PDA

View Full Version : Another YSU QB quits team

GoGuins
October 15th, 2008, 05:48 PM
This is almost comical. Heacock is losing control!

Looks like my prediction of 3 wins will stand

http://www.vindy.com/news/2008/oct/15/corsaro-quits-another-one-bites-the-dust/

The Cats
October 15th, 2008, 05:52 PM
well, when you recruit quality, team players.... this is the result !!!! xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

Grizzaholic
October 15th, 2008, 05:58 PM
This is going to be a really long season for YSU and the end is nowhere in sight.

JayJ79
October 15th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Corsaro played only the opening series and did not return to the game. He elected to return to his hometown of Indianapolis with his parents

Does that mean he didn't even travel back to Ohio with the team, but instead went directly from Missouri to Indy with his parents? That would be crazy.

Grizzaholic
October 15th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Can YSU run the option or some variation of that? If they have a stable and can use some misdirection with the WR they might be able to get away with only passing a few times a gaame.

GoGuins
October 15th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Does that mean he didn't even travel back to Ohio with the team, but instead went directly from Missouri to Indy with his parents? That would be crazy.

Yep

Chi Panther
October 15th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Well....which UNI coach will YSU being going after at the end of the year.....

stuperman17
October 15th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Corsaro sucked anyway. Many fans don't know that. Had absolutely no arm strength.

GATA
October 15th, 2008, 07:28 PM
What the hell is going on at YSU this year...you guys are having a Brian VanGorder (GSU 2006) type year.

Syntax Error
October 15th, 2008, 07:39 PM
not a good sign

IaaScribe
October 15th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Jeebus.

Gotta hope Summers comes back. That kid was legit. He wasn't throwing downfield much against Liberty, but he was accurate with the short throws and picked the right times to run. Not sure I've seen a team deal with as many setbacks as YSU has this year.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2008, 08:34 PM
what a crazy season. so 5th string?

stuperman17
October 15th, 2008, 09:16 PM
4th string...he's a walk-on freshman...thing is, corsaro started last game until the other kid (name is campbell) took over and really did well. Completed like 70% or so of his passes, had a td pass and run.

Our defense also has 4 guys out for the year, and a 5th that has been out since week 2. 4 of those 5 players are defensive lineman. All are starters.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2008, 09:21 PM
5th string

1st - quit
2nd - hurt
3rd - quit
4th - WR
5th - new starter

stuperman17
October 15th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Ferlando williams is the WR your talking about, but he just isnt a quarterback. All he throws are ducks. He played QB in an option offense at his military school...He's been used at QB maybe 3 or 4 series all season, he's situational such as ronnie brown is now for the dolphins..

1st- quit
2nd- hurt (questionable this week)
3rd- quit (he was only 3rd because they wanted to redshirt the other kid if possible)
4th- Campbell (true freshman)
5th- Another walk on freshman named Kanetsky...he's holding now because rowan (1st starter) was the holder the past 3 seasons.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2008, 09:29 PM
crazy.

UNI Pike
October 15th, 2008, 10:30 PM
At this rate, with all of the people quitting and being suspended, YSU v IN ST will have Heacock playing Miles in a football version of HORSE.

ysubigred
October 16th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Corsaro sucked anyway. Many fans don't know that. Had absolutely no arm strength.

xnonox

Corsaro has a better arm than anybody left at YSU! xnonono2x

I called for Heacocks head in 2003 and 5 years later YSU is the laughing stock of D1 xoopsx

appfan2008
October 16th, 2008, 07:23 AM
I find it rather funny (not all of these problems) but that ags (we) had them in the top 25 up until about 2 weeks ago... man what a joke

IaaScribe
October 16th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I know the YSU people don't like Heacock, but how much of this can you put on the coach?

Rowan quitting ... OK. That's a coach issue.
Summers hurting his knee, thus changing the dynamic of the entire team? Not his fault.
Trying Ferlando Williams there to improve the athleticism? At least he's trying something.

And all of the problems on defense ... I've got to think YSU is a different team with Savage up front to help plug the run.

Just seems like everything that could have gone wrong up there has gone wrong. That's why it's tough to judge the people that have played YSU. The Penguins that will limp down the stretch are not the same team that beat North Dakota State.

ysubigred
October 16th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I know the YSU people don't like Heacock, but how much of this can you put on the coach?

Rowan quitting ... OK. That's a coach issue.
Summers hurting his knee, thus changing the dynamic of the entire team? Not his fault.
Trying Ferlando Williams there to improve the athleticism? At least he's trying something.

And all of the problems on defense ... I've got to think YSU is a different team with Savage up front to help plug the run.

Just seems like everything that could have gone wrong up there has gone wrong. That's why it's tough to judge the people that have played YSU. The Penguins that will limp down the stretch are not the same team that beat North Dakota State.

xrulesx

(quote) The truth is in the numbers... Since Heacock took over the program in 2001, 27 of YSU's (Heacocks) victories have been against D2 (LHU, SRU, Central State, Clarion, Edinboro), Liberty, Indiana State, Missouri State, and Stony Brook. With a total of 52 wins under his belt that means 52% of Heacocks wins are against very poor competition.

