PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Predictions as of Sun. Nov. 6th

Lehigh Lover
November 6th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Here are my second official playoff prognostications, much revised from last week. Feel free to comment or criticize.

Predictions:

Conference Champs:

A10: UNH
Big Sky: Montana St.
Gateway: SIU
MEAC: Hampton
OVC: Eastern Illinois
Patriot: Lehigh
SOCON: App. St.
Southland: Nicholls St.

Seeds:

#1: UNH
#2: Hampton
#3: SIU
#4: App. St.

At-larges:

UMass
Youngstown St.
Furman
Coastal Carolina
Montana
Georgia Southern
Cal Poly
Texas St.

Playoff Bracket:

Georgia Southern @ #1 UNH
UMass @ Lehigh

Youngstown St. @ #2 Hampton
Nicholls St. @ Furman

Eastern Illinois @ #3 SIU
Cal Poly @ Montana

Coastal Carolina @ #4 App St.
Montana St. @ Texas St.

Wellington
November 6th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Montana looks more determined to win the Big Sky to me, but the way our offense was looking at the Lumber Jacks game, was not the Montana offense that played against Cal Poly, and Portland State. It was horrible. :eek: I still have faith in our offense to shape up. :deadhorse

FlyYtown
November 6th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Lehigh Lover.... Well Done. I tend to agree and like your rankings very very much. That is how I would have most of it and the at larges maybe a tad bit different but pretty much how I see it.

Thanks for doing that.

GrizPimpin'
November 6th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Right now, I beleive that Montana St will not win at Eastern Washington next Saturday, knocking them out of league and playoff contention.

Umass74
November 6th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Getting GSU in the first round would be kinda a bummer reward for UNH finishing #1 :eek:

Saint3333
November 6th, 2005, 11:31 AM
I don't think UMass wants GSU in the second round.

At the same time I don't want to see Texas State, people are sleeping on this team.

I'd switch Hampton and Montana in the seeds.

GaSouthern
November 6th, 2005, 12:08 PM
why gsu vs. unh?

straightshooter
November 6th, 2005, 12:13 PM
After talking with them after the GSU-FU game, it sounds like Ralph and Matt Dougherty feel that GSU will get at least one home game, which would not likely be UNH or UMass.

bobcatfan06
November 6th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Here are my second official playoff prognostications, much revised from last week. Feel free to comment or criticize.

Predictions:

Conference Champs:

Seeds:

At-larges:

UMass
Youngstown St.
Furman
Coastal Carolina
Montana
Georgia Southern
Cal Poly
Texas St.

Playoff Bracket:

UMass @ Lehigh

Nicholls St. @ Furman

Cal Poly @ Montana

Montana St. @ Texas St.

Personally I think Nicholls will lose 1 of their final two games, while Texas State should (notice I say should) win out. That would give Texas State the SLC Championship.

I do like your playoff pairings though. Montana St. vs. Texas St. Battle of the Bobcats. :nod:

catbob
November 6th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Do you think that Tx State would host the Bobcat battle?

I know it comes down to bids, and we would be able to put at least 13k in the stands.

umassfan
November 6th, 2005, 01:30 PM

Predictions:

Conference Champs:

Seeds:

At-larges:

UMass
Youngstown St.
Furman
Coastal Carolina
Montana
Georgia Southern
Cal Poly
Texas St.

Playoff Bracket:

UMass @ Lehigh

Nicholls St. @ Furman

Cal Poly @ Montana

Montana St. @ Texas St.
I dont know why you are thinking UMass will travel to Lehigh. After this week we will be ranked either 5 or 6 in the polls... We will be at home in round 1.

griz37
November 6th, 2005, 01:33 PM

I know it comes down to bids, and we would be able to put at least 13k in the stands.

Aren't you guys averaging 13k now? It seems like the 1st round you have to take your average and subtract a few K because of Turkey day.

SuperJon
November 6th, 2005, 01:47 PM
I think Nicholls St and Coastal would be switched just because I don't think they'll have a rematch with Coastal and App in the first round.

