PDA

View Full Version : GSU vs. App State Sold Out!

GaSouthern
October 17th, 2008, 10:48 AM
They are only selling grass, general admission tickets now. Looks to be a great atmosphere tomorrow in Paulson!

AshevilleApp2
October 17th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Kind of glad to hear it. I've been torn all week about driving down and spending money I shouldn't. Now I'll just watch on TV. Go App!!

appmaj
October 17th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Good deal...

Should be a good game as well.

Saint3333
October 17th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Every game ASU has played home or away has been a sellout this year. I expect that will end @ UTC in November though.

biggie
October 17th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Every game ASU has played home or away has been a sellout this year. I expect that will end @ UTC in November though.

Currently a lot of tickets(SRO of course) left for Wofford (probably due to being a Friday), but we'll see.

How many do they expect tomorrow?

blueballs
October 17th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Hard to say what the final attendance will be as that will be determined in large part by walk up sales but I would look for over 22k tomorrow and perhaps as high as 24k.

The weather forecast for the 'Boro tomorrow afternoon calls for partly cloudly and 72 with a NW wind at around 10 at kickoff falling into the mid 60's with a slight breeze by early evening.

Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurfect!!!!!!!

GaSouthern
October 17th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Man, if we hit 24K in the stands that would be 1/2 the makings of a great day!

mountain_man
October 17th, 2008, 11:38 AM
bench and I will be there!xthumbsupx

ASUG8
October 17th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Hard to say what the final attendance will be as that will be determined in large part by walk up sales but I would look for over 22k tomorrow and perhaps as high as 24k.

The weather forecast for the 'Boro tomorrow afternoon calls for partly cloudly and 72 with a NW wind at around 10 at kickoff falling into the mid 60's with a slight breeze by early evening.

Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurfect!!!!!!!

Thanks - you answered my question before I could post it. I'll be on the sofa, beverage in hand pulling for the 'neers. Should be another great one.

appfan2008
October 17th, 2008, 11:54 AM

that is not actually true... the LSU game was not officially a sellout... they were about a thousand people under a sell out and of course it had to do with the hurricane but the facts are the facts...

ASUG8
October 17th, 2008, 11:55 AM
that is not actually true... the LSU game was not officially a sellout... they were about a thousand people under a sell out and of course it had to do with the hurricane but the facts are the facts...

When you've got ~90K in the stands, 1,000 is rounding error.xrolleyesx

appfan2008
October 17th, 2008, 11:56 AM
When you've got ~90K in the stands, 1,000 is rounding error.xrolleyesx

no its how many seats were sold... i remember dj saying at the time that it was not a sellout... xnodx

neersnbeers
October 17th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Regardless that's a lot of bodies in the stands.

T-Dog
October 17th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Me and my 8-foot flag pole with the Block A black flag will be there on the top row in Section J xthumbsupx

Appaholic
October 17th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Me and my 8-foot flag pole with the Block A black flag will be there on the top row in Section J xthumbsupx

So THAT'S you!.....saw you walking around the grass hill at El Cid game I believe.....if that was you and had I known, I could have waved you ever so you could make fun of Citdog.....xsmiley_wix

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 17th, 2008, 02:04 PM
If you App. fans have any cardiac meds, be sure to bring them. And don't leave at half-time unless you are up by a lot. xcoolx

appfan2008
October 17th, 2008, 02:06 PM
If you App. fans have any cardiac meds, be sure to bring them. And don't leave at half-time unless you are up by a lot. xcoolx

that is a problem with app "fans"

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 17th, 2008, 02:10 PM

Add JMU "fans" to that list as well xsmhx

T-Dog
October 17th, 2008, 02:10 PM
So THAT'S you!.....saw you walking around the grass hill at El Cid game I believe.....if that was you and had I known, I could have waved you ever so you could make fun of Citdog.....xsmiley_wix

Yeah that was me. :D I was in the parade that morning and I saw someone on a El Cit hat on Water St and thought "no, it couldn't be". xeyebrowx

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 17th, 2008, 02:28 PM

What I meant was that GSU has been a second half team for this year.

