PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Carolina

UNHWildCats
November 6th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Everyone's dissing Coastal Carolina's schedule but lets look at some other high ranked teams.

You'll slamming Coastals schedule how about Hampton's

Rank Team SOS (W L W% Oponents)

65 Lehigh 0.4959 32 36 0.4706
69 Hampton 0.4869 30 35 0.4615
70 Texas State 0.4868 15 18 0.4545
76 Coastal Carolina 0.4769 26 34 0.4333

Yea Coastal Carolina may be the lowest of the four but not by a huge margin and if the other 3 teams can be top 10 teams, no reason Coastal cant. people wanna say 9-0 is 9-0 regardless of schedule FINE but 8-1 is 8-1 regardless of schedule!

ASU Kep
November 6th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Um...am I allowed to slam all of them?

UNHWildCats
November 6th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Um...am I allowed to slam all of them?

Sure! I just dont think its fair to slam Coastal when Texas St and Hampton are in the top 10 on the AGS poll and so far a few hjave Lehigh in the top 10 for the new poll.

youwouldno
November 6th, 2005, 09:43 PM
No need to slam them. The playoffs will do that for us.

AppGuy04
November 6th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Everyone's dissing Coastal Carolina's schedule but lets look at some other high ranked teams.

Yea Coastal Carolina may be the lowest of the four but not by a huge margin and if the other 3 teams can be top 10 teams, no reason Coastal cant. people wanna say 9-0 is 9-0 regardless of schedule FINE but 8-1 is 8-1 regardless of schedule!

dude, i have been saying that both of their schedules suck in every way possible

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 6th, 2005, 10:07 PM
I posted this on a the AGS poll board....

Lehigh's strength is really brought down by Fordham, Bucknell and VMI. Other than that they played all respectable opponents, even Gtown should finish 5-6 which isn't dissmal. You could make a case for Lafayette, Harvard and Colgate as top 25 teams and Holy Cross is a top 40 team IMHO. I think there's considerable more depth to Lehigh's schedule compared to Hamptons and CCU.

lugo02
November 6th, 2005, 10:33 PM

You are correct, that is why I think Texas st is one of the most overrated team this season. For most of the Season Lehigh was not top 10, as a matter of fact Lehigh have been consistently ranked below those other 3 teams thoughtout the season in all the final polls.

UNHWildCats
November 6th, 2005, 10:47 PM
You are correct, that is why I think Texas st is one of the most overrated team this season. For most of the Season Lehigh was not top 10, as a matter of fact Lehigh have been consistently ranked below those other 3 teams thoughtout the season in all the final polls.

I included Lehigh cause somne people are ranking them in there top 10 which is fine. But people shouldnt be attacking a team for a weak schedule unless there gonna attack all the teams that are high ranked with weak schedules.

AppGuy04
November 6th, 2005, 10:54 PM
I included Lehigh cause somne people are ranking them in there top 10 which is fine. But people shouldnt be attacking a team for a weak schedule unless there gonna attack all the teams that are high ranked with weak schedules.

the reason hampton and coastal fans get attacked is b/c they don't listen to facts, i haven't had any texas st fan on here talking about how great their team is week in and week out

when u take Liberty to 3OT's and still talk smack after doing that, its a little ridiculous

UNHWildCats
November 6th, 2005, 10:57 PM
the reason hampton and coastal fans get attacked is b/c they don't listen to facts, i haven't had any texas st fan on here talking about how great their team is week in and week out

when u take Liberty to 3OT's and still talk smack after doing that, its a little ridiculous

im not a coastal or hampton fan, im just trying to make a point for getting argued with because i rank Coastal #6 in my personal poll

AppGuy04
November 6th, 2005, 11:00 PM
im not a coastal or hampton fan, im just trying to make a point for getting argued with because i rank Coastal #6 in my personal poll

well, i understand, its just that, your opinion, i just think there are 10 or so teams out there that are better than Coastal, and thats my opinion

all i ask is for people to be able to explain major descrepincies b/t their poll and consensus

umassfan
November 6th, 2005, 11:04 PM
Our SOS is brought down by Delaware and Northeastern :D

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 6th, 2005, 11:05 PM

I support Coastal Carolina because it wasn't long ago that Lehigh was in a similar situation. Thankfully we had an autobid to fall back on so we didn't have to sweat it out too much. With that that said, CCU fans had to know this was going to happen as the season headed towards the finish. Those games against JMU, App St, and SSCU are fading from memory and this stretch to end the season is brutal. They're playing a D2 that knew they were completely incapable of playing in D2 playoffs. If Coastal had those 3 games against the above a little more spread out and played SSCU say this week or even last week it might leave a lasting impression. Unfortunately for the Chants they'll have gone nearly 2 months since they last played a Top 50-70 team. This isn't a slam in anyway.

