PDA

View Full Version : 2 Delaware Starters Suspended

jlcharles
October 14th, 2008, 08:19 PM
http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20081014/SPORTS07/810140347/1028

Didn't see this posted anywhere, so here it is. Not only didn't the players hosting said party that led to two of their teammates get suspended, but Keeler suspended them for different games. Keeler is a disgrace.

Hoyadestroya85
October 14th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Tubby would have come down on them much harder, If I was a Delaware fan, I wouldn't be in support of the direction the program is going.

Pitz
October 14th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Sorry UD fans, Schoenhoft is not one of them.

PaladinFan
October 14th, 2008, 08:28 PM
You think Keeler is still complaining that they were better than the four teams that beat them?

SunCoastBlueHen
October 14th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I'm happy to see that both 'nova fans came out of the woodwork for this one. xrolleyesx

BTW, not that it was a smart thing to do, but these players got in trouble for what I (and a good number of you) did every Saturday night while in college.

slostang
October 14th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Suspending them for different games is questionable at best.

We all may have done the same thing each Saturday, but were smart enough to listen to the police.

UDBlueLotFan
October 14th, 2008, 08:43 PM
OK, cats out of the bag!!...Man, this was smoke-n-mirrors to get W/M's hopes upxnodx xlolx Now our QB has an excuse for performing like a 2nd string Buckeyee QBxeyebrowx , d@mn he was a backup OSU QBxrulesx xbawlingx xlolx

SunCoastBlueHen
October 14th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Suspending them for different games is questionable at best.

We all may have done the same thing each Saturday, but were smart enough to listen to the police.

That's true. However, without being there we can't say what really went down. Were the players disrespectful? Probably. Were the cops on a power trip knowing the were dealing with football players? Possibly. I saw it happen when I was in school. xpeacex

jlcharles
October 14th, 2008, 08:54 PM
I'm happy to see that both 'nova fans came out of the woodwork for this one. xrolleyesx

BTW, not that it was a smart thing to do, but these players got in trouble for what I (and a good number of you) did every Saturday night while in college.

I knew better than to not disperse when I was knowingly breaking the law.

jlcharles
October 14th, 2008, 08:55 PM
That's true. However, without being there we can't say what really went down. Were the players disrespectful? Probably. Were the cops on a power trip knowing the were dealing with football players? Possibly. I saw it happen when I was in school. xpeacex

Are you defending Keeler's actions?

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2008, 09:08 PM
LET US LOSE DUH LINEBACKER...FO' ONE GAME....(BLAIR'S LATE HIT OUTTAH BOUNDS ON COEN....DEN WHEN KC....TRIED TA 'SPLAIN WHA 15 YDS...IS HURTFUL....HE PULLS AWAY).....DIS WEEK.........KEEP DUH D-BACK.....AGIN' JAKE DUH SNAKE.......5 DB'S......DEN LAY-OFF ANTONY....AGIN' DUH NO O...PRIDE........KEELERAH.......HAS LET DIS PROGRAM DOWN..........WHIFF UH QB......WHO COMPLETES....PIGGIES...TA PEOPLE WHO ARE ON D...'CAUSE DEY CAIN'T CATCH...DUH ROCK........OH YEAH....AN' OURAH RESERVE QB....WAS INJURED...IN 'NOTHERAH INCIDENT...SAME NIGHT......(NOT CLEAR IFIN' IT WAS IN ROBSCOTT)......150 BIG BODIED...BEHEMOTHS...IN ONE UH DEM DUMPS.........WHAT KINDAH HOME OWNERAH.....WOULD RENT TA UH HOUSE FULL O' FOOTBALL PLAYERS....ANYWHO...........DOES DUH PLUMBIN' STILL WORK.......HOLES IN DUH WALLS...FROM HANGIN' UP....TUBBY'S PORTRAITS..........DIS SEASON IS SPIRALIN'.....LIKE UH PIPER CUB......OUTTAH FUEL.......OURAH DEFENSE.....DESERVES BETTERAH....'CAUSE.....DEY'RE SPECIAL.........UH TEAM CAPTAIN/ASST. COACH......LEADIN' IN DUH SINGIN' O' 100 BOTTLES O' BEER ON DUH WALL............'PPARENTLY CELEBRATIN'.......DUH THUD.....FROM UMAINE......ME & MAH PAL....DRIVIN' HOME....TOOK DIS LOSS HARD......AS DUH HEN SQWAD....SHOWERED UP....AN' PUT ON DUH PARTY AQUA-VELVAH.......HARD TA BELIEVE....WE WERE IN DUH FINAL......ONE YEAR AGO.....LISTENIN' TA DUH RADIO SHOW......GOLLY GEE...WE'RE UH FAMILY....TRYIN' TA RIGHT DUH SHIP.....DON'T GIVE UP ON US.. FANS......HARD TA SWALLAH...DIS CRAP....I-AA LADDIES.......KEELER SOMETIMES GOES TA DUH BOARD..........HOPE HE GETS UH COPY O' DIS...DIATRIBE....................OH YEAH.......AN' BILL & MARE.....WILL PLUCK OURAH FEATHERAHS....IN RETALLIATION........O' OMAR'S...SEVEN SCO'S......LAST MEETIN'.........:(.........OH BRUTTER!

