PDA

View Full Version : Coaches Poll

smallcollegefbfan
October 13th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Top 10 Experiences Shakeup

SPARTANBURG, S.C. – In a wild week in the Football Championship Subdivision, three top-10 teams were beaten, with Richmond, New Hampshire and McNeese State all experiencing setbacks. The latest FCS Coaches Poll mirrors those results as only No. 1 James Madison and No. 2 Appalachian State held their respective spots.

The Dukes remained the unanimous No. 1 after a Scotty McGee 69-yard punt return for a touchdown with one second remaining gave JMU a 38-31 victory over Richmond.

New Hampshire got tripped up at home by fellow Colonial Athletic Association member William and Mary, 38-34. McNeese State, likewise, lost at home to fellow Southland Conference member Texas State, 45-42.

Completing the new top 10 this week were No. 3 Cal Poly, followed by Northern Iowa, Montana, Wofford, Massachusetts, Elon, Richmond and Villanova.

Jumping into the poll this week were No. 20 Weber State, No. 24 Hampton and No. 25 Georgia Southern.

The Wildcats, who are now 5-2, defeated Montana State, 35-12, Saturday to earn a spot in the rankings. The Pirates, 4-1, had a bye week last week. The Eagles, 3-3, also were idle.

Moving out of the polls following losses were Delaware, Eastern Washington and The Citadel.

The CAA, Missouri Valley Football Conference and the Southern Conference continue to lead the way with each conference being represented by five schools in the latest poll. The CAA has four teams in the top 10, while the SoCon has three.

The FCS Coaches Poll is based exclusively on a voting panel of head coaches in the FCS under the cooperation of the Collegiate Commissioners Association (CCA) and the American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) and is administered by the Southern Conference. Two head coaches from each of the 14 FCS conferences participate in the voting.

Team (1st Votes) Record Points Previous Ranking
1. James Madison (28) 6-1 700 1
2. Appalachian State 4-2 664 2
3. Cal Poly 3-1 599 7
4. Northern Iowa 4-2 589 8
5. Montana 5-1 548 10
6. Wofford 4-1 526 9
7. Massachusetts 4-2 494 11
8. Elon 6-1 457 12
9. Richmond 4-3 453 5
10. Villanova 4-1 430 13
11. New Hampshire 4-1 420 4
12. McNeese State 3-2 396 3
13. Central Arkansas 5-1 385 14
14. Southern Illinois 3-2 316 15
15. Liberty 6-0 302 16
16. North Dakota State 3-3 287 6
17. Northern Arizona 5-1 281 17
18. Western Illinois 4-2 284 19
19. Furman 5-2 200 21
20. Weber State 5-2 166 NR
21. Tennessee State 5-1 130 24
22. South Dakota State 3-3 87 23
23. Jacksonville State 4-2 69 18
24. Hampton 4-1 58 NR
25. Georgia Southern 3-3 27 NR

Other receiving votes (pts. in parentheses): South Carolina State (26), William and Mary (24), Delaware (23), San Diego (21), Eastern Washington (18), Maine (16), Harvard (16), Texas State (14), The Citadel (13), Sam Houston State (9), Montana State (7), Lafayette (6), Northwestern State (6), Prairie View A&M (6), Grambling State (5), Southern (5), Northeastern (4), Colgate (3), UT Martin (3), UC Davis (3), Dayton (2), Florida A&M (2).

BisonBacker
October 13th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Western Ill. beats NDSU and is still ranked behind NDSU? The fact that we are ranked at all is comical.

Dane96
October 13th, 2008, 12:21 PM
And why is W&M not getting more love? Arguably, they have done more than Jax State.

ToTheLeft
October 13th, 2008, 12:22 PM
McNeese and NDSU don't belong in the top 20. It's frustrating to see LU at 6-0 stuck behind that refuse.

putter
October 13th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Northern Arizona, Weber St, and even South Dakota St have big arguments to be ahead of NDSU.

