October 18th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Look at this box score.

First downs 28-10
Possession 34:42-25:18
Total yards 571-142
yards per pass 11.2-3.5
yards per rush 4.2-1.3

We won by 7 freaking points.

Three, count 'em, three turnovers in the red zone. All inside the ten, I believe. One of the most ridiculous games I've seen in awhile. One fumble on the one yard line because he tries to dive in stupidly. One fumbled snap. One INT thrown right at the defender. McBride was very upset in postgame. We all are.

Uncle Buck
October 18th, 2008, 05:55 PM
A W is a W....sometimes you have to win ugly. And not to be cliche, but good teams find a way to win.

madisonfan87
October 18th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Tell that to App State, they won by 1 to Georgia Southern, now thats a frustrating win.

Tod
October 18th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Look at this box score.

First downs 28-10
Total yards 571-142
yards per pass 11.2-3.5
yards per rush 4.2-1.3

Three, count 'em, three turnovers in the red zone. All inside the ten, I believe. One of the most ridiculous games I've seen in awhile. One fumble on the one yard line because he tries to dive in stupidly. One fumbled snap. One INT thrown right at the defender. McBride was very upset in postgame. We all are.

The difference in yardage there...If I had no other information, I'd guess at least a 28 point win. Probably more.

But, you won. Take it and move on. The team will work on the turnover problem.

:)

Tod
October 18th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Tell that to App State, they won by 1 to Georgia Southern, now thats a frustrating win.

But I'll bet ASU's yardage advantage (if any) was not what WSU's was.

Appstate29
October 18th, 2008, 06:02 PM

Nothing frustrating about winning in Statesboro. Sure, there were things I wish we hadn't done, and plays I thought weren't executed (or called) properly, but we had 0 turnovers and played a great 2nd half offense. That was just a great game. I'm happy to leave with a 1 pt. win.

JALMOND
October 18th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Look at this box score.

First downs 28-10
Total yards 571-142
yards per pass 11.2-3.5
yards per rush 4.2-1.3

Can't do anything about it now. Consider it fortunate that you found a way to win with the various miscues. Work on them and improve next week. You'll need it. You're going to Flagstaff to play NAU. Big conference game (bigger than this).

UNCBears2010
October 18th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Weber State's defense played great, completely shut down the UNC offense. As for the other side of the ball, that's what UNC's defense does, it bends but doesn't break. That's why we have the best red zone defense in the Big Sky (and it really isn't even close).

Congrats on the win Wildcats.

I Bleed Purple
October 18th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Weber State's defense played great, completely shut down the UNC offense. As for the other side of the ball, that's what UNC's defense does, it bends but doesn't break. That's why we have the best red zone defense in the Big Sky (and it really isn't even close).

Congrats on the win Wildcats.

Forgive me for sounding bitter, but yeah, it was the "bes red zone defense in the Big Sky" that intimidated the center into fumbling the snap. Or to have our QB throw the ball right to you, or lay it out near the goal line to be knocked out.

The other fumble was a great play by the DE near midfield.

mtgrizfan4life
October 18th, 2008, 07:23 PM
GRIZ fans feel your pain. Speaking of GRIZ fans, you are starting to sound like one. :) Glad to see you guys are having a good year though. This GRIZ fan is hoping for a playoff rematch. Our defense will hold their own now. Unfortunately it took WSU kicking their ass for the right changes to take places. Very similar to Sam Houston State killing us and us getting a playoff rematch and winning.

GATA
October 18th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Nothing frustrating about winning in Statesboro. Sure, there were things I wish we hadn't done, and plays I thought weren't executed (or called) properly, but we had 0 turnovers and played a great 2nd half offense. That was just a great game. I'm happy to leave with a 1 pt. win.

I agree. At this point GSU fans are on the verge of suicide. It's like a double edged sword losing these games to Elon, Wofford, and App state by a combined 4 points.

On the one hand, you're glad we're not getting manhandled and blown out like we're just a terrible team, but on the other hand it's really frustrating that we couldn't pull out the win in any of those games...4 points total! That's frustrating! Winning those close ones is tougher than just being a terrible team and getting blown out because you always ask yourself ..."what if"

NoCoDanny
October 18th, 2008, 08:31 PM
The Weber problem was driving into the red zone, just throw hail marys from the 50 they work best.

But Weber is a very well coached team, they had a couple breakdowns but their QB is a cool customer. Also that # 6 is lethal.

I'd like to see them run the table at this point.

I Bleed Purple
October 18th, 2008, 08:59 PM
The Weber problem was driving into the red zone, just throw hail marys from the 50 they work best.

But Weber is a very well coached team, they had a couple breakdowns but their QB is a cool customer. Also that # 6 is lethal.

I'd like to see them run the table at this point.

Nah, UNC was running cover 2 or man 2 all day. Got one of the touchdowns on a tight end seam route a la Whitten for the Cowboys. Higgins wanted to throw several downfield passes but saw safety help and pulled it down.

UNCBears2010
October 18th, 2008, 09:01 PM
I agree. At this point GSU fans are on the verge of suicide. It's like a double edged sword losing these games to Elon, Wofford, and App state by a combined 4 points.

On the one hand, you're glad we're not getting manhandled and blown out like we're just a terrible team, but on the other hand it's really frustrating that we couldn't pull out the win in any of those games...4 points total! That's frustrating! Winning those close ones is tougher than just being a terrible team and getting blown out because you always ask yourself ..."what if"

UNC fans know how you feel. We've outscored our FCS opponents by a combined 126-123, but we're 1-4 against FCS teams. We're asking a lot of "what if" questions right now, too.