PDA

View Full Version : It's Snowing and -100 below in He!!: jackson State -vs- Ms. State

jstate83
October 14th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Will take place on September 5th, 2009 in StarkVegas.:D
For sport's fans in this state, this is no less than shocking.
Never in a million year's did anyone see this comming.
Shat was crazy around here yesterday.

And as you can guess, Southern Mississippi fans are about to have a stroke over this.
xlmaox xlmaox

Jackson Stae and Mississippi State to meet in 2009. (http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20081014/NEWS/810140374&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL)

Jackson State University and Mississippi State University's football teams will meet in Starkville next fall, marking the first time one of the state's Southeastern Conference schools plays a team from a historically black school in football.

JSU coach Rick Comegy confirmed the agreement. The game, scheduled for Sept. 5, will be held at MSU's 55,082-seat Scott Field in Starkville.

Though MSU and the University of Mississippi have played Jackson State, Mississippi Valley State University and Alcorn State University in other sports, they've never met in football. The University of Southern Mississippi has twice hosted Jackson State in football, beating the Tigers 17-7 in 1987 and 55-7 in 2002.

The expected payout JSU's athletic department will receive from the game will boost its $6 million budget next season. "I just think it's a great opportunity to get a game like this, and I appreciate (MSU) Coach (Sylvester) Croom and the administration for giving us an opportunity to finally play a big game like this," Comegy said. "Maybe the dividends from this game will be able to help our football program. I think it'll be a recruiting tool as well.

89Hen
October 14th, 2008, 11:17 AM
the first time one of the state's Southeastern Conference schools plays a team from a historically black school in football.
I can't imagine two, in-state Division I teams not playing each other in football. xeyebrowx xsmiley_wix

grizband
October 14th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I can't imagine two, in-state Division I teams not playing each other in football. xeyebrowx xsmiley_wix
I see what you did there... xthumbsupx

DSUrocks07
October 14th, 2008, 11:42 AM

xlolx xlolx xlolx

This is unprecedented!!! xshockedandawedx xeekx xeekx xeekx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xoopsx xoopsx

dbackjon
October 14th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Holy smokes - Ole Miss and MSU have never played one of the HBCU's??

DSUrocks07
October 14th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Will take place on September 5th, 2009 in StarkVegas.:D
For sport's fans in this state, this is no less than shocking.
Never in a million year's did anyone see this comming.
Shat was crazy around here yesterday.

And as you can guess, Southern Mississippi fans are about to have a stroke over this.
xlmaox xlmaox

Jackson Stae and Mississippi State to meet in 2009. (http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20081014/NEWS/810140374&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL)

Jackson State University and Mississippi State University's football teams will meet in Starkville next fall, marking the first time one of the state's Southeastern Conference schools plays a team from a historically black school in football.

JSU coach Rick Comegy confirmed the agreement. The game, scheduled for Sept. 5, will be held at MSU's 55,082-seat Scott Field in Starkville.

Though MSU and the University of Mississippi have played Jackson State, Mississippi Valley State University and Alcorn State University in other sports, they've never met in football. The University of Southern Mississippi has twice hosted Jackson State in football, beating the Tigers 17-7 in 1987 and 55-7 in 2002.

The expected payout JSU's athletic department will receive from the game will boost its $6 million budget next season. "I just think it's a great opportunity to get a game like this, and I appreciate (MSU) Coach (Sylvester) Croom and the administration for giving us an opportunity to finally play a big game like this," Comegy said. "Maybe the dividends from this game will be able to help our football program. I think it'll be a recruiting tool as well.

I don't know how much getting your azz handed to you by MSU can help your recruiting xeyebrowx

jstate, you need to tell Comegy that he needs to get his time machine and make it 2007 again if you want a chance to knock them off...

DSUrocks07
October 14th, 2008, 11:48 AM
I figure that having Ole Miss playing JSU would be on the level of dividing by 0.

http://shhac.info/x/b/divide_by_zero.jpg

jstate83
October 14th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Holy smokes - Ole Miss and MSU have never played one of the HBCU's??