SeattleGriz
November 6th, 2005, 01:52 PM
I dont know why you are thinking UMass will travel to Lehigh. After this week we will be ranked either 5 or 6 in the polls... We will be at home in round 1.

Can UMass offer more money for a bid than Lehigh? If you are not a top four seed, it comes down to, "show the NCAA the money".

umassfan
November 6th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Can UMass offer more money for a bid than Lehigh? If you are not a top four seed, it comes down to, "show the NCAA the money".
Oh im sure we can offer more then Lehigh... we will not play another Pat league team on the road in round 1.

yosefcity
November 6th, 2005, 01:58 PM
I dont think they will send coastal back to Boone.

ThreadStopper
November 6th, 2005, 02:09 PM
I would just as soon have Poly play Montana again in a later round game. Why replay a game that was already played? Send the Mustangs to Texas State. Hey, a plane ride is a plane ride. Send them to the east coast!

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 6th, 2005, 02:09 PM
they would make us go to number one all the way to New Hampshire in the first round...don't think the playoff selection crew likes us very much. I don't like it...but of course, but as far as predictions go, you got it pretty closely.

R.A.
November 6th, 2005, 02:25 PM
I think that a 9-2 South Carolina State team, gets an at-large bid. They lost 2 #3 Hampton by 4 points, they lost to #13 Coastal Carolina by 1 point, and this would be the second year they finished with a 9-2 record, so it's clear that they aren't a fluke.

GrizPimpin'
November 6th, 2005, 02:28 PM
I can not see South Carolina St getting in at the expense of any of the schools noted in the first prediction.

umassfan
November 6th, 2005, 02:30 PM
I think that a 9-2 South Carolina State team, gets an at-large bid. They lost 2 #3 Hampton by 4 points, they lost to #13 Coastal Carolina by 1 point, and this would be the second year they finished with a 9-2 record, so it's clear that they aren't a fluke.
The thing is both of those teams are overrated.

darussian12
November 6th, 2005, 02:30 PM

as much as i wish our AD would pony up the money...im highly doubtful they will....i know the school got a large chunk of money for the A&M game and dont know what the avg winning bids are for the first round but with that weekend being thanksgiving and our student fans being flaky about showing up im not feeling a home game....but who knows...the AD seems to be trying to get its act together...maybe a home playoff game will be one such step right before the AD screws up one way or another

R.A.
November 6th, 2005, 02:37 PM
The thing is both of those teams are overrated.

-It just seems difficult to leave out a 9-2 team two years straight. They also beat last year's SWAC Conference Champion, Alabama State in Alabama. I think they're legit.

LUHawker
November 6th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Oh im sure we can offer more then Lehigh... we will not play another Pat league team on the road in round 1.

Your determination is amusing. :) However I think that unless Richmond is in the playoffs, Lehigh (assuming they get in) might be paired up with a non A-10 team, like Hampton, for example or even a Y-town St. I've got no real insight into this other than the comittee might be inclined to mix up the pairings a bit (ie the regional pairing setup is getting old). So for example, I think we could see Coastal at UNH or UMass, a SoCon team at Lehigh, E. Illinois at Hampton, or Texas St. at Appy St. Before all you SoCon fans get incensed, keep in mind that 3 SoCon teams will NOT be hosting first round games. The same thing happened with the A-10 last year, that's why JMU was sent packing.

R.A.
November 6th, 2005, 02:39 PM
-If so, what was your impression of the game, and in particular, SCSU.