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2008, 09:11 PM
DON'T WANNAH HEAR.....HOW COLLEGE BOYS....WILL BE BOYS....xsmhx....BRAWK/OBAMAISUHLOCK!!

Go...gate
October 14th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Why two different games?

Hoyadestroya85
October 14th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Why two different games?

that's the only thing i take issue with, the whole drinking thing isn't a big deal to me, 95 percent of college students do it.. I just don't understand how suspending them for different games gets the message across

jlcharles
October 14th, 2008, 09:26 PM
LET US LOSE DUH LINEBACKER...FO' ONE GAME....(BLAIR'S LATE HIT OUTTAH BOUNDS ON COEN....DEN WHEN KC....TRIED TA 'SPLAIN WHA 15 YDS...IS HURTFUL....HE PULLS AWAY).....DIS WEEK.........KEEP DUH D-BACK.....AGIN' JAKE DUH SNAKE.......5 DB'S......DEN LAY-OFF ANTONY....AGIN' DUH NO O...PRIDE........KEELERAH.......HAS LET DIS PROGRAM DOWN..........WHIFF UH QB......WHO COMPLETES....PIGGIES...TA PEOPLE WHO ARE ON D...'CAUSE DEY CAIN'T CATCH...DUH ROCK........OH YEAH....AN' OURAH RESERVE QB....WAS INJURED...IN 'NOTHERAH INCIDENT...SAME NIGHT......(NOT CLEAR IFIN' IT WAS IN ROBSCOTT)......150 BIG BODIED...BEHEMOTHS...IN ONE UH DEM DUMPS.........WHAT KINDAH HOME OWNERAH.....WOULD RENT TA UH HOUSE FULL O' FOOTBALL PLAYERS....ANYWHO...........DOES DUH PLUMBIN' STILL WORK.......HOLES IN DUH WALLS...FROM HANGIN' UP....TUBBY'S PORTRAITS..........DIS SEASON IS SPIRALIN'.....LIKE UH PIPER CUB......OUTTAH FUEL.......OURAH DEFENSE.....DESERVES BETTERAH....'CAUSE.....DEY'RE SPECIAL.........UH TEAM CAPTAIN/ASST. COACH......LEADIN' IN DUH SINGIN' O' 100 BOTTLES O' BEER ON DUH WALL............'PPARENTLY CELEBRATIN'.......DUH THUD.....FROM UMAINE......ME & MAH PAL....DRIVIN' HOME....TOOK DIS LOSS HARD......AS DUH HEN SQWAD....SHOWERED UP....AN' PUT ON DUH PARTY AQUA-VELVAH.......HARD TA BELIEVE....WE WERE IN DUH FINAL......ONE YEAR AGO.....LISTENIN' TA DUH RADIO SHOW......GOLLY GEE...WE'RE UH FAMILY....TRYIN' TA RIGHT DUH SHIP.....DON'T GIVE UP ON US.. FANS......HARD TA SWALLAH...DIS CRAP....I-AA LADDIES.......KEELER SOMETIMES GOES TA DUH BOARD..........HOPE HE GETS UH COPY O' DIS...DIATRIBE....................OH YEAH.......AN' BILL & MARE.....WILL PLUCK OURAH FEATHERAHS....IN RETALLIATION........O' OMAR'S...SEVEN SCO'S......LAST MEETIN'.........:(.........OH BRUTTER!