Ole Miss and Mississippi StaTe don't even play USM so you know neither one of us thought this would ever happen.
This caught the Mississippi sport's world like a heavyweight left-right combo out of the blue.xeekx
People can't believe this is even happening. xlolx

People are literally shocked because there was no rumor's, no whisper's, no nothing until yesterday at Comegy's weekly luncheon.

jstate83
October 14th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I don't know how much getting your azz handed to you by MSU can help your recruiting xeyebrowx

jstate, you need to tell Comegy that he needs to get his time machine and make it 2007 again if you want a chance to knock them off...

xrolleyesx
Whatever you want to read into it.xsmhx
Recruiting in this state is light-year's different and has an entirely different flavor from anything in your area.
They dynamic's are totally different.

BTW:
I wonder if getting your arses handed to you in less than 1qtr did anything for your recruiting last year.

jstate83
October 14th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I figure that having Ole Miss playing JSU would be on the level of dividing by 0.

http://shhac.info/x/b/divide_by_zero.jpg

I'm sure Deleware think the same about playing ya'll the way they ran through your football program like shat through a goose.

And had the nerve to talk shat to them all them years.
What's 30 plus point's in 1qtr divided by the 0 point's you put up until garbage time. xlolx

You talking a lot of shat for a team that got exposed as much as ya'll did.
JSU may have lost those playoff games but I can tell you nobody kicked our arse 34-0 in the 1st qtr.xlolx

DSUrocks07
October 14th, 2008, 12:03 PM
xrolleyesx
Whatever you want to read into it.xsmhx
Recruiting in this state is light-year's different and has an entirely different flavor from anything in your area.
They dynamic's are totally different.

BTW:
I wonder if getting your arses handed to you in less than 1qtr did anything for your recruiting last year.

Just jokes my friend xlolx
I know for sure that you have players and students who have friends and family that go to both schools.xnodx
Nothing at all like D-Ware xnonono2x
Giv'em hell Tigers xthumbsupx

DSUrocks07
October 14th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I'm sure Deleware think the same about playing ya'll the way they ran through your football program like shat through a goose.

And had the nerve to talk shat to them all them years.
What's 30 plus point's in 1qtr divided by the 0 point's you put up until garbage time. xlolx

You talking a lot of shat for a team that got exposed as much as ya'll did.
JSU may have lost those playoff games but I can tell you nobody kicked our arse 34-0 in the 1st qtr.xlolx

xeyebrowx

I was referring to your thread title. If hell freezes over when this game happens, then taking on Ole Miss would be like the destruction of the space-time continuum (i.e. dividing by zero) xlolx xlolx xlolx

We know what happened to us last November. But the week leading up to the game was the most fun I've had in years xthumbsupx
As I'm sure it will be for you as well.

GeauxLions94
October 14th, 2008, 01:49 PM

Imagine it as LSU won't play any in-state FCS school, but will pay Appy State, Western Illinois, etc., to come to Baton Rouge.

Nice job J-State!

appfan2008
October 14th, 2008, 02:19 PM
well congrats to jackson state and best of luck to you next year against msu

jstate83
October 14th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Rick Cleveland
Clarion Ledger

More detail's on game---payout---Opinion article. (http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20081014/COL0504/810140328/1177/SPORTS)

Jackson State and Mississippi State will announce today that they will open the 2009 football season by playing each other in football for the first time. The game, of course, will be played at Starkville and JSU is expected to receive the biggest payday in the history of the school.

My take: Good for Mississippi State, good for Jackson State and good for Mississippi football, period.

Go...gate
October 14th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Good job by both schools! xhurrayx

UMass922
October 14th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Hey, Maine went down to Starkville a few years ago and came back with a win, so you never know. And Maine was only a middle-of-the-pack A-10 team that year, IIRC.

Anyway, congrats on getting the game, and good luck!

catamount man
October 14th, 2008, 06:54 PM
GOOD LUCK JACKSON STATE!!!!!!!!!!!! xthumbsupx

Hansel
October 15th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Miss St 100
Jackson St 7

BEAR
October 15th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Wow! An in-state game with msu..I wonder if ole' frank broyles will feel pressured for Arkansas to play Ark. State or UCA now?.............................................. .................................................. ...........................nah...just divide it by 0. xmadx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

jstate83
October 15th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Miss St 100
Jackson St 7

And ya'll are playing WHO? xlolx

Mr. Tiger
October 16th, 2008, 12:37 AM
I can't wait for this game. It will be a sellout. I just hope I can find a ticket. xsmhx

jstate83
October 16th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I can't wait for this game. It will be a sellout. I just hope I can find a ticket. xsmhx

That there my friend may be the problem.xsmhx
Every MSU fan that usually skip the first game will be at this one along with half of Jackson trying to get in.xlolx