SuperJon
November 6th, 2005, 11:12 PM
As I've said, if we could change it we would. Savannah St wouldn't let us buy out the contract of that game and the team we had scheduled for next week (I can't remember who, it was a I-AA game though) got scared and backed out.

AppGuy04
November 6th, 2005, 11:19 PM
and the team we had scheduled for next week (I can't remember who, it was a I-AA game though) got scared and backed out.

that is pure conjecture, and that is the reason that many people enjoy bashing you, you guys think that everyone is scared, when in actually, there are so many other things that go into scheduling

UNHWildCats
November 6th, 2005, 11:21 PM
well, i understand, its just that, your opinion, i just think there are 10 or so teams out there that are better than Coastal, and thats my opinion

all i ask is for people to be able to explain major descrepincies b/t their poll and consensus

well since my ranking them 6th is right inline with where USA today/ESPN and TSN will have them ranked I dont feel its a descrepincie

youwouldno
November 6th, 2005, 11:22 PM
Does anyone really believe CCU will win a game in the playoffs?

AppGuy04
November 6th, 2005, 11:23 PM
well since my ranking them 6th is right inline with where USA today/ESPN and TSN will have them ranked I dont feel its a descrepincie

thats the problem, you trust writers who watch one game a year vs people who watch and keep up with I-AA football all year round

chantster
November 6th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Does anyone really believe CCU will win a game in the playoffs?

Yeah, if we get lucky and draw a team that has an overrated QB that likes to throw a ball game away like yours did.

youwouldno
November 6th, 2005, 11:40 PM
Well, aside from the fact that the only CCU player that would start for Furman is Simpson, I'm not too worried about having to come from behind with a minute left against CCU. By the 4th quarter, Renaldo Gray would be Furman's QB, because we would be winning by several TDs.

Unfortunately, Furman probably won't play CCU, because I doubt that matchup would happen in the first round. And CCU isn't making it past the first round.

p.s. If you wanna talk QBs... Thigpen would be so far down Furman's depth chart that we would take the redshirt off Sorrells before playing him...

chantster
November 6th, 2005, 11:43 PM

Why is it that someone starts a thread about Coastal and immediately the Appy haters wanna start bashing ? Especially you?

What is your problem?

Does it make you feel better about yourself to just start hating?

Just because there are some that don't have the same opinion as you why do you want to make a big ass deal out of it?

Damn, do you ever stop?

chantster
November 6th, 2005, 11:48 PM
Gray had a decent outing filling in for your boy who got shellshocked against El Cid, and you think he is all american now, huh?

And frankly, there weren't too many programs that were looking for Sorrell's services, either. Good thing his daddy is one of the assitants.

I probably know more about your incoming recruits than you ever will.

youwouldno
November 6th, 2005, 11:55 PM
LoL

Sorrells was offered by Kentucky, Akron, and ECU, and would have had more but he committed to Furman early (right after our loss at App St.).

He wasn't offered by many I-AA teams because they knew there was zero chance they would land him, and Furman only did because of his family connection to the program.

I'm not sure what you think you "know" about Furman's recruits... if you do in fact know anything, you would know they were virtually all better than anything CCU brought in, with the exception of that punter. A lot of them had I-A offers and most of the rest had numerous I-AA offers. CCU got the players good I-AA teams (and of course I-A teams) didn't want.

SoCon48
November 7th, 2005, 06:48 AM
LoL

Sorrells was offered by Kentucky, Akron, and ECU, and would have had more but he committed to Furman early (right after our loss at App St.).

He wasn't offered by many I-AA teams because they knew there was zero chance they would land him, and Furman only did because of his family connection to the program.

