PDA

View Full Version : NEC Week 8

seahawkfan2007
October 15th, 2008, 06:53 PM
It's Wednsday already so this needs to be started. There are some interesting matchups this week:

Duquesne (2-3) @ CCSU (4-2):Despite Duquesne's tough loss to RMU last week, they should make this a close game all the way. CCSU was right there with Albany a week ago. I'm going with CCSU at home by a field goal. 24-21 CCSU

Albany (3-3) @ Sacred Heart (6-0): Sacred Heart is probably the only NEC that has a shot at a bid to the playoffs this year. Go figure. I'll be rooting for SHU but my gut says: Albany 31 SHU 17

Wagner (2-4) @ St. Francis (Pa) (0-6): Wagner was up at the half and tied after 3Q's with Monmouth last week despite not having their top 3 RB's, starting QB, a starting OL and their two year captain MLB. I think they have enough left in the tank to win a close one. Wagner 27-21

RMU (2-4) @ Bryant (3-3): RMU may have some new Mo going but better show up ready to play. Bryant is already good enough to be considered middle of the pack in the NEC. The team that has the most tunovers will lose this one and I'm guessing that that won't be RMU. RMU 31-27

Dane96
October 15th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Seriously?

Not that I dont think SHU could pull the upset and beat Albany...but they HAVE ZERO SHOT AT THE PLAYOFFS...even if they run the table. Weak schedule.

Monmouth Fan
October 15th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Duquesne @ CCSU

Albany @ Sacred Heart

Wagner @ St. Francis

RMU @ Bryant

dgreco
October 15th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Duquesne @ CCSU

Albany @ Sacred Heart

Wagner @ St. Francis

RMU @ Bryant

I am going against my Bryant team this week, and I agree with Monmouth Fan completely this week.

WWII
October 15th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Ditto

seahawkfan2007
October 15th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I retract SHU as "having a shot at the playoffs" and even if they did go 11-0, with their lack of schedule would not be given an at large bid. Hypothetical question; If Albany had gone 2-1 vs. UNH, Delw and U Mass (insted of 0-3), if CCSU had beaten NDSU and Monmouth went 2-1 vs. Maine, Coastal and URI (insted of 0-3) and SHU ran the table, should SHU get in this year?
Actually, two years from now SHU could potentially lose to Assumption, Bently, Iona and Marist, then run the NEC table and still get an autobid. My point is that any 11-0 NEC team in 2008 or 2009 (if there is such a thing) should "have a shot".

Dane96
October 15th, 2008, 11:09 PM
They should not have a shot based on clear requirements. They could never achieve the requirements with their scheduling.

And frankly, if SHU is playing Assumption, Bentley, Iona, and Marist in two years...I, along with most of the fans of the teams in this league, would want SHU out of the league.

Only Marist warrants a game with a 36 ride league at that time.

Original_RMC
October 16th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Duquesne @ CCSU
The Dukes can not stop the run. It will be long trip for the Dukes and an even longer game.
CCSU - 35 | Dukes 21

Albany @ Sacred Heart
Good Morning Scared Heart...this is your wake up call. But seriously I can not knock SHU too much as all they have done is beat all the teams on their schedule. Albany is the class of the NEC in terms of non-conference schedule and performance.
Albany 24 | SHU - 10

Wagner @ St. Francis
My shocker of the week. I think or is it hope that something finally clicks for SFU.
SFU - 21 | Wagner 20

RMU @ Bryant
The Offense that had fans and maybe some players & coaches bitching after the first 3 games must be happy now. "Robert Morris enters its tilt with the Bulldogs leading the NEC in total offense (403.5 yards per game), which also ranks 26th in the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS)."
I think this game will be close in the 1st half but the 2nd half will belong to Myles Russ as he will again have over 200 yards rushing as the Colonials seal the game late in the 3rd quarter.
RMU - 31 | Bryant - 17

downbythebeach
October 16th, 2008, 09:17 AM
If SHU goes undefeated would anyone say that they are atleast a top 25 team?

danefan
October 16th, 2008, 09:19 AM

I'd consider voting for them. That's means they'd have wins over Monmouth, CCSU, and Albany as well as a pretty decent Duquesne and Robert Morris team.

DetroitFlyer
October 16th, 2008, 09:48 AM

Easy answer. Win the NEC and you are most likely a top 25 team in most seasons. Win the NEC and go undefeated, no question! Sacred Heart has a golden opportunity to be the feel good story of the year in FCS. Are they up to the challenge?

danefan
October 16th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Easy answer. Win the NEC and you are most likely a top 25 team in most seasons. Win the NEC and go undefeated, no question! Sacred Heart has a golden opportunity to be the feel good story of the year in FCS. Are they up to the challenge?

It would certainly be the comeback story of the year and would help recruiting tremendously. xthumbsupx

Now all they need to do is schedule like the rest of the NEC for next year.

Dane96
October 16th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Now that...I can agree with. They win out and they are definitely in my Top 25.