GrizPimpin'
November 6th, 2005, 02:40 PM
RA, can you seriously consider SC St before any of the schools in the original post. I do not see any arguement that they should be chosen over any of those schools. SC St has to hope for many of the 3 loss teams becoming 4 loss teams.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 6th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Here's my Stab at it

Auto Bids
Big Sky: Montana
Gateway: Northern Iowa- i think they'll beat SIU @ home
SoCon: App State
Southland: Nicholls State

At-large Bids
1. Furman
2. Southern Illinois
3. Texas State
4. Umass
5. Georgia Southern
6. Cal Poly
7. YSU
8. Coastal Carolina

Seeds
#1 UNH
#2 Montana
#3 App State
#4 Hampton

Coastal Carolina 10-1 @ #1 UNH 10-1
Eastern Illinois 9-2 @ Lehigh 9-2

Georgia Southern 8-3 @ #4 Hampton 11-0
Texas State 9-2 @ Northern Iowa 8-3

Cal Poly 8-3 @ #2 Montana 9-2
Southern Illinois 8-3 @ Furman 9-2

Nicholls State 6-3 @ #3 App State 8-3
Youngstown State 8-3 @ Umass 9-2

eaglesrthe1
November 6th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Before all you SoCon fans get incensed, keep in mind that 3 SoCon teams will NOT be hosting first round games. The same thing happened with the A-10 last year, that's why JMU was sent packing.

Like in 99'? Or how about 01'?

ASU, FU, and GSU all have excellent attendance and facilities. Both high on the list of the committee in these days of the regionalization (non-16-seeding) crap. It all depends on who they are matched up with. $$$ talks.

R.A.
November 6th, 2005, 03:02 PM
RA, can you seriously consider SC St before any of the schools in the original post. I do not see any arguement that they should be chosen over any of those schools. SC St has to hope for many of the 3 loss teams becoming 4 loss teams.

-I don't feel that the committee can turn a blind eye to a 2 loss team. It would be ridiculous for ANY 4 loss team to get an At-Large bid over a team that is 9-2. Even some of the 3 loss teams are questionable.

LUHawker
November 6th, 2005, 03:11 PM

ASU, FU, and GSU all have excellent attendance and facilities. Both high on the list of the committee in these days of the regionalization (non-16-seeding) crap. It all depends on who they are matched up with. $$$ talks.

Seems like ancient history.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 6th, 2005, 03:16 PM

I don't think Regionalization means much anymore, just look at last year

EWU @ SIU
Northwestern State @ Montana
SHSU @ WKU
UNH @ GSU

The other side of the brackey everyone was close to each other. Lehigh, JMU, UD, Lafayette, Hampton and W&M are all withing 5-6 hours of eachother.

Saint3333
November 6th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Teams with 3 or less losses:
A10
1. NH
2. UMass
Towson
Richmond
Towson and Richmond play each other

Big Sky
1. Montana
2. Montana St.

Gateway
1. S. Ill
2. N. Iowa
3. YSU
4. WKU

SC State needs WKU to beat YSU, WKU to lose their 1-A game (a winnable game) and S. Ill to beat N. Iowa.

SoCon
ASU
GSU
Furman
WCU (hopefully will have 4 losses after next week)

Southland
Texas State
Nicholls State
McNeese
NSU and McNeese play each other

SC State has two quality losses, not sure if those count, and zero quality wins. A lot of these teams need 4 losses for SCS to have a chance and it wouldn't shock me to see a 4 loss team get in over SC State.

Stang Fever
November 6th, 2005, 03:37 PM
I would just as soon have Poly play Montana again in a later round game. Why replay a game that was already played? Send the Mustangs to Texas State. Hey, a plane ride is a plane ride. Send them to the east coast!

You sound scared to play us again....dont want to get an early exit do you...Even though that was one heck of a game...if it wasnt for your Db making that great play on the ball...i think the mustangs win...but hey lets do it on the field one more time...and win when it matters

elkmcc
November 6th, 2005, 04:10 PM
You sound scared to play us again....dont want to get an early exit do you...Even though that was one heck of a game...if it wasnt for your Db making that great play on the ball...i think the mustangs win...but hey lets do it on the field one more time...and win when it matters

Afraid no. I would personally like to see someone come in that we don't see all the time, a GSU, ASU, WKU, a Furman maybe. The Griz have played CP most years over the last 10 or so years. CP is a good team this year and their ability to win without their starting qb is proof. Montana is also pretty darn tough to beat at Wa/Griz come playoff time. Play your game then come back for the semi-finals. Now I am getting ahead of myself. Good luck.

ngineer
November 6th, 2005, 04:29 PM
I don't think UMass wants GSU in the second round.At the same time I don't want to see Texas State, people are sleeping on this team.

