PDA

View Full Version : WCU one win away from co-SoCon championship!!!

catamount man
November 5th, 2005, 11:48 PM
http://catamountsports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/110505aaa.html

See you Apps in Boone!!! GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

AppGuy04
November 5th, 2005, 11:56 PM
and so it begins......

AppState
November 6th, 2005, 12:08 AM
And 2 games short of a complete schedule.

SuperJon
November 6th, 2005, 12:19 AM
One of those they couldn't help. You can't blame that one on them.

catamount man
November 6th, 2005, 12:21 AM
and so it begins......

Indeed it does! GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

ronpayne
November 6th, 2005, 12:31 AM
You won't be beating App in Kidd Brewer... but I do think it won't be a blowout. WCU has played very well at times this year, but ASU is definitely a strong team at the Rock, and I think their defense (which held LSU to 14 points through 3 quarters) will stifle any WCU hopes of an upset win. Thanks for driving the jug back up the mountain for us! :)

catamount man
November 6th, 2005, 07:08 AM
Oh, I can't WAIT until Saturday! Good showing though last night in Baton Rouge. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

GaSouthern
November 6th, 2005, 08:47 AM
You won't be beating App in Kidd Brewer... but I do think it won't be a blowout. WCU has played very well at times this year, but ASU is definitely a strong team at the Rock, and I think their defense (which held LSU to 14 points through 3 quarters) will stifle any WCU hopes of an upset win. Thanks for driving the jug back up the mountain for us! :)

hell GSU's D held them to what....7? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GaSouthern
November 6th, 2005, 08:48 AM
I say app wins by what? prob about 30

AppState
November 6th, 2005, 10:21 AM
One of those they couldn't help. You can't blame that one on them.

How did you incorrectly determine that I was placing blame?

Saint3333
November 6th, 2005, 10:52 AM
ASU should win the game, but I'd look for a 10-14 point win. WCU always brings their best game against ASU. Hopefully our 2-5 WRs step up and are able to replace the plays Little provided for us. If the defense they played GSU and LSU shows up the Apps win at the ROCK. WCU can't step Richie and Kev running all night.

LSU rushing defense avg. 97 yards
ASU rushing last night 176 yards

eaglesrthe1
November 6th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Does anyone know the tiebreaker rules for the SoCon should ASU, WCU, FU, and GSU all end up with 5-2 conference records? I know that they are all listed as co-champs. I am speaking of the auto-bid.

GaSouthern
November 6th, 2005, 11:08 AM
this is looking like it could be a fuster cluck really quick

ravens
November 6th, 2005, 11:14 AM
I think they play Paper, Scissors, Stones for the autobid

Eagle22
November 6th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Does anyone know the tiebreaker rules for the SoCon should ASU, WCU, FU, and GSU all end up with 5-2 conference records? I know that they are all listed as co-champs. I am speaking of the auto-bid.

In this scenario, auto-bid = Eagles. The only time losing to Wofford would help ... we would have a 2-1 record against the other three, with only WCU having a 2-1 record against the other 3. FU and ASU would both be 1-2 ...Our auto-bid, since beat WCU head to head.

Go Western !

Saint3333
November 6th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Let's hope that doesn't happen. :D

eaglesrthe1
November 6th, 2005, 11:34 AM
In this scenario, auto-bid = Eagles. The only time losing to Wofford would help ... we would have a 2-1 record against the other three, with only WCU having a 2-1 record against the other 3. FU and ASU would both be 1-2 ...Our auto-bid, since beat WCU head to head.

Go Western !

Man...under that scenario, ASU would go from the SoCon champs with a possible top 4 seed... to a 7-4 record and possibly out of the playoffs on that one game outcome! :eek:

AppGuy04
November 6th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Man...under that scenario, ASU would go from the SoCon champs with a possible top 4 seed... to a 7-4 record and possibly out of the playoffs on that one game outcome! :eek:

thats the breaks, just means we gotta make sure we whoop wcu

catamount man
November 6th, 2005, 05:47 PM
No matter the outcome, nobody can say it's been a boring year in the SoCon in 2005! Man, I can't wait to Saturday! GO CATAMOUNTS!!!