I'm not sure what you think you "know" about Furman's recruits... if you do in fact know anything, you would know they were virtually all better than anything CCU brought in, with the exception of that punter. A lot of them had I-A offers and most of the rest had numerous I-AA offers. CCU got the players good I-AA teams (and of course I-A teams) didn't want.

...and couldn't get admitted.

chantster
November 7th, 2005, 07:07 AM
...and couldn't get admitted.

JCLINE,

Names, please. Lets deal with facts.

Which recruits/players on our roster could not get admitted.

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Why is it that someone starts a thread about Coastal and immediately the Appy haters wanna start bashing ? Especially you?

What is your problem?

Does it make you feel better about yourself to just start hating?

Just because there are some that don't have the same opinion as you why do you want to make a big ass deal out of it?

Damn, do you ever stop?

please tell me how that is bashing? its my honest opinion, and thats what we do here, we tell our opinions, if you can't do that, then please leave

if you bashed my team, i would defend them, enough said, all you can do is bitch about people bashing your team, b/c you have no evidence to suggest otherwise, thats is why you guys get so defensive

SuperJon
November 7th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Let me explain my "scared to play" comment. The reason I said this was because, if I recall correctly, the school was a lower level I-AA school, not good at all. I remember reading and article over the summer talking about our schedule where the writer said that not long after we finished the season last year, this school backed out because there was no clause or whatever saying they couldn't and it was because they didn't think we'd be good fast. I was by no means saying that this school was a I-AA power that was "scared" to play us. I'm just trying to clarify that point because I know the big boys would love to play us, as long as it was in their house.

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Let me explain my "scared to play" comment. The reason I said this was because, if I recall correctly, the school was a lower level I-AA school, not good at all. I remember reading and article over the summer talking about our schedule where the writer said that not long after we finished the season last year, this school backed out because there was no clause or whatever saying they couldn't and it was because they didn't think we'd be good fast. I was by no means saying that this school was a I-AA power that was "scared" to play us. I'm just trying to clarify that point because I know the big boys would love to play us, as long as it was in their house.

well, whatever team it was, if it was a weak I-AA team, then it prolly wouldn't have help your SOS schedule anymore than Mansfield

bodoyle
November 7th, 2005, 08:15 AM
SJ: I believe the team that backed out for whatever the reason is was Tennessee Martin or Tennessee Tech. I don't remember which one, but it was one of those two.

I think the reason people bash us other then just to provoke others is because before the season started, they said IF we beat JMU, IF we beat App St, IF we beat SCSU THEN we will be a good team. Now since we accomplished 2/3 of that, they are shi**ing a brick because :eek: we actually are a good team.

As for Furman, Martin is a helluva good player, but I would have confidence that we could stop him like we stopped Rascati earlier in the year (sp?).

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 08:18 AM
I think the reason people bash us other then just to provoke others is because before the season started, they said IF we beat JMU, IF we beat App St, IF we beat SCSU THEN we will be a good team. Now since we accomplished 2/3 of that, they are shi**ing a brick because :eek: we actually are a good team.

how many times do i have to say this:

If you were good, I'd give you respect, since I don't think you are, i give you little, stop with this reverse psychology crap

bodoyle
November 7th, 2005, 08:18 AM
App So a bad 1aa team is equivalent to a bad d2 team?

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 08:19 AM
App So a bad 1aa team is equivalent to a bad d2 team?

bad is bad in my opinion, either way, you should beat them by 50

bodoyle
November 7th, 2005, 08:21 AM
I'm not using reverse psychology. I didn't like Psych class as it was. If we beat 2 ranked teams, won 11 in a row at home (will be 12) have 2 conference titles in 3 years how are we not good? How many years has App St been in 1aa? We have been in for 2+ years.

Since you don't think we are good, does that mean you thought we would be better? That would be a first. A non-CCU fan having high expectations for us.

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 08:24 AM
I'm not using reverse psychology. I didn't like Psych class as it was. If we beat 2 ranked teams, won 11 in a row at home (will be 12) have 2 conference titles in 3 years how are we not good? How many years has App St been in 1aa? We have been in for 2+ years.