I'd switch Hampton and Montana in the seeds.

They don't, and they won't. :D

GrizPimpin'
November 6th, 2005, 05:04 PM
RA look at this

Conference Champs:

Seeds:

At-larges:

UMass
Youngstown St.
Furman
Coastal Carolina
Montana
Georgia Southern
Cal Poly
Texas St.

Playoff Bracket:

UMass @ Lehigh

Nicholls St. @ Furman

Cal Poly @ Montana

Montana St. @ Texas St.

By looking at the predictions made earlier in this thread, I can not see anyway that SC St can argue they are a better team than anyone on this list.

ngineer
November 6th, 2005, 05:53 PM
RA look at this

Conference Champs:

Seeds:

At-larges:

UMass
Youngstown St.
Furman
Coastal Carolina
Montana
Georgia Southern
Cal Poly
Texas St.

Playoff Bracket:

UMass @ Lehigh
Nicholls St. @ Furman

Cal Poly @ Montana

Montana St. @ Texas St.

By looking at the predictions made earlier in this thread, I can not see anyway that SC St can argue they are a better team than anyone on this list.

Da' Infamous Eagles at Goodman on December 3? Wow--that would be something. I'd even love it if we had to go to Statesboro on the 3rd (would also get me out of having to got to a black tie affair! :D )

siugrad99
November 6th, 2005, 06:41 PM
SCSU would have minimum 4 losses in any other conference so deal with it. You think they could go 9-2 in the gateway , A10, Patriot or Big Sky.. please. Did you play a D1 ? Nope so figure you got off easy there again so unless there are only 15 3 loss teams then enjoy the seat from home for the holidays. Fact a 7-4 ILSU team would roll a 9-2 SCSU team. Your league is not a 2 bid league bottomline

AZGrizFan
November 6th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Right now, I beleive that Montana St will not win at Eastern Washington next Saturday, knocking them out of league and playoff contention.

Welcome to the board, and I concur. MSU loses next weekend.

IaaScribe
November 6th, 2005, 08:43 PM

EWU @ SIU
SHSU @ WKU
UNH @ GSU

The other side of the brackey everyone was close to each other. Lehigh, JMU, UD, Lafayette, Hampton and W&M are all withing 5-6 hours of eachother.

Actually, it holds to form a bit because as I understand it, they always try to pair the Big Sky up with the Southland first and the Gateway second. Southland didn't have three teams in, so EWU went to SIU.

Same thing happened when Montana State opened at Northern Iowa the year NAU played McNeese and Montana played NW St. in round 1.

eaglesrthe1
November 6th, 2005, 09:39 PM

EWU @ SIU
SHSU @ WKU
UNH @ GSU

I'm not saying that everyone will be playing their next door neighbor. Just saying that there is no seeding..i.e. #1 vs #16, #2 vs #15, etc. That's why you had the last one you listed, #5 UNH @ #4 GSU.

Home field is determined by cetain criteria, mainly $$$. Dosn't matter which conference or how many from said conference is hosting. So unless one of the SoCon teams that I listed, all of which has good attendance and facilities, is matched up with another team with better...then they will host.

If for instance, UD or McNeese was in the picture, they might would get the nod over one of the SoCon teams. UNI might, or Montana certainly would get the nod over any of them. But not many would. It just depends on who they were matched up with.

GeauxLions94
November 6th, 2005, 10:44 PM

Predictions:

Conference Champs:

Seeds:

At-larges:

UMass
Youngstown St.
Furman
Coastal Carolina
Montana
Georgia Southern
Cal Poly
Texas St.

Playoff Bracket:

UMass @ Lehigh

Nicholls St. @ Furman

Cal Poly @ Montana

Montana St. @ Texas St.

