PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston defeats Se La in Huntsville

blackfordpu
November 5th, 2005, 09:13 PM
The Kats got their second conference win tonight by defeating the Southeastern LA Lions in Bowers Stadium. Wade Pate came off of the bench to go 16-22 (72.7%) for 260 yards and 3 tds. He also added 25 yards on the ground and another 2 tds. Player of the week?

Defense held its own. They gave up ALOT of yards but held at the crucial times. Had a four play goal line stand at the end of the 3rd(?) which would have made it a close game but the Kats held, got it back and went 98 yards for the score.

Great game for the Kats!

Sam Houston State 35 Southeastern Louisiana 18

Quarterback Wade Pate came off the bench in the first quarter to complete 16 of 22 passes for 260 yards and three touchdowns and rush for 25 yards and two more scores to lead Sam Houston State to a 35-18 Southland Conference football victory over Southeastern Louisiana Saturday at Bowers Staduim.

The game was televised to a national cable TV audience by College Sports Television (CSTV).

http://www.gobearkats.com/football/selalions.html

Complete stats: http://www.gobearkats.com/football/SAMFB08.HTM

TexasTerror
November 5th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Didn't quite a few folks pick the Lions against Sam?

Sam really won 35-10. SELA got a TD at the end of the game and it was a spectacular catch, so we'll give SELA the points.

Eat'em up Kats!

blackfordpu
November 5th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Gotta say, the refs proved once again that the SLC has the worst officiating crews in all of I-AA, maybe all of college football. :mad:

TexasTerror
November 5th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Nah, I didn't think the refs were all that bad tonight. Slow start though penalty-wise and then they were throwing laundry from left and right...

No fixing the clock repeatedly, which made me happy...

blackfordpu
November 6th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Are you kidding TT? They missed atleast two big pass interference calls in the first half. Many late flags thrown and they went crazy with personal foul calls.

TexasTerror
November 6th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Are you kidding TT? They missed atleast two big pass interference calls in the first half. Many late flags thrown and they went crazy with personal foul calls.

I forgot about those missed interference calls. How could I? I was listening to Coach compare the contact to what he sees in the WWE...

Late flags, I can agree there. I was fixing to call in the down and distance, then next thing I know, I see yellow in the secondary...

blackfordpu
November 6th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Hopefully FSN learned a lesson. Let wrestling guys do wrestling. Football is a whole different animal.

blackfordpu
November 6th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Another good article on Wade Pate's effort last night against Se La.

Pate comes off bench, leads SHSU to convincing 35-18 victory
By Cody Stark/Assistant Sports Editor

Sophomore quarterback Wade Pate has been sitting back, watching - waiting for his chance to shine.

His time finally came Saturday, and the sophomore from Arp made the most of the opportunity. Pate came off the bench and accounted for five Sam Houston State touchdowns to lead the Bearkats to a 35-18 romping over Southeastern Louisiana.

http://www.itemonline.com/articles/2005/11/06/sports/todays_sports/sports01.txt