PDA

View Full Version : Ayers hopes Allison keeps his job at UTC

terrierbob
October 16th, 2008, 10:50 AM
For what it's worth:

http://goupstate.us/index.php/2008/10/15/ayers-hopes-utc-lets-allison-keep-job?blog=16

PaladinFan
October 16th, 2008, 11:20 AM
I'm sure the rest of the SoCon does too. Nothing like penciling in a win every year.

mcveyrl
October 16th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Poli Lounge --------------------->

Oh wait.

cmaxwellgsu
October 16th, 2008, 01:13 PM
It was kind of a shame to see a program in the condition UTC was in. They had more cheerleaders than fans in their student section. Most of those were gone before halftime. The team itself is in shambles. When you have players cramping three quarters in with a game temp of 75, something's wrong. Running doesn't require any facility upgrade. It amazes me at the apathy there. I figured I would have seen a "When does basketball season start?" sign.

appfan2008
October 16th, 2008, 01:16 PM
bummer to see a team suck so bad... but as already pointed out it is nice of utc to give every socon member one win a year!

woffordgrad94
October 16th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Sorry, Mike, but Allison is as good as gone. That team seems to have lost their will to compete. In short, they are hopeless right now and in desparate need of a fresh start.

elon77
October 16th, 2008, 01:30 PM
How long has it been since they didn't suck?

woffordgrad94
October 16th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Depends on what you definition of "sucking" is, I guess. But they haven't really challenged for a crown and have usually been in the botton tier of the league since I started really paying attention to the SoCon in the late 1990s when Wofford joined. I couldn't really tell you exactly how they did before that, but I do no that no one mentioned them in the same breath as Furman and Georgia Southern in those days.

gophoenix
October 16th, 2008, 02:14 PM
12 winning seasons since being D-I in 1978. Haven't had a really stellar team since about 1983. They had winning records for their first 6 seasons in D-I. Their last 7-4 or better season was in 1997, before that 1991. 4 winning seasons since 1990.

Not that I can really talk much considering the state of Elon from 2001 to 2005.

woffordgrad94
October 16th, 2008, 02:38 PM
They did have a great punter with a great name...Pumpy Tudors. He is now a state trooper in Tennessee, and due to the state of his former team, I'll bet he writes a lot of tickets! :D

Saint3333
October 16th, 2008, 02:41 PM
How long has it been since they didn't suck?

Elon fans not named GP and EP have a short memory.

OL FU
October 16th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Someone should ask Mickey Mathews what he thinksxnodx xnodx xlolx

mcveyrl
October 16th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Someone should ask Mickey Mathews what he thinksxnodx xnodx xlolx

I think it's funny so many people CARE what Mickey Matthews thinks.

woffordgrad94
October 16th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I don't care what Mickey Mouse says OR thinks.

mcveyrl
October 16th, 2008, 03:02 PM
I don't care what Mickey Mouse says OR thinks.

Man, we've got a testy terrier on our hands...

Mickey's had at least three threads in the last two days. You might be in the minority...xlolx

elon77
October 16th, 2008, 03:06 PM
12 winning seasons since being D-I in 1978. Haven't had a really stellar team since about 1983. They had winning records for their first 6 seasons in D-I. Their last 7-4 or better season was in 1997, before that 1991. 4 winning seasons since 1990.

Not that I can really talk much considering the state of Elon from 2001 to 2005.

Didn't mean anything by the statement or try to slight Elon's loosing streaks, I was just wondering about their history.

woffordgrad94
October 16th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Man, we've got a testy terrier on our hands...

Mickey's had at least three threads in the last two days. You might be in the minority...xlolx

Well, I'm just being honest. I don't care. He has his opinion and I have mine. And like others have said on here, opinions are like butts. Everybody has one. Some are more attractive than others, though.

OL FU
October 16th, 2008, 03:15 PM
I think it's funny so many people CARE what Mickey Matthews thinks.

I just thought it was funny periodxlolx xsmiley_wix

and we would get a more interesting answerxnodx

mcveyrl
October 16th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I just thought it was funny periodxlolx xsmiley_wix

and we would get a more interesting answerxnodx

I think Mickey wants the SoCon to be a subgroup of the CAA. I head he wanted to start CAA Media Group and eventually buyout the SoCon, MVFC and SLC. At that point, the three merged conferences would stop competing for playoff spots and a true national champion (from the CAA) could be crowned.

OL FU
October 16th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I think Mickey wants the SoCon to be a subgroup of the CAA. I head he wanted to start CAA Media Group and eventually buyout the SoCon, MVFC and SLC. At that point, the three merged conferences would stop competing for playoff spots and a true national champion (from the CAA) could be crowned.

We could start our own NCAA lite. a 50 team conference. We could give 200 schollies each and play a 38 week schedule to determine the champxthumbsupx

The Cats
October 16th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Sounds like what Moore said about Briggs last year after the blowout he presided over Western. These guys kill me - they blow out and over matched opponent, then say how bad they feel for their victim. xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

catamount man
October 16th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Sounds like what Moore said about Briggs last year after the blowout he presided over Western. These guys kill me - they blow out and over matched opponent, then say how bad they feel for their victim. xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Precisely what I was thinking. xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

PaladinFan
October 16th, 2008, 09:23 PM
UTC has not beaten Furman since 1994, I think. You might be hard pressed to find any other FCS school with that kind of history of futility against a single program.

Allison needs to go. UTC probably has some of the best facilities and can draw from the deepest talent pool in the SoCon (maybe with the exception of GSU). They SHOULD be very good in this conference.

RazorEdge19
October 16th, 2008, 09:29 PM

The coaches in the conferences know each other well, and, as I understand it, really enjoy watching each other succeed...especially when they're not playing each other. Heck, Ayers and Moore are best friends...during the off-season. I can't blame them for not wanting to see a colleague or friend get fired.

T-Dog
October 16th, 2008, 09:29 PM

Well you remember what happened two days after that game so it's not all that bad.xthumbsupx Maybe it's a precursor to what happens this weekend. xnodx