PDA

View Full Version : W&M @ UD game thread

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 18th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Starts in 15, big CAA matchup today!

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 18th, 2008, 11:13 AM
UD moves the chains once, but then is forced to punt. Tribe ball at their own 38.

12:01 left in the first Q.

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 18th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Very quick live stats here.

http://www.bluehens.com/sportsinfo/livestats/football/xlive.htm

Tribe setting up for a FG....

And it's good! 3-0 TRIBE with 7:13 left in the first quarter.

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 18th, 2008, 11:29 AM
UD 35 yd FG into the wind is no good, 3-0 Tribe with the ball at the 25. 1:18 left in the first.

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 18th, 2008, 11:38 AM
A couple punts, Tribe have the ball at their own 23 early in the 2nd Q.

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 18th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Jake Phillips 1 yd sneak, 10-0 Tribe.

Inside 5 minutes left.

WMTribe90
October 18th, 2008, 12:08 PM
WM TD drive was 93 yards into the wind. Next drive started at own 14, down to UD 15, 2nd down.

WMTribe90
October 18th, 2008, 12:09 PM
1st and goal 38 seconds left, 3 yard line. TO Delaware?

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 18th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Ball is at the 3 with about 30 seconds left for W&M. Going up 3 scores at the half would be huge.

WMTribe90
October 18th, 2008, 12:11 PM
3rd and goal from 1, 8 seconds left.

WMTribe90
October 18th, 2008, 12:12 PM
TD called back, offensive pass interference, WM announcers din't like that call. Field goal unit on.

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 18th, 2008, 12:13 PM
13-0 Tribe, halftime.

WMTribe90
October 18th, 2008, 12:13 PM
33 yard fg good, 13-0 WM at the half. Hopefully that penalty doesn't come back to haunt us.

alexale23
October 18th, 2008, 12:30 PM
wheres all the UD peeps

zymergy
October 18th, 2008, 12:39 PM
At or listening to the game.

Listen here: Need IExplorer
http://www.wdsd.com/main.html

WMTribe90
October 18th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Start of 4th still 13-0 WM.

th0m
October 18th, 2008, 01:06 PM
At or listening to the game.

Listen here: Need IExplorer
http://www.wdsd.com/main.html

Thanks.

UD only 130 yds on offense so far xeekx on the plus side, only 1 INT to far.

edit: whaat, can't access the streaming radio from abroad? What's that all about :o

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 18th, 2008, 01:12 PM
10 minutes left, UD FG 13-3. WM ball.

WMTribe90
October 18th, 2008, 01:14 PM
WM muffed punt and UD had possession at 18 yard line. Great job by WM defense to hold UD to a fg.

WMTribe90
October 18th, 2008, 01:18 PM
TD WM!

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 18th, 2008, 01:18 PM
TOUCHDOWN WILLIAM AND MARY!!!! Jake Phillips to Chase Hill.

20-3 TRIBE!

SunCoastBlueHen
October 18th, 2008, 01:27 PM
WM muffed punt and UD had possession at 18 yard line. Great job by WM defense to hold UD to a fg.

Don't give your defense too much credit, a CYO team probably would have held the Hens to a FG.

tribe_pride
October 18th, 2008, 01:37 PM
And the final touchdown makes it a 27-3 win for the Tribe. Way to go guys

456 yards to 145 makes up for a 3-1 turnover disadvantage.

ChickenMan
October 18th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Just back from the game.. congrats to W&M.. you appear to have a nice team. I have to say "appear" because this is the worst UD offense that I have ever seen and I have a seen a lot of Hen football over the past 40+ years. This current offense isn't just bad.. it's embarassingly bad and getting worse as the season progresses. Just 7 points at UMass.. 10 point at home vs Maine and now 3 points at home vs W&M. The QB today threw another INT (#12) and passed for about 40 yrds.. offfensively it was as ugly as it can get. This UD team will be forunate to win another game this year and the games at Richmond and JMU are going to be brutal for any UD fan to watch. A 2-10 season.. which would be the worst in UD history.. is a definate possibility.... xeekx

Hoyadestroya85
October 18th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Just back from the game.. congrats to W&M.. you appear to have a nice team. I have to say "appear" because this is the worst UD offense that I have ever seen and I have a seen a lot of Hen football over the past 40+ years. This current offense isn't just bad.. it's embarassingly bad and getting worse as the season progresses. Just 7 points at UMass.. 10 point at home vs Maine and now 3 points at home vs W&M. The QB today threw another INT (#12) and passed for about 40 yrds.. offfensively it was as ugly as it can get. This UD team will be forunate to win another game this year and the games at Richmond and JMU are going to be brutal for any UD fan to watch. A 2-10 season.. which would be the worst in UD history.. is a definate possibility.... xeekx

this is actually sad, it reminds me of Villanova's 2005 season, you guys just can't catch a break..

93henfan
October 18th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Rock bottom for the Hens.

Chickenman, you're correct. 2-10 is well within the realm of possibility.

I don't think I've ever seen Delaware stadium at 25% full in a fourth quarter.

This team is a disgrace.

Tribe4SF
October 18th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Schoenhoft just does not look capable of running the Hens spread. His delivery was worse in person than seeing him on TV and video. He ran the ball decently for awhile, but even that deteriorated in the second half.

madisonfan87
October 18th, 2008, 06:05 PM
What does Keeler see in Schoenhoft my god that guy was terrible today and the crowd was probably the most excited all game (those who were still there) when the backup went in the game.

