CentDukesFan
October 14th, 2008, 08:35 AM
JMU vs BYE

Seven Would Be Nice
October 14th, 2008, 08:51 AM
ASU GSU. No contest, its the GoTW.

mcveyrl
October 14th, 2008, 08:54 AM
I went with The Citadel at Furman. A must win for both teams. I know Furman will only have three losses if they lose, but I think they'll need some wiggle room with the rest of their schedule.

For those that may ask, I don't think the loser of UR-UMass is out of the playoff hunt, they will be on the edge.

danefan
October 14th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Richmond-Umass for me. Looks like a must win for Richmond or else a very good team may miss the playoffs.

DSUrocks07
October 14th, 2008, 08:56 AM
I took A&M at Southern. Very important for the Rattlers if they want to make ANY argument for an at-large bid. And plus with two of the best traveling fanbases in FCS football, its going to be rockin in the stands. xthumbsupx

Wish I could go tho...xwhistlex

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 14th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Richmond-Umass for me. Looks like a must win for Richmond or else a very good team may miss the playoffs.

I agree.

AppAlum2003
October 14th, 2008, 08:58 AM
JMU vs BYE

Do you think that Bye will kick to McGee?

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 14th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Do you think that Bye will kick to McGee?

There is a good chance that happens. Although I heard Bye was discussing a strategy where the punter just runs back to take the safety instead of punting to him.

Ivytalk
October 14th, 2008, 09:02 AM
I went with App State at GSU, although it was a tough decision. Several other great games this week!

PurpleandGold
October 14th, 2008, 09:05 AM
I voted Cal Poly/SDSU. Both teams have their back against the wall, and CP needs to beat a ranked team to justify their high ranking. This will likely be their last chance to do that this season. SDSU isn't necessarily out of it with a fourth loss, but it won't be easy with SIU and NDSU still on the schedule.

ASUMountaineer
October 14th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Richmond - UMass for reason stated above. Richmond must win this game to keep their playoff hopes alive.

mcveyrl
October 14th, 2008, 09:09 AM
I think that Richmond will get a playoff bid if it loses to UMass and runs the table (which it would have to do). They would be 8-4 with losses to Villanova (who might be a seed), JMU (who might be a seed) and UMass (who might be a playoff team). Their worse loss might be to UVa who is coming on strong and looking to be between poor and mediocre in FBS.

They would have a win over W&M (which is looking like a good win) and Delaware (which is not) and a great win at Elon.

I think the loser of that game has to run the table to get in, though.

ASUG8
October 14th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Citadel/FU here. The homer in me wanted ASU/GSU, but I think the battle of SC will be a good one. I think I called 24-21 FU on that one yesterday, so we'll see how good/poor a prognosticator I am.

RabidRabbit
October 14th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I voted Cal Poly/SDSU. Both teams have their back against the wall, and CP needs to beat a ranked team to justify their high ranking. This will likely be their last chance to do that this season. SDSU isn't necessarily out of it with a fourth loss, but it won't be easy with SIU and NDSU still on the schedule.

Both teams REALLY NEED THIS WIN. xthumbsupx I can see another tight game, but sure hope that doesn't go to OT. Jacks seem to let those games get away from them. Man, if Jacks would have pulled that 2OT win vs McNeese, would Jacks be about top 10?xmadx

dbackjon
October 14th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Cal-Poly SDSU for those of you that realize that football is played west of the Mississippi...

Dukie95
October 14th, 2008, 09:25 AM
#9@#10 > #5@#21 > #2@NR

IABison
October 14th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Cal-Poly SDSU for those of you that realize that football is played west of the Mississippi...

I'll be in Cedar Falls for NDSU-UNI. Cedar Falls is west of the Mississippi (although just barely!) xcoolx

ASUMountaineer
October 14th, 2008, 09:40 AM
I think that Richmond will get a playoff bid if it loses to UMass and runs the table (which it would have to do). They would be 8-4 with losses to Villanova (who might be a seed), JMU (who might be a seed) and UMass (who might be a playoff team). Their worse loss might be to UVa who is coming on strong and looking to be between poor and mediocre in FBS.

They would have a win over W&M (which is looking like a good win) and Delaware (which is not) and a great win at Elon.

I think the loser of that game has to run the table to get in, though.

I think you've answered this already, BUUUUUUUUUUUUT...do you think ASU would get in the playoffs at 8-4 with losses to LSU, JMU, and 2 losses out of either GSU/Furman/Wofford? I think they would, and that may mean another 8-4 team would be out. It would be interesting if Richmond and ASU, both at 8-4, made the playoffs.

