PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Week 8

skinny_uncle
October 13th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Four in-conference games this week.

My picks are in bold:

Misery State @ Ill State (Home team wins.)
SIU @ Youngstown State (Dawgs need a road win and still have something to play for)
Indiana State @ WIU (The beat goes on for the Trees)
NDSU @ UNI (The Panthers handle the Bison in the DOME.)
Cal-Poly @ SDSU (The bunnies could use a big OOC win.)

BisonBacker
October 13th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Mo. State @ Ill State
SIU @ Youngstown State
Indiana State @ WIU
NDSU @ UNI
Cal-Poly @ SDSU

UNI Pike
October 13th, 2008, 01:32 PM
ILL ST

SIU - though this could be YSU vs NDSU part two, depending who YSU starts at QB

WIU - do I really need to "make" this pick?

UNI - NDSU is introduced to a dome where the crowd is not cheering for them for a change. UNI rushing D is the difference maker, forcing to Martens to pass (to anyone with a helmet). Sagarin has UNI favored by 9.

SDSU - this is really my tossup game, I can see it going either way

RabidRabbit
October 13th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Three in-conference games this week.

My picks are in bold:

Misery State @ Ill State (Home team wins.)
SIU @ Youngstown State (Dawgs need a road win and still have something to play for)
Indiana State @ WIU (The beat goes on for the Trees)
NDSU @ UNI (The Panthers handle the Bison in the DOME.)
Cal-Poly @ SDSU (The bunnies could use a big OOC win.)

Skinny did a FINE job on choices here. The Jacks/Stang game will be like the McNeese/SDSU game, but hopefully Rabbits can corral Stangs for a 3rd year is a row.

skinny_uncle
October 13th, 2008, 01:37 PM
ILL ST

UNI - NDSU is introduced to a dome where the crowd is not cheering for them for a change. UNI rushing D is the difference maker, forcing to Martens to pass (to anyone with a helmet).

That's when you flip a coin like I did.
:D

UNI Pike
October 13th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Home field has to count for something. Jacks praying for 17F and 30 MPH wind from the north.

leatherneck177
October 13th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Missouri State @ Ill State - Bears 34-31
SIU @ Youngstown State - Salukis 31-20
Indiana State @ WIU - Necks 24-13
NDSU @ UNI - Panthers 28-24
Cal-Poly @ SDSU - Rabbits 37-31

Thunderstruck84
October 13th, 2008, 01:47 PM
ILL ST

UNI - NDSU is introduced to a dome where the crowd is not cheering for them for a change. UNI rushing D is the difference maker, forcing to Martens to pass (to anyone with a helmet). Sagarin has UNI favored by 9.

I think you'll be surprised by the Bison fan following next Saturday. I still think UNI beats a reeling NDSU squad but the crowd won't be as partisan as some may expect.

FargoBison
October 13th, 2008, 01:47 PM
SDSU- I just believe that the Dakota States have some kind of hex on Cal Poly. CP has had some bizarre games against both teams and that has resulted in some tough losses.

WIU- The leathernecks get a nice break after beating NDSU in a very physical game.

SIU- I could see YSU making it interesting if their QB is healthy again but SIU is too much for the Penguins in the end

NDSU- I think the Bison breakthrough this week, it won't be easy but I just have this feeling.

skinny_uncle
October 13th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Missouri State @ Ill State - Bears 34-31
SIU @ Youngstown State - Salukis 31-20
Indiana State @ WIU - Necks 24-13
NDSU @ UNI - Panthers 28-24
Cal-Poly @ SDSU - Rabbits 37-31
24-13?????????????
Donaldson might score 24 by himself.

Before halftime.

UNI Pike
October 13th, 2008, 01:57 PM
IN ST scoring 13? They have scored 40 points in 6 games, with 21 of that in a game against MO ST. Not happening.

For the future - UNI women's rugby club 23 - IN ST 6.

DOME
October 13th, 2008, 02:03 PM
As much as I want the trees to get a win here I just don't see it happening...
I see Ill State coming to play
UNI is going to hit it hard and finish strong
I want the bunnies to win big in this one too...

leatherneck177
October 13th, 2008, 02:05 PM
24-13?????????????
Donaldson might score 24 by himself.

Before halftime.

A couple points. The Necks ALWAYS look past this game. Since 2003 they have had some close/sluggish games with them. Lately it has been the same thing.

2003 - 34-28 WIU
2004 - 29-27 WIU
2005 - 63-35 WIU
2006 - 46-41 WIU
2007 - 19-7 WIU

After the big win in Fargo, they are poised for a bit of an emotional letdown. Hopefully the big Homecoming crowd gets them up.

On top of that LB Jason Williams and QB Matt Barr left the NDSU game early due to injuries. Plus the starting FB, Javid Milton is out for the year with an ankle injury.

skinny_uncle
October 13th, 2008, 02:08 PM
A couple points. The Necks ALWAYS look past this game. Since 2003 they have had some close/sluggish games with them. Lately it has been the same thing.

2003 - 34-28 WIU
2004 - 29-27 WIU
2005 - 63-35 WIU
2006 - 46-41 WIU
2007 - 19-7 WIU

After the big win in Fargo, they are poised for a bit of an emotional letdown. Hopefully the big Homecoming crowd gets them up.