Since you don't think we are good, does that mean you thought we would be better? That would be a first. A non-CCU fan having high expectations for us.

coming off of last year, after beating JMU, yes i thought you guys would be better, but since your whoopin in Boone, you guys really haven't lived up to your talk, barely beating SCSU, G-W and Liberty in OT

youwouldno
November 7th, 2005, 08:29 AM
SJ: I believe the team that backed out for whatever the reason is was Tennessee Martin or Tennessee Tech. I don't remember which one, but it was one of those two.

As for Furman, Martin is a helluva good player, but I would have confidence that we could stop him like we stopped Rascati earlier in the year (sp?).

Well, JMU has not lived up to expectations, and you got SMOKED by App St.

Still, JMU was a good win. SC St. is decent. But CCU has so many easy wins that the schedule as a whole remains weak.

If you think CCU could stop Furman, you're crazy, but like I said... unless CCU advances out of the first round, it won't happen, and CCU isn't advancing past the first round.

bodoyle
November 7th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Just like a certain someone, who will remain nameless, said the following....and I quote "The I-AA playoff committee wasn’t sipping that Koolaid when it came time to choose the 16-team playoff field, though enough voters were convinced to get the Chanticleers ranked in The Sports Network poll.

“We knew we weren’t going to get in the playoffs,” said a more realistic Patrick Hall, Coastal Carolina’s 1,000-yard tailback. “It was all on ourselves, because we lost to Newberry.”

“No disrespect, but I felt we were good enough (last year) to compete with those teams,” said Hall.

Moving ahead a year, CCU decided to control the one thing it could to change the perception of its program. The Chanticleers went out and added two games with I-AA powers, defending national champion James Madison and Southern Conference behemoth Appalachian State, as well as another attractive matchup with MEAC standout South Carolina State.

“We didn’t make the playoffs because of our strength of schedule,” CCU coach David Bennett said. “This year, that’s been rectified.”

Coastal Carolina can’t do much about the strength, or weakness of its conference, the Big South, at this point and there still are games with the likes of Mansfield and Delaware State.

But the Chanticleers will get the chance to see just how far their three-year-old program has progressed Saturday night in Conway, S.C. when they host JMU. And if CCU survives that one, they have a date at Kidd Brewer Stadium with Appalachian State the following week.

The excitement of the JMU game has gone a little bit to the heads of the Chanticleer nation, with some folks actually anticipating an upset of the dominating Dukes.

One radio guy at the Big South media day told me: “James Madison won’t be used to playing in the heat we get in South Carolina. If we can keep the game close, we might be able to wear them down in the fourth quarter.”

Fortunately, this guy wasn’t committed to the nearest psychiatric hospital after that event. Wearing down the team that epitomized wearing down opponents last season?

Just ask big, bad Montana about wearing down JMU and its 300-plus-pound offensive linemen in last year’s national championship game?

Fortunately, Bennett hasn’t lost his wits. He watched enough film this summer to know just how good JMU is and he was the first to admit that his team would have its hands full this weekend.

The Chanticleers had a hard enough time just beating Elon on the road in their season opener. Coastal Carolina pulled in out 17-10, but that was only after a game-tying touchdown for Elon was called back by a penalty in the fourth quarter.

“Our first three games, I hope we can get through them to get to the conference,” Bennett said. “You’ve got to get through that schedule and still be healthy enough to win your conference. We’ll know by mid-September how good a football team we have.”

Despite the great challenge, CCU can’t wait to see how it stacks up with the best of I-AA, starting with James Madison.

“We want to prove we are a premier team,” said Hall. “If we play as well as we did last year, with the schedule we have, we will get that respect. To earn that respect, you have to go out and play the best.”

bodoyle
November 7th, 2005, 08:44 AM
So would it have been better to have lost to GDubb and Liberty? It sure as hell seems that no matter what we do, we are not doing the right thing.

You Would: Crazy like we were for thinking that we could beat James Madison?

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Just like a certain someone, who will remain nameless, said the following....and I quote "The I-AA playoff committee wasn’t sipping that Koolaid when it came time to choose the 16-team playoff field, though enough voters were convinced to get the Chanticleers ranked in The Sports Network poll.

“We knew we weren’t going to get in the playoffs,” said a more realistic Patrick Hall, Coastal Carolina’s 1,000-yard tailback. “It was all on ourselves, because we lost to Newberry.”

“No disrespect, but I felt we were good enough (last year) to compete with those teams,” said Hall.