Our opponents have scored 29.5% of their points in the second half and if you don't count the game with UTC we have scored 70.5% of our points in the second half.

bobbythekidd
October 17th, 2008, 03:06 PM
I'll be about 3/4 the way to the top in section K, near the steps. Ya'll stop by and say hi!

Woof
October 17th, 2008, 04:20 PM
They are only selling grass, . Looks to be a great atmosphere tomorrow in Paulson!

Is that done to keep the rednecks mellow ?.....I guess that is probably not even considered a minor offense compared to some of the other violations committed down there ?
xwhistlex xlolx xlolx

introvertedGSUfan
October 17th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Will be in the Student Section as always. I fully expect to see some fights break out if you guys are bringing **** like flags. Also, be forewarned that security doesn't like flags being waved constantly for some reason this year. If the game is already sold out, I probably should get there extra early then.

ERASU2113
October 17th, 2008, 05:01 PM
General Admission - we're gonna get in early I think and sit in the ASU section. I got my ticket Wed and other guy bought his today when we got down to the boro.

GSU fans were awesome when ya'll came to Boone last year...went back and forth but after it was over - we all met up at the bar hahaha

ASU/GSU is the best rivalry in the SoCon - and I fully expect to enjoy every minute.

mrklean
October 17th, 2008, 07:17 PM
GO EAGLES!!!!

GATA

GATA
October 17th, 2008, 08:03 PM
I can't wait for this one. Hopefully it will be just as exciting as last year's game and the game before that in 06

james_lawfirm
October 17th, 2008, 08:06 PM
GO EAGLES!!!!

GATA

MrKlean:

OK, SOMEBODY please tell me what GATA means. I have seen it more than once from different AGS posters, all GaSo fans.

If everyone else already knows, then a thousand apologies.

Curiosity getting the best of me. Thx.

bobbythekidd
October 17th, 2008, 08:13 PM
MrKlean:

OK, SOMEBODY please tell me what GATA means. I have seen it more than once from different AGS posters, all GaSo fans.

If everyone else already knows, then a thousand apologies.

Curiosity getting the best of me. Thx.
The late, great Coach Erk Russel used to say it. It stands for Get After Their A$$es!

He had many colorful sayings and expressions, but this one stuck well.

bobbythekidd
October 17th, 2008, 08:14 PM
You won't know if you don't ask. No biggie.

bench
October 17th, 2008, 10:02 PM
If anyone needs tickets, shoot me a PM. We've had three back out on us at the last minute. I think we're in section J, row 20, seats 9-14.

introvertedGSUfan
October 17th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Didn't realize this, but the GSU-APP series is completely tied at 11-11-1.

seantaylor
October 17th, 2008, 10:51 PM
GATA Eagles.

The Cats
October 18th, 2008, 06:26 AM
xcoffeex

ASUMountaineer
October 18th, 2008, 06:31 AM
xcoffeex

xlolx

xbawlingx

elon77
October 18th, 2008, 08:31 AM
They are only selling grass, general admission tickets now. Looks to be a great atmosphere tomorrow in Paulson!

I always thought Boone was the home of selling grass.xlolx

blueballs
October 18th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Mrs. Blueballs and I drove up last night and had a nice dinner at Mudcat Charlie's in Darien before coming up to the coast house. The moon was beautiful coming up over the marsh and I sat outside on the dock with a glass of Glenkitchie and a MonteCristo #2 and watched the dolphins from about 10:30 to 1am. Boys, it just doesn't get any better than that...

As I type this it is raining pretty good out, and has rained off and on since about 5am. According to some of the guys in Statesboro (I am about 70 miles southeast) it is misty and 63. Hopefully this will clear out by gametime as the forecast calls for partly cloudy and 72 with a 20% chance of rain but it looks like it is going to be a wet tailgate.

You App boys need to drop by our tailgate and introduce yourselves. We are on the next to the last row of the stadium booster lot, the second big tent in on the visitors side, back by the soccer stadium. Look for the red flag. Several of the guys who post here will be there... GSUGT1, EagleGus2, Baldy, me, among many others.