On top of that LB Jason Williams and QB Matt Barr left the NDSU game early due to injuries. Plus the starting FB, Javid Milton is out for the year with an ankle injury.

1. It's Homecoming.
2. Your second string could beat them.

FargoBison
October 13th, 2008, 02:09 PM

2003 - 34-28 WIU
2004 - 29-27 WIU
2005 - 63-35 WIU
2006 - 46-41 WIU
2007 - 19-7 WIU

You have Herb, it will be fine but you better heal up fast before UNI heads to town.

leatherneck177
October 13th, 2008, 02:10 PM
1. It's Homecoming.
2. Your second string could beat them.

Agreed, I just don't see it as the typical tree 40-50 point blowout loss.

MSUfan2010
October 13th, 2008, 02:11 PM
BRING ON THE 'BIRDS!!! Now is our chance to play spoiler and grab some of the Big Mo before the NDSU, UNI, SDSU stretch.

leatherneck177
October 13th, 2008, 02:12 PM
You have Herb, it will be fine but you better heal up fast before UNI heads to town.

You don't have to remind me about that game. I'm pretty sure WIU has had that one circled since last year's beating in Macomb.

JayJ79
October 13th, 2008, 02:51 PM
FOUR in-conference games this week.

Fixed it for you. I know, that advanced math is hard for you Salukis :p

As for the games, I pretty much agree with your picks. though I admit that picking SDSU over Cal Poly might be a bit of wishful thinking.

skinny_uncle
October 13th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Fixed it for you. I know, that advanced math is hard for you Salukis :p

As for the games, I pretty much agree with your picks. though I admit that picking SDSU over Cal Poly might be a bit of wishful thinking.
I'm assuming that SDSU being at home might be a factor.

JayJ79
October 13th, 2008, 02:58 PM
IN ST scoring 13? They have scored 40 points in 6 games, with 21 of that in a game against MO ST. Not happening.

Indiana State played SEMO (southeast missouri state), not MO ST.

UNI Pike
October 13th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Indiana State played SEMO (southeast missouri state), not MO ST.

Details, details. As a matter of fact, that makes even worse than I thought.

skinny_uncle
October 13th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Details, details. As a matter of fact, that makes even worse than I thought.

SEMO's only other win was against a DII.

MSUfan2010
October 13th, 2008, 04:25 PM
SEMO's only other win was against a DII.

Hey, thats my D2 school thank you very much.:)

A game which they should have lost. xoopsx

jmc_jackrabbit
October 14th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Mo. State @ Ill State
SIU @ Youngstown State Probably wishful thinking.
Indiana State @ WIU WIU can overlook the Trees, and still win by 24
NDSU @ UNI UNI tough at home. NDSU struggling a bit.
Cal-Poly @ SDSU One of my favorite opponents. Cal Poly is a great team and very fun to watch. SDSU gets its injured defenders back. Cal Poly has great offensive players, but so do we: QB Ryan Berry (1722 yards, 9 TDs); RB Kyle Minett (800 total yards, 10 TDs) and WR JaRon Harris (545 yards receiving, 5 TDs.)

BisonBacker
October 14th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Mo. State @ Ill State
SIU @ Youngstown State Probably wishful thinking.
Indiana State @ WIU WIU can overlook the Trees, and still win by 24
NDSU @ UNI UNI tough at home. NDSU struggling a bit.
Cal-Poly @ SDSU One of my favorite opponents. Cal Poly is a great team and very fun to watch. SDSU gets its injured defenders back. Cal Poly has great offensive players, but so do we: QB Ryan Berry (1722 yards, 9 TDs); RB Kyle Minett (800 total yards, 10 TDs) and WR JaRon Harris (545 yards receiving, 5 TDs.)

Do you really think so????xeekx

Khan4Cats
October 14th, 2008, 09:01 AM
I'm going with home teams again. I know its out on a limb. I think SIU has the best chance to get a road W, just think the Penguins might actually play angry and surprise. Missouri State could be motivated by their win over YSU, I just think the Redbirds hold at home.

Next week, I will not go with all home victories, but that is partly due to Indiana State playing at home.

JayJ79
October 14th, 2008, 02:20 PM
I'm going with home teams again. I know its out on a limb. I think SIU has the best chance to get a road W, just think the Penguins might actually play angry and surprise. Missouri State could be motivated by their win over YSU, I just think the Redbirds hold at home.

Next week, I will not go with all home victories, but that is partly due to Indiana State playing at home.

I'll be cheering for the Penguins to win over the Salukis.
Well, not actually cheering, but I'll be pulling for YSU in this instance.

mango43
October 14th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Home field has to count for something. Jacks praying for 17F and 30 MPH wind from the north.

I'm hoping its a little nicer than that, that would get kinda chilly without a shirt on

sfjackster
October 14th, 2008, 06:08 PM

It won't be that bad but party cloudy high is mid 60s with the evening cooling down to low 40s

UNIFanSince1983
October 14th, 2008, 07:18 PM
It'll be 72 and no wind at the UNI-Dome this weekend!