Moving ahead a year, CCU decided to control the one thing it could to change the perception of its program. The Chanticleers went out and added two games with I-AA powers, defending national champion James Madison and Southern Conference behemoth Appalachian State, as well as another attractive matchup with MEAC standout South Carolina State.

“We didn’t make the playoffs because of our strength of schedule,” CCU coach David Bennett said. “This year, that’s been rectified.”

Coastal Carolina can’t do much about the strength, or weakness of its conference, the Big South, at this point and there still are games with the likes of Mansfield and Delaware State.

But the Chanticleers will get the chance to see just how far their three-year-old program has progressed Saturday night in Conway, S.C. when they host JMU. And if CCU survives that one, they have a date at Kidd Brewer Stadium with Appalachian State the following week.

The excitement of the JMU game has gone a little bit to the heads of the Chanticleer nation, with some folks actually anticipating an upset of the dominating Dukes.

One radio guy at the Big South media day told me: “James Madison won’t be used to playing in the heat we get in South Carolina. If we can keep the game close, we might be able to wear them down in the fourth quarter.”

Fortunately, this guy wasn’t committed to the nearest psychiatric hospital after that event. Wearing down the team that epitomized wearing down opponents last season?

Just ask big, bad Montana about wearing down JMU and its 300-plus-pound offensive linemen in last year’s national championship game?

Fortunately, Bennett hasn’t lost his wits. He watched enough film this summer to know just how good JMU is and he was the first to admit that his team would have its hands full this weekend.

The Chanticleers had a hard enough time just beating Elon on the road in their season opener. Coastal Carolina pulled in out 17-10, but that was only after a game-tying touchdown for Elon was called back by a penalty in the fourth quarter.

“Our first three games, I hope we can get through them to get to the conference,” Bennett said. “You’ve got to get through that schedule and still be healthy enough to win your conference. We’ll know by mid-September how good a football team we have.”

Despite the great challenge, CCU can’t wait to see how it stacks up with the best of I-AA, starting with James Madison.

“We want to prove we are a premier team,” said Hall. “If we play as well as we did last year, with the schedule we have, we will get that respect. To earn that respect, you have to go out and play the best.”

your SOS will not be resctified as long as you play in the Big South, with that conference, yuo are gonna have to schedule App and JMU every game other than conference games; there can't be any Savannah State or Mansfield on the schedule, you are gonna have to pull solely from the bigger conferences

as for this article, did you really expect a player on the team to be realistic and say "no, we aren't that good." COME ON!

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 08:49 AM
So would it have been better to have lost to GDubb and Liberty? It sure as hell seems that no matter what we do, we are not doing the right thing.

if you beat those teams by 40 like you shoudl have them it wouldn't be an issue

bodoyle
November 7th, 2005, 08:59 AM

Call me stupid but isn't that EXACTLY what P Hall did?

So then since we "barely won" over GDubb and Liberty, and lost to App St, that cancels out back to back conference titles, beating the defending national champs, and SCSU at SCSU?

I guess that we should not be even on the committee's mind for consideration and that our bids for home games was a waste of Moose's time?

IaaScribe
November 7th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Tenn.-Martin was the school that pulled out of CCU's schedule.

And the App folk here have a real hard-on for hating on Coastal. You guys beat the snot out of Coastal. Isn't that enough?

SuperJon
November 7th, 2005, 09:33 AM
App Guy, how many times do we have to tell you that we don't want Savannah State or Mansfield. Savannah State would not let us buy out that contract so we were obligated to play them. UT-Martin backed out of a game and Mansfield was the ONLY school in the country with a free game. If we could play a better schedule we would, but things did not work out that way this year.

New CCU Fan
November 7th, 2005, 09:37 AM
The only real vocal group of "CCU haters" and "lack of any respect for CCU" on this whole site is a certain small group of App Fans (not all), ironically the only team that has beaten CCU on Any Given Saturday this year. If that particular win gets talked about this much....then CCU should take it as a compliment and let other team's fans view it as they wish. :D :D :D

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 09:48 AM
App Guy, how many times do we have to tell you that we don't want Savannah State or Mansfield. Savannah State would not let us buy out that contract so we were obligated to play them. UT-Martin backed out of a game and Mansfield was the ONLY school in the country with a free game. If we could play a better schedule we would, but things did not work out that way this year.

regardless of the schedule, you haven't beaten inferior teams soundly like you should have

SuperJon
November 7th, 2005, 09:49 AM
You play, to win, the game. The only stat that counts is the W and the L. Any other cliche's you want me to throw out there?