IaaScribe
October 13th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Richmond with three losses still ahead of Villanova, who beat the Spiders handily. Whatever.

BisonBacker
October 13th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Don't worry next week they will be. xsmhx

introvertedGSUfan
October 13th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Finally! We're back on...the bottom.xlolx

smallcollegefbfan
October 13th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Richmond with three losses still ahead of Villanova, who beat the Spiders handily. Whatever.

Which proves what I have felt for years and that most voters just slot teams and will only drop or raise a team so much.

BisonBacker
October 13th, 2008, 12:32 PM
McNeese and NDSU don't belong in the top 20. It's frustrating to see LU at 6-0 stuck behind that refuse.

First of all neither NDSU or McNeese should be referred to as refuse so get a clue. McNeese does belong ahead of you, NDSU doesn't.

GeauxLions94
October 13th, 2008, 12:33 PM

Look at your schedule so far and be thankful that you're 15. You're wins (including Youngstown State) quite frankly aren't very good. You might have an argument with NDSU, who lost YSU but beat Southern Illinois.

As for you being ahead of McNeese, considering that could have beaten North Carolina, beat a good DII team in Delta State and won in Brookings (no easy feat there).

Liberty
Aug 30 - W vs. No Greenville, 49-10
Sep 6 - W vs. Glenville St, 44-27
Sep 13 - W at Western Carolina, 19-16
Sep 20 - Open
Sep 27 - W at Youngstown St, 31-28
Oct 4 - W at Coastal Carolina, 43-38
Oct 11 - W vs. Stony Brook, 33-0
Oct 18 - vs. Lafayette, 3:30 PM

North Dakota State
Aug 28 - W vs. Austin Peay, 41-6
Sep 6 - W vs. Cent Conn St, 50-14
Sep 13 - L at Wyoming, 13-16
Sep 20 - L at Youngstown St, 24-32
Sep 27 - Open
Oct 4 - W vs. Southern Ill, 35-27
Oct 11 - L vs. Western Ill, 22-27
Oct 18 - at Northern Iowa, 5:05 PM

McNeese State
Aug 30 - L at North Carolina, 27-35
Sep 6 - W vs. Delta State, 52-27
Sep 13 - Cancelled vs. Cal Poly
Sep 20 - Open
Sep 27 - W vs. So Virginia, 63-7
Oct 4 - W at South Dakota St, 46-44 3OT
Oct 11 - L vs. Texas State, 42-45
Oct 18 - at Sam Houston St, 3:00 PM

UNI Pike
October 13th, 2008, 12:33 PM
UNI at #4 is maybe a bit high. 6-8? Perhaps it is how we are winning this year that makes me nervous - we win ugly. When you watch the game film, we just do not look like a throughly overpowering team.

That said, the offense is definitely improving from week to week. QB Grace is making better passing decisions. The NDSU & WIU games will dictate how the season plays out.

FargoBison
October 13th, 2008, 12:36 PM
NDSU was #6 and they fell 10 spots after losing to a top 25 team, even though they were overrated to begin I think it would hard to expect a bigger drop. As for Liberty they don't play anyone, hard to earn better then a top 20 ranking when that is the case.

NorCalJack
October 13th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I'm a little suprised that Western Illinois only moved up one spot. Say what you want about NDSU, but they had won 15 straight at home and beat a good So. Ill. team last week. It is not easy to win in the Fargo Dome, if anyone should know it would SDSU. We have not won there since 1963.

ToTheLeft
October 13th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Bison on the prowl. :P

All of our big wins are on the road. That's why they aren't the huge blowouts everyone wants to see to push us upwards in the rankings. It's a shame the JMU home game is NEXT year, and not this year... would have been good to prove that we belong among the best of the best.