RabidRabbit
October 14th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I'll be in Cedar Falls for NDSU-UNI. Cedar Falls is west of the Mississippi (although just barely!) xcoolx

The game in Cedar Falls will also be a major MVFC test. IF NDSU does pull the upset, then this has MAJOR ramifications for UNI. Likewise, if YSU pulls a home surprise on SIU. IMHO, tho, neither upset will happen.

It may be that the top two teams in the MVFC turn out to be WIU and SDSU. WIU demonstrated that they're an upper dog with the road win at NDSU. SDSU won't be MVFC road "tested" until the last two weeks of the season.

OLDMAIN80
October 14th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Picked ASU/GSU but I will be following the Richmand/UMass and Citadel/Furman games as well.

mcveyrl
October 14th, 2008, 09:50 AM
I think you've answered this already, BUUUUUUUUUUUUT...do you think ASU would get in the playoffs at 8-4 with losses to LSU, JMU, and 2 losses out of either GSU/Furman/Wofford? I think they would, and that may mean another 8-4 team would be out. It would be interesting if Richmond and ASU, both at 8-4, made the playoffs.

I do think ASU would get in and I think that ASU would probably get in over Richmond if it came down to that. But, I don't think it will. If ASU is somehow 8-4, I think it's more likely that their losses are to Wofford and/or Elon and they're in.

If both are 8-4, who do you put in over one or the other? Those are two strong teams with 8 D-I wins. I would put both of them in over an 8-3 team that had a DII on the schedule.

AshevilleApp2
October 14th, 2008, 09:53 AM
I had to go with NDSU/UNI. Bison out of playoff hunt with a loss. Go UNI!

89Hen
October 14th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Cedar Falls is west of the Mississippi (although just barely!) xcoolx
It wasn't this spring. xeyebrowx

elcid96
October 14th, 2008, 10:04 AM
I went with The Citadel at Furman. A must win for both teams. I know Furman will only have three losses if they lose, but I think they'll need some wiggle room with the rest of their schedule.

For those that may ask, I don't think the loser of UR-UMass is out of the playoff hunt, they will be on the edge.

I picked it for the same reason. Both teams will need to win this game to stay in the hunt for the playoffs.

blueballs
October 14th, 2008, 10:17 AM
If you've ever attended an ASU/GSU contest you'll know why I say it is the GOTY, even if there are other important games as well... as great an atmosphere as you'll find in college football- at either place. xpeacex

813Jag
October 14th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Southern/FAMU xhomerx xhomerx xhomerx xhomerx

813Jag
October 14th, 2008, 11:33 AM
I took A&M at Southern. Very important for the Rattlers if they want to make ANY argument for an at-large bid. And plus with two of the best traveling fanbases in FCS football, its going to be rockin in the stands. xthumbsupx

Wish I could go tho...xwhistlex
Add to that, the fact that the SWAC has 0 FCS wins this game is huge for Southern. They let one slip away against Tennessee St.

Bearkat-Backer
October 14th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Central Arkansas at Texas State

We will get to see if Texas state is for real.

ngineer
October 14th, 2008, 11:57 AM
I agree with the ASU/GSU. If GSU wins, it signals "they're baaaaack".

appfan2008
October 14th, 2008, 02:30 PM
ASU/GSU... borderline homer vote but being that it is leading the voting... I am not alone!

jus10asu
October 14th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I'm going with ASU/GSU, this is a big game because App has to show that they can put a full game together and do it in the stink. And if GSU loses their playoff hopes are gonna take a hit.xpeacex

Big Dawg
October 14th, 2008, 03:42 PM
FAMU vs. SU...it's one of the longest running FCS rivalries.

This is one game that should ALWAYS be played. I don't care what anyone says.

BobcatTXST04
October 14th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Southland Conference will have it's most important weekend of the season, and it's only week 2.

UCA and TXST will be huge since UCA beat SHSU and TXST beat MSU. The winner of this game will have the best chance of winning the SLC and going to the playoffs.

Equally huge will be the MSU and SHSU game. The winner stays in the hunt for the conference championship and playoffs and the loser will be all but eliminated from the race.

Additionally, I want to see what SELA and SFA are capable of. Both have had good wins recently and it should be interesting to see who comes out on top of this one.