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 09:51 AM
You play, to win, the game. The only stat that counts is the W and the L. Any other cliche's you want me to throw out there?

if this was the case, then there would be no debate as whether u guys are on the bubble, if you would rather have an undefeated season and not play into December, then be my guest

SuperJon
November 7th, 2005, 10:05 AM
We did what we could to upgrade the schedule. We added two powerhouses and another conference champion of an auto-bid conference. Yes, Elon and DSU aren't great teams but you play with the hand you're dealt. As it has been said 2 billion times, we would rather not play SSU and Mansfield but we were forced to this year. We're forced to play SSU again next year as well, unless we can buy out the contract. We added Georgia Southern and Wofford (I think) for next year. If the SoCon would get over themselves and realize that we're on our way to being a good program in football, we have probably a better coach in basketball than any team in the SoCon who is turning our program around, we have a better baseball program than 90% of the SoCon, and our academic requirements are improving every year and are no worse than Western's or a few other schools, then they would let us in the conference and this whole thing could be settled.

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 10:08 AM
If the SoCon would get over themselves and realize that we're on our way to being a good program in football, we have probably a better coach in basketball than any team in the SoCon who is turning our program around, we have a better baseball program than 90% of the SoCon, and our academic requirements are improving every year and are no worse than Western's or a few other schools, then they would let us in the conference and this whole thing could be settled.

once again, another "we are better than you" statement

and for you to get in, you're probably gonna have to show it on the football field, because that is the biggest sport in the SoCon

SuperJon
November 7th, 2005, 10:21 AM
It wasn't a better than you statement, it was the truth.

My statement was that the SoCon keeps making all of these excuses for not letting us in when it's obvious we are more than capable of competing in all sports. You guys tell us to join a better conference and then it's your president telling us to stay in the Big South.

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 10:26 AM
It wasn't a better than you statement, it was the truth.

My statement was that the SoCon keeps making all of these excuses for not letting us in when it's obvious we are more than capable of competing in all sports. You guys tell us to join a better conference and then it's your president telling us to stay in the Big South.

i have said join a better conference yes, but that doesn't mean SoCon

i have no control over that, nor does anyone else on this board

but like i said, in the mean time, ur gonna have to do better than elon, delaware st, savannah st, and beating your conference teams in OT

bodoyle
November 7th, 2005, 10:27 AM
SJ: It's simple they want to have their cake and eat it too.

SuperJon
November 7th, 2005, 10:27 AM
What other conference could we join besides the SoCon? Got any ideas? I really don't want to go to the SoCon, I never have. Give us some options here.

youwouldno
November 7th, 2005, 10:28 AM

Furman is better than James Madison. Actually we were more talented last year and just threw away the NC against them, but this year JMU has obviously been inconsistent.

And, even so, yes it was dumb to predict CCU would beat JMU. Just because something very unlikely happens doesn't make you smart for being a homer. If you always predict your team will win, then if there's an upset, you will have been 'right.' Big deal.

CCU is going to get bounced in the first round of the playoffs.

on joining the SoCon: there are various concerns keeping CCU out right now. #1 is probably the Elon experience, which is to say, what proof is there CCU would be a good team once in a real conference? And CCU's basketball team sucked last year.

bodoyle
November 7th, 2005, 10:32 AM
So let me get this straigh. You have nothing to do with us getting in the SoCon or any other conference for that matter (obviously you don't, that was never up for debate).

We are going to have to do better then Elon, DSU, Mansfield, Sav St when we are a 3rd year program? So we should have been expected to be ranked in the top 10 in the nation after 30 or so games?

God we must be morons, EVERY team is in the top 10 in the nation 2+ years into a football program. We are so idiotic for not scheduling JMU, App St, Ga South, Furman, Montana, Tx St, and UMASS as our OOC teams. :bang:

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 10:33 AM
What other conference could we join besides the SoCon? Got any ideas? I really don't want to go to the SoCon, I never have. Give us some options here.

honestly, your only other feasable option would be the Pioneer, and thats not a stepup, just more teams

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 10:34 AM
SJ: It's simple they want to have their cake and eat it too.

hmmmmm, don't think so, we whooped you, so therefore at this point we have no reason to respect you

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 10:37 AM
So let me get this straigh. You have nothing to do with us getting in the SoCon or any other conference for that matter (obviously you don't, that was never up for debate).

