PDA

View Full Version : Texas State vs. Central Arkansas

BobcatTXST04
October 14th, 2008, 04:32 PM
(I searched and didn't see a thread for this topic, so if there is already one I apologise for the extra thread)

This Saturday is exciting for the SLC! UCA comes to San Marcos to take on Texas State who just beat McNeese. The winner of this game has the best shot at an SLC title and a playoff spot.

From what we've seen so far from both teams we should expect a shoot-out with both teams scoring 40+ points and gaining 400+ yards!

patssle
October 14th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Goal for Texas State: Not to make SportsCenter xlolx xlolx xlolx

Seriously though, it should be a good game. The question is, will BG be consistent? He has not been at all in his career at TXST. Let's see if he is finally on track this Saturday, because if he is, then TXST is in the running for playoffs.

slycat
October 14th, 2008, 05:54 PM
This is homecoming for the Bobcats so hopefully our guys come out pumped!

BEAR
October 14th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Winner will have a chance at the SLC title...but UCA will watch the loser contend with SHSU and McNeese for the playoff spot as UCA is still not eligible for post season! xmadx

Cat79
October 14th, 2008, 09:13 PM
This game will be a shootout.

Texas State by 3:D

KleinTx05
October 15th, 2008, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE=patssle;1152265]Goal for Texas State: Not to make SportsCenter xlolx xlolx xlolx

Goal for Sam Houston: Not to go 0-2 xlolx xlolx xlolx

Seriously tho it should be a good gamexsmiley_wix

TexasTerror
October 15th, 2008, 08:25 PM
As George goes, the Bobcats go...

Bush can't carry the weight and with the defense willing to allow 35+ points a game, it comes down to George having a good ole time throwing the ball around...

If George craps out, down goes the Bobcats...

Cat79
October 15th, 2008, 09:53 PM
:D Texas Terror,

You apparently do not know anything about Texas State. Have you been to a Texas State game? I known the answer is no.

Your answer is that you saw the Texas Southern game which is not a true picture. I call on everyone to question the validity of Sam Houston State. You are a clown trying to verify your existence. You are not even liked on the Sam Houston fan forum.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it fool.:D

Bearkat-Backer
October 15th, 2008, 10:37 PM
:D Texas Terror,

You apparently do not know anything about Texas State. Have you been to a Texas State game? I known the answer is no.

Your answer is that you saw the Texas Southern game which is not a true picture. I call on everyone to question the validity of Sam Houston State. You are a clown trying to verify your existence. You are not even liked on the Sam Houston fan forum.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it fool.:D

I think that all of the Bearkat faithful will be the first to tell you that our team has some huge holes. The fact that we gave up more points Vs. UCA than we did to Kansas should show you that we have some issues to work through. But just like the Bobcats we have enough positives to be able to pull off a big season if we can pull off big plays at the right time. when you guys come to Huntsville I think the SLC AQ will be on the line.

And as far as TT goes he gets a bad rap on Katfans.com just because he isn't ready to throw in the towl like the rest of the posters over there.

SeattleGriz
October 16th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Just wait, this game is going to be a defensive battle.

The way everyone on this thread is talking, is just like everyone before Montana vs EWU.

I will be paying attention to this game in the hopes it is a barn burner of a game. Love offense.

TexasTerror
October 16th, 2008, 07:51 AM

Have you seen your Bobcats play? Outside of defensive problems, The quarterback position has been the reason for your losses. It's why you dug yourself a huge hole against SMU. It was also why you fell behind SUU early. Your QBs couldn't hit the broadside of a barn early in the game.

I also saw the game against UNC at length. They had free online web streaming! ;)

Not even liked on the SHSU forum? You have to understand with our forum that due to a few posters, most important information is shared behind private messages. We have a few, who have completely ruined our board and have soured relationships with both the AD and the true individuals who provide information to our boards.

I'm probably one of the lone few willing to share information on the boards, most of which comes from boosters who refuse to post on the board nowadays because of said problems listed above.

BobcatJH
October 16th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I agree with Texas Terror on this one.

With the exception of the first 3 quarters in Lake Charles, our defense has been lousy all year. We have to put up a ton of points to win games. If George plays well we can hang with anyone in the conference. If he plays poorly, we have little chance of beating anyone because our defense has been terrible.

If the team that played the first 3 quarters versus McNeese shows up on Saturday, they have a very good chance of beating UCA.

UCA has a damn good team, and their fans seem like good people. It is a shame they are not yet playoff eligible. If UCA turns out to be the best team in the conference, they deserve to go to the postseason.

McNeese75
October 16th, 2008, 09:31 AM
I agree with Texas Terror on this one.

With the exception of the first 3 quarters in Lake Charles, our defense has been lousy all year. We have to put up a ton of points to win games. If George plays well we can hang with anyone in the conference. If he plays poorly, we have little chance of beating anyone because our defense has been terrible.