That being said, there's only so much of our schedule we can control. I'm sure we would have rather played anyone else in the nation this weekend, but we got stuck with Big South member Stony Brook... that' just how it is, and how it will be, for us for a while. We did all we could beating Y'Town, Western, and Coastal on the road. We can't control the fact that they're all underperforming about as much as they possibly could.

And NDSU lost at Stambaugh... so I'm not sure why NDSU has any right to be ahead of us or even close to us? Hanging with a crappy Wyoming team and beating a ranked conference opponent at home by a TD isn't a lot to write home to Mommy and Daddy Bison about. ;-)

And almost beating UNC isn't really all that impressive, either. Almost only counts in a few aspects of life, none of which are called "Football" The SDSU win was pretty nice, but the loss to the Bobcats pretty much negates it.

And a NICE D II win? Seriously? If you're gonna use LU's D II's against them, don't try and make a good D II seem like a plus for another team.

FCS Go!
October 13th, 2008, 12:48 PM

I'd take every team in the top 25 over Liberty at this point. Liberty has the weakest schedule of any team in the top 25 and, with the possible exception of our friends in the Pioneer, the weakest schedule of any team receiving votes. xrulesx

Grizzaholic
October 13th, 2008, 12:49 PM
that poll is comical

Reign of Terrier
October 13th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I'd take every team in the top 25 over Liberty at this point. Liberty has the weakest schedule of any team in the top 25 and, with the possible exception of our friends in the Pioneer, the weakest schedule of any team receiving votes. xrulesx

They'll learn their place against Elon. (don't worry)

FargoBison
October 13th, 2008, 12:51 PM

Their win over YSU inflated them in my poll and that is probably the case in other polls as well. If they want to be a top 15 team and in the playoffs they have to beat Elon.

ToTheLeft
October 13th, 2008, 12:51 PM

Go ahead. If gambling were allowed under the Liberty Way, I would put down some money on that type of bet. :p I can find at least a handful of teams I would feel confident going into the game that we would win.

ToTheLeft
October 13th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Their win over YSU inflated them in my poll and that is probably the case in other polls as well. If they want to be a top 15 team and in the playoffs they have to beat Elon.

Yeah, you were still a little sore from the boot to the butt that Y'Town gave ya, and so LU taking them down seemed like a pretty nice win... huh?

I guess now that Y'Town has fallen off the map a little, tho, LU's win means less then NDSU's loss.

ToTheLeft
October 13th, 2008, 12:53 PM
They'll learn their place against Elon. (don't worry)

I think I'm gonna start collecting these.

lizrdgizrd
October 13th, 2008, 12:59 PM

All of our big wins are on the road. That's why they aren't the huge blowouts everyone wants to see to push us upwards in the rankings.

What big wins do you have again? 2-5 YSU? not so much. 3-4 CCU? nope. 2-5 WCU? really?

We did all we could beating Y'Town, Western, and Coastal on the road. We can't control the fact that they're all underperforming about as much as they possibly could.
That's true that you play the schedule you've got. But so far your schedule isn't selling me on LU being a great team. Undefeated is nothing to scoff at, but look at your competition. xeyebrowx

FCS Go!
October 13th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Posters With A Clue on the prowl. :P

All of our big wins are on the road. ...
....And almost beating UNC isn't really all that impressive, either. Almost only counts in a few aspects of life, none of which are called "Football" The SDSU win was pretty nice, but the loss to the Bobcats pretty much negates it.

How many games has UNC lost this year? Bashing Heel football is appro most of the time but not this year. More research for you and good luck this week. Lose and Liberty is out of the playoffs.

FargoBison
October 13th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Yeah, you were still a little sore from the boot to the butt that Y'Town gave ya, and so LU taking them down seemed like a pretty nice win... huh?

I guess now that Y'Town has fallen off the map a little, tho, LU's win means less then NDSU's loss.

It did but now YSU has fallen off the map, that win could have been a feather in the cap for Liberty but now I'd say your win over CCU looks better. kind of sad but true, good thing you still have Elon on your schedule and if I were you I would become a huge Elon fan until you play them.

The only thing NDSU has going for it is a schedule that has enough power to weather a few losses but now the team is faced with beating UNI at the UNIdome and that is no small task.

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 13th, 2008, 01:10 PM

All of our big wins are on the road. That's why they aren't the huge blowouts everyone wants to see to push us upwards in the rankings. It's a shame the JMU home game is NEXT year, and not this year... would have been good to prove that we belong among the best of the best.

Might want to be careful what you wish for. Me and a few of my fellow co-workers (all jmu grads of course) have this date circled on our calendar for next year. I'm still slightly surprised the game is not in Hburg but I haven't been to Lynchburg since last years Scare Mare.

ToTheLeft
October 13th, 2008, 01:11 PM
What big wins do you have again? 2-5 YSU? not so much. 3-4 CCU? nope. 2-5 WCU? really?

That's true that you play the schedule you've got. But so far your schedule isn't selling me on LU being a great team. Undefeated is nothing to scoff at, but look at your competition. xeyebrowx

I know we haven't got a huge win on our schedule... I just think it's unfair to rule us out based on lack of schedule. I mean... once we have our loss, feel free to give me crap til the cows come home. But we have talent (I don't think anyone can deny that), and we play full scholarship teams from big conferences and win. That's better than a few teams in the top 25 and other receiving. I think we belong top 15 until proven otherwise. A loss to a team like CSU or Presby would turn me off to us belonging in the playoffs just as much as it would you.

How many games has UNC lost this year? Bashing Heel football is appro most of the time but not this year. More research for you and good luck this week. Lose and Liberty is out of the playoffs.

I follow college football, I know UNC is good this year. But still, ALMOST beating UNC isn't good enough. This isn't horseshoes.

It did but now YSU has fallen off the map, that win could have been a feather in the cap for Liberty but now I'd say your win over CCU looks better. kind of sad but true, good thing you still have Elon on your schedule and if I were you would become a huge Elon fan until you play them.

The only thing NDSU has going for it is a schedule that has enough power to weather a few losses but now the team is faced with beating UNI at the UNIdome and that is no small task.

I have been pulling for the Phoenix all year, I might as well go buy a T-Shirt...

One honest question... a win over Lafayette.... does it mean anything?

ToTheLeft
October 13th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Might want to be careful what you wish for. Me and a few of my fellow co-workers (all jmu grads of course) have this date circled on our calendar for next year. I'm still slightly surprised the game is not in Hburg but I haven't been to Lynchburg since last years Scare Mare.

Scaremare... very nice.

And I know it's going to be a heck of a battle for us... especially considering the team next year won't be ANYTHING like this one.

I just know that replacing Glenville State with JMU on our schedule would have made a big difference, even if we didn't beat JMU.

FargoBison
October 13th, 2008, 01:15 PM
One honest question... a win over Lafayette.... does it mean anything?

It would help silence the people saying you don't belong in the top 25 but in the grand scheme of things you have to win out or it won't be a big deal.

UNI Pike
October 13th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Liberty, keep winning and you will get a at large berth probably somewhere you don't want to go. You control your destiny. As for UNI, we need to win the conference, otherwise we will get Woffed if history repeats.

ToTheLeft
October 13th, 2008, 01:17 PM
To Fargo: We'll have to agree to disagree on that last point. :)

TO UNI: I don't care if they send us to Cal Poly, I just wanna be i the 16.

tribefootballfan
October 13th, 2008, 01:19 PM
How does Delaware still get votes?? 2-4 with a win over West Chester?
Get rid of the polls till after the fourth week!!!!

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 13th, 2008, 01:22 PM

Personally I'd like to see LU come up to Hburg for the first round myself xrotatehx

ToTheLeft
October 13th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Personally I'd like to see LU come up to Hburg for the first round myself xrotatehx

I wouldn't mind that. Closer trip, tougher game, more epic upset possibility. :-)

UNI Pike
October 13th, 2008, 01:23 PM

Cal Poly would not be a bad place to play (been there), unless they have an 7:30 PM kickoff. That might not help you much.

Honestly, I was thinking more of the JMU, APP State, Richmond types of draws when I mentioned that.

Good luck.

ToTheLeft
October 13th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I know those are the likely destinations... and they all scare me, but it would still be an awesome experience.

South Carolina Duke
October 13th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I wouldn't mind that. Closer trip, tougher game, more epic upset possibility. :-)

David and Goliath! Shorter trip home to L-burg.

I am all for it. However, Goliath wins this one.xpeacex

FargoBison
October 13th, 2008, 01:27 PM

I can always agree to disagree, good luck to Liberty the rest of the way.

ToTheLeft
October 13th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Thanks, I would say same to the Bison but I don't want them taking away any more at-large bids. We need as many to stay open as we can get! :)

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 13th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Of course if history repeats itself its more likely that LU will be hosting JMU for the first round of the playoffs.

lizrdgizrd
October 13th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I know we haven't got a huge win on our schedule... I just think it's unfair to rule us out based on lack of schedule. I mean... once we have our loss, feel free to give me crap til the cows come home. But we have talent (I don't think anyone can deny that), and we play full scholarship teams from big conferences and win. That's better than a few teams in the top 25 and other receiving. I think we belong top 15 until proven otherwise. A loss to a team like CSU or Presby would turn me off to us belonging in the playoffs just as much as it would you.

You were the one saying you had your three big wins on the road. xpeacex

I certainly don't think you've proven you belong in the top 15 at all. I can understand maybe somewhere at 20-25 just for 4 FCS wins and no losses.

ToTheLeft
October 13th, 2008, 01:35 PM
huge > big

Our road wins were big, but nothing huge. No statement game. Just solid wins that should have earned us respect, but apparently did not.

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 13th, 2008, 01:36 PM
huge > big

Our road wins were big, but nothing huge. No statement game. Just solid wins that should have earned us respect, but apparently did not.

Liberty's got my respect while they continue to win. Statement game will be against Elon.

alexale23
October 13th, 2008, 01:36 PM
u lucky JMU canceled on you.

I cant respect any team in the big south Until they play and beat a descent Socon or Caa team then i will respect them. Until then their undefeated at eating cupcakes

ToTheLeft
October 13th, 2008, 01:38 PM

I thought this was an English language forum for discussion of football?

Not a "13 Year old girl texting her BFF" language forum "4 dizcussion of FuTtBaLl!"

And sure, LU might have lost to JMU, but it would have meant more in the scheme of things than a win against a D2.

alexale23
October 13th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Wow this is a football chat forum not english class. I hate when people do not have a point so they try to comeback with some grammar crap.
Oh my god I used the letter U instead of typing YOU. Let me go back and edit your posts I'm sure I will found grammar errors

purplepeopleeaterv2

I cant respect any team in the big south Until they play and beat a descent Socon or Caa team then i will respect them. Until then their undefeated at eating cupcakes

Their win over Youngstown earned respect in my eyes. Sure Youngstown's record isn't the greatest this season but they have had 1 or 2 upsets and Liberty beat them on the road. Something JMU failed to do... That said I'm hedging that they won't beat Elon.

SuperJon
Since when has Youngstown and Coastal been cupcakes? Yes, they both aren't good this year, but when the contract with Youngstown was signed they were by no means this bad. It's not our fault they couldn't keep up their end of the bargain.

ToTheLeft
October 13th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Wow this is a football chat forum not english class. I hate when people do not have a point so they try to comeback with some grammar crap.
Oh my god I used the letter U instead of typing YOU. Let me go back and edit your posts I'm sure I will found grammar errors

I'm sure I will found some, too.

There's one.

xreadx xcoffeex

alexale23
October 13th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Wow I'm officially a Liberty hater now look for future posts in the smack forum. I look forward to smacking your team

lizrdgizrd
October 13th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Since when has Youngstown and Coastal been cupcakes? Yes, they both aren't good this year, but when the contract with Youngstown was signed they were by no means this bad. It's not our fault they couldn't keep up their end of the bargain.

But the fact that the teams were good at one point doesn't help you when you beat them in a down season. Good to have on the schedule, sucks that they're performing poorly against most competition.

lizrdgizrd
October 13th, 2008, 01:52 PM
huge > big

I respect the win streak, but just winning doesn't mean you should be top 15. Should San Diego be in the top 15 too? xeyebrowx

I guess they should be ranked 14 to your 15 since they've got more FCS wins than you. xchinscratchx

McNeese75
October 13th, 2008, 01:56 PM

xrolleyesx You started it, good luck xcoffeex

SuperJon
October 13th, 2008, 02:01 PM
I respect the win streak, but just winning doesn't mean you should be top 15. Should San Diego be in the top 15 too? xeyebrowx

I guess they should be ranked 14 to your 15 since they've got more FCS wins than you. xchinscratchx

The thing is, we've beaten scholarship teams from power conference.

Down year or not, Youngstown still hadn't lost a home nonconference game in something like five years. Coastal hadn't lost a home conference game in five years.

I'm not saying we're world beaters, but I feel we should be in the top 16 at this point.

elon77
October 13th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Wow I'm officially a Liberty hater now look for future posts in the smack forum. I look forward to smacking your team

Liberty hater, whow that's probably a first. How about it Liberty fans?xreadx

SuperJon
October 13th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Liberty hater, whow that's probably a first. How about it Liberty fans?xreadx

No, there are probably more Liberty haters out there than haters for many schools much more successful than we've ever been.

already123
October 13th, 2008, 02:26 PM
can someone please explain to me how NAU (and weber) is ranked behind a 3-3 NDSU team??

Does having the #1 defense in the country count for anything??

jcmanson
October 13th, 2008, 02:50 PM
I love all the LU talk. :)

It's funny because we've been hearing the same thing all year: you won't beat WCU, you won't beat YSU, you won't beat Coastal, you'll earn respect when you beat them, blah blah blah. Looking forward to 11/22 xnodx

lizrdgizrd
October 13th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I love all the LU talk. :)

It's funny because we've been hearing the same thing all year: you won't beat WCU, you won't beat YSU, you won't beat Coastal, you'll earn respect when you beat them, blah blah blah. Looking forward to 11/22 xnodx

Who said you wouldn't beat WCU? xconfusedx xnutsx

Grizzaholic
October 13th, 2008, 03:18 PM
can someone please explain to me how NAU (and weber) is ranked behind a 3-3 NDSU team??

Does having the #1 defense in the country count for anything??

NDSU is riding the coattails from past seasons. They will lose again soon and it will be all over for them.

jcmanson
October 13th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Who said you wouldn't beat WCU? xconfusedx xnutsx

I don't remember who, but it was posted back before the season started.

ToTheLeft
October 13th, 2008, 03:37 PM

I hope you're kidding.

They play non-scholly teams. They are on a different level of football.

You might not like Western, but they ARE So-Con. Y'Town IS MVFC... we play legit teams. We were the first OOC winner in Stambaugh in quite some time, and the first Big South team to win in Conway since 03...

ToTheLeft
October 13th, 2008, 03:38 PM

Bring it. xcoffeex

lizrdgizrd
October 13th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I hope you're kidding.

They play non-scholly teams. They are on a different level of football.

You might not like Western, but they ARE So-Con. Y'Town IS MVFC... we play legit teams. We were the first OOC winner in Stambaugh in quite some time, and the first Big South team to win in Conway since 03...

Obviously, I'm kidding. The point was that just winning doesn't make you a top 15 team.

ToTheLeft
October 13th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Obviously, I'm kidding. The point was that just winning doesn't make you a top 15 team.

I figured, but with people like alexale on the board, I can never be sure if statements like that are serious or jokes. :P

I agree, but I just think we disagree on the quality of our wins. I see our wins so far as better wins than you see them. I know we haven't beat an elite team, but we beat good teams having bad years. I think that counts for something. Chargers fans are probably stoked about beating the Patriots, regardless of the kind of year the fighting hooded sweatshirts are having.

lizrdgizrd
October 13th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I figured, but with people like alexale on the board, I can never be sure if statements like that are serious or jokes. :P

I agree, but I just think we disagree on the quality of our wins. I see our wins so far as better wins than you see them. I know we haven't beat an elite team, but we beat good teams having bad years. I think that counts for something. Chargers fans are probably stoked about beating the Patriots, regardless of the kind of year the fighting hooded sweatshirts are having.
How dare you compare me to alickyourprickale! xmadx xsmiley_wix

That's my point, beating a team that's not playing well isn't very impressive. You play the team they've got this year, not their average team over the last 10. :o

AppStateold299
October 13th, 2008, 03:55 PM
The base of your point is that your wins are good wins because the schools used to be good. They are all having down years, and unfortunately that makes the value of your wins go down. Just because someone used to be good doesn't mean that a win over them still holds the same clout. I agree you do deserve to be in the top 25, but 15 is a little high at this point in the season. Let's see what you can do against a team like Elon. If you hold your own or even win then you will be good in my books.

SuperJon
October 13th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Ok, let me ask you guys this. Everyone knows we are forced to play the teams in our conference because, well, they're our conference. In your eyes, individually, does a huge win (25-30 points) help more than just an average win (two scores)? Obviously a close win isn't good at all, but would a blowout mean more to you than a game where it was obvious we were better but put the reserves in?

danefan
October 13th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Ok, let me ask you guys this. Everyone knows we are forced to play the teams in our conference because, well, they're our conference. In your eyes, individually, does a huge win (25-30 points) help more than just an average win (two scores)? Obviously a close win isn't good at all, but would a blowout mean more to you than a game where it was obvious we were better but put the reserves in?

You have blow out every team in the Big South. Close wins won't get you anywhere. Its the plight of a non-AQ league.

You want to make the playoffs then you better leave your starters in.

Savage Paw
October 13th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Northern Arizona, Weber St, and even South Dakota St have big arguments to be ahead of NDSU.

Weber has a big argument to be ahead of our Grizzlies.

PantherRob82
October 13th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I'm a little suprised that Western Illinois only moved up one spot. Say what you want about NDSU, but they had won 15 straight at home and beat a good So. Ill. team last week. It is not easy to win in the Fargo Dome, if anyone should know it would SDSU. We have not won there since 1963.

I'm not sure that SIU is that good.

coover
October 13th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I don't care if they send us to Cal Poly, I just wanna be i the 16.

Oh, you will care if you have to go to SLO. First, you have to get there, and that will not only be difficult, it will be expensive. And then, while you'll love the area, the town, and the campus, you'll hate the game.

I hope to see you there!

Houndawg
October 13th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I'm not sure that SIU is that good.

Likewise.:D

PantherRob82
October 13th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Likewise.:D

No offense of course. I'm not sure anyone in the MVFC is that good.

How did we lose to SIU who didn't look that good.
How did SIU lose to NDSU? How did they not kill Hampton?
How good is SDSU? Lost to McNeese who lost to Texas St.
How good is WIU? Lost to SDSU
How good is YSU? Lost to Liberty, So Utah and Mo State
How good is Mo State? Lost to D2 Washburn
How good is Indiana State? hahahahahaha
How good is Illinois State? Lost to Eastern Illinois and hasn't beaten anyone good.