My eyes are bleeding

Why two different games?

I don't care about college kids drinking, but if you are too stupid to get out there when the cops show, oh well. Regardless, they both got arrested and Keeler showed winning (or not) is more important than anything.

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2008, 09:26 PM
IT'S SIMPLE I-AA LADS......DON'T NEED UH LINEBACKER...AGIN' DUH TRIBE....5 D-BACKS...WILL SUFFICE.........DEN...CAN ANTONY...AGIN DUH PRIDE....DEY PUT DUH ZERO....IN O.........:(.........BRAWK!

JayJ79
October 14th, 2008, 09:27 PM
I'm certainly not a Delaware fan.
But I don't see any reason for the players hosting the party should be suspended. They threw a party, things got loud. Annoying to the neighbors? yes. and they'll pay for it via the citation. But nothing worthy of a football suspension.

But getting beligerant with cops is just stupid.

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2008, 09:29 PM
My eyes are bleeding

I don't care about college kids drinking, but if you are too stupid to get out there when the cops show, oh well. Regardless, they both got arrested and Keeler showed winning (or not) is more important than anything.

EYE DROPS...'VAILABLE AT YER LOCAL PHARMACY!!

SunCoastBlueHen
October 14th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Are you defending Keeler's actions?

Keeler's actions tell me that this is an overblown situation. His hand was forced by the newspaper picking up the story, otherwise it would have been handled internally. Your naive if you think similar circumstances don't arise most Saturday nights on 'nova's campus. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2008, 09:36 PM
WE GOT OURAH EGG-HOLES HANDED TA US......BAH....DUH BEARS........ALMOST AS BAD....AS GETTIN' THUMPED BAH W. CHESTERAH!.............150 PEOPLES...RAISIN' CAIN........STEREO...KICKIN' AC/DC.........BEER CANS ON SEVERALAH LAWNS........CARS...BLOCKIN' DRIVEWAYS.........BARF IN DUH GUTTERAHS.....PLAYERS...WANNAH...TAKE OUT POLICEMEN........YEAH DAT OVERAH-BLOWN.......xconfusedx......AWK!

SunCoastBlueHen
October 14th, 2008, 09:45 PM
WE GOT OURAH EGG-HOLES HANDED TA US......BAH....DUH BEARS........ALMOST AS BAD....AS GETTIN' THUMPED BAH W. CHESTERAH!.............150 PEOPLES...RAISIN' CAIN........STEREO...KICKIN' AC/DC.........BEER CANS ON SEVERALAH LAWNS........CARS...BLOCKIN' DRIVEWAYS.........BARF IN DUH GUTTERAHS.....PLAYERS...WANNAH...TAKE OUT POLICEMEN........YEAH DAT OVERAH-BLOWN.......xconfusedx......AWK!

Apparently, Mr. Chicken has a better account of the party than I do. xlolx

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2008, 09:47 PM
[B][B]
Apparently, Mr. Chicken has a better account of the party than I do. xlolx[/B

NOT HARD TA IMAGINE.........xrolleyesx............AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Apparently, Mr. Chicken has a better account of the party than I do. xlolx

NOT HARD TA IMAGINE......xsmhx......BRAWK!

jlcharles
October 14th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Keeler's actions tell me that this is an overblown situation. His hand was forced by the newspaper picking up the story, otherwise it would have been handled internally. Your naive if you think similar circumstances don't arise most Saturday nights on 'nova's campus. xpeacex

Except Nova students are apparently smart enough not to mouth off to a cop. You'll notice that one of the players is not underage.

blur2005
October 14th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Sorry UD fans, Schoenhoft is not one of them.
Dammit, beat me to the punch on that one.

Go...gate
October 14th, 2008, 10:30 PM

Point taken, but aren't these kids told again and again to stay the hell out of trouble because of their public visibility?

slostang
October 14th, 2008, 10:33 PM

There is always two sides to a story and we have only heard one side so you could be right. xpeacex

madisonfan87
October 14th, 2008, 10:38 PM

What study like the good students that we are?xwhistlex

JMU DUUUKES
October 15th, 2008, 07:14 AM
its easy to rag on them, but its not really anybody but the players faults. Can't blame Keeler for spreading the punishment btw two games, it was only partying. Maybe if it was something worse I would think the punishment was too light.