Great :rolleyes: Send the Southland champs on the road for the second straight year while the No. 2 in the conference gets to host. Not that Thibodaux would be ready to host a game with the shortage of hotels and travel options thanks to the Hurricanes. :bang:

umassfan
November 6th, 2005, 11:06 PM
They don't, and they won't. :D

You lost at Delaware by 1 pt we won at Delaware by 28 :D

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 6th, 2005, 11:10 PM
You lost at Delaware by 1 pt we won at Delaware by 28 :D

I will say this, maybe some UD fans can chime in, i think when Lehigh played UD it was UD's best team all year, atleast it's healthiest. After that game the injuries kept mounting and it has snowballed out of control. Umass might have won on Sept 10th as well, but i don't think they win by 28. I think if Lehigh played UD again in their current context Lehigh wins, maybe not by 28, but they'd come out on top.

inpsite1919
November 7th, 2005, 01:07 AM
SCSU would have minimum 4 losses in any other conference so deal with it. You think they could go 9-2 in the gateway , A10, Patriot or Big Sky.. please. Did you play a D1 ? Nope so figure you got off easy there again so unless there are only 15 3 loss teams then enjoy the seat from home for the holidays. Fact a 7-4 ILSU team would roll a 9-2 SCSU team. Your league is not a 2 bid league bottomline

SCSU HAS THE 5TH TOUGHEST SCHEDULE AND SHOULD AND WILL GET IN THE PLAYOFFS. THE TWO TEAMS WE LOST TWO ARE BVOTH RANKED IN THE TOP TEN IN ALMOST EVERY POLL WE ARE SURE TO MOVE UP IN EVERY POLL THIS WEEK. SO HATE OR LOVE US. THE ONLY WAY TO FIND IT OUT WILL BE IN THE PKLAYOFFS. THE MEAC WILL GET TWO TEAMS IN THIS YEAR AND BOTH TEAMS WILL WIN FIRST ROUND GAMES!!!!!!!!!

grizindabox
November 7th, 2005, 10:57 AM
SCSU HAS THE 5TH TOUGHEST SCHEDULE AND SHOULD AND WILL GET IN THE PLAYOFFS. THE TWO TEAMS WE LOST TWO ARE BVOTH RANKED IN THE TOP TEN IN ALMOST EVERY POLL WE ARE SURE TO MOVE UP IN EVERY POLL THIS WEEK. SO HATE OR LOVE US. THE ONLY WAY TO FIND IT OUT WILL BE IN THE PKLAYOFFS. THE MEAC WILL GET TWO TEAMS IN THIS YEAR AND BOTH TEAMS WILL WIN FIRST ROUND GAMES!!!!!!!!!

South Carolina St in no way has the 5th most difficult schedule in 1-AA. Looking at the current Sagarin ratings, South Carolina St comes in at 31 for 1-AA schools, with a better strength of schedule of only 1 school ahead of them, Coastal Carolina. I also found more than 20 1-AA schools rated below South Carolina St in the Sagarin that have a more difficult strength of schedule. That would place the strength of schedule for SC ST well into at least the fifties. Since there are 8 at-large playoff spots, I can not see how a team rated as the 31st best, with a schedule strength in at least the 50's gets into the post season.

Black and Gold Express
November 7th, 2005, 11:19 AM

1. Stop with the "shouting". It makes your opinions look weaker.

2. Where exactly do you see SCSU having the 5th toughest schedule? I want facts here.

Here's a fact for you. Sagarin (unbiased rankings) has SC State's schedule stregth at... you ready for this... 181. That's 181st in all of Division I football (A and AA). Unless you have some kind of creative math we don't know about, there are not 176 teams in Division I-A. That would mean that, no, SC State's schedule is NOT the 5th toughest in I-AA.

You can get to 9-2, and lost to the only two teams worth a damn that you played. You have zero quality wins, and the teams you lost to are both looked on critically as having played weak schedules themselves.

If any SC State fan is holding real expectations of getting in at 9-2 without getting some MAJOR, and I mean MAJOR, help from other teams losing like crazy, you may as well start now preparing to deal with anger or bitterness at being left out. And don't say we didn't tell you so beforehand.

inpsite1919
November 7th, 2005, 11:41 AM
1. Stop with the "shouting". It makes your opinions look weaker.