Heacock has had several quality wins (all in 2006) with a NFL caliber RB and a loaded 1 year wonder team, which I believe we can all acknowledge. 1 in 2008 against a NDSU team that didn't get off the plane and keep their best player on the side lines for 3 qtrs.

You have the benefit of playing in Stambaugh Stadium.

It's hard to argue with his winning percentage until you start looking at the quality of the opponents and throw in the advantage of playing your home games in one of the best stadiums in FCS.

To add;

1 playoff appearance in 8 years. xbawlingx

Very poor recruiting. xmadx

Heacocks dog house punishment technique xoopsx

Team hasn't scored a TD against an FBS team xnonono2x

I've got more but this should secure my thoughts.

Never beat UNI xnonono2x

xcoffeex

IaaScribe
October 16th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Good post, bigred.

Again, I only followed the program intently for a week. Just curious, who would you guys want to lead the program? What would have to happen for YSU to get back to where it was?

ysubigred
October 16th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Good post, bigred.

Again, I only followed the program intently for a week. Just curious, who would you guys want to lead the program? What would have to happen for YSU to get back to where it was?

My short list (probably can't afford either of them).

Bob Davies ND coach now ESPN Annalist (YSU Grad)

Jim Donnan Marshall ~ UGA coach now ESPN annalist

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 16th, 2008, 09:32 AM
My short list (probably can't afford either of them).

Bob Davies ND coach now ESPN Annalist (YSU Grad)

Jim Donnan Marshall ~ UGA coach now ESPN annalist

Jim Tressel (when Ohio St. gets tired of him not winning championships) xnodx

ysubigred
October 16th, 2008, 09:44 AM

You mean Teflon Jimmy xlolx

AshevilleApp2
October 16th, 2008, 10:49 AM

As long as he beats Michigan, the championships won't be a problem.

JayJ79
October 16th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Team hasn't scored a TD against an FBS team xnonono2x

In 2001, they scored 24 points against Marshall. Did they really kick 8 FGs, or was there a TD or two in there?

In 2003, they scored 13 against Kent State, so I'm guessing there was a TD there (unless they somehow managed to get 2 safeties).

Granted, they lost both those games. But anyway.

stuperman17
October 17th, 2008, 06:52 AM
xnonox

Corsaro has a better arm than anybody left at YSU! xnonono2x

I called for Heacocks head in 2003 and 5 years later YSU is the laughing stock of D1 xoopsx

Just believe me, he didnt. I'm not making things up. He had NO arm strength. I've seen him a lot. Campbell is deffinately the better qb. Corsaro was only brought here because he was recruited by big ten schools...AS A SAFETY!!!...but we thought that athleticism could transfer over to qb. Nope, he was terrible. Just trust me on this one.

ysubigred
October 17th, 2008, 07:59 AM
In 2001, they scored 24 points against Marshall. Did they really kick 8 FGs, or was there a TD or two in there?

In 2003, they scored 13 against Kent State, so I'm guessing there was a TD there (unless they somehow managed to get 2 safeties).

Granted, they lost both those games. But anyway.

Let me rephrase this Real big $$ FBS Teams xnonono2x

ysubigred
October 17th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Just believe me, he didnt. I'm not making things up. He had NO arm strength. I've seen him a lot. Campbell is deffinately the better qb. Corsaro was only brought here because he was recruited by big ten schools...AS A SAFETY!!!...but we thought that athleticism could transfer over to qb. Nope, he was terrible. Just trust me on this one.

I'll take your word for it. I've never seen any of them but your the only one who's saying his arm is weak. I've heard he's a good QB w/ a strong accurate arm xconfusedx

stuperman17
October 17th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I know where your probably getting your info, and they're way off. Just trust me it was laughable.

Paladin1aa
October 17th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I see we have another Heacock apologist on here. Corsaro had a decent arm. Please stop spitting out the coach's garbage.

YSU is in trouble because they went with the Tressel's boy. The record went downhill every year he was there until he won the GFC and went to the playoffs for his only "golden season". He recruits poorly . He chokes in big games. He handles the players badly and this season is the exposure of how they are reacting to him.

Corsaro was but onje of THREE QBs he recruited the SAME YEAR. One, who only played in 6 H.S. games over two years left the program the first year. The second QB scholly was converted to a back-up TE who may never see the field. The third ?? Corsaro, who was red-shirted, kept as a QB and became the starter. Years later, the story is the kid had no ARM ?? LOL !! Same story about Rowan who left the team-- except he wowed the Red-White game for two years with his accuracy & arm strength and was named the starter after 3 years in the program as QB. We don't have a QB problem---------- we have a HC problem. Those kids were good dropback,shotgun QBs ---------- now , not what he wants. Now he wants to run the option too. Now he wants to emulate Appy or WVU. A little late in his recruiting as we all know here. A little late for the kids as well.

This A-hole can't be run out of town soon enough.

stuperman17
October 17th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Not a heacock apologist, just a realist.

