PDA

View Full Version : Socon Power Rankings

WOCO
October 16th, 2008, 11:35 AM
http://www.goupstate.com/article/20081015/NEWS/810150285/1090/sports02?Title=Week_7_SoCon_Power_Rankings

Who is the real #1????????????????????????????

blueballs
October 16th, 2008, 11:43 AM
I'll let y'all know after this weekend... because at that point I'll have seen App, Elon, and Woffie, against GSU in person.

So far, having seen both Elon and Wofford play against GSU, I would give the slight edge to Elon only because of their (newfound) balanced attack and Hudgins, who is a difference maker.

woffordgrad94
October 16th, 2008, 01:24 PM
As A Wofford fan, I, to, have to give an edge to Elon. We had absolutely no answers for their relentless passing attack last year at home, though we certainly didn't help ourselves in the game as we committed several turnovers. But with their newfound ground game to mix in with their great passing, and the fact that we have to play them at their place, they are going to be one tough team to beat! Though ASU is one terrific team, I'm starting to wonder if perhaps Elon isn't just as good. Plus, we seem to have more matchup problems against Elon (due to our suspect pass defense/secondary) than ASU.

ElonPride
October 16th, 2008, 02:17 PM
As A Wofford fan, I, to, have to give an edge to Elon. We had absolutely no answers for their relentless passing attack last year at home, though we certainly didn't help ourselves in the game as we committed several turnovers. But with their newfound ground game to mix in with their great passing, and the fact that we have to play them at their place, they are going to be one tough team to beat! Though ASU is one terrific team, I'm starting to wonder if perhaps Elon isn't just as good. Plus, we seem to have more matchup problems against Elon (due to our suspect pass defense/secondary) than ASU.

Remember though, Elon is more than just a passing team this year....in our last 5 games, we're averaged nearly 200 yards on the ground!

woffordgrad94
October 16th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Yes, I am aware of your newfound ground game. I mentioned it in my previous post. That's why I give your team so much love.

ASUG8
October 16th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Apps' running a bit more balanced attack this year also with Armanti making some smart decisions instead of just running the ball. Each week he seems to improve his passing efficiency.
I'm with BlueBalls - this weekend will show everybody a lot of things.

ElonFirefighter
October 16th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I would have to go with Davidson.....Oh wait were talking football, Id say Elon, as long as we stay balenced

woffordgrad94
October 16th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Go with Davidson? Davidson's already long gone.

matfu
October 16th, 2008, 07:23 PM
I thought Elon looked good against Furman and surprised me...but they don't have the recent tradition of Wofford and App State so I will go with the traditional winners. I doubt Elon will prove me wrong but we will see. I was 90% sure Furman would beat them this year and I was wrong there.