If the team that played the first 3 quarters versus McNeese shows up on Saturday, they have a very good chance of beating UCA.

UCA has a damn good team, and their fans seem like good people. It is a shame they are not yet playoff eligible. If UCA turns out to be the best team in the conference, they deserve to go to the postseason.

Rules is rules and they are stuck on the bench just like SDSU and NDSU were the last 5 years.

UCABEARS75
October 16th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Rules is rules and they are stuck on the bench just like SDSU and NDSU were the last 5 years.

True. We knew the rules when we made the move.

Good news is after this year we only have one more in purgatory.

TexasTerror
October 16th, 2008, 10:26 AM

SLC Commissioner Tom Burnett did attempt an effort to strike the rule if you recall, but no one was buying that one in the least bit...

RabidRabbit
October 16th, 2008, 10:27 AM
True. We knew the rules when we made the move.

Good news is after this year we only have one more in purgatory.

So eligible in 2010 with the expanded play-offs? xchinscratchx xchinscratchx

If so, that should be good news for da Bears.

UCABEARS75
October 16th, 2008, 10:57 AM
So eligible in 2010 with the expanded play-offs? xchinscratchx xchinscratchx

If so, that should be good news for da Bears.

Correct.

BobcatTXST04
October 16th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Never understood why teams have to be put on "probation" just because they move into a bigger division. But then again, there are many political aspects of college football that don't make sense to me.

patssle
October 16th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Not even liked on the SHSU forum? You have to understand with our forum that due to a few posters, most important information is shared behind private messages. We have a few, who have completely ruined our board and have soured relationships with both the AD and the true individuals who provide information to our boards.

I'm probably one of the lone few willing to share information on the boards, most of which comes from boosters who refuse to post on the board nowadays because of said problems listed above.

xrolleyesx I worked in the freaking athletic department for 2 years, there's not exactly a whole ton of "top secret" information out there that is being kept off KatFans because people won't post it. Our board is just fine.

TexasTerror
October 16th, 2008, 12:33 PM
xrolleyesx I worked in the freaking athletic department for 2 years, there's not exactly a whole ton of "top secret" information out there that is being kept off KatFans because people won't post it. Our board is just fine.

You'd be surprised...I've gotten a lot of specific information several months before announcements (particularly related to scheduling and staff additions).

Never understood why teams have to be put on "probation" just because they move into a bigger division. But then again, there are many political aspects of college football that don't make sense to me.

If the process was easy, more schools would do it and take a share of the pot...

BEAR
October 16th, 2008, 12:39 PM
You'd be surprised...I've gotten a lot of specific information several months before announcements (particularly related to scheduling and staff additions).

If the process was easy, more schools would do it and take a share of the pot...

Pot? You mean the $200k we got to play Tulsa? I think our overall football budget is 1.5 mil. We need some of those "pots" that other schools have gotten for playing FBS schools. Stadium expansion. Better salaries for coaches, staff...a real athletic admin complex, not a reused triplex. No pot money yet for UCA. Wonder how much Hawaii will be paying? Another 200k plus expenses I suppose..maybe 400k..xlolx

patssle
October 16th, 2008, 12:44 PM

Well that stuff comes out sooner or later anyways. Several people who know won't post it because they don't want to jeopardize their source, not because of the board.

McNeese75
October 16th, 2008, 12:47 PM

Academics

Purple Pride
October 16th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Pot? You mean the $200k we got to play Tulsa? I think our overall football budget is 1.5 mil. We need some of those "pots" that other schools have gotten for playing FBS schools. Stadium expansion. Better salaries for coaches, staff...a real athletic admin complex, not a reused triplex. No pot money yet for UCA. Wonder how much Hawaii will be paying? Another 200k plus expenses I suppose..maybe 400k..xlolx
$150K plus travel and lodging.

UCABEARS75
October 16th, 2008, 02:08 PM
The "Pot Money" they are referring to is probably BB money from the NCAA tournament.

A few years back more teams were making the move up from D-II for basketball and a lot of them were not properly equipped/financed to make the move.

BEAR
October 16th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Bobcat fans,

This is how Nathan takes care of business..

Just the other day, Steve East called Brown's cell phone and asked if he was going to be at the stadium on Monday, a normal off day. Sure, Brown said, he planned to be there at 3 p.m. to watch film.

A TV station is going to be there at 2 p.m. and would like an interview, East told him. No problem, Brown said.

http://www.arkansasnews.com/archive/2008/10/16/HarryKing/348530.html

You can make fun of him on your message board all you want..but he's coming prepared, which is half the battle. The other half is gametime, where he has proven himself over and over again. xbowx xbowx xbowx

patssle
October 16th, 2008, 02:25 PM
You can make fun of him on your message board all you want

You gotta admit, its pretty funny ;)

BEAR
October 16th, 2008, 02:26 PM
You gotta admit, its pretty funny ;)

Yeah, sad to think that after last year, all Cat fans can do is make fun of the QB who made them his b**ch and had to be pulled due to the Conque national embarrasment mercy rule...xlolx xlolx

Yeah, it's pretty funny! xlolx xlolx

UCABEARS75
October 16th, 2008, 02:35 PM
LOL, its a message board, for fans. It is supposed to be fun.

