week

Saint3333
October 18th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Has to be ASU @ GSU today. 7 lead changes, two great performances from the respective QBs. I've never seen AE as emotional during a regular season game as today.

Games like this are why the ASU/GSU games each year are some of the best of the year. It's a shame a team the caliber of GSU with 3 losses to 3 top 5 teams by a combined 5 points will not be able to be in the playoffs. I'm glad we got them in the middle of the season, and this team is back on track to the old GSU.

appst97
October 18th, 2008, 06:26 PM
what a rollercoaster

elonpuckhog
October 18th, 2008, 06:38 PM
As an Elon fan, I watched this game, and was just in awe. The game was freaking awesome. Congrats to App on their win. There were many times I thought it was over, only to have something else happen. I agree, this has to be the game of the week.

th0m
October 18th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Week aint over yet but I don't think anything will top it no. Congrats on the win, heartbreaker for GSU.

Jiggs
October 18th, 2008, 06:47 PM
ASU/GSU - What a great game! Hats off to both teams.

ASU88
October 18th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I watched the game on TV and just felt exhausted when it was over. During the game, at some point, I did all of the following:

- Cheer and high five my son, Landon
- Stand up and fist pump the air while my wife rolled her eyes
- Cuss and get up and walk laps around the downstairs of my house.
- Cuss and went outside to do yard work (for 10 minutes)
- Called Appaholic after the first late interception to say "I thought Corey Lynch graduated" only to have the safety happen while on the phone, at which point I cussed and hung up.

Incredible. App St very fortunate to get out of there with a "W" (as always.)

Saint3333
October 18th, 2008, 08:53 PM
This game had to take a lot out of each team, it will be interesting to see how both respond next weekend.

Black Saturday in Boone against Furman, game 2 of the gaunlet that ASU will face between Oct. 15th and Nov. 15th.