2. Where exactly do you see SCSU having the 5th toughest schedule? I want facts here.

Here's a fact for you. Sagarin (unbiased rankings) has SC State's schedule stregth at... you ready for this... 181. That's 181st in all of Division I football (A and AA). Unless you have some kind of creative math we don't know about, there are not 176 teams in Division I-A. That would mean that, no, SC State's schedule is NOT the 5th toughest in I-AA.

You can get to 9-2, and lost to the only two teams worth a damn that you played. You have zero quality wins, and the teams you lost to are both looked on critically as having played weak schedules themselves.

If any SC State fan is holding real expectations of getting in at 9-2 without getting some MAJOR, and I mean MAJOR, help from other teams losing like crazy, you may as well start now preparing to deal with anger or bitterness at being left out. And don't say we didn't tell you so beforehand.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/mainpage.jsp

SpiritCymbal
November 7th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Thank you for providing your "facts". You at least had some ammunition behind your comments......

Now to blast those rankings...they don't take into account your strength of schedule, mearly wins and losses of your opposition. Not a good indicator of strength of schedule.

TypicalTribe
November 7th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Brackets if the season had ended on Saturday:

Lehigh at #1 UNH
UMass at GSU

Nicholls St. at #2 Montana
Cal Poly at Texas St.

EIU at #3 SIU
UNI at Montana St.

Richmond at #4 Appy St.
Furman at Hampton

eaglesrthe1
November 7th, 2005, 12:37 PM
I alwys have to laugh when someone provides that link as the arbiter of SOS.

:lmao:

ISUMatt
November 7th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Seriously how important is GPI looked at??? Illinois State will probably finish 7-4 with 7 D-I wins and has a shot at top 15 GPI....In years past our chance would be less than 1%... you all think those odds are the same again this yr?

Stang Fever
November 7th, 2005, 01:10 PM
I see a Texas St. Poly Game more then i see Poly playing Montana again....

bluehenbillk
November 7th, 2005, 01:30 PM
After seeing Lehigh & most of the A-10, I think Lehigh gets its doors blown off against either UNH or UMass. Of course UMass still has to win one more game to make it.

TypicalTribe
November 7th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Seriously how important is GPI looked at??? Illinois State will probably finish 7-4 with 7 D-I wins and has a shot at top 15 GPI....In years past our chance would be less than 1%... you all think those odds are the same again this yr?

Illinois State will probably #14 in the GPI this week, but the problem is that right now three of the automatic bids are ranked lower than them. Since 11 of the 13 teams ranked above them are playoff-eligible, that's 14 bids right there. Plus, the winner of the WKU/YSU game will jump ahead of them as well. Also, Richmond is ranked right behind them and CCU is only a few spots back. It all adds up to not much of a chance.

Black and Gold Express
November 7th, 2005, 02:16 PM

And strength of schedule is where in this...?

Oh yeah, nowhere.

Sorry Charlie.

R.A.
November 7th, 2005, 02:20 PM

Wow! Anyone want 2 revisit their playoff predictions? Whether it's Cum. or not, The Stats are Facts. It's Science.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2005, 03:39 PM
After seeing Lehigh & most of the A-10, I think Lehigh gets its doors blown off against either UNH or UMass. Of course UMass still has to win one more game to make it.

UNH would not be a good matchup for Lehigh i agree. But i think Lehigh match's up pretty well with Umass. Lehigh doesn't get blown out against
A-10 teams except for UD in 2000. With how much parity there's been in 1-AA this year i think Lehigh has a chance to do some damage in the playoffs as long as they make it there. Don't you think UD played there best football of the year against Lehigh in the 4th quarter? Lehigh controlled the game all but the final 8 minutes of the 4th.

Lehigh Lover
November 7th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Hey Grizpimpin', I am very happy that you agree with my predictions, but make sure to credit the source that you took them from. Happy posting!!! :D

Black and Gold Express
November 7th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Wow! Anyone want 2 revisit their playoff predictions? Whether it's Cum. or not, The Stats are Facts. It's Science.