Corsaro was garbage. I'm not bull****ting with you. He was not good. Good athlete, but WR's constantly had to wait for his passes to get to them.

The HC is a problem, but not entirely. Campbell is better than corsaro. I knew campbell was gonna play more last week before it happened. I thought he'd actually start. He just looked better in practice.

As for recruiting the qb's...i dunno where they're coming from there. Scooter sucked, Rodgers might have the best arm on the team, but he's slower than ****. Corsaro was just highly recruited for defense, so he kinda fell into the role he was in. He never had a chance. As much as you think you know, you need to get your thoughts straight.

Paladin1aa
October 17th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Yeah, can't trust my lying eyes and years of coaching. The Azzhole decided that he needed to run the Option in addition to passing. Had ANYONE watched Summers, his golden hair boy, you would have immediately noticed that anything passed over 10 yds are NOT ACCURATE.The kids weren't benched because of their passing, it was because they don't run the Option. But then, he KNEW that when he recruited them.

I could give you a long listed of failed players he brought in. The shame is that the QBs who quit were decent players for the system he had in place. He simply wanted to change the system this year without having the players to do it. Then blamed the kids and started the carousel.

I'm around the program. See it often. I had projected them for 7-5 this year. After seeing the system he put in and what he was trying to do, had to change to to projected losing year. And now they are on track.

BTW, the two Frosh are walk-ons. The last starter wasn't recruited by ANYONE as a QB. The other is a local boy that MIGHT play at the D-III level.

The coach is the reason the program is in trouble. Lay off the kids. I have no respect for his "apologists". He needs to be run out of town.

stuperman17
October 17th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Okay, your right that we never should have changed the offense. I'm a fan of the I-formation as much as any. Ben Lane gets in about 5 plays a game now. He's a very good fullback which is under appreciated. To continue on why we changed the offense. Thats not entirely, barely, on Heacock. Most of the blame MUST go to coach Wright, the OC. Heacock wasnt an offensive guy in the past, why would he recommend something like that?

Summers is a good qb. Saying he can't throw anything past 10 yards accurately is absurd. The guy can throw the ball 70 yards at the flick of his wrist. He is perfect for the offense that we are running, however we both agree we shoudnt be running this O.

I'm not a moron man, of course i know the freshman are both walk-ons. Campbell was very good his sophomore and junior year in high school at qb. Kenetsky isnt exactly made for this level of ball, i have to agree with you there. He's been a very good fill in since rowan left though.

I'm not blaming the players, but i'm just trying to prove a point that Corsaro was not good, at all. I know you people at the YSU board all thought he was the future. I laughed at those posts. But that was never happening.

Paladin check your PM's

Paladin1aa
October 17th, 2008, 01:04 PM
No message in the PM.

If you note, its not that Summers can't throw a ball long, its his accuracy. No accident the ONLY game he racked up passing yardage is when they LIMITED HIM TO 10 YD short passes and ----------PRESTO------------ a high completion record. He has no accuracy on the long ball, but does run the Option. And he'll never have a winning record as a QB here. Corsaro will play for someone else. Rowan will be in Med school next year. The Azzhole will hopefully be coaching somewhere else next year or selling cars.

Rowan & Corsaro ,both took a bad rap, only because they aren't option QBs. BOTH ARE BETTER PASSERS & ACCURATE than Summers. But, of course, they are no longer available to the team. Just one scholly QB ( now injured) and 2 walk-ons. This was once the most dominant program in the nation. Look at it now.

BTW, there are no favorites over on the other board. But locals saw Corsaro & Rowan both play. There wasn't any excuse for yanking one in one quarter of a game & the other after ONE series in a game. Oh, and Cosaro's parents drove all the way from Indy to Missouri to watch their son , named the game starter play one series, never to see the field again in favor a walk-on QB. Wonder why he went home with them after the way Rowan was treated too ?? Just keep telling yourself Cosaro can't play. He maybe a red-shirt Frosh, but he got plenty of years left to play.

As I remind other on the other board, Summers has a high number of INT, sacks & fumbles already. The coach made his bed and now he gets to sleep in *****.

unipanthers8907
October 17th, 2008, 01:26 PM
This is just crazy how YSU can fall so fast, i honestly figured they would compete for third or fourth in the conference at the beginning of the year.

stuperman17
October 17th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Alright, I agree the coaches mishandled the situation. Clearly once you chose a starter you should stick with him unless he does atrocious. The writing was on the wall and the coaches should have just started Campbell if they were planning on playing him. I agree that its terrible to name Corsaro the starter, with his parents coming, only to bench him.

And yes, summers has turned the ball over too much. Against liberty, he had that INT at the end of the half. If he throws that away, we get a field goal. And its a tie ball game with overtime.

Paladin1aa
October 17th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I would have agreed with you, panthers. Running the YSU I formation & power FB, we would have been good for 7-5. Third or 4th is fair. The no huddle Spread O with a dual threat QB looks like a ***** sandwich at a picnic.

The injuries don't help, but we have no coach. A total ,complete idiot. May win 3/4 games.