We are going to have to do better then Elon, DSU, Mansfield, Sav St when we are a 3rd year program? So we should have been expected to be ranked in the top 10 in the nation after 30 or so games?

God we must be morons, EVERY team is in the top 10 in the nation 2+ years into a football program. We are so idiotic for not scheduling JMU, App St, Ga South, Furman, Montana, Tx St, and UMASS as our OOC teams. :bang:

saying that you can't control your schedule is a cop out, you can, that is all

8 of your 11 games are teams that are below or right at .500, thats not solid, sorry

youwouldno
November 7th, 2005, 10:39 AM

If Mansfield and SSU are the best you can do, that's fine. Just don't expect a SoCon invite.

Right now, the only incentive to add CCU is baseball, since the SoCon is already a very good mid-major conference in that sport and would probably be the best mid-major with CCU. But, though I like baseball, it's not a big-time sport at most schools in terms of money and attendance.

If CCU continues to play tougher football schedules and gets basketball to a level of decency, I'm all for adding the roosters or whatever to the SoCon. Don't be so impatient.

SuperJon
November 7th, 2005, 10:49 AM
saying that you can't control your schedule is a cop out, you can, that is all

That's where you're full of crap. When you have a school back out at the last minute, how can you control that? When a school won't let you buy out the contract you signed before the school had played a game, how can you control that? It's not a cop out.

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 10:51 AM
That's where you're full of crap. When you have a school back out at the last minute, how can you control that? When a school won't let you buy out the contract you signed before the school had played a game, how can you control that? It's not a cop out.

thats one game big guy, explain the other 7 sucky teams, oh wait, 4 are conference, u still had 3 to take care of

bodoyle
November 7th, 2005, 10:58 AM
So you accounted for the 4 conf. games, Mans (5), Sav St (6), Del St (7), and Elon (8).

The other three those would be you guys JMU and SCSU? Pretty crappy

bodoyle
November 7th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Having your cake and eating it too has nothing to do with you beating us.

It is in reference to wanting to say we suck and that we need to get in a better conference yet when we say we are trying to, you say we are not good for the SoCon. Make up your mind!

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 11:05 AM
The other three those would be you guys JMU and SCSU? Pretty crappy

do you even know your schedule:
Sat, Sep 3 at Elon W 17-10 (CRAPPY TEAM)
Sat, Sep 10 James Madison W 31-27
Sat, Sep 17 at Appalachian State L 3-30
Sat, Sep 24 Delaware State W 24-6 (CRAPPY TEAM)
Sat, Oct 1 at South Carolina State W 24-23
Sat, Oct 15 Gardner-Webb W 34-31 (CRAPPY TEAM)
Sat, Oct 22 at Liberty W 27-21 (CRAPPY TEAM)
Sat, Oct 29 Virginia Military W 38-14 (CRAPPY TEAM)
Sat, Nov 5 at Savannah State W 42-16 (CRAPPY TEAM)

Sat, Nov 12 Mansfield 12:30 pm (CRAPPY TEAM)
Sat, Nov 19 at Charleston Southern 12:30 pm (CRAPPY TEAM)

i count 8 crappy teams out of 11 games

4 conference games, that leaves 4 crappy teams left OOC, and if you can't control the Mansfield game, that leaves 3 more that you could have controlled (Delaware St, Elon, and Savannah St) high caliber there

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Having your cake and eating it too has nothing to do with you beating us.

It is in reference to wanting to say we suck and that we need to get in a better conference yet when we say we are trying to, you say we are not good for the SoCon. Make up your mind!

we saying you need a better conference is for your own benefit, i could really give a crap

bodoyle
November 7th, 2005, 11:22 AM
:deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse WE TRIED TO BUY OUT SAV STATE AND THEY WOULD NOT LET US!!!!! ARE YOU REALLY THAT DUMB THAT YOU CAN NOT READ THAT WHEN IT HAS BEEN POSTED 400 TIMES? :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

Elon is a SoCon team (bottom) but they are from a power conference.