BlueHen86
October 15th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Except Nova students are apparently smart enough not to mouth off to a cop. You'll notice that one of the players is not underage.
Yeah, it's your drunk driving priests that cause all the trouble.xrolleyesx

SoCon48
October 15th, 2008, 08:23 AM

Draggin' out the ole "Everybody Does It" rationalization. Let's face it, the two Hen boys just screwed up. Plain and simple.xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xrulesx xrulesx

MR. CHICKEN
October 15th, 2008, 08:41 AM
PLAIN....&...DEFINTELY....SIMPLE......:(.......BRAWK/OBAMA-BIDEN!!

BlueHen86
October 15th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Draggin' out the ole "Everybody Does It" rationalization. Let's face it, the two Hen boys just screwed up. Plain and simple.xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xrulesx xrulesx
Yup, which is why they were suspended.

Anovafan
October 15th, 2008, 03:42 PM

Except Nova suspends them indefinitely until the undergraduate council can hear everything. Happened this year to Nova's best LB, he is still suspended, and it was a bogus case. Keeler's move to suspend them in different games is shady at best.

GannonFan
October 15th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Oh come on, this is what outrages nova fans? Two kids get busted at a party where there was...wait for it... drinking, and they get arrested? There's already plenty of stories floating around about exactly what the cops did or didn't do at the party so right now there's not really a lot of evidence of anything.

And of course, the funny thing is, nova fans here are complaining about this, but strangely they still hang the 1985 Basketball banner despite knowing that someone played high on coke in the semis that year. Oh, and also that nova's been on NCAA probation in the past couple of years as well.

We'll see exactly what comes out of this, but considering what was reported in the paper, which is just one side of the story and not the player's story, it doesn't sound like a huge deal and KC's punished the guys appropriately for it.

Geez, you'd think from all the outrage here that someone from UD tried to run down nova fans in a car and then had the university just sweep it under the rug. :p

HensRock
October 15th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Except Nova suspends them indefinitely until the undergraduate council can hear everything. Happened this year to Nova's best LB, he is still suspended, and it was a bogus case. Keeler's move to suspend them in different games is shady at best.

And remind us, what happened to Fr. Lazor again?

You Nova fans are in a glass house when it comes to light punishments!

Anovafan
October 15th, 2008, 04:24 PM

You UD guys really need to drop the priest thing. It was tragic for everyone involved and should not be used for BB fodder around here. Just drop it already. It has nothing to do with the football program.

Nova's history in dealing with punishment of football players has been quick, decisive, and often very strict. The record is very well established. I can't speak to any other sport.

I would like to see some evidence of NCAA probation for Nova football. Again, I can't speak to any other sport, but would like to see evidence for other Nova sports if it is out there.

jlcharles
October 15th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I have never heard anything about Fr. Lazor being drunk. In fact, I just googled it and came up empty.

I had him 2 semesters and he was a great man.

Hoyadestroya85
October 15th, 2008, 06:23 PM

http://villanova.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/011507aab.html

have anything else to say?

Hens85
October 15th, 2008, 06:43 PM
These two players made a mistake. Partying in a residential neighborhood is not going to end well. However, before everyone starts making all these accusations, remember there are always two sides to every story. I am not going to comment on this situation, all I will say is that this is most likely not the end of this story. However I will post this that was posted on gohens by someone. It gives a pretty accurate story of what happened.

"Hello all. I have been following the board for awhile now and decided to finally make an account. In regards to Saturday night. I understand where every where has been coming from, especially after that very difficult game. Many have pointed out some very interesting points. I my self have spoken to make students including non football players who were in fact at the party. From what I understand the reason for the entire incident starting over was from one of the officers telling one of the players "To get in the the Car Boy". It was also stated that many racial slurs were thrown around during this situation.Once this was done many of the players were extremely upset, including #56. 56 started to ask the officers why they would use a comment like that and because of him talking back was tazered twice to the ground. Following the tazer of 56 apparently Walters was yelling and asking why the officers were doing this along with many other students. This then lead to him was tazered as well for no apparent reason. Apparently over 12 NCCPD showed up at a college party with tazers and police dogs in hand. Many students said that the officers were extremely rude and would not even give any badge numbers of information. I hope this clears some things up for some people on this board. Like I said, this from different sources but it is my understanding this is the rumor going around campus. It is sad when the NJ can not even disclose everything that actually happened, especially after many students have said they filled complaints against NCCPD-bluehensforever"