KiddBrewer
October 14th, 2008, 05:08 PM
cal poly/sdsu

The Cats
October 14th, 2008, 05:12 PM
ASU GSU. No contest.

for once you are right.... no contest - UNC-T wins..... xcoffeex

Go...gate
October 14th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Colgate-Cornell. One of College Football's oldest and most-played rivalries. On of the last football remnants of the old "Upstate New York Big Three" (Colgate-Cornell-Syracuse). There was a time when "Big-Time" football in the east included these three teams as well as Army, New York University, Columbia and Fordham and most of the schools played each other each year.

813Jag
October 14th, 2008, 06:33 PM
FAMU vs. SU...it's one of the longest running FCS rivalries.

This is one game that should ALWAYS be played. I don't care what anyone says.
My wife will be upset when we get to Mumford and the 100 isn't there. xlolx

blackfordpu
October 14th, 2008, 07:24 PM
No McNeese @ Sam Houston?

McNeese75
October 14th, 2008, 07:37 PM
No McNeese @ Sam Houston?

Not after last week xrolleyesx

Big Dawg
October 14th, 2008, 08:01 PM
My wife will be upset when we get to Mumford and the 100 isn't there. xlolx

There are gonna be ALOT of upset Rattlers when they get to Mumford and find out that the Marching 100 won't be there...The 100 should be at this game even though I understand why they aren't.

You just better make sure you don't tell her that...xlolx xlolx xlolx

813Jag
October 14th, 2008, 08:49 PM
There are gonna be ALOT of upset Rattlers when they get to Mumford and find out that the Marching 100 won't be there...The 100 should be at this game even though I understand why they aren't.

You just better make sure you don't tell her that...xlolx xlolx xlolx
I'm not saying a word until the game starts. Then I'm gonna look like this: xeekx xconfusedx

Saint3333
October 15th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Richmond - UMass for reason stated above. Richmond must win this game to keep their playoff hopes alive.

ASU @ GSU same thing for GSU. I'm not counting the eagles out of the playoffs just yet. They lost to Wofford and Elon by 2 points a piece. They are a young team that is getting better each week, I hope they wait at least one more week though.

The ASU - GSU games historically are some of the best regular season battles in the nation.

appfan2008
October 15th, 2008, 08:31 AM
ASU @ GSU same thing for GSU. I'm not counting the eagles out of the playoffs just yet. They lost to Wofford and Elon by 2 points a piece. They are a young team that is getting better each week, I hope they wait at least one more week though.

The ASU - GSU games historically are some of the best regular season battles in the nation.

I am so glad it is on tv... I had to listen to both jmu and samford on the radio... AWFUL... this time I can listen to david and watch the action

OL FU
October 15th, 2008, 08:36 AM
I picked Cal Poly SDSU due to Poly's ranking in the polls and having a chance to prove they deserve it.xnodx

mcveyrl
October 15th, 2008, 09:05 AM
I am so glad it is on tv... I had to listen to both jmu and samford on the radio... AWFUL... this time I can listen to david and watch the action

Is it on SportSouth?

introvertedGSUfan
October 15th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Is it on SportSouth?

Yup!

Saint3333, we lost to Elon by two and Wofford by one.:D

Seven Would Be Nice
October 15th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Yup!

Yup! two plays from 5-1. But go ahead and pencil us in for losing to everyone else this year. :D :D :D :D

mcveyrl
October 15th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Yup!

Awesome. Lots of FCS on my telly this weekend between SportsSouth and Comcast. Setting the DVR and watching them all!!!

SUjagTILLiDIE
October 15th, 2008, 06:18 PM
SU vs Famu. The two schools and fan bases are just alike. Both are in the capital city of their state. Both share their city with a FBS school. Both fan bases travel really well. Both citys SUpport their team. Both fan bases are crazy, but SU fans are on another level xlolx .

Go...gate
October 16th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Colgate-Cornell. The ninety-first meeting of one of College Football's oldest and most-played rivalries. On of the last football remnants of the old "Upstate New York Big Three" (Colgate-Cornell-Syracuse). There was a time when "Big-Time" football in the east included these three teams as well as Army, New York University, Columbia and Fordham and most of the schools played each other each year.

Bump

19Duke97
October 16th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I went with UR v UMASS, I think Georgia Southern is essentially out already, no way I see them running the table.

DOME
October 17th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Probably a homer pick but I went with Panthers/Cows...NDSU needs to win to make an argument for the playoffs and UNI needs to win to make a run at the auto-bid...I don't think the valley will send more than two teams to the post season.

And for the record I'm pissed that BYU got worked by the Horned Frogs!