89Hen
October 19th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Congrats Tribe, it was painful to watch. I'm kinda with ChickenMan... I don't want to take anything away from your win, but I have no friggin idea how the Hens won two games. That is the most inept offense I've ever seen the Hens field. I think they manage to win one more maybe. Schoenhoft actually left the game because of a concussion, so we see some more of Hakes down the stretch. Who knows, the Browns and Rams all of a sudden improved the last two weeks. xsmiley_wix

BTW, I will post some pics when I get around to downloading them. xpeacex

Tribe4SF
October 19th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Congrats Tribe, it was painful to watch. I'm kinda with ChickenMan... I don't want to take anything away from your win, but I have no friggin idea how the Hens won two games. That is the most inept offense I've ever seen the Hens field. I think they manage to win one more maybe. Schoenhoft actually left the game because of a concussion, so we see some more of Hakes down the stretch. Who knows, the Browns and Rams all of a sudden improved the last two weeks. xsmiley_wix

BTW, I will post some pics when I get around to downloading them. xpeacex

I guess you guys see this week if Hakes has some potential. Can't take anything from his appearance yesterday. Looked like you'd expect a scout team player to look. Met his parents at the game...really good folks.

Look forward to the pics.

GannonFan
October 19th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Real tough to get a read on W&M from this game. UD's defense played very well and kept W&M off the board for long periods in the game (heck, it was a 13-3 game halfway through the 4th quarter). I know Phillips is a stud at QB and he had to work hard for every yard he got. Grimes didn't impress and I don't see him as a Westbrook clone - he might be great down the road, but he disappeared for long stretches in this game. But again, that may just be the effect of playing a good defense. And with UD's offense, there's nothing I can gleam about W&M's defense.

With that said, W&M has to feel good about their chances down the road. They did manage to put up a whole lot of yards on a very good defense and they won't face a better defense the rest of the year. Maybe Grimes becomes a much bigger factor in those games as a result. And you have to like having Phillips running the offense - tons of experience along with tons of talent. He only made one mistake against UD's defense (the INT he was coaxed into) and managed the game very well. I wouldn't sleep on W&M and I'm not counting them out at all against JMU or Richmond. Makes you wonder how having Phillips for the nova game would've changed that 10 point game?

tribe_pride
October 19th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Real tough to get a read on W&M from this game. UD's defense played very well and kept W&M off the board for long periods in the game (heck, it was a 13-3 game halfway through the 4th quarter). I know Phillips is a stud at QB and he had to work hard for every yard he got. Grimes didn't impress and I don't see him as a Westbrook clone - he might be great down the road, but he disappeared for long stretches in this game. But again, that may just be the effect of playing a good defense. And with UD's offense, there's nothing I can gleam about W&M's defense.

With that said, W&M has to feel good about their chances down the road. They did manage to put up a whole lot of yards on a very good defense and they won't face a better defense the rest of the year. Maybe Grimes becomes a much bigger factor in those games as a result. And you have to like having Phillips running the offense - tons of experience along with tons of talent. He only made one mistake against UD's defense (the INT he was coaxed into) and managed the game very well. I wouldn't sleep on W&M and I'm not counting them out at all against JMU or Richmond. Makes you wonder how having Phillips for the nova game would've changed that 10 point game?

Grimes is only a true freshman so any comparison to Westbrook is very premature. Gotta love the fact that he has had over 100 yds Rushing + receiving in 4 of 6 games (missed it in NC St. game and just short in the Norfolk State one) plus returns kicks. I would be happy if he turns out to be half as good as Westbrook.

Phillips needs to cut down on the Ints (9 in 5 games) and the Delaware game was a good start.

Hopefully the offense continues to gel over the next 3 weeks in should win games and hopefully the defense will continue to improve. After that it will be a big rivalry game versus JMU and then the longest rivalry in the South against Richmond. Probably will need to win 1 of those to make the playoffs. But 1 game at a time. If we wind up 7-4, that is better than I am sure anyone thought at the beginning of the season but now that we've gotten a taste of winning, hopefully playoffs are in order for this year.

Tribe4SF
October 20th, 2008, 12:08 AM

Always appreciate your minimalist approach. You're right about one thing...UD's defense is very good, and Phillips and company had to work hard against them. I was most encouraged by the three scoring drives in the first half. The last covered 86 yards in less than 2 minutes prior to the offensive interference call in the end zone.

By the way, Phillips wasn't coaxed into the interception, he just waited too long to pull the trigger after locking onto Mack. My sightline was right through Mack's back to Phillips, and everyone around me will vouch that I was screaming "J***S C****T THROW IT!". Walters had all day to close on that one.

GannonFan
October 20th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Always appreciate your minimalist approach. You're right about one thing...UD's defense is very good, and Phillips and company had to work hard against them. I was most encouraged by the three scoring drives in the first half. The last covered 86 yards in less than 2 minutes prior to the offensive interference call in the end zone.

By the way, Phillips wasn't coaxed into the interception, he just waited too long to pull the trigger after locking onto Mack. My sightline was right through Mack's back to Phillips, and everyone around me will vouch that I was screaming "J***S C****T THROW IT!". Walters had all day to close on that one.

Eh, I think Walters was just baiting him. W&M had run that play a few times and always went to the guy on the short route. They jumped that route forcing Phillips to go to the deep man, and Walters was there to make the play. He's done it before and from my vantage point, he did it again. Walters is a special player. But to each his own. xpeacex