PDA

View Full Version : I-AA Breakdown 11/05

wvudsean
November 5th, 2005, 09:49 PM
By my count 42 teams still have mathmatical chances at making the dance (including 6 mid-majors)...

Note: Best record refers to the best record you can have in front of the committee (D2 and below games are thrown out)

I-AA Breakdown 11/05 (http://www.geocities.com/upsets/iaabreakdown1105.htm)

Use the link above to access the list, the HTML is too long for this page.

siugrad99
November 5th, 2005, 10:03 PM
You still show ILSU as a team that can make the playoffs, but with no chance at even being tied for the GFC & having 4 losses you can remove them from your list

wvudsean
November 5th, 2005, 10:05 PM
That was last year.

The criteria is 7 Division I wins, not 3 or less losses. You'll notice there are several teams still alive who can do no better than 7-4.

siugrad99
November 5th, 2005, 10:07 PM
You can "mathmatically" leave them on, but be realisitic with your list also and realize that there is no possible way a team in ILSU's situation makes the playoffs when 4 count them 4 teams are ahead of them in the standings. ILSU is a quality team, but they haven o chance to get in over SIU, YSU, WKU or UNI plain and simple

HPCAT
November 5th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Nicholls beat Texas if it comes to a tiebreaker between them. McNeese will have beaten both if they can beat Nicholls

TXST just beat MCN 49-7, so I am not sure what this comment means. :confused:

wvudsean
November 5th, 2005, 10:13 PM
It means I forgot to take it off of the sentence from last week. Was so busy trying to figure out the hurricane scenarios to realize that line became irrelevant tonight.

ISUMatt
November 5th, 2005, 10:17 PM
But we may have the 7 I-AA wins :) But, But, But, aww forget maybe next yr

siugrad99
November 5th, 2005, 10:26 PM
I know Matt, couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Wish it could have been different, but you stick by your team thick and thin and I respect that .

shakdaddy3
November 5th, 2005, 11:32 PM
even if it's a million to 1... theres still a chance...

ronpayne
November 6th, 2005, 12:23 AM
In your listing, you assume WCU will beat App, which it won't - not in Kidd Brewer anyways. I've been suprised with how well they are doing this year, but there isn't much a chance of them taking App in Boone this year. App wins SOCON title outright, takes a top 4 seed. They had a strong game vs. LSU today (LSU!!!!) and should do well in their next two games. Barring anything unforseen, thats what I predict! :)

vistamn
November 6th, 2005, 08:35 AM
By my count 42 teams still have mathmatical chances at making the dance (including 6 mid-majors)...

Note: Best record refers to the best record you can have in front of the committee (D2 and below games are thrown out)

I-AA Breakdown 11/05 (http://www.geocities.com/upsets/iaabreakdown1105.htm)

Use the link above to access the list, the HTML is too long for this page.
Overlooking the UNI Panthers will be your biggest error. Failing to include them at all in your count basically wipes your credibility at predicting.

wvudsean
November 6th, 2005, 09:00 AM
You'd be correct on UNI, not sure why I erased them after last week despite the win, I think I might have had their win total messed up. They're now reincluded with an updated Gateway synopsis up.

ISUMatt
November 6th, 2005, 09:02 AM
WKU is 6-3 with only 5 D-I wins right now, may want to update that!!

wvudsean
November 6th, 2005, 09:12 AM
I think I found the problem: Yahoo, when I did the sheet yesterday had WKU having beaten UNI. Which would explain why I thought UNI was gone and why I had WKU with still 2 losses.

rokamortis
November 6th, 2005, 09:13 AM
I think I found the problem: Yahoo, when I did the sheet yesterday had WKU having beaten UNI. Which would explain why I thought UNI was gone and why I had WKU with still 2 losses.

Yep - that got me too when doing my bracket

Umass74
November 6th, 2005, 09:18 AM
New Hampshire beat UMASS, UMASS beat Richmond, but Richmond and UNH do not play
Out of Conference SOS: Richmond (2 DI-A's/1 DI-AA), UMASS (1 DI-A/2 DI-AA's), UNH (3 DI-AA's)
Half the conference holds post-season dreams in varying capacities with 2 weeks left, not bad.

In your A10 write-up: Richmond only played one I-A (Vanderbilt). Other than that, thanks for a very useful page. Keep up the good work.

wvudsean
November 6th, 2005, 09:22 AM
That's now corrected as well. For whatever reason I thought they played Louisiana-Lafayette instead of the Patriot's Lafayette.

elkmcc
November 6th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Montana's best possible record would be 9-2, not 8-2 as you have it. A similar problem is there for a Gateway team. Nice work tho.

wvudsean
November 6th, 2005, 09:33 AM
9-2 in the program yes... but the committee does not look at wins over non-Division I teams, so that's why there's the D-I record listed next to the Overall record, and the best is based solely upon the D-I possibility.