Uh, the stats have no basis in terms of a team's strength of schedule. Wish it all you want, the fact still remains SC State has played cupcakes in all but two of it;s games, and it lost those two to teams that are considered by many (including the REAL SOS predictors) to be cupcakes as well.

Sell silliness somewhere else, or at least stop trying to use half the story to make an argument.

R.A.
November 7th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Sell silliness somewhere else, or at least stop trying to use half the story to make an argument.

-That was cute :) But the point still stands that SCSU is still a legit playoff contender. And apparently their #17 ranking would suggest that I'm not the only one who thinks it. Or is that ranking 'silly' too?

Freightliner
November 7th, 2005, 04:44 PM
I see a Texas St. Poly Game more then i see Poly playing Montana again....

Now that would be kind of interesting since they played last year...and were supposed to play this year until TX State wanted to play Delta State instead.

blur2005
November 7th, 2005, 07:34 PM
-That was cute :) But the point still stands that SCSU is still a legit playoff contender. And apparently their #17 ranking would suggest that I'm not the only one who thinks it. Or is that ranking 'silly' too?
It is silly. Nothing on Coastal, but they're ranked 9th...which even I think Chants fans would agree is a bit too high. The TSN poll is ridiculous sometimes. If you want the better opinion of things, look at the AGS poll. SC State was 23rd last week, and probably won't rise much at all. SC State is also way outside of the top 16 in the GPI. Give it a rest. You didn't beat Coastal or Hampton, the two teams that were key to SC State's playoff hopes. If they beat one of those, I think they're in for sure. Instead, barring a lot of 4-loss teams, SC State won't be going to the playoffs.

rokamortis
November 7th, 2005, 07:40 PM
I do participate in the AGS poll - but I feel it has just as many problems as the others - there is no perfect poll. The ESPN and SportsNetwork carry more weight. Who really cares about the opinions of a bunch of fans other than the fans that participate?

R.A.
November 7th, 2005, 09:29 PM
It is silly. Nothing on Coastal, but they're ranked 9th...which even I think Chants fans would agree is a bit too high. The TSN poll is ridiculous sometimes. If you want the better opinion of things, look at the AGS poll. SC State was 23rd last week, and probably won't rise much at all. SC State is also way outside of the top 16 in the GPI. Give it a rest. You didn't beat Coastal or Hampton, the two teams that were key to SC State's playoff hopes. If they beat one of those, I think they're in for sure. Instead, barring a lot of 4-loss teams, SC State won't be going to the playoffs.

-We'll see.

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2005, 09:50 PM
-We'll see.

please provide credentials of your team to show they deserve it over other teams

Chi Panther
November 8th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Here's my Stab at it

Auto Bids
Big Sky: Montana
Gateway: Northern Iowa- i think they'll beat SIU @ home
SoCon: App State
Southland: Nicholls State

At-large Bids
1. Furman
2. Southern Illinois
3. Texas State
4. Umass
5. Georgia Southern
6. Cal Poly
7. YSU
8. Coastal Carolina

Seeds
#1 UNH
#2 Montana
#3 App State
#4 Hampton

Coastal Carolina 10-1 @ #1 UNH 10-1
Eastern Illinois 9-2 @ Lehigh 9-2

Georgia Southern 8-3 @ #4 Hampton 11-0
Texas State 9-2 @ Northern Iowa 8-3

Cal Poly 8-3 @ #2 Montana 9-2
Southern Illinois 8-3 @ Furman 9-2

Nicholls State 6-3 @ #3 App State 8-3
Youngstown State 8-3 @ Umass 9-2

IF UNI can beat SIU this weekend.....they will get to host a playoff game as the GFC Auto-bid and home attendence....

UNI has also played EIU in the 1st round of the playoffs twice since 1996.....that would seem to be a likely match-up.......

R.A.
November 8th, 2005, 12:37 AM
please provide credentials of your team to show they deserve it over other teams

...I'm done typing on the subject. We'll see in a few weeks.