MR. CHICKEN
October 15th, 2008, 07:14 PM
KEELERAH...SAID ON DUH SHOW....TONIGHT........"WHEN POLICE SAY DISPERSE.......DISPERSE".................OFFICERS FACIN' UPWARDS O' 150.....DRINKIN'... KIDS......SOME O' WHICH ARE....EXTREMELY BIG/STRONG......EASY TA UNDERSTAND.....RUDE.....WOULD ANY YA'S...LIKE TA HAVE UH TASK...AS DIS????...........ASSUMIN' SOME O' DIS TALE....IS TRUE...............BRAWK!

WildCat In The Hat
October 15th, 2008, 07:21 PM

You're taking shots at a dead priest? Are you kidding me? A new low has been reached on AGS, congratulations.

WildCat In The Hat
October 15th, 2008, 07:32 PM
These two players made a mistake. Partying in a residential neighborhood is not going to end well. However, before everyone starts making all these accusations, remember there are always two sides to every story. I am not going to comment on this situation, all I will say is that this is most likely not the end of this story. However I will post this that was posted on gohens by someone. It gives a pretty accurate story of what happened.

"Hello all. I have been following the board for awhile now and decided to finally make an account. In regards to Saturday night. I understand where every where has been coming from, especially after that very difficult game. Many have pointed out some very interesting points. I my self have spoken to make students including non football players who were in fact at the party. From what I understand the reason for the entire incident starting over was from one of the officers telling one of the players "To get in the the Car Boy". It was also stated that many racial slurs were thrown around during this situation.Once this was done many of the players were extremely upset, including #56. 56 started to ask the officers why they would use a comment like that and because of him talking back was tazered twice to the ground. Following the tazer of 56 apparently Walters was yelling and asking why the officers were doing this along with many other students. This then lead to him was tazered as well for no apparent reason. Apparently over 12 NCCPD showed up at a college party with tazers and police dogs in hand. Many students said that the officers were extremely rude and would not even give any badge numbers of information. I hope this clears some things up for some people on this board. Like I said, this from different sources but it is my understanding this is the rumor going around campus. It is sad when the NJ can not even disclose everything that actually happened, especially after many students have said they filled complaints against NCCPD-bluehensforever"

You're kidding me, the police called a boy, boy? And there were actually 12 of them breaking up a party of only 150 plus kids. And on top of that, they were rude?? Next you're going to tell me clouds aren't made out of cotton candy. Grow Up!! When the cops tell you to do something- do it. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW.

Hens85
October 15th, 2008, 08:22 PM
I guess you missed the racial slurs part...which escalated this thing. I'll put it this way word is is that there are many complaints being filed with the NCCPD. I said they made a mistake. What the Cops did to these kids escalated this whole thing. I'll leave it at that before this situation is finalized.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I guess you missed the racial slurs part...which escalated this thing. I'll put it this way word is is that there are many complaints being filed with the NCCPD. I said they made a mistake. What the Cops did to these kids escalated this whole thing. I'll leave it at that before this situation is finalized.

That doesn't change the fact that Keeler suspended them for different games. xmadx

jlcharles
October 15th, 2008, 10:14 PM
That doesn't change the fact that Keeler suspended them for different games. xmadx

Ding ding ding.

I'm sure if this account is true, someone, anyone has video of it from their cell phone.

DSUrocks07
October 15th, 2008, 10:43 PM

Yep xwhistlex

GannonFan
October 15th, 2008, 11:39 PM

At this point, what does it matter? You can't say that KC is doing it to try to win more games. None of these guys play QB so it won't have any effect on winning games anyway. The season is pretty much over and the Hens aren't going to the playoffs so it's not for some push for the playoffs. So why the outrage that the suspensions aren't for the same game? While what the kids did was wrong and certainly warrants a suspension, what they did was certainly on the light end of indescretions and the punishment is appropriate. It seems like you guys are reaching for reason to be outraged when none really exists. With or without these guys, we lose to W&M and beat Hofstra.