Monmouth Fan
October 16th, 2008, 07:50 PM

Not this year. Assumption, Bently, Iona and Marist on that schedule prevent them from doing that. None of those games were blowouts and all four of those games were close at the half. The FCS voters wouldn't give that schedule the time of day. SHU won't receive any votes this year, even if they run the table. And if SHU is scheduling these types of games 2 years from now then the NEC had better vote them out otherwise they'll loose their proposed auto bid.

dgreco
October 16th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Not this year. Assumption, Bently, Iona and Marist on that schedule prevent them from doing that. None of those games were blowouts and all four of those games were close at the half. The FCS voters wouldn't give that schedule the time of day. SHU won't receive any votes this year, even if they run the table. And if SHU is scheduling these types of games 2 years from now then the NEC had better vote them out otherwise they'll loose their proposed auto bid.

they have already been receiving votes from a few different poles.

Seawolf97
October 17th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I would expect at the end of the day Saturday SHU is 6-1. They are no match for Albany even if Albany has an off game.
I like Byrant over RMU in a surprise. The Bulldogs are learning fast!

danefan
October 17th, 2008, 11:58 AM
CSN Way!

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=the-csn-way-the-joe-the-plumber-effect&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Albany at Sacred Heart. No, really? Sacred Heart 6-0? Sophomore quarterback Dale Fink (1,279 yards passing, 16 TDs) is a good young talent, but then again they haven’t seen anything like Albany runningback David McCarty, either. The Great Danes, still the big dogs of the NEC, break the Pioneers’ perfect record.
Big Dogs 34, Pioneer Pups 17

dgreco
October 17th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I would expect at the end of the day Saturday SHU is 6-1. They are no match for Albany even if Albany has an off game.
I like Byrant over RMU in a surprise. The Bulldogs are learning fast!

hopefully :D. They are still 16-2 at home over the last 4 years

dgreco
October 18th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Bryant had a good game, second game this season where they held a team to negative yards rushing (Wagner, RMU) and held them to 140 yards total. Bryant's DLine looked good with 6 sacks and the DB's are still banged up. They have 2 WR's playing DB in this game today. Hopefully some of them are back by next week.

Bryant 20
RMU 7

GD84
October 18th, 2008, 02:41 PM
UA about to beat SH...still time left...26-21 UA

Dane96
October 18th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Bryant...really reminds me of Albany in the way you are coming into this league and into FCS with visions of WINNING. The support is there, the coaching is there, and clearly the players are there.

They will be a force soon enough.

dgreco
October 18th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Final to the UAlbany game?

jpg_91
October 18th, 2008, 04:41 PM
26-21 Albany.

danefan
October 18th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Bryant has really worked out well. A great win in front of almost 6,000.

I hope they can keep it rolling and the UMass game respectable next week.

dgreco
October 18th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Bryant has really worked out well. A great win in front of almost 6,000.

I hope they can keep it rolling and the UMass game respectable next week.

I enjoy the attendance this year and the team. I really think the Marist game was just the long drive on the same day since it was a night game and being tired.

Also, this team could be 5-2 or even 6-1 if they didn't give up the big BAD play at the end of the game. I wish they were 5-2 or 6-1 but 4-3 is ok. 2-2 vs. NEC teams.

I am scared for the UMass game. I hope they keep it within 14-17 points and do not lose by something like 28 or more.

Monmouth Fan
October 18th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I enjoy the attendance this year and the team. I really think the Marist game was just the long drive on the same day since it was a night game and being tired.

Also, this team could be 5-2 or even 6-1 if they didn't give up the big BAD play at the end of the game. I wish they were 5-2 or 6-1 but 4-3 is ok. 2-2 vs. NEC teams.

I am scared for the UMass game. I hope they keep it within 14-17 points and do not lose by something like 28 or more.

5700 in attendance is a great number! Was this game homecoming for Bryant? Have they been averaging like this all season? When Monmouth visited Bryant there was only 2100 in attendance.

Seawolf97
October 18th, 2008, 08:26 PM
xthumbsupx Way to Go Bulldogs! I knew you could do it

dgreco
October 18th, 2008, 08:56 PM
5700 in attendance is a great number! Was this game homecoming for Bryant? Have they been averaging like this all season? When Monmouth visited Bryant there was only 2100 in attendance.

Monmouth was a low number because it was a vacation week for students.

In their other homegames this year they have 5,500, 4,900, and now 5,700.

This was Parents Weekend. Bryant has a problem with counting the official attendance, because there are 100 ways into the stadium without paying. So what happens (especially homecoming) kids drink int he lot and then head over behind the soccer fields and do not get their tickets. I would say they could average about 6,000-6,500 a game if they had 1 gate. They had a problem last year in hosting a playoff game because they do not have the 1 way in and when they hosted in 2006 the NCAA was upset about how many people didn't pay. So hopefully they resolve that, I am sure they will eventually do it as they continue to update facilities.