GDubb, Liberty, VMI, Chuck South CONFERENCE TEAMS :deadhorse

MANSFIELD WAS THE ONLY TEAM AVAILABLE FOR THAT DATE :deadhorse :deadhorse

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 11:23 AM
:deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse WE TRIED TO BUY OUT SAV STATE AND THEY WOULD NOT LET US!!!!! ARE YOU REALLY THAT DUMB THAT YOU CAN NOT READ THAT WHEN IT HAS BEEN POSTED 400 TIMES? :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

Elon is a SoCon team (bottom) but they are from a power conference.

GDubb, Liberty, VMI, Chuck South CONFERENCE TEAMS :deadhorse

MANSFIELD WAS THE ONLY TEAM AVAILABLE FOR THAT DATE :deadhorse :deadhorse

read again, i gave you credit for mansfield

bodoyle
November 7th, 2005, 11:23 AM
I agree that it would benefit us, that's probably why we sent an info packet to the SoCon over a year ago

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 11:24 AM
I agree that it would benefit us, that's probably why we sent an info packet to the SoCon over a year ago

well, in reality, can you expect something to happen that fast?

bodoyle
November 7th, 2005, 11:24 AM
We are still beating the hell out of this poor decimated horse!

What the hell is the point? We can not control the past, noone can.

bodoyle
November 7th, 2005, 11:25 AM
No we can't expect it that fast, but the longer we wait, the longer it will take. Might as well strike while the iron is hot.

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 11:26 AM
We are still beating the hell out of this poor decimated horse!

What the hell is the point? We can not control the past, noone can.

actually my most important point is performance, look at the teams u beat and how much u beat them by

youwouldno
November 7th, 2005, 11:34 AM
If CCU won the NC, I bet they'd get into the SoCon pretty quick.

I kid, but the ball is in CCU's court. OK, they had some problems with their schedule this year. CCU will still be in the playoffs, so what's the problem?

Next year, field a tougher schedule. Prove week in, week out CCU can play with good teams. A SoCon invite will happen if everyone believes the program is solid and likely to succeed in the future.

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 11:35 AM
if you have Georgia Southern next year, that will be a pretty good guage of your chances in the SoCon

bodoyle
November 7th, 2005, 11:51 AM
We have Ga South the next 2 years. And next year we have Wofford. I think we got one more crappy year with Sav St. The other 4 teams, not sure. I think 1 more with Del St. and maybe Sc St??

rokamortis
November 7th, 2005, 11:55 AM
SCSU and Elon in Conway. No Del State. @ Wofford, @Georgia Southern

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 12:00 PM
@ Wofford, @Georgia Southern

your tutorial begins :D

Jaques
November 7th, 2005, 05:11 PM
I cannot believe that another 8 pages of absolute repeditive bull**** on CCU has happened again. :mad: What the f$#$ is wrong with you people. It is so pointless to argue about a schedule that none of US have anything to do with. And again, what started as a discussion on CCU and the playoffs turned into CCU bashing and should have immediatley been moved to the SMACK board.

So if CCU gets in the playoffs and we get "bounced" in the first round, that means we didn't deserve to be there. Is that true for the other first round losers? Or is CCU going to be the ONLY team that loses and then the rest of the playoffs continue as normal. Whatever :rolleyes: I mean can you come up with something else to say besides our team sucks, our schedule is weak and it does not matter who we've beaten? We don't deserve to be in the playoffs and if we make it we'll lose. And I'm tired of seeing "it's just my opinion"...it has become more than your opinion...it's your way, your belief, and it sucks and its old. :(

we deserve to be in this mix without the re-hashing of schedules and how weak we are. You only need to say it once. we get it.
If our "schedule" hurts us, it hurts us and we move on. will you?

On a side note: There was an APP ST bus on campus Saturday. Anybody know why? :confused: :o :D

Coastal89
November 7th, 2005, 05:48 PM
There was an APP ST bus on campus Saturday. Anybody know why? There was a basketball scrimage but I can't find anything regarding the score.

SoCon48
November 7th, 2005, 07:49 PM
There was a basketball scrimage but I can't find anything regarding the score.

No scores are officially kept for scrimmages. It was, as you noted, a scrimmage, not an exhibition game.