89Hen
October 16th, 2008, 08:06 AM
You're taking shots at a dead priest?
xconfusedx Seemed like the shot was at VU.

DSUrocks07
October 16th, 2008, 08:53 AM
At this point, what does it matter? You can't say that KC is doing it to try to win more games. None of these guys play QB so it won't have any effect on winning games anyway. The season is pretty much over and the Hens aren't going to the playoffs so it's not for some push for the playoffs. So why the outrage that the suspensions aren't for the same game? While what the kids did was wrong and certainly warrants a suspension, what they did was certainly on the light end of indescretions and the punishment is appropriate. It seems like you guys are reaching for reason to be outraged when none really exists. With or without these guys, we lose to W&M and beat Hofstra.

I think its more of the principle of the situation...you get arrested, you don't play the next game. What kind of this example does this set for the rest of the team. Hey even if I get arrested, Coach might still let me play next week. xoopsx Not sure how Walters gets a free pass to play against W&M...xconfusedx

He must of had one of these...xwhistlex

GannonFan
October 16th, 2008, 08:56 AM
I think its more of the principle of the situation...you get arrested, you don't play the next game. What kind of this example does this set for the rest of the team. Hey even if I get arrested, Coach might still let me play next week. xoopsx Not sure how Walters gets a free pass to play against W&M...xconfusedx

He must of had one of these...xwhistlex

Apparently, KC's rationale behind this is that he didn't want to punish the team for the transgressions of two guys. Like it, don't like it, so be it. Nothing's been swept under the rug and truthfully, UD's gained no competitive edge by doing so - they will lose to W&M and beat Hofstra regardless of these two guys being on the field.

DSUrocks07
October 16th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Apparently, KC's rationale behind this is that he didn't want to punish the team for the transgressions of two guys. Like it, don't like it, so be it. Nothing's been swept under the rug and truthfully, UD's gained no competitive edge by doing so - they will lose to W&M and beat Hofstra regardless of these two guys being on the field.

You said it yourself...what difference does it make, if they are bench/non-impact players then how would you be "punishing the team" by suspending them for the same game xconfusedx

If UD has no chance against W&M then why not suspend them for that game. It sounds like hes starting to play favorites xtwocentsx

GannonFan
October 16th, 2008, 09:08 AM
You said it yourself...what difference does it make, if they are bench/non-impact players then how would you be "punishing the team" by suspending them for the same game xconfusedx

If UD has no chance against W&M then why not suspend them for that game. It sounds like hes starting to play favorites xtwocentsx

They are both starters and one is probably the best cornerback in the conference (playing safety this year due to injuries). But they aren't the QB and that's where UD will lose the game (or win in spite of). Maybe he's covering over for a thin defense where he's got multiple LB'ers already out for the year with injuries (same with the defensive backfield), maybe he wants to avoid having to plug a true freshman in and burn a redshirt just to appease the anonymous masses on a message board who are demanding retribution? Again, it's not like he's pulling a cover over some felonies here and winning at all costs. Some people are making this out to be way more than it is, and seeing where they hail from and who they root for, that's not terribly surprising. The punishment fits the crime, and I'm sure we don't even know all of the punishments these players are getting. They didn't disperse quickly enough at a regular college party. These guys aren't Pacman or someone like that. xpeacex

DSUrocks07
October 16th, 2008, 09:12 AM
They are both starters and one is probably the best cornerback in the conference (playing safety this year due to injuries). But they aren't the QB and that's where UD will lose the game (or win in spite of). Maybe he's covering over for a thin defense where he's got multiple LB'ers already out for the year with injuries (same with the defensive backfield), maybe he wants to avoid having to plug a true freshman in and burn a redshirt just to appease the anonymous masses on a message board who are demanding retribution? Again, it's not like he's pulling a cover over some felonies here and winning at all costs. Some people are making this out to be way more than it is, and seeing where they hail from and who they root for, that's not terribly surprising. The punishment fits the crime, and I'm sure we don't even know all of the punishments these players are getting. They didn't disperse quickly enough at a regular college party. These guys aren't Pacman or someone like that. xpeacex

xcoolx