PDA

View Full Version : Cal Poly @ South Dakota State

Kid Dakota
October 13th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Lets begin the talk.

Second time in three weeks a top ranked team visits the Jackrabbits. Two weeks ago was a barn burner with a lot of coulda - woulda - shoulda going on. The Rabbits NEED this one, the Mustangs are hungry to play. Who will win ? Can the Jacks stop Cal Polys offense? are these teams under ranked or over ranked ? or is the universe spinning out of control?

The Jacks lead the series 2-2 winning last two (corrected)

Chi Panther
October 13th, 2008, 10:34 PM
I voted SDSU....because if the they lose....the MVFC doesn't have a leg to stand on....xrotatehx xoopsx :(

slostang
October 13th, 2008, 11:24 PM
The last four games have all been great games. The serries is tied at 2-2. This is the rubber match and both teams need this game for the playoffs. I am expecting another great game.

2004: 14-7 CP
2005: 24-16 CP
2006: 29-28 SDSU
2007: 48-35 SDSU
2008: ??????

putter
October 13th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Still too bad the McNeese game didn't happen but Poly has rolled after the Montana game.

Poly -- 38
Rabbits - 35

LehighFan11
October 13th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Any TV or free Internet for this game?

Go Poly
October 14th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Another scary one.....it can go either way depending on special teams and ball handling....hoping for Poly to sneak out of there with a close win...

Benne
October 14th, 2008, 08:28 AM
I like a rested Rabbit team at home, but only if they can stop the run and tighten up on the corners

RabidRabbit
October 14th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Any TV or free Internet for this game?

I know SDSU charges $9.95 for a month of Internet Video or Audio. So the only way it will be available free is if Cal Poly makes it available.xtwocentsx

I will be trying to keep up with it in a game thread here. The Argus Leader has a free Live blog from the game. www.argusleader.com. Sports->Blogs->SDSU

slostang
October 14th, 2008, 10:03 AM
I know SDSU charges $9.95 for a month of Internet Video or Audio. So the only way it will be available free is if Cal Poly makes it available.xtwocentsx

I will be trying to keep up with it in a game thread here. The Argus Leader has a free Live blog from the game. www.argusleader.com. Sports->Blogs->SDSU

You can listen to the game free via the internet. Just click on the audio link (the video link will take you to the SDSU web page where you can pay to watch - I think it will be worth the money). Link: http://gopoly.com/index.php?p=sports&id=29891&tab=schedule

Stang Fever
October 14th, 2008, 12:04 PM
CANT WAIT for this game. I think POLY (offense) is to good for the Jacks Defense. and the POLY Defense is stable

LehighFan11
October 14th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Alright thanks guys, hopefully I'll be home to watch/listen.

slostang
October 14th, 2008, 12:50 PM
CANT WAIT for this game. I think POLY (offense) is to good for the Jacks Defense. and the POLY Defense is stable

How things have changed since your days of playing Stang Fever. It use to be that Cal Poly defense was AWESOME and we hope the offense would be stable.

The Jacks defense will present Cal Poly's offense with their toughest test to date. The Jacks have a great D-line led by All-American canidate Eric Schroeder.

I have a feeling that if the Jacks play it like last season and double Barden all game Tredale Tolver will have to have a big game against single coverage. I also expect to see some passes to the backs coming out of the backfield. It should be a great game.

mango43
October 14th, 2008, 01:29 PM
It's going to be a great one. If SDSU is fully healthy their D should be able to slow down Cal Poly's offense. I've been hungry for some football since the 2-point conversion failed against McNeese.

With the Jacks at home and their D being close to full strength, if not all the way there, the Jacks could take this one but it won't come easily

Kid Dakota
October 15th, 2008, 11:25 PM
I agree with all it will be a tight one SDSU by a FG

SeattleGriz
October 16th, 2008, 12:11 AM
I had to go with Cal Poly. I have seen a good amount of Cal Poly, but unfortunately, not enough of SDSU to make a really informed decision.

So, you go with what you know.

NDB
October 16th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I'll go with SDSU given their BYE.

This is definitely a game I'd go see (if I hadn't made the promise to never to return to Brookings following last years game. I've never seen a more poorly officiated game, with such obvious cheating by the home team, such poor hosts/local residents .... xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx ). :)

89rabbit
October 16th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I like a rested Rabbit team at home . . .

Me too.

jmc_jackrabbit
October 16th, 2008, 11:39 AM
I have it on good authority that all five of our previously injured defensive starters will start on Saturday night. That helps. Having Schroeder back eats up a double-team on most downs and really serves to free up DE Danny Batten. Look for Batten and LB Jimmy Rogers to have big games. Anybody who watched the McNeese game knows that Jimmy is highly motivated this week.

Over on the sdsufans.com board, a lot of us agree that Cal Poly is one of our favorite opponents. It's a quality program with great players who are really fun to watch. If you beat Cal Poly, you have really accomplished something. If you lose, you know you lost to a good team with great fans.

It should be a lot of fun.

BobcatTXST04
October 16th, 2008, 11:48 AM
This is certainly one of the more exciting games this weekend. SDSU certainly have the bye week and home field working for them, but Cal Poly could surprise them. I'll pick SDSU for this one, but only by a FG or so.

slostang
October 16th, 2008, 01:55 PM
This is certainly one of the more exciting games this weekend. SDSU certainly have the bye week and home field working for them, but Cal Poly could surprise them. I'll pick SDSU for this one, but only by a FG or so.

Cal Poly is also coming off a bye. In fact Cal Poly has had three byes in the last five weeks. One was unexpected due to the game with McNeese State being canceled due to hurricane Ike.

LehighFan11
October 17th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Is Noble going to play?

slostang
October 17th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Is Noble going to play?

Probably not.

His replacement is Jono Grayson. Grayson is a great RB and would start at most FCS schools but he is behind Noble and Mole. Jono ran for 2,180 yards and 28 TDs his senior year in high school. Last year he started three games filling in for Noble and Mole and ran for 308 yards on 38 carries for a 8.1 yards per rush average. He will make the loss of Noble a little easier.

unipanthers8907
October 17th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Cal Poly wins 28-23

grizband
October 17th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Probably not.

His replacement is Jono Grayson. Grayson is a great RB and would start at most FCS schools but he is behind Noble and Mole. Jono ran for 2,180 yards and 28 TDs his senior year in high school. Last year he started three games filling in for Noble and Mole and ran for 308 yards on 38 carries for a 8.1 yards per rush average. He will make the loss of Noble a little easier.
I missed something here, what happened to Noble? I'm guessing injury, but how long is he out?

slostang
October 17th, 2008, 02:01 PM
I missed something here, what happened to Noble? I'm guessing injury, but how long is he out?

Broke his hand. Same thing happened last year during fall camp and he did not miss a game. He played with a cast on his hand. If he misses this game I expect he will be back next week, but that is just a guess.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 17th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Cool Oct day in Brookings.....Jacks by 2 tds.

Mustang Man
October 17th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Looking forward to a great high scoring game. I like Cal Poly by a touchdown.

SiouxFallsJack
October 18th, 2008, 11:24 AM
I'm picking the Jacks to win 38-31.

JohnStOnge
October 18th, 2008, 11:30 AM
After watching McNeese's debacle against Texas State last week I'm a little shocked that the vote is as close as it is and that Cal Poly isn't way ahead.