Somehow, I doubt Nathan has taken the time to check into Tx State's board and if he did he would probably laugh.

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 16th, 2008, 02:57 PM
maybe he'll get so confused with all the holes in our defense that he'll just curl up in a ball on every 3rd down attempt and take a sack...;) xlolx

...oh come on. one can wish, right?

BEAR
October 16th, 2008, 03:05 PM
maybe he'll get so confused with all the holes in our defense that he'll just curl up in a ball on every 3rd down attempt and take a sack...;) xlolx

...oh come on. one can wish, right?

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx This is gonna be a fun game! It's all in fun! xlolx xthumbsupx

HPCAT
October 17th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Can a mod correct the title of this thread, even though it was an honest typo, it bugs me, it has to irritate the hell out of the UCA fans, they may view it as a sign of disrespect.

JoshUCA
October 17th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Can a mod correct the title of this thread, even though it was an honest typo, it bugs me, it has to irritate the hell out of the UCA fans, they may view it as a sign of disrespect.

LOL...to be honest, I didn't even notice!

unipanthers8907
October 17th, 2008, 01:30 PM
I think this will be a close game, but I think Central Arkansas will pull it out. Central Arkansas: 31, Texas State: 28

BobcatTXST04
October 17th, 2008, 03:41 PM
D'oh...

This was a mistake on my part. I can't spell worth a darn. I have actually misspelled "bobcat" on several occasions.

*mods, please fix the title if you would*

BEAR
October 17th, 2008, 03:57 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx

That's alright, even if it was intentional disrespect, I guess it would be payback for last year's disrespect that Coach Conque did to Texas State when he pulled his starters out in the beginning of the third quarter..and still had the gall to run up the score. xmadx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

MaximumBobcat
October 18th, 2008, 03:16 PM
7-0 UCA

BobcatTXST04
October 18th, 2008, 03:17 PM
UCA strikes first 7-0 UCA

BobcatTXST04
October 18th, 2008, 03:22 PM
TXST picks up 19 yards and a first down!

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Sounds like a pretty good homecoming crowd at the Wack today...I hope we can pull this one out.

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 03:27 PM
end of 1st 7-0 UCA. Bobcats driving with a 4th and 3 coming up.

BobcatTXST04
7-0 end of the first.

Bobcats have 4th and 3 to go.

TexasTerror
Where's that high-octane Bobcat offense? What's the story in San Marcos, fellas?

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 03:28 PM
And the 4th down conversion fails, because for some reason we try to throw the freakin' ball with KB in the backfield. Really?

MaximumBobcat
October 18th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Where's that high-octane Bobcat offense? What's the story in San Marcos, fellas?

the game just started buddy.

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 03:30 PM

Texas State has only had the ball twice. UCA's first scoring drive took 7 minutes off the clock.

BobcatTXST04
October 18th, 2008, 03:30 PM
I don't know what's happening to us today... our offense explodes .... and sputters...

Our defense hasn't made a significant stop yet

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Apparently a few NFL scouts at the game looking at Nathan Brown.

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 03:32 PM
13-0 UCA, XP pending.

F'ing A.

TexasTerror
October 18th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Reality hits for Bobcats...we'll see if they can gain some ground. Didn't TXST have the first possession? Bobcats loss would not really hurt them as far as playoffs goes...

BobcatTXST04
October 18th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Brown scores again.

14 - 0

bobcatfan06
Wow, UCA's current coach is 9-0 against teams from Texas during his tenure (2006)

bobcatfan06
Reality hits for Bobcats...we'll see if they can gain some ground. Didn't TXST have the first possession? Bobcats loss would not really hurt them as far as playoffs goes...

Yeah drove to the 47 and had to punt, then drove to the 35 and failed on the 4th down.

JoshUCA
October 18th, 2008, 03:35 PM
GO BEARS!!!

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Bobcats WR need new gloves...2 big drops on wide open catches down the field

MaximumBobcat
October 18th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Shak goes 43 yds down to the red zone

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 03:38 PM
WOOOOO, 40 yards to Rivas!!!! 1st and 10 Bobcats at the 12

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I luvs me some Shak. That dude is fast.

BobcatTXST04
1st and goal at the 7

MaximumBobcat
TD CATS

14-7 UCA

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Penalty on the Bears, 2nd and goal at the 7 for the Cats

bobcatfan06
TD CATS

14-7 UCA

Dammit, KTSW feed is slow online.

BobcatTXST04
TD CATS!!!!!!!!!

EAT EM UP CATS!!!!!!!!!!!

MaximumBobcat
October 18th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Dammit, KTSW feed is slow online.

i'm listening to ktsw too.

BobcatTXST04
October 18th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I'm trying alternative, low like Max suggested

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I'm trying alternative, low like Max suggested

???

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Wooo, a defensive stop by the Bobcats!!

MaximumBobcat
October 18th, 2008, 03:45 PM
OUR D HELD THE BEARS...WOOOOOOO

BobcatTXST04
October 18th, 2008, 03:45 PM
On the KTSW site, you'll see four servers to stream from.

Primary: High ll Low

Alternative: High ll Low

try the alternative low and see if it helps

**Update: Try the UCA server. They're in Arkansas, but for some reason they don't seem to be having the trouble that KTSW is. http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=home&sportid=1 ***

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 03:53 PM

Ahh, thanks.

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 03:55 PM

**Update: Try the UCA server. They're in Arkansas, but for some reason they don't seem to be having the trouble that KTSW is. http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=home&sportid=1 ***

KTSW is such a waste of money. Worthless. I can't believe they can't even get a decent online stream. Just about as bad as the Star, almost.

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 03:57 PM
F. 1st and goal Bears. Our D-line is getting dominated.

Bearable
October 18th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Touchdown Central Arkansas!!!! 21-7

BobcatTXST04
October 18th, 2008, 03:58 PM
21-7 UCA scores again...

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Dang. 21-7 and their RB has almost 90 yards and 2 TD's at the half.

JoshUCA
October 18th, 2008, 03:59 PM
GO BEARS!!!

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Any kind of attendance estimate?

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 04:06 PM
WOOOOO TD BOBCATS!! Cameron Luke is the man.

BobcatTXST04
TD TXST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CATS!!!!

EAT EM UP!!!!!

MaximumBobcat
TD LUKE!!!!!!!!!!!

JoshUCA
Dang it!!!!!

TexasTerror
October 18th, 2008, 04:07 PM
WOOOOO TD BOBCATS!! Cameron Luke is the man.

No question there -- what'd that all-SLC WR do now? xconfusedx

MaximumBobcat
October 18th, 2008, 04:08 PM
21-14 UCA half.

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 04:08 PM
No question there -- what'd that all-SLC WR do now? xconfusedx

18 yd TD catch.

BobcatTXST04
October 18th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Hey Terror,

I heard you guys have still held McN to 14 pts so far. Hopefully your QB can regain his rhythm.

TexasTerror
October 18th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Hey Terror,

I heard you guys have still held McN to 14 pts so far. Hopefully your QB can regain his rhythm.

21-10 now...

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Well, here we go...time for a gutcheck Bobcats.

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Holy Crap, another defensive stop for the Bobcats.

MaximumBobcat
October 18th, 2008, 04:37 PM
big stop by the bobcats....held the bears on their first drive to start the 2nd half

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Ugh...2nd and goal at the 1 for the Bears. Bobcats whiffing on tackles left and right on Grimes.

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 04:51 PM
WOOOOO FG BLocked by the CATS!!!

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Cats down to the 24, C'mon, Bobcats!!!

MaximumBobcat
October 18th, 2008, 04:54 PM
DILLARD WITH HUGE CATCH!!!

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 04:57 PM
21-17 UCA. FG by Ireland is good.

MaximumBobcat
October 18th, 2008, 04:59 PM
stupid playcall by wright to have luke throw the ball on 2nd and 4

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Missed FG. Bobcats still down by 4. Bobcats opponents are 3-13 on FG's this year. Wow.

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 05:10 PM
F. Fumble by the Bobcats, Bears return it to the 8. MOTHER F'ER!!!

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 05:13 PM
TD Bears.28-17

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Ugh, valiant effort by the Bobcats. At least we didn't give up 80. Or even 40 for that matter. Offense kinda sputtered along all day, but they gave it a good fight. Definitely lots of improvement from 2 weeks ago against SUU.

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Well, TD Bobcats. 31-24. Need the onside to work to perfection.

MaximumBobcat
October 18th, 2008, 05:36 PM
31-24 F

bobcatfan06
October 18th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Dang, UCA recovers. Ballgame 31-24. Hell of an effort by the defense (considering where we have been earlier this year, holding UCA to 31 points is pretty good)

BEAR
October 18th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I was surprised by this game. UCA ran the ball 49 times and passes 22! Hmm..and coach had so many different players in the game...what was his line of thinking in this one? Surprise the Cats by running the ball? Time of possession game? Coach really surprises me with his play calling ability..fans just never know what team will show up..the pass team..very successful or the run team..the one that has had a tough year. Either way it was a win...2-0 and SELA